Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Sadio Mane (Bayern Munich)

Read 19609 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Sadio Mane (Bayern Munich)
      May 30, 2022 10:39:55 pm
      Surprised there hasn't been a transfer topic posted but there have been strong suggestions since the final (and before) that he is off to Bayern Munich with Liverpool wanting £30M+.

For a player who has turned 30 and is in the final year of his contract I'd say this was probably a sensible ballpark figure.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Re: Sadio Mane (Bayern Munich)
      Reply #1: May 30, 2022 10:48:12 pm
      Similar to what was paid for Thiago correct?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #2: May 30, 2022 10:50:10 pm
      It would be nice is PSG (or should they be called Mappe's squad) have some interest in him as well to get some sort of bidding war.

Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #3: May 30, 2022 10:52:57 pm
      I'm not sure about this. Why would he say he had news after the final if it was negative for Liverpool fans? I suppose he expected to win, so why punch us in the gut like that? And then he didn't declare anything.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #4: May 31, 2022 12:21:28 am
      Lewandowski swap would be fine with me..... sure he's old, but he's still pretty F***ing good. A true number 9 like that would take us to the next level, even if for only 2 years or so....
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #5: May 31, 2022 01:53:59 am
      I'm not sure about this. Why would he say he had news after the final if it was negative for Liverpool fans? I suppose he expected to win, so why punch us in the gut like that? And then he didn't declare anything.

We've had the best years of Sadio Mane.  Yes we could probably squeeze another season or two out of him but I do think it's probably time that Klopp beds in younger players. 

Great player for the club but we have to look to the future and this summer is as good a time as any to think about replacements.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6: May 31, 2022 08:14:09 am

Totally agree, I was convinced he was staying when I heard that. I wouldn’t be happy with that in your position.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #7: May 31, 2022 08:15:57 am
      We've had the best years of Sadio Mane.  Yes we could probably squeeze another season or two out of him but I do think it's probably time that Klopp beds in younger players. 

Great player for the club but we have to look to the future and this summer is as good a time as any to think about replacements.

As I’m sure you’ll know JD you’ll be spending a lot more than 30 million to replace him, probably double it and hope Klopp picks another gem like he often does.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #8: May 31, 2022 01:35:22 pm
      Thought i read PSG is offering Neymar around. If they found a sucker to take him they may go in on Mane as well.
      inatteam
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #9: May 31, 2022 01:52:27 pm

if he had decided to leave, he probably would not want to say that before the final,  as it would have been a downer to everyone??
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #10: May 31, 2022 06:26:05 pm
      12 months ago I thought that he was on the downward slope and thought we should cash in. However, he has completely reinvented himself playing through the middle this past season. I hope the club can pursuade him to stay and then look at how they replace Salah who clearly wants to go where he can earn.

If Mane wants out I hope the club are looking for 40 million. He has miles on the clock but Is coming off one of his best ever seasons and had stayed free of any major injuries through his career thus far.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #11: May 31, 2022 06:53:40 pm
      I think Ronaldo at 36/37 and the Big galute from Sweden who is 40 plus are showing 30 isnt necessary the end of their peak so good for the club he could play for 6 more years at the top £40 mil or go away
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #12: May 31, 2022 06:59:58 pm
      Starting to wonder if the plan all along wasn't that Mane would go, Salah would stay one more year and they may re-sign Bobby at a cut rate. Jota and Diaz are replacements for Mo and Sadio to be supplemented by another forward or two that we've never heard of? I think if the club spend big it will be on Bellingham next summer. No big outlay this summer.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #13: May 31, 2022 09:54:39 pm
      Starting to wonder if the plan all along wasn't that Mane would go, Salah would stay one more year and they may re-sign Bobby at a cut rate. Jota and Diaz are replacements for Mo and Sadio to be supplemented by another forward or two that we've never heard of? I think if the club spend big it will be on Bellingham next summer. No big outlay this summer.

When Diaz was signed, many people were saying it would likely lead to the departure of Mane in the summer.
      Well not necessarily him for certain, just that it was expected one of the original 3 would leave and he was deemed the more likely.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #14: Jun 01, 2022 03:24:12 am
      When Diaz was signed, many people were saying it would likely lead to the departure of Mane in the summer.
      Well not necessarily him for certain, just that it was expected one of the original 3 would leave and he was deemed the more likely.

I think our front office are smarter and hungrier that that. I think they understand to beat City in a 38 game season, you need the likes of capable starters coming off the bench. 2 seasons ago showed us this.

I really enjoy when Mini, Origi, and Ox played, just because their Reds (or they atleast they were) and you know it means a lot to them. However, City bring Grealish, Marez, Ake, Stones, and Sterling off the bench in any given game. Now we can't bring a 100 mil guy off the bench, who else can? (other than maybe RM and PSG), but we need to be able to bring accomplished guys like Jota, Kieta, and Matip in to help get results.

I think that our world wide brand is growing each year, and with it comes high expectations. It's all but been confirmed that we were going to go HAM for Son if they didn't make top 4. I think that shows what our expectations are next season.

We will respond, and if history is any indicator, we will make atleast one signing that comes out of nowhere and blows us all away. This scouting department is phenomenal. Klopp wouldn't have signed for 4 more years if he wasn't going to get backed and go for titles.

I'm going with Martin Terrier as the replacement
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #15: Jun 01, 2022 08:20:52 am
      I think Ronaldo at 36/37 and the Big galute from Sweden who is 40 plus are showing 30 isnt necessary the end of their peak so good for the club he could play for 6 more years at the top £40 mil or go away

correct.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #16: Jun 01, 2022 11:14:48 am
      It would be a shame to lose him after the season he's had but £40m is I think a fair price for a world class player aged 30 with a year left on his current deal. Bayern will get plenty of mileage out of him.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #17: Jun 01, 2022 02:02:44 pm

I think because Diaz plays the same position as Sadio is that some thought that it would likely lead to Mane's departure. He did take Mane's position after all, and "forced" Sadio to the middle.

I have always thought that because of age and all 3 contracts expiring at the same time that one of Bobby, Mane and Salah would leave, so now it's a matter of who do we replace Mane with. A capable backup to Salah would be great, as we have no one who can truly sub for him now that Sadio is gone.
      inatteam
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #18: Jun 01, 2022 03:08:57 pm
      Surprised there hasn't been a transfer topic posted but there have been strong suggestions since the final (and before) that he is off to Bayern Munich with Liverpool wanting £30M+.

For a player who has turned 30 and is in the final year of his contract I'd say this was probably a sensible ballpark figure.

Best wishes & Good luck Sadio   
      (dont want to see people moaning at MANe)
      cost about 20m?  ...
      let him go where he wants GOOD man on & off the field!!

didnt see Mo on OUR great parade, just dont need to hear Macateer kissing John Henrys arse, as the fen way sharks hypocrisy ,. is immense ,contrary to the popular narrative, Lfc are one of the richest clubs in the world backed by billionaires who dont like to spend on TEAM (200mil net spend in 6 years) and  fen way under valued MANeb after last seasons void... neither MANE or MO owes  them anything!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #19: Jun 01, 2022 05:53:56 pm
      I don’t get this at all, not one fookin bit, Q,..has anyone actually heard Mane say he actually wants to move on ? Or is it I’m guessing just the usual click bait bollocks fuelled by some f***in no mark in Landan, alrite geezer, any old iron, w**ker!

To me the whole point in bringing in Diaz was not to pave way for someone to leave but in fact to strengthen up top and give us for the most part two players for each position, how many times have we said that Mane, or Mo, or Bobby need a rest ? We did plenty of times before we brought in Jota  and of course Diaz this Jan, we relied on the usual suspects too much at that time hence Jürgen wanting more options up front, I don’t honestly see Sadio wanting away, where else would he be more appreciated than at LFC,

If indeed Mane does fancy pastures new or a different  challenge then we put a price on his head appropriate to his talent, age , fitness etc, upwards of £27m-£30m I’d say, and not a f***in penny less !

Be gutting losing Mane, he’s unique and very very difficult to replace.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #20: Jun 01, 2022 09:15:17 pm
      I think because Diaz plays the same position as Sadio is that some thought that it would likely lead to Mane's departure. He did take Mane's position after all, and "forced" Sadio to the middle.

I have always thought that because of age and all 3 contracts expiring at the same time that one of Bobby, Mane and Salah would leave, so now it's a matter of who do we replace Mane with. A capable backup to Salah would be great, as we have no one who can truly sub for him now that Sadio is gone.

The Diaz deal was done early. Deal should of been done in the summer, but brought forward due to genuine interest from Spurs.

More than likely Diaz is the replacement for Mane.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #21: Jun 01, 2022 09:29:05 pm
      The Diaz deal was done early. Deal should of been done in the summer, but brought forward due to genuine interest from Spurs.

More than likely Diaz is the replacement for Mane.

I fear that's the case. So FSG have to understand squad depth is the main reason we got to 4 (effectively) finals.
      Ryreb
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts | 24 
      Reply #22: Jun 02, 2022 03:13:00 pm
      I’d like to see us sign someone that would command attention in front of goal. Our wingers get smothered because of the lack of threat.   

Diaz - New 9-  Salah.   Jota is versitile enough to relieve any of the front three.  I also believe with a Strong 9,  Elliott could back up Salah with no issues  use Bobby to back up the middle or as attacking midfielder. False 9 roles.

Quick Reply