Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Charity Shield

Read 3986 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Charity Shield
      Jun 01, 2022 12:05:32 pm
      Liverpool will face Manchester City in the annual season curtain-raiser between the winners of the Emirates FA Cup and Premier League respectively.

This year’s match is set to be played at Leicester City’s King Power Stadium on Saturday July 30, with kick-off at 5pm BST.

The switch of venue is due to the Women’s Euro 2022 final being held at Wembley on the same weekend.

Ticket information will be announced here on Liverpoolfc.com in due course.
      https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/community-shield-fixture-details-confirmed
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Charity Shield
      Reply #1: Jun 01, 2022 12:07:55 pm
      ha ha you couldnt make it up. Do these football Authorities have departments designed to F**k things up.
      SPurs Stadium or Old Trafford or even Villa Park are much bigger better Stadiums.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #2: Jun 01, 2022 01:14:41 pm
      ha ha you couldnt make it up. Do these football Authorities have departments designed to f**k things up.
      SPurs Stadium or Old Trafford or even Villa Park are much bigger better Stadiums.

Walt, I lost faith with our FA, UEFA and FIFA a long time ago. Like you said they all must employ clowns to make decisions like they do.  :mad:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3: Jun 01, 2022 02:06:23 pm
      As Noted, surely tae fuk, old strattford would have been ideal ?
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #4: Jun 01, 2022 02:22:50 pm
      Way to make a game of football look even less important.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #5: Jun 01, 2022 03:14:58 pm
      Joke of a decision to play at Leicester. Lost out on 50k+ seats
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #6: Jun 01, 2022 05:09:47 pm
      Two things, Leicester won't know what's hit it. (I really hope the police are not dickheads)
      and I'm waiting for Network Rail to suddenly plan some essential works.

I driven to Leicester before a few times, and it's a shitty road.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7: Jun 01, 2022 05:11:23 pm
      Walt, I lost faith with our FA, UEFA and FIFA a long time ago. Like you said they all must employ clowns to make decisions like they do.  :mad:

why dont the Clubs kick up a fuss today not when its too late. Why are ordinary people now cannon fodder 34,000 people have had their holidays cancelled just WTF is going on LFC should refuse to play the game on safety grounds.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #8: Jun 01, 2022 05:45:22 pm
      Wankers the lot of them
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #9: Jun 01, 2022 05:47:32 pm
      Just how many buffoons can you get in one organisation, must have been a special kind of idiot who thought this one up .
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #10: Jun 01, 2022 07:09:16 pm
      F***ing Leicester??!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #11: Jun 01, 2022 07:33:57 pm
      Do the never learn
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #12: Jun 01, 2022 08:15:56 pm
      Is there going to be 90 thousand at Wembley to watch the Women's Euros or whatever it is? It's like moving a heavyweight title fightto make room for a chess match. Well, not quite. Charity Shield is a glorified friendly, but lots of people still want to see it. And I like chess.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #13: Jun 01, 2022 08:26:34 pm
      Is there going to be 90 thousand at Wembley to watch the Women's Euros or whatever it is? It's like moving a heavyweight title fightto make room for a chess match. Well, not quite. Charity Shield is a glorified friendly, but lots of people still want to see it. And I like chess.

The bit in bold is the way I see it as well. I know there's a trophy at the end, but is it really worth anything?

I can't agree with the rest of your post. Are you seriously suggesting a 'glorified friendly' should take precedence over the final of the Women’s Euro 2022?
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #14: Jun 01, 2022 08:33:29 pm
      The bit in bold is the way I see it as well. I know there's a trophy at the end, but is it really worth anything?

I can't agree with the rest of your post. Are you seriously suggesting a 'glorified friendly' should take precedence over the final of the Women’s Euro 2022?

In terms of how many people want to watch, yes.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #15: Jun 01, 2022 09:19:53 pm

I think I Agree that the community shield will probably have more spectators and tv viewers than the women’s final.
      But then most Liverpool friendlies will have more attention than the women’s final.

But I do think the women’s final has to take priority at Wembley.

That being said didn’t they manage to get league two and championship play off finals at Wembley in consecutive days?

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #16: Jun 01, 2022 09:23:26 pm
      32,312 is the capacity of the Kingpower, now considering that this is a charity event I’m assuming most of that 32,000 will be taken up by the corporate lot donating blow jobs on the day and the prize giving on the night, the football is simply just a side show, something for patrons to muse over while they munch on their prawn cocktails while awaiting the second  course of Stag in a basket & chips, so how many tickets are allocated for each clubs fans, well, Wembley holds 90,000, however there is some vitally important women’s game on  :f_whistle:, where it’s unlikely the entire bottom row will be full,

So why the F**k Kingpower and not say Villa Park, which is bigger, why not Spuds, or Cardiff, can understand the reasons why not OT, 1, it’s a Shithole, 2, it’s a shithole that will probably become a worse shithole once Citeh fans and a few mad Reds are done with it, 3, it’s a shithole, full of shitheads, Shithousery, and a completely sh*te football team,

Absolutely no doubting the fans being ‘fu**ed’ over again by the governing body, the FA, which colloquially means ‘F**k ALL’ is exactly  what the FA do for fans, F**k ALL, so what I propose is that both sets of fans get together and set up a ‘No Show’ protest, nobody from either side buy tickets, or simply just don’t go, because if that’s all they can come up with, if that’s all they care about fans then we may as well not bother, mass walk outs, or just protesting with appropriate banners ain’t gonna make the slightest difference, they’ll still F**k fans over, time and time again & again & again, unless the fans themselves act, F**k all will change,

the Clubs can’t do a awful lot, voice their concerns sure, and write a nice letter with a nice letter heading and grammar but as usual it won’t mean sh*t and will end up in a shredder in some Soho Sq office,
      their big White Elephant is deemed no longer appropriate to hold a game between the best two teams in Engurland, it matters not a jot if it’s for charity or it’s a CL final, neither will want to lose this fixture, it’s about putting a marker down for the imminent season, obviously those at the FA don’t see that and are treating this and both sets of fans with contempt as well as the so called ’Charity’ and those who support it.

It’s a Absolute disgrace, it really is, the ‘Not Show’ is the only way to piss them off, to get back at them, dunno if SoS have much sway but May be them and Citeh equivalent, dunno, is the Kippax stand or whatever something like that , can exchange a few emails and get the ball rolling!!

Y  N  W  A

UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #17: Jun 01, 2022 09:34:54 pm
      32,312 is the capacity of the Kingpower, now considering that this is a charity event I’m assuming most of that 32,000 will be taken up by the corporate lot donating blow jobs on the day and the prize giving on the night, the football is simply just a side show, something for patrons to muse over while they munch on their prawn cocktails while awaiting the second  course of Stag in a basket & chips, so how many tickets are allocated for each clubs fans, well, Wembley holds 90,000, however there is some vitally important women’s game on  :f_whistle:, where it’s unlikely the entire bottom row will be full,

So why the f**k Kingpower and not say Villa Park, which is bigger, why not Spuds, or Cardiff, can understand the reasons why not OT, 1, it’s a Shithole, 2, it’s a shithole that will probably become a worse shithole once Citeh fans and a few mad Reds are done with it, 3, it’s a shithole, full of shitheads, Shithousery, and a completely sh*te football team,

Absolutely no doubting the fans being ‘F**ked’ over again by the governing body, the FA, which colloquially means ‘F**k ALL’ is exactly  what the FA do for fans, F**k ALL, so what I propose is that both sets of fans get together and set up a ‘No Show’ protest, nobody from either side buy tickets, or simply just don’t go, because if that’s all they can come up with, if that’s all they care about fans then we may as well not bother, mass walk outs, or just protesting with appropriate banners ain’t gonna make the slightest difference, they’ll still f**k fans over, time and time again & again & again, unless the fans themselves act, f**k all will change,

the Clubs can’t do a awful lot, voice their concerns sure, and write a nice letter with a nice letter heading and grammar but as usual it won’t mean sh*t and will end up in a shredder in some Soho Sq office,
      their big White Elephant is deemed no longer appropriate to hold a game between the best two teams in Engurland, it matters not a jot if it’s for charity or it’s a CL final, neither will want to lose this fixture, it’s about putting a marker down for the imminent season, obviously those at the FA don’t see that and are treating this and both sets of fans with contempt as well as the so called ’Charity’ and those who support it.

It’s a Absolute disgrace, it really is, the ‘Not Show’ is the only way to piss them off, to get back at them, dunno if SoS have much sway but May be them and Citeh equivalent, dunno, is the Kippax stand or whatever something like that , can exchange a few emails and get the ball rolling!!

Y  N  W  A

Tbf getting to London can be a right pain. Especially if strikes or delays or holiday traffic.
      I’m guessing the FA asked clubs if they could use their stadium but most probably said no?

But before then, we play Manchester United in a friendly in Singapore (I think). Bet more than 33,000 attend that one...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #18: Jun 01, 2022 11:03:03 pm
      Leicester?! What shithole of a hat did they pick that out of?! Thought matches were usually at Cardiff if it wasn't Wembley.

In terms of the match itself. Ultimately it's a pointless friendly match with a poxy shield, but it is however a chance to get one over on City before the season has started which is good enough for me.
      Stevie G the legend
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts | 15 
      Reply #19: Jun 02, 2022 12:32:32 am

Absolutely spot on. How many people will watch women's Euro final?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #20: Jun 02, 2022 01:37:06 pm

I think you both have a point. I can see why they give preference to the womens  final. However, the glorified friendly will attract significantly more than them. Leicester is a strange place when you have the likes of Old Trafford and even Villa as viable options.

Also when you consider the standard of football you’ll get with City/Liverpool compared to a non league game it’s a bit surprising. 
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #21: Jun 02, 2022 01:49:55 pm
      Absolutely bizarre this.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #22: Jun 02, 2022 07:38:14 pm
      That being said didn’t they manage to get league two and championship play off finals at Wembley in consecutive days?

FA cup semi finals were on consecutive days so they can't use that as an issue, unless it's some sort of daft uefa rule?

Possibly didn't want the embarrassment of city using flags to cover up even more of their section than in the semi

Quick Reply