Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Sadio Mane (Bayern Munich)

Read 20274 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Re: Sadio Mane (Bayern Munich)
      Reply #69: Jun 06, 2022 11:29:43 pm
      If Sadio had asked for a move with a bit of restraint, instead of all this bollocks he's been talking, id be happy to see him move on with good wishes for his future, and thanks for all you brought to the club, along with some incredible memories.
       Now I feel like we ought to buy a top striker and let Sadio sit in the ressies until Bayern pay what we want, or his contract runs down.
      F**k em all. Do that and attitudes will change pretty quickly thats for sure.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #70: Jun 06, 2022 11:54:52 pm
      don't think Jürgen is a fan of Bayern so I expect him to squeeze them long and hard

Pretty sure Jürgen isn't involved in financial negotiations, though. ;)

As for Sadio's value... here's some context: rumour is Bayern is looking to get €50m for Lewandowski. He's 4 years older than Sadio and they both have one year remaining on their contract.
      Make of that what you will.
      « Last Edit: Jun 07, 2022 12:15:24 am by PTU »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #71: Jun 07, 2022 09:27:33 am

You can bet your life that the club wouldn’t dare sell a player without Klopp having the final say in the matter.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #72: Jun 07, 2022 03:33:33 pm
      You can bet your life that the club wouldn’t dare sell a player without Klopp having the final say in the matter.

On the decision to sell, definitely. But he won't be directly involved in the negotiations with Bayern. And it's probably for the best, we have very fine people doing that job.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #73: Jun 08, 2022 12:43:12 pm
      [David Maddock] Liverpool anger at second Bayern bid for Mane. Lowball offer worth up to £30m, including add-ons ONLY achievable if Mane wins hat trick of Ballon d’Ors! 🤣 Offer rejected out of hand and Bayern sporting director told in no uncertain terms his club’s approach is insulting.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #74: Jun 08, 2022 01:49:47 pm
      [David Maddock] Liverpool anger at second Bayern bid for Mane. Lowball offer worth up to £30m, including add-ons ONLY achievable if Mane wins hat trick of Ballon d’Ors! 🤣 Offer rejected out of hand and Bayern sporting director told in no uncertain terms his club’s approach is insulting.

F***ing love how we deal with transfers these days.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #75: Jun 08, 2022 01:56:54 pm
      You'd think ... with the way bayern are conducting themselves we would show sadio the love and put a new deal in front of him. That will get their back up and I think we should make a big play to keep him. I'd rather ship Salah out this summer and spoil his plans of free transfer richness.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #76: Jun 08, 2022 02:05:19 pm
      Know Bayern are obviously trying to get the best deal they can but to go in with that second bid is insulting and just runs the risk of us walking away.

There’s no doubt Sadio would give it everything if he stayed next season so Bayern need to come in with something good soon or I can see us walking away and maybe trying to move Salah on instead.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #77: Jun 08, 2022 02:06:35 pm
      Know Bayern are obviously trying to get the best deal they can but to go in with that second bid is insulting and just runs the risk of us walking away.

There’s no doubt Sadio would give it everything if he stayed next season so Bayern need to come in with something good soon or I can see us walking away and maybe trying to move Salah on instead.

His mind is elsewhere so sell him now.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #78: Jun 08, 2022 02:16:41 pm
      F***ing love how we deal with transfers these days.

Apparently whoever the guy is that handles their transfer is told us he wanted to come have face to face talks and we told him to stay home until he's going to bring an actual offer to the table.
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #79: Jun 08, 2022 02:16:56 pm

This is my idea mate for sure. I'd get shut of salah and ask Sadio for one more year. He played on the right when we bought him so could fit right in. Use the salah money for nunez or whoever Jürgen has his eye on. Diaz on the left.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #80: Jun 08, 2022 02:39:41 pm
      This is my idea mate for sure. I'd get shut of salah and ask Sadio for one more year. He played on the right when we bought him so could fit right in. Use the salah money for nunez or whoever Jürgen has his eye on. Diaz on the left.

So get rid of the player who wants to stay, been our top scorer for the last 5 years, 3x Premier League top scorer and also most assists last season in favour of keeping a player that wants to leave and has been talking rubbish in the media lately. Glad you're not overseeing the transfers.
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #81: Jun 08, 2022 02:55:58 pm
      So get rid of the player who wants to stay, been our top scorer for the last 5 years, 3x Premier League top scorer and also most assists last season in favour of keeping a player that wants to leave and has been talking rubbish in the media lately. Glad you're not overseeing the transfers.

Nahhh fella. Keep someone who was joking in the press and someone I believe told liverpool a while ago he wants to leave for a new challenge. I'd ask him for one more year

And sell the one who says he wants to stay whilst doing absolutely nothing to secure that stay except leak it out he's happy to stay in the prem when he leaves for all those riches. It depends how you view it.

Salah ain't staying here. You can spin it however you like. If the club don't take charge he's walking out for free on his own terms. Id rather he goes on our terms and Jürgen given the proceeds to spend. Glad you ain't overseeing the transfers as well tbh ....
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #82: Jun 08, 2022 02:59:35 pm
      Nahhh fella. Keep someone who was joking in the press and someone I believe told liverpool a while ago he wants to leave for a new challenge. I'd ask him for one more year

And sell the one who says he wants to stay whilst doing absolutely nothing to secure that stay except leak it out he's happy to stay in the prem when he leaves for all those riches. It depends how you view it.

Salah ain't staying here. You can spin it however you like. If the club don't take charge he's walking out for free on his own terms. Id rather he goes on our terms and Jürgen given the proceeds to spend. Glad you ain't overseeing the transfers as well tbh ....

Saying it "depends how you view it" and then on the next line telling me I'm spinning it. I'm not spinning anything so you can shove that comment.
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #83: Jun 08, 2022 03:04:21 pm
      Saying it "depends how you view it" and then on the next line telling me I'm spinning it. I'm not spinning anything so you can shove that comment.

And you know where you can shove you're shove it comment don't you fella.

He's being offered around 240k per week ... that's over 60m over 5 years plus substantial performance bonuses. He's not signing for all those millions and you say he really wants to stay at this club 🙄  ... you know where you can shove that comment la.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #84: Jun 08, 2022 03:06:34 pm
      And you know where you can shove you're shove it comment don't you fella.

He's being offered around 240k per week ... that's over 60m over 5 years plus substantial performance bonuses. He's not signing for all those millions and you say he really wants to stay at this club 🙄  ... you know where you can shove that comment la.

:tosser:
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,775 posts | 391 
      Reply #85: Jun 08, 2022 03:15:27 pm
      I'm glad neither of you are overseeing negotiations... so there!  :bert: :ernie:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #86: Jun 08, 2022 03:18:40 pm
      I'm glad neither of you are overseeing negotiations... so there!  :bert: :ernie:

I've not suggested what should or shouldn't be done so not sure why you're aiming that at me.

By the way, FWIW, the Bert and Ernie is there because of a joke with myself and Mags many years ago. That's why he has one on his profile and I have the other. Bit of pointless information for you there like.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #87: Jun 08, 2022 04:38:21 pm
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,910 posts | 4976 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #88: Jun 08, 2022 04:40:03 pm

I must have missed something here because I’ve haven’t read nor seen any evidence  whatsoever that 1, Mane does indeed want to F**k off, and 2, does anyone know aside from those concerned ie; that both players have said what they apparently said, we’re talking red top sh*te wipes here battle for column inches and electronic click bait, both full of sh*t and have no real idea,

Salah’s situation should have been sorted by now, the fact that it hasn’t is a sure fire sign FSG are not at all enamoured by what he wants, ie; his age, how long the new contract is, and by how much money is involved, another dilemma is, if indeed Mo doesn’t commit then we need to firstly find a replacement and ship him out for as much as we can muster, asap,

If Mane goes we have Diaz to take over, but I’d rather he stay and still be a part of our phenomenal  attack,  lots of bollocks of us in for Kane or the lad Nunez costalot can’t think of his name 😂, but but but, we’re not gonna do that are we Jürgen, can’t see either leaving, really can’t, so we for me we soldier on, get the best from both and use the next 12 months looking at replacements, reality is we have 2 months or so to ensure all who were here last season are here in August, aside from those already left and those sold in the interim,

What we don’t end up with is both out the fookin door and us struggling with Jota & Diaz only, total disaster!!!

If there is one thing I have learned over the decades of reading red tops and the like, never take anything seriously, or take quotes as gospel unless it come from the horses gob, most is some made up bullshit designed for sales & profit purposes only, oh and always, always read between the lines !!

Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #89: Jun 08, 2022 04:58:59 pm

I must have missed something here because I’ve haven’t read nor seen any evidence  whatsoever that 1, Mane does indeed want to f**k off, and 2, does anyone know aside from those concerned ie; that both players have said what they apparently said, we’re talking red top sh*te wipes here battle for column inches and electronic click bait, both full of sh*t and have no real idea,

Salah’s situation should have been sorted by now, the fact that it hasn’t is a sure fire sign FSG are not at all enamoured by what he wants, ie; his age, how long the new contract is, and by how much money is involved, another dilemma is, if indeed Mo doesn’t commit then we need to firstly find a replacement and ship him out for as much as we can muster, asap,

If Mane goes we have Diaz to take over, but I’d rather he stay and still be a part of our phenomenal  attack,  lots of bollocks of us in for Kane or the lad Nunez costalot can’t think of his name 😂, but but but, we’re not gonna do that are we Jürgen, can’t see either leaving, really can’t, so we for me we soldier on, get the best from both and use the next 12 months looking at replacements, reality is we have 2 months or so to ensure all who were here last season are here in August, aside from those already left and those sold in the interim,

What we don’t end up with is both out the fookin door and us struggling with Jota & Diaz only, total disaster!!!

If there is one thing I have learned over the decades of reading red tops and the like, never take anything seriously, or take quotes as gospel unless it come from the horses gob, most is some made up bullshit designed for sales & profit purposes only, oh and always, always read between the lines !!

Yes mate. Mo needs to me shipped put ASAP as you say. The club needs to take control of the situation ... not following him like a lapdog in some forlorn hope he will sign. He ain't signing. He wants to have his cake and eat it. If sadio told the club he wants to go to a new challenge then at least he had been straight. Would explain the lack of any contract talks.

Sell salah ... buy nunez and use sadio on the right in his final year.

Mane Nunez Diaz with Bob Diogo and Taki also looks good to me.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #90: Jun 08, 2022 05:03:37 pm
      He wants to have his cake and eat it.

Sorry to pick this out... but always wondered....what else are you to do with cake? Isn't the whole point of having cake to eat it?  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #91: Jun 08, 2022 05:06:31 pm

As for Sadio's value... here's some context: rumour is Bayern is looking to get €50m for Lewandowski. He's 4 years older than Sadio and they both have one year remaining on their contract.
      Make of that what you will.

oh so you dont think they consult Jürgen over player valuations. He has spoken in negative terms about Bayern so yes he will enjoy sticking them for every penny

Quick Reply