Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Sadio Mane (Bayern Munich)

Read 19616 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Re: Sadio Mane (Bayern Munich)
      Reply #115: Jun 11, 2022 09:38:44 pm
      Lewandowski, gundogan (arguably), persic, ings (not sure about him, but he is scoring goals as a cf),

Sorry I should have said at LFC. Feel like he’s a step above what he was at dortmund.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #116: Jun 11, 2022 09:46:16 pm
      Then he gets to Sadio's age and, realising he's been mugged off for a few years, f*cks off to PSG or some other club prepared to double his wage, and we repeat   ;D

Mugged off? he's signing his deal under his own will and he and his agent aren't dumb fucks and are well aware of what other players make. No one is pulling the wool over Nunez's eyes and he isn't going to wake up one morning and realize "sh*t, i had no idea all these years players were making so much money".

Given his young age and still unproven at the top level it makes sense to not pay him on par with the highest earners on the team, but if he performs as expected, chances are somewhere in the second half of his contract he gets extended at higher wages like we've done with many others.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #117: Jun 11, 2022 11:01:58 pm
      Mugged off? he's signing his deal under his own will and he and his agent aren't dumb fucks and are well aware of what other players make. No one is pulling the wool over Nunez's eyes and he isn't going to wake up one morning and realize "sh*t, i had no idea all these years players were making so much money".

Given his young age and still unproven at the top level it makes sense to not pay him on par with the highest earners on the team, but if he performs as expected, chances are somewhere in the second half of his contract he gets extended at higher wages like we've done with many others.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea. Clearly if we sign players just before their profile goes stratospheric and tie them to long-term contracts before their real value peaks then we are able to save money on their wages during their peak years. Surely nobody thinks most of our top earners couldn't earn a good deal more elsewhere. It may possibly mean when they reach a certain age that they have a bit of a conundrum as to whether they should do a Gini but that's part and parcel of the approach taken by the current owners and you'd have to say by and large it has worked.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #118: Jun 12, 2022 12:51:29 am
      I'm not saying it's a bad idea. Clearly if we sign players just before their profile goes stratospheric and tie them to long-term contracts before their real value peaks then we are able to save money on their wages during their peak years. Surely nobody thinks most of our top earners couldn't earn a good deal more elsewhere. It may possibly mean when they reach a certain age that they have a bit of a conundrum as to whether they should do a Gini but that's part and parcel of the approach taken by the current owners and you'd have to say by and large it has worked.

The team is willing to sign players though their early/mid 30's, but there is a structure players must adhere to if they want to continue playing here. They'll get competitive wages and enjoy playing for a team like Liverpool and the best manager in the world but that means compromising and not getting the highest wages possible. Some accept that and re-sign, others don't and leave. Thiago, Alisson, Van Dijk and Hendo are examples of players with contracts running until they're 33yo and 34yo in Alisson's case. They (very) likely could have gotten more had they ran out their contracts and moved on but decided to compromise and stay. If i recall correctly Gini was offered a 3-year deal, which would have taken him to age 33. Based on what we've read about Salah, he too has been offered some sort of extension which likely would have also taken him to age 33+.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #119: Jun 12, 2022 04:37:03 pm
      The team is willing to sign players though their early/mid 30's, but there is a structure players must adhere to if they want to continue playing here. They'll get competitive wages and enjoy playing for a team like Liverpool and the best manager in the world but that means compromising and not getting the highest wages possible. Some accept that and re-sign, others don't and leave. Thiago, Alisson, Van Dijk and Hendo are examples of players with contracts running until they're 33yo and 34yo in Alisson's case. They (very) likely could have gotten more had they ran out their contracts and moved on but decided to compromise and stay. If i recall correctly Gini was offered a 3-year deal, which would have taken him to age 33. Based on what we've read about Salah, he too has been offered some sort of extension which likely would have also taken him to age 33+.

But it’s never enough greedy greedy people. Glad what has happened to Gini bit of karma
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #120: Jun 13, 2022 07:58:14 am
      But it’s never enough greedy greedy people. Glad what has happened to Gini bit of karma

I don’t get the issue you clearly have with our ‘Greedy’ players mate, whatever the players get is negotiated thru their agents, it is what it is, we are in fact quite lucky because those more avaricious could demand more, but they don’t, Mo for example knows his market worth and wants FSG to reflect that, but FSG value him differently and are not willing to go beyond their estimation, considering his age, and the length of contract on the table, Mo may  want 4 more years, but FSG only offer two,

You keep on about how footballer’s in general are greedy, but I don’t see you pontificating about our even ‘ Greedier’ MP’s, there the Cnuts taking the real Piss out of every single one of us, their on a basic salary of ÂŁ78,000pa and that’s before they can claim expenses for ‘Second’ homes, PA’s, Secretaries, pool cars, travel, food, hotels, new decor, landscaping, moat cleaning, i kid you not, stationary, etc etc etc….claims for a ‘second’ home where most have no chance of owning one, did you know also that those old cnuts in the House of Lords can claim ÂŁ300 a day expenses, yes, ÂŁ300 a day, ffs,  they only have to sign in, stay a hour or so then F**k off, they don’t even have to fall asleep on the benches, like they do, so stop having a pop at footballer’s greed, especially our own,

Keith, our resident Manc Cnut is spot on, a salary cap is the way forward, it will kind of level the playing field, no pun intended, I don’t know what the highest salary is in the EPL but whatever it is, it should be set at that, otherwise we should just all f***in pack it in, give all the titles & tin to the oligarchs like Shitty, Chavs and Newcastle cos they’ll be the only cnuts who can afford to compete !!!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #121: Jun 13, 2022 08:27:58 am

Spot on

I don’t get the issue you clearly have with our ‘Greedy’ players mate, whatever the players get is negotiated thru their agents, it is what it is, we are in fact quite lucky because those more avaricious could demand more, but they don’t, Mo for example knows his market worth and wants FSG to reflect that, but FSG value him differently and are not willing to go beyond their estimation, considering his age, and the length of contract on the table, Mo may  want 4 more years, but FSG only offer two,

You keep on about how footballer’s in general are greedy, but I don’t see you pontificating about our even ‘ Greedier’ MP’s, there the Cnuts taking the real Piss out of every single one of us, their on a basic salary of ÂŁ78,000pa and that’s before they can claim expenses for ‘Second’ homes, PA’s, Secretaries, pool cars, travel, food, hotels, new decor, landscaping, moat cleaning, i kid you not, stationary, etc etc etc….claims for a ‘second’ home where most have no chance of owning one, did you know also that those old cnuts in the House of Lords can claim ÂŁ300 a day expenses, yes, ÂŁ300 a day, ffs,  they only have to sign in, stay a hour or so then f**k off, they don’t even have to fall asleep on the benches, like they do, so stop having a pop at footballer’s greed, especially our own,

Keith, our resident Manc Cnut is spot on, a salary cap is the way forward, it will kind of level the playing field, no pun intended, I don’t know what the highest salary is in the EPL but whatever it is, it should be set at that, otherwise we should just all f***in pack it in, give all the titles & tin to the oligarchs like Shitty, Chavs and Newcastle cos they’ll be the only cnuts who can afford to compete !!!

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #122: Jun 13, 2022 02:23:41 pm

Reported for consistent  abuse of a manc cnut.  :f_tongueincheek:
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #123: Jun 13, 2022 02:43:20 pm
      Offering the opinion that footballers are in general a greedy lot, doesn't exclude the fairly obvious fact that other professions are equally greedy.
      I'm not sure Keith said footballers were in any way uniquely avaricious.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #124: Jun 13, 2022 03:25:39 pm
      Offering the opinion that footballers are in general a greedy lot, doesn't exclude the fairly obvious fact that other professions are equally greedy.
      I'm not sure Keith said footballers were in any way uniquely avaricious.

That's correct Longy, you only have to look at the new Liv Golf to see another set of greedy tw@ts. Annoyingly  they all stated it was for family reasons that they switched over to the Liv golf tour when we all know they meant more money, think i would of respected them more if they just admitted the truth instead of going round the houses with their comments.

Rory got it spot on a while back when he classed the Liv golf tour similar to the super league of football they tried to get off the ground last year.

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #125: Jun 13, 2022 04:15:38 pm
      That's correct Longy, you only have to look at the new Liv Golf to see another set of greedy tw@ts. Annoyingly  they all stated it was for family reasons that they switched over to the Liv golf tour when we all know they meant more money, think i would of respected them more if they just admitted the truth instead of going round the houses with their comments.

Rory got it spot on a while back when he classed the Liv golf tour similar to the super league of football they tried to get off the ground last year.
      Exactly...Key difference between LIV Golf and The proposed Super League, being the Super League wasn't funded by a murderous Nation State
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #126: Jun 13, 2022 04:55:41 pm
      Supposedly Bayern have pointed out to Liverpool that they let Thiago go for EUR 25M when we bought him as a reason for us letting Mane go for a lower fee, to which we replied that they asking EUR 50M for Lewa is a far better comparison.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,627 posts | 128 
      Reply #127: Jun 14, 2022 09:02:43 am
      Still not sure how Bayern will be a “challenge” for Sadio? He will be guaranteed to win 3 league titles with Bayern and the games for Bayern in the German league will be a bit like pre season games.

It is purely about the money and “status” to be the main player at the club. Think Sadio was sick of being the man second to Salah no matter how good he performed.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #128: Jun 14, 2022 03:52:27 pm
      Supposedly Bayern have pointed out to Liverpool that they let Thiago go for EUR 25M when we bought him as a reason for us letting Mane go for a lower fee, to which we replied that they asking EUR 50M for Lewa is a far better comparison.

Thiago had a very long injury history, why explained why we only paid 25M. Sadio is never injured...

(I kid you not, I just googled the words "injury history" and the first result was Thiago's page on transfermarkt. The second result? Daniel Sturridge's)  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #129: Jun 14, 2022 04:07:49 pm
      £30m bid, what are Bayern smoking? They’ve got to do much better than that.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #130: Jun 14, 2022 06:13:32 pm
      Hope we keep telling them to go away and come back when serious they want a world class striker for ÂŁ30mil .This should also be noted to anyone coming for Mo we will keep them rather than strengthen another club on th echeap.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #131: Jun 16, 2022 12:00:33 am
      Still can’t get over the fact he wants to leave, regardless of his reasoning.

Gonna miss him big time, he’s just a brute force of nature!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #132: Jun 16, 2022 08:26:57 am
      Still can’t get over the fact he wants to leave, regardless of his reasoning.

Gonna miss him big time, he’s just a brute force of nature!

Hopefully if/when you leave the forum you won’t be missed.  :f_whistle:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #133: Jun 16, 2022 02:34:33 pm
      Hopefully if/when you leave the forum you won’t be missed.  :f_whistle:

Need to stop talking about yourself like that Keith!!

You'll be for the high jump long before Aussie ever leaves :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #134: Jun 16, 2022 02:38:33 pm
      £30m bid, what are Bayern smoking? They’ve got to do much better than that.

The rumour is that we've asked for more closer to what they're receiving for Lewandowski. So more like ÂŁ50 million.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #135: Jun 17, 2022 12:07:21 am

The rumour is that we've asked for more closer to what they're receiving for Lewandowski. So more like ÂŁ50 million.

Good, F**k them all, everyone always try to low ball us. Get fu**ed you tight cu*ts!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #136: Jun 17, 2022 12:48:53 am
      Good, F**k them all, everyone always try to low ball us. Get fu**ed you tight cu*ts!
      Oh I don’t know we stiffed Barca 😉
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #137: Jun 17, 2022 01:50:07 am
      Oh I don’t know we stiffed Barca 😉

Hahahha F**k Barca them tight cu*ts.

Best 142 million pounds for a player, we have ever received.  :D

Quick Reply