Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Darwin Nunez - Benfica

Read 27710 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,329 posts | 6383 
      Re: Darwin Nunez - Benfica
      Reply #184: Jun 12, 2022 01:22:35 pm
      [Joyce] Darwin Nunez deal: £64m initial fee (75m euros), add-ons of £12.8m on appearances and £8.5m on team success. Liverpool preparing medical tomorrow in expectation everything finalised today. Nunez currently in Madrid and would sign a six year deal.

Also saying medical tomorrow.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1629 
      Reply #185: Jun 12, 2022 01:33:04 pm
      No drugs mate but I was brahms and list 😉
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1629 
      Reply #186: Jun 12, 2022 01:36:47 pm
      All we can hope for is to get our business done early get the players gone who don’t want to be here and that’s any one of them , get the squad ready for pre season , and let’s get it on .
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 862 
      Reply #187: Jun 12, 2022 01:55:25 pm
      All we can hope for is to get our business done early get the players gone who don’t want to be here and that’s any one of them , get the squad ready for pre season , and let’s get it on .
      Now that the deal for Nunez is seemingly over the line, I expect to see negotiations with Bayern (for Sadio) pick up speed. I think we wanted to find a replacement forward before selling Sadio which is the smart thing to do. This way, we avoid being pressed by time and most importantly we avoid other clubs trying to skin us for whatever money we get for Sadio. I believe Benfica would've no doubt added an extra 20 or 30 million to their asking price if we had sold Sadio to Bayern before starting negotiating with them.   

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,648 posts | 3918 
      Reply #188: Jun 12, 2022 02:04:20 pm
      This confirms Sadio is off. I will genuinely shed lots of tears seeing one of the best ever Liverpool players in another shirt.

However, Nunez, Jota, Salah, Diaz and Firmino sounds bloody awesome (and Taki).
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,329 posts | 6383 
      Reply #189: Jun 12, 2022 02:20:38 pm
      This confirms Sadio is off. I will genuinely shed lots of tears seeing one of the best ever Liverpool players in another shirt.

Taki likely gone as well to fund the Nunez signing.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #190: Jun 12, 2022 02:21:41 pm

I hope taki stays ... but with firmino and salah being able to sign pre-contract abroad from Jan 1st there will be more surgery this time next year. Hopefully at least one top drawer inside right forward and another central player are lined up.
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #191: Jun 12, 2022 02:30:58 pm
      Taki’s likely gone. He knows his playing time is basically down to domestic cups and he’s entering his prime years. Not sure if a replacement would be brought in for that 6th spot or if it’s already here (Elliott, Carvalho, Gordon)
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,869 posts | 413 
      Reply #192: Jun 12, 2022 02:43:25 pm
      I like it and I like the Scottish youngster at right back for 5 million.

Right back cover and a player down the middle of 2 inverted forwards was basically priority.

Would like to see some midfielders arrive now.

6 year deal though, that is as concrete as it can get for the club and player.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 862 
      Reply #193: Jun 12, 2022 02:43:31 pm
      Taki likely gone as well to fund the Nunez signing.
      I can live with us promoting Gordon to that 6th spot in the forwards department (even tho I'm not sure if the amount of game time he will be getting is necessarily the best for his development). We also have to consider Carvalho and Eliott as potential forwards. I can see Carvalho being used on that LW (and RW) and Eliott on that RW. Not all the time, but surely they will see game time in those positions.

I also think we might see that 4-2-3-1 we saw towards the end of very tight games (towards the end of the season) being used more often and maybe even as a game starting formation. Carvalho can slot into that AM role, Bobby and Salah too. Nunez, Salah and Jota can all effectively  slot into that ST role.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #194: Jun 12, 2022 03:30:43 pm
      85m over 6 years is basically 40k a day.
      Bargain.

Good that we are doing our business early though.

UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #195: Jun 12, 2022 03:32:26 pm
      I can live with us promoting Gordon to that 6th spot in the forwards department (even tho I'm not sure if the amount of game time he will be getting is necessarily the best for his development). We also have to consider Carvalho and Eliott as potential forwards. I can see Carvalho being used on that LW (and RW) and Eliott on that RW. Not all the time, but surely they will see game time in those positions.

I also think we might see that 4-2-3-1 we saw towards the end of very tight games (towards the end of the season) being used more often and maybe even as a game starting formation. Carvalho can slot into that AM role, Bobby and Salah too. Nunez, Salah and Jota can all effectively  slot into that ST role.

We have 6 even without Gordon.
      Salah
      Bobby
      Jota
      Diaz
      Nunez
      Carvalho

That’s 5 top players and a kid with potential. I’m hoping to see Gordon get some more cup minutes.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,231 posts | 919 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #196: Jun 12, 2022 04:34:44 pm
      When people are having to choose between heating and eating this is shocking the amount spent, and for all that not one once of loyalty
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #197: Jun 12, 2022 05:04:34 pm
      When people are having to choose between heating and eating this is shocking the amount spent, and for all that not one once of loyalty

Same goes for any sports star/actor/celebrity.

And this obscene money problem has been around long before Ukraine and fuel increases. Long before covid. Long before Iraq.

How many third world countries are ruled by a rich bloke in a palace?

Football is an entertainment and entertainment should be an escapism.

If it gets to the point where folk have to choose before eating or heating then it should be sky sporty/Netflix/massive phone contract that goes first.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,694 posts | 3713 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #198: Jun 12, 2022 05:26:37 pm
      Even BBC is saying it, so it is close :)
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #199: Jun 12, 2022 06:16:01 pm
      Joyce claiming all done 65m plus potential 20m in additional around team success and individual apps

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1535955076312866817
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #200: Jun 12, 2022 06:19:21 pm

Yes we cannot keep everybody forever. Someone of high value comes in, another one of high value leaves, unless we're an oil club.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #201: Jun 12, 2022 06:24:56 pm
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,288 posts | 763 
      Reply #202: Jun 12, 2022 06:53:13 pm
      Same goes for any sports star/actor/celebrity.

And this obscene money problem has been around long before Ukraine and fuel increases. Long before covid. Long before Iraq.

How many third world countries are ruled by a rich bloke in a palace?

Football is an entertainment and entertainment should be an escapism.

If it gets to the point where folk have to choose before eating or heating then it should be sky sporty/Netflix/massive phone contract that goes first.
      No one in this country(or anywhere else for that matter) should have to make a choice between eating and heating, regardless of how they/we choose to be entertained.
      If this Government hangs around much longer...We'll be a Third World Country with a Woman in a palace!
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,288 posts | 763 
      Reply #203: Jun 12, 2022 06:55:22 pm
      Yes we cannot keep everybody forever. Someone of high value comes in, another one of high value leaves, unless we're an oil club.
      Keegan left...Kenny came in....Football teams are always evolving
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,988 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #204: Jun 12, 2022 06:55:33 pm
      85m over 6 years is basically 40k a day.
      Bargain.

People don't earn that in two years of wages and you think its a bargain.   :lmao:

Insane Bob, absolutely insane amount of money a day  :f_doh:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #205: Jun 12, 2022 07:01:43 pm
      People don't earn that in two years of wages and you think its a bargain.   :lmao:

Insane Bob, absolutely insane amount of money a day  :f_doh:

The money lashed around by your crew is mad Keith, moreso considering their position in the league.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,988 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #206: Jun 12, 2022 07:19:01 pm
      The money lashed around by your crew is mad Keith, moreso considering their position in the league.

The money splashed about as a whole is madness stuey.  :f_steam: Cap the fcuking lot of the greedy b@stards.

Quick Reply