Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Sadio Mane (Bayern Munich)

Read 19606 times
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Re: Sadio Mane (Bayern Munich)
      Reply #23: Jun 02, 2022 05:32:30 pm
      Why not Diaz-Jota-Salah? And Bobby/Elliott as runners up. I do not see a glaring need, of course it does not mean not to look around for gems.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #24: Jun 02, 2022 05:34:43 pm
      Why not Diaz-Jota-Salah? And Bobby/Elliott as runners up. I do not see a glaring need, of course it does not mean not to look around for gems.

Because we play around 60 games per season. And Bobby struggles more and more with injuries.
      We need depth.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #25: Jun 02, 2022 11:04:04 pm
      I keep seeing people saying Mane is leaving, bit has Sadio actually said this? ???
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #26: Jun 02, 2022 11:49:42 pm
      I keep seeing people saying Mane is leaving, bit has Sadio actually said this? ???

Thats the thing.  We've lost a champions league final the players have had a long season especially Mane and Salah they didn't even have a winters break they gone to get their deserved rest and the papers are in over drive.  As far as mane is concerned want to hear it out of his mouth.   Magical news after the final to wanting out before the end of his contract???   Why??  I will just wait to hear the good news when we beat shitty 31st July in the charity shield!   
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #27: Jun 03, 2022 02:26:19 am

I trust Romano and Pearce. Both do not err. Sadio is gone. And if it's right what he wanted from us then I understand we rather let him walk. He's 30. The same should apply for Mo next season. If they want world class money they have to deliver world class acts and they neither did last Saturday nor against Tottenham (the 1-1 lost the PL in hindsight) and that is where you earn your right to demand a king's ransom.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #28: Jun 03, 2022 09:56:00 am
      I trust Romano and Pearce. Both do not err. Sadio is gone. And if it's right what he wanted from us then I understand we rather let him walk. He's 30. The same should apply for Mo next season. If they want world class money they have to deliver world class acts and they neither did last Saturday nor against Tottenham (the 1-1 lost the PL in hindsight) and that is where you earn your right to demand a king's ransom.

I disagree with most of this.
      Mane and salah have done enough for this club to not be judged on one game.
      If mane wants a new challenge then I think we should allow that.
      If salah wants to play one more season at anfield then thats up to him.
      As for the 1-1 draw to spurs costing us the title, there are plenty of other draws against lesser teams we should focus on. Mainly Brighton.

And as for journalists being in the ‘know’, once upon a time maybe. But nowadays the club seems to surprise everyone with their signings.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #29: Jun 03, 2022 12:09:50 pm
      I disagree with most of this.
      Mane and salah have done enough for this club to not be judged on one game.
      If mane wants a new challenge then I think we should allow that.
      If salah wants to play one more season at anfield then thats up to him.
      As for the 1-1 draw to spurs costing us the title, there are plenty of other draws against lesser teams we should focus on. Mainly Brighton.

And as for journalists being in the ‘know’, once upon a time maybe. But nowadays the club seems to surprise everyone with their signings.

He’s right though Romano and Pearce usually don’t report things unless there’s something to it. They have some semblance of a reputation and it would harm that if they were constantly making things up. There are reporters who do that but these two generally don’t.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #30: Jun 03, 2022 08:35:20 pm
      He’s right though Romano and Pearce usually don’t report things unless there’s something to it. They have some semblance of a reputation and it would harm that if they were constantly making things up. There are reporters who do that but these two generally don’t.

Yep.

Sadio hadn't said anything public but it isn't hard to believe for me.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #31: Jun 03, 2022 08:38:11 pm
      if all this turns out to be true about Mo and Sadio's demands it will be so disappointing they came here as good players and are now world class and have been supported and loved if it all ends over money that is a very sad end to their time here
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #32: Jun 03, 2022 08:44:25 pm
      Being reported in the Echo he has said 60-70% of Senegalise want him to leave Liverpool and he will do want they want him to do.
      This isnt going to be an amicable separation if these comments are true it looks like he dismisses the Liverpool fans out of hand
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #33: Jun 03, 2022 10:23:11 pm
      Being reported in the Echo he has said 60-70% of Senegalise want him to leave Liverpool and he will do want they want him to do.
      This isnt going to be an amicable separation if these comments are true it looks like he dismisses the Liverpool fans out of hand

Yeah just read that. Another strange comment from him. Maybe he should do a poll on what wages he should accept.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #34: Jun 03, 2022 10:35:43 pm

Seems odd. They might be jaleous because of Salah, but we made him the player he is today. The player that delivered them their first and long-awaited Afcon.

I wouldn’t hold it against Sadio to be honest. And I can't see him bad-mouth the club anyway, it's not the kind of person he is.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #35: Jun 03, 2022 10:47:59 pm
      Don't know if the '60-70%' comment is his way of saying he believes he hasn't been treated well, but if it is, it is a strange thing to say IMO given his Liverpool career has made him the payer he is today.  Perhaps this is the 'special' announcement we were promised. Weird.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #36: Jun 03, 2022 11:42:16 pm
      Time to let go it seems, snd time for Sadio to shut up and move on without the nonsense statements.

It’s clear your want to leave Sadio, no one’s stepping in your way, just go amicably and enjoy the remainder of your career. When you hang your boots up for the final time, Liverpool will still be here 🤷‍♂️
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #37: Jun 04, 2022 10:07:44 am
      Are we about to see a swap deal for Gnabry ?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #38: Jun 04, 2022 11:57:10 am
      Lewandowski swap would be fine with me..... sure he's old, but he's still pretty F***ing good. A true number 9 like that would take us to the next level, even if for only 2 years or so....

He's off to Barca
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #39: Jun 04, 2022 11:58:12 am
      Seems odd. They might be jaleous because of Salah, but we made him the player he is today. The player that delivered them their first and long-awaited Afcon.

I wouldn’t hold it against Sadio to be honest. And I can't see him bad-mouth the club anyway, it's not the kind of person he is.

Weren’t these comments translated from his native language? I think people may be getting a little too worked up about something that may have been taken out of context. Dunno, but either way, at this point it does no good to get worked up about it. It will be what it will be. Just hope we are looking on bolstering the front line a bit. It was nice having 5 options for 3 spots.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #40: Jun 04, 2022 11:59:39 am

Heard that mooted. Won't be a swap deal though.

Him and Dembiele from Barca are the names I've heard as potential replacements in the squad.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #41: Jun 04, 2022 12:09:08 pm

Considering the talk is he's turned down 300k a week at Bayern - no.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #42: Jun 04, 2022 12:48:51 pm
      Heard that mooted. Won't be a swap deal though.

Him and Dembiele from Barca are the names I've heard as potential replacements in the squad.

£30mil is the  price mentioned for Gnabry who is also in the last year of his contract not dissimilar to Mane.I haven't a clue about him though other than knowing his name. Looks like we are in for a couple of major changes.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #43: Jun 05, 2022 10:08:50 am

Without the depth Diaz provided this season, we would not have been close to city or went as far as we did in trophies imo

Quality depth is important

Get Nunez and send maybe packing for what he said, and mane knew exactly what we was doing

Then next year when salah goes, we get another
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #44: Jun 05, 2022 11:50:15 am
      £30mil is the  price mentioned for Gnabry who is also in the last year of his contract not dissimilar to Mane.I haven't a clue about him though other than knowing his name. Looks like we are in for a couple of major changes.

Didn’t he score something like 4/5 goals in a Champions League match vs Spurs? Other than that, no idea what else he’s done, don’t really follow anything Bayern related.
      inatteam
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #45: Jun 05, 2022 11:58:30 am
      I don’t get this at all, not one fookin bit, Q,..has anyone actually heard Mane say he actually wants to move on ? Or is it I’m guessing just the usual click bait bollocks fuelled by some f***in no mark in Landan, alrite geezer, any old iron, W**ker!

To me the whole point in bringing in Diaz was not to pave way for someone to leave but in fact to strengthen up top and give us for the most part two players for each position, how many times have we said that Mane, or Mo, or Bobby need a rest ? We did plenty of times before we brought in Jota  and of course Diaz this Jan, we relied on the usual suspects too much at that time hence Jürgen wanting more options up front, I don’t honestly see Sadio wanting away, where else would he be more appreciated than at LFC,

If indeed Mane does fancy pastures new or a different  challenge then we put a price on his head appropriate to his talent, age , fitness etc, upwards of £27m-£30m I’d say, and not a f***in penny less !

Be gutting losing Mane, he’s unique and very very difficult to replace.

Yeah, Mo's success has been the feature for much of the footy media , & yet it seems that only since xmas have many pundits & co realised that MANE is "World class"  (on & OFF the field IMO) ... IF we had won in paris , with his succes for Senegal, I make him overall player of the season.. but its now so much about media-image...too much, if Sadio goes fen way also need to be asked if they really did value him considering the difference in salaries ?  he may just , having won all the trophies with the REdS wish for pastures new, whilst he still has the spark & pace  , (as Keegan did back in 77) top men.. good luck,   

Quick Reply