Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Darwin Nunez - Benfica

Read 26716 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Re: Darwin Nunez - Benfica
      Reply #1: Jun 08, 2022 09:25:47 am
      This will be a no unless we can knock 30m off that asking price.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #2: Jun 08, 2022 09:30:42 am
      This will be a no unless we can knock 30m off that asking price.

Im with you. Although I will admit that I have only seen him play against us and don't really watch Portugese league. His stats are really good but that's alot of money.

We could probably get somebody else for that money. Like saka? Fati or pedri?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3: Jun 08, 2022 09:33:25 am
      Im with you. Although I will admit that I have only seen him play against us and don't really watch Portugese league. His stats are really good but that's alot of money.

Pedri and Fati have a 1billion release clause in recently new contracts, they're going absolutely nowhere. Would take Nunez over Saka too.

The way Nunez was ripping us apart and causing us a world of problems, you have to be some player to not only do it once, but then again in the 2nd game.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4: Jun 08, 2022 09:40:29 am
      I've only seen him in the games against us and on that alone he does look like the exact type of player we should be going for.

The club will have scouted him a lot so I'd be happy with this one.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5: Jun 08, 2022 09:54:10 am
      The lad also on United's radar so will be interesting how it pans out. He did have a couple on knee injuries as a teenager though which is of slight concern.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #6: Jun 08, 2022 10:06:56 am

I'm not sure about other targets at that price. I just don't think we will be spending £85m on anybody this summer, more likely to be two players in the 40-50m bracket and get some of it back from the likes of Mane and Ox leaving.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #7: Jun 08, 2022 10:07:19 am
      The lad also on United's radar so will be interesting how it pans out. He did have a couple on knee injuries as a teenager though which is of slight concern.

If he's after just money then he'd opt for United, if he wants to be challenging for silverware then he'd choose us.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #8: Jun 08, 2022 10:13:02 am
      If he's after just money then he'd opt for United, if he wants to be challenging for silverware then he'd choose us.

Yet we all know majority of footballers are greedy tw@ts these days so can't see it being the latter.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #9: Jun 08, 2022 10:16:25 am
      For me his physicality gives him the nod over Saka.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #10: Jun 08, 2022 10:20:51 am
      Yet we all know majority of footballers are greedy tw@ts these days so can't see it being the latter.
      True...Avarice though sadly not exclusive to the domain of the professional footballer.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #11: Jun 08, 2022 10:23:33 am
      True...Avarice though sadly not exclusive to the domain of the professional footballer.

Which is also true.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #12: Jun 08, 2022 11:11:41 am
      Well…

[James Pearce] £85m is a massive fee but he’s only 22 and it would be a long-term investment. Plus #LFC should be able to generate a big chunk of that from sales - Mane, Phillips, N Williams, Oxlade etc.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #13: Jun 08, 2022 11:15:34 am
      Well…

[James Pearce] £85m is a massive fee but he’s only 22 and it would be a long-term investment. Plus #LFC should be able to generate a big chunk of that from sales - Mane, Phillips, N Williams, Oxlade etc.

Expect this to be wrapped up quickly now, he doesn't post sh*te.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #14: Jun 08, 2022 11:32:47 am
      We are not signing him at that price, even with addons.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #15: Jun 08, 2022 11:46:02 am
      Expect this to be wrapped up quickly now, he doesn't post sh*te.

Yes he does!! James Pearce isn't remotely reliable and spouts sh*te most of the time. He was going on and on about how we weren't interested in Thiago, weren't going after Ox, had no idea about Fabinho etc etc. Literally all Pearce does is jump on other sources as soon as some news breaks. He's a tool who pretends he has insight to what's going on but in reality, he hasn't got a clue. The club wont leak any information to him, all of our signings these days, the leaks and reports generally come from foreign sources; Fabrizio Romano, Christian Falk etc because the teams we are dealing with leak information to them.

The only ones worth paying any attention to over here are Reddy and Joyce but even they are 2nd hand from the foreign sources.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #16: Jun 08, 2022 11:59:42 am
      Been saying it for weeks

Let mane go and bring in this guy

He destroyed us when we played

Looking to the future
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #17: Jun 08, 2022 12:31:10 pm
      I've seen Darwin play quite a few times for Benfica, and from the very start I liked him but was a bit wary - his talent is very raw, you can see he has the physical ability and work rate to do wonders, but I thought in his first season that technical ability often let him down, and he just didn't score enough.

That changed this last season though - he scored about a goal per game in the Portuguese league and obviously also did well in the Champions League, scoring against not just us but other big clubs before. So he seems to have turned a corner, and become a lot more consistent. On paper, it makes a lot of sense. It will come down to what other players we could potentially get given the price.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #18: Jun 08, 2022 01:29:38 pm
      Yes he does!! James Pearce isn't remotely reliable and spouts sh*te most of the time. He was going on and on about how we weren't interested in Thiago, weren't going after Ox, had no idea about Fabinho etc etc. Literally all Pearce does is jump on other sources as soon as some news breaks. He's a tool who pretends he has insight to what's going on but in reality, he hasn't got a clue. The club wont leak any information to him, all of our signings these days, the leaks and reports generally come from foreign sources; Fabrizio Romano, Christian Falk etc because the teams we are dealing with leak information to them.

The only ones worth paying any attention to over here are Reddy and Joyce but even they are 2nd hand from the foreign sources.

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1534445698057371649?s=20&t=siExsbEcJXohxjYVyfiK3w

https://twitter.com/jac_talbot/status/1534497516657467392?s=20&t=siExsbEcJXohxjYVyfiK3w
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #19: Jun 08, 2022 01:34:50 pm
      I really want him because he a proper striker.

Come on Reds
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #20: Jun 08, 2022 01:51:42 pm
      Only know him from playing against us but liked what i saw. If the team thinks he's the right player to buy i'm all in.

Still feel he's too unproven for that asking price so i expect it to come down significantly.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #21: Jun 08, 2022 01:52:37 pm

Joyce and Reddy get their news from the club so if they are reporting it, you can bet either the club are using it for leverage or the interest is genuine.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #22: Jun 08, 2022 01:54:09 pm
      Only know him from playing against us but liked what i saw. If the team thinks he's the right player to buy i'm all in.

Still too unproven for that asking price so i expect it to come down significantly.

I would guess if we are going to "overpay" it will end up being because we have significant outgoings to cover it. Mane, Taki, Phillips, Williams.... if they all go that's probably close to the amount we would pay for Nunez.

Quick Reply