Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

UEFA to ask for 'independent' report into Champions League Final

Read 27479 times
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Re: UEFA to ask for 'independent' report into Champions League Final
      Reply #207: Jun 13, 2022 11:06:51 am
      You had the opportunity to delete and re-think, but you didn't take it, so let me respond to your embarrassing nonsense in the most appropriate way: ie to assume you're a toddler taking his first steps in language.

When rival fans refer to us as "dippers" and "victims" we know they are in the first place mocking poverty in Liverpool in the 80's, and for the second term responding positively to media violence, especially referencing Hillborough. When people assume things of groups when knowing nothing of the individuals they are composed of we adults call this prejudice. Prej u dice. The 'dice' is pronounced 'dish' in case you ever want to use it in conversation. When people talk about "the French" and ascribe negative attributes to the whole nation without knowing anything about well over 99.9% of the people composing said nation we call that.. it begins with P .. can you guess it? Can we begin to see why I put the two things together? Spend some time, talk to a friend .. maybe they'll help you see it.

You really are a condescending person aren't you. If you are going to come on here and try to teach someone English, at least get it right ffs.
      Apologies for hijacking the thread.
      « Last Edit: Jun 13, 2022 01:03:48 pm by Norfolk Red »
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #208: Jun 13, 2022 12:58:06 pm
      Bottom line is, putting the blame on our supporters may be rescinded to a small extent, but on the whole, nothing  else will change, and most of the issues will be just brushed aside. No penalties for anyone or any organisation. A few half hearted apologies perhaps and that’s that.
      What’s the f**king point ? Nothings gonna change !

Back on topic and well said. Your right it will be a whitewash. Uefa will make a few half hearted recommendations blah blah blah and the Paris police walk away unpunished.

gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #209: Jun 13, 2022 05:47:30 pm
      Paris has the Olympics soon and France has the rugby world cup
       I don't think they will openly acknowledge all their mistakes and they will probably continue to try to put some blame on the fans. However, I think that the organisers of those events will have some significant lessons learnt, even if it's not publicly talked about. They cannot let it happen again in just 1 or 2 years.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #210: Jun 13, 2022 09:13:11 pm
      Paris has the Olympics soon and France has the rugby world cup
       I don't think they will openly acknowledge all their mistakes and they will probably continue to try to put some blame on the fans. However, I think that the organisers of those events will have some significant lessons learnt, even if it's not publicly talked about. They cannot let it happen again in just 1 or 2 years.

If these events are taken from the French and take place in Italy or somewhere else, that will get the messsge across.
      The organisers just haven’t got the balls to do it.
      It wouldn’t happen again at any sporting event that’s for sure.
      And the French police guilty of the assaults are mostly on someone’s camera or phone. They all have an id number. Why aren’t the being identified and prosecuted ?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #211: Jun 13, 2022 10:18:18 pm

If these events are taken from the French and take place in Italy or somewhere else, that will get the messsge across.
      The organisers just haven’t got the balls to do it.
      It wouldn’t happen again at any sporting event that’s for sure.
      And the French police guilty of the assaults are mostly on someone’s camera or phone. They all have an id number. Why aren’t the being identified and prosecuted ?

It won't be allowed to happen at the Olympics in two years. It'd be quite something of the Parisian police to try and manufacture a riot when high dignatories / heads of states are attending the events next year.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #212: Jun 15, 2022 11:04:18 pm
      I've not read the article, but from the tweet I get the gist. Will read it tomorrow, but words fail me.

https://twitter.com/david_conn/status/1537181906030440448?t=C344qCtCz6W-k10TWw7lzQ&s=19
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #213: Jun 15, 2022 11:43:30 pm
      Unforgivable how they treated our fans, yes I'm sure Real Madrid fans got treated bad too but it was our fans who were already judged. (edit, too dismissive there from me ( thinking back about that Real Madrid fan in such a dangerous condition in hospital)
       There is so many reasons this is wrong, people saving up to go, lucky to get tickets, going for a celebration of football. To be met with laughing police and gangs of thugs and a dodgy stadium that can't process tickets.
       In Liverpool city centre after the match, people were still having a ball and there was no trouble with disgruntled supporters. This is aside from the French treatment of our fans, because everyone was drunk and didn't know any of this at the time. Never saw the city centre look like that, it was like a festival everywhere and people were still loving the occasion even after we lost as I said. The reason I mention that is because the people who went to France would be the same.
        I don't know why there was horrible treatment of  the lovely fans we have. It's sad that the only thing I could think over the days following is thank god no one got killed, still though how many people are traumatised over this? So many, I feel for them and couldn't imagine the whole extent of what they must have felt.
       They definitely tried to cause something to happen, for reasons, people can speculate about that, anyone saying 'oo conspiracy stuff don't say that' are total potato brained automatons.
      « Last Edit: Jun 15, 2022 11:49:52 pm by Crunchycrisps »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #214: Jun 16, 2022 08:10:45 am
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #215: Jun 16, 2022 05:45:36 pm

these stories we told on the night by Real fans as well as French and English fans but it won't stop the cover up keep repeating the lie and people will eventually believe Liverpool fans arrived with no tickets and caused the problem we have been here before sadly and we know what happens next ...F**k all
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #216: Jun 18, 2022 10:24:42 pm
      You really are a condescending person aren't you. If you are going to come on here and try to teach someone English, at least get it right ffs.
      Apologies for hijacking the thread.

No. I am not.

What I said was deliberate and accurate, I believe.

If you have opposing evidence I'm open to reading, seeing it. And I am open to coming to a different conclusion.

Good luck.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #217: Jun 18, 2022 11:08:06 pm
      No. I am not.

What I said was deliberate and accurate, I believe.

If you have opposing evidence I'm open to reading, seeing it. And I am open to coming to a different conclusion.

Good luck.

not at all condescending . you are a clam you are not open to anyone's views but your own good luck to you but  Norfolk is one of the most generous of posters if he thinks you are condescending its good enough. A good time to engage the ignore button why dont you post in day light hours
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #218: Jun 19, 2022 10:37:36 pm
      not at all condescending . you are a clam you are not open to anyone's views but your own good luck to you but  Norfolk is one of the most generous of posters if he thinks you are condescending its good enough. A good time to engage the ignore button why dont you post in day light hours

Because it's horrendously painful to read this sh*te sober. It's difficult to believe some of you are Liverpool fans, so opposed are you to the values of the club.

I was patronising in that post referred to, but it was deliberate and intended to piss you off and wind you up. You are so hilariously convinced that I believe I operate from a superior position. You do not know the first damn thing about me! I accept it's childish to play this sh*te.
      « Last Edit: Jun 19, 2022 10:51:11 pm by Isaac! »
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #219: Jun 26, 2022 01:09:21 pm
      Quote from Harrisimo
      But Isaac...this thread is about the C/L final and the brutal treatment dished out to innocent LFC fans..it's not for you to hijack it and turn it into some prejudice stereotyping theoretical discriminatory overview, with you as the overlord..

Yet you think it has to do with some nobody called Lindsay Hoyle, as well as Brexit and the allegedly, Tory BBC.

Quote from Crunchycrisps
      It's not easy just letting the French nation as a whole off with this, I am so disgusted at the treatment of our fans. As someone who never called French people frogs or thinking that way. I had respect and a curiosity about the country, so many good things going for it but I can't forgive this. It's not all the people there who wanted Liverpool fans (English people to them) treated so horribly but if the government and police have such contempt for people from England then who from here would go there knowing that?
       The result of the match has fallen into the not really arsed category now considering what people from around the world as Liverpool fans went there to endure, they will be traumatised and most of them wouldn't of cared what result happened considering getting into the stadium and getting home safely.
        They ruined the best football cup in the world. I detest the arrogant scum laden society they live in and all those who endangered fans of both clubs. Many Liverpool fans wouldn't have even been from England so I'm not going all Ingurland, even though I can't stand that dismissive ridicule of people from here either, I used it so the politically correct brigade don't burp on their farleys rusk with utopian ideals and chime in from their safe havens while innocent football fans were targeted, intimidated and provoked to start trouble simply because they were from England.
       France is a country I now never want to visit ever, don't care if it was a rough region, people ignoring the migrants in fear of being called racist, how weak and how ignorant has everyone become? It's just not acceptable for a European country to get away with this if you think this is a civilized continent.
        Someone will mention brexit, why would you want to be brothers or sisters with a country that treats us here and all our fans from around the world like that?

Whether you want to or not, this has nothing to do with Brexit. So stop saying it.

We know why the Gendarmerie arrived for a scrap, it was pre meditated and pre planned, and I'm sure they're disappointed they get it. It didn't fit the narrative, and it didn't fit the reputation they gave us. They came for a Heysel style riot with 40,000 English football hooligans, but got thousands of impeccably behaved reds from all over the world instead, as we know a thing or two about disasters at stadiums. They know everything there is to know about public unrest, as they get to dish out their response in France on a regular, at times weekly, basis.

Like most places in the world, Paris and France has many attractions for people to go there, and many places you want to get away from asap. When you know the difference, then you have nothing to worry about.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #221: Jun 28, 2022 01:51:06 pm
      We had people attacked and assaulted including disabled people who had carers with them . Never mind apologies it seems these days only Money can compensate so some clever Lawyers here or in France need to start an action against UEFA and the French Police.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #222: Jun 28, 2022 03:08:47 pm
      We had people attacked and assaulted including disabled people who had carers with them . Never mind apologies it seems these days only Money can compensate so some clever Lawyers here or in France need to start an action against UEFA and the French Police.

Can't see Uefa being sued, those fuckers would tie you up in courts for years. Half the cu*ts in charge of Uefa probably started out as Lawyers!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #223: Jun 28, 2022 03:43:46 pm
      Can't see Uefa being sued, those fuckers would tie you up in courts for years. Half the cu*ts in charge of Uefa probably started out as Lawyers!!

it would be nice for the club to be a bit more vocal and directly supportive but you can't rock the boat these days imagine saying anything to do with Liverpool and we just accept the status quo. Not heard much from our Foreign office or Government so just left to suck it up.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #224: Jul 09, 2022 10:32:00 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #225: Jul 10, 2022 12:24:30 am
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #226: Jul 10, 2022 11:12:33 am

So many cameras around these days ... Internet etc. There's nowhere to hide or anyway to cover up the truth ... although initially they had a go at doing just that.

It's a miracle nobody wad seriously injured in a way that Sean Cox was or worse that that killed outright.

We will get the usual 'lessons will be learned' garbage I'm sure. People should be losing their jobs over that 'fiasco' 
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #227: Jul 10, 2022 06:38:30 pm
      All you have to look at to see what way UEFA will carry on is look at how Blatter and Platiini got on enough said corrupt to the core
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #228: Jul 11, 2022 09:17:01 pm
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #229: Jul 12, 2022 12:49:23 pm
      Let’s see what uefa have to say

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62120782