Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Darwin Nunez - Benfica

Read 26736 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: Darwin Nunez - Benfica
      Reply #23: Jun 08, 2022 02:08:30 pm
      I would guess if we are going to "overpay" it will end up being because we have significant outgoings to cover it. Mane, Taki, Phillips, Williams.... if they all go that's probably close to the amount we would pay for Nunez.

I don't see the team overpaying their valuation just because they can. They likely have a valuation on him and will try to negotiate down to that price.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #24: Jun 08, 2022 02:15:25 pm
      I don't see the team overpaying their valuation just because they can. They likely have a valuation on him and will try to negotiate down to that price.

I don't think they will overpay just to overpay, but if Klopp really wants this kid I think they will do what it takes to get him and if they can justify overpaying a bit because he's A) young and B) they can cover most of the fee with outgoings (like Virgil) then I can see them doing it.

If the price becomes something truly ridiculous (90, 100, 110) then no, we'll bow out.

It's kind of like trading in a car. I wouldn't pay full price for a new Range Rover, but if I had a Suburban that I could make up half the price with on trade, I wouldn't feel so bad about buying the RR if I really wanted it. To me, that's justification.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #25: Jun 08, 2022 02:29:28 pm
      Pedri and Fati have a 1billion release clause in recently new contracts, they're going absolutely nowhere. Would take Nunez over Saka too.

The way Nunez was ripping us apart and causing us a world of problems, you have to be some player to not only do it once, but then again in the 2nd game.

I didnt know about their release causes but i still have a feeling that Barca would let one of them go for under 85m. Probably Fati. Im a huge fan of both of them. Fati have struggled bit with injuries so he havent shined as much as Pedri, but whenever Fati plays. He is a joy to watch. Like when Thiago plays he will stand out, because of how he plays the game. Its the same with Fati. If it was up to me, i would have tried signing him. Wishful thinking from my part i guess.

On Nunez, had good games against us. Im not too worried about who we sign anymore, cuz JK and the team know what they are doing :D
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #26: Jun 08, 2022 04:03:53 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #27: Jun 08, 2022 04:28:34 pm

About 68m pounds? That's actually a lot more reasonable than some of the earlier numbers I heard getting thrown around (80m pounds).
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #28: Jun 08, 2022 04:33:28 pm
      Seems to be gathering pace this one.  Some saying personal terms agreed and for Mane just a case of agreeing fee. Seems a lot of money but will be subsidised  by outgoings
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #29: Jun 08, 2022 04:37:37 pm
      If this deal gets done its great for the club and JĂŒrgen obviously wants him.

I'd be lying if I said I'd seen alot of him but what I have seen I've been really impressed.

If Sadio sadly does leave plus divock and we add nunez and Diaz then I think we've done well.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #30: Jun 08, 2022 04:55:53 pm
      In not very long we'll have 3 big stars to replace, so we shouldn't just pay whatever it takes on the first big name that comes up. Our scouting recently has shown an ability to find undervalued talent (not cheap - Jota wasn't cheap, for instance - but undervalued) and Nunez wouldn't be exactly that - he's coming off the back of a career-best season and would cost a lot of money; like proven talent kind of money. I wonder if Edwards leaving means a change in approach in our forwards scouting or if the club simply believe he's such a good to fit we have to go and get him. In any case, it wouldn't shock me if we looked elsewhere unless Benfica decides to play ball in negotiations
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #31: Jun 08, 2022 04:56:39 pm
      Seems to be gathering pace this one.  Some saying personal terms agreed and for Mane just a case of agreeing fee. Seems a lot of money but will be subsidised  by outgoings

Not gonna lie, I don't know enough about this kid to get super excited about him unlike the Virgil transfer, but I'd imagine if we are making this kind of push, Klopp sees something he likes. His highlights look good, but that's the whole point isn't it??? Andy Carroll looked like a beast too ;D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #32: Jun 08, 2022 05:01:03 pm
      I would be quite excited but still a bit wary. I don't like the idea of overreacting because a player did well against us - we tried that so many times and rarely with much success! Don't think that's the LFC of today though, I trust Klopp and the recruitment team to get this right, they've earned our trust over the past few years, that much is true. That said, I still think he's a bit of a raw monster and will take some work. Not the kind of player I would expect to pay club record money for. But at the end of the day, any signing excites me these days, I don't even remember the last time we had a flop.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #33: Jun 08, 2022 05:02:58 pm
      Andy Carroll looked like a beast too ;D

Andy who? Can't remember anyone by that name... (some level of ptsd might be involved here  ;))
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,611 posts | 365 
      Reply #34: Jun 08, 2022 05:05:20 pm
      A huge statement if we pull the trigger. He impressed me in our games against them in the CL but annoyed me with his theatrics also.

Would be interesting too see how he would evolve here...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #36: Jun 08, 2022 05:19:19 pm
      Looks like it'll be done soon.

Surprised we've gone in so high, hopefully leaves enough for our other targets.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #37: Jun 08, 2022 05:27:41 pm
      About 68m pounds? That's actually a lot more reasonable than some of the earlier numbers I heard getting thrown around (80m pounds).

Over ÂŁ80m with add ons.

In any case, if he helps us winning trophies then money well spent, only watched him 2 times but if were prepared to pay that amount he's got to be good.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #38: Jun 08, 2022 05:30:18 pm
      I would be quite excited but still a bit wary. I don't like the idea of overreacting because a player did well against us - we tried that so many times and rarely with much success! Don't think that's the LFC of today though, I trust Klopp and the recruitment team to get this right, they've earned our trust over the past few years, that much is true. That said, I still think he's a bit of a raw monster and will take some work. Not the kind of player I would expect to pay club record money for. But at the end of the day, any signing excites me these days, I don't even remember the last time we had a flop.
      We brought some centre back in from Preston about 18 months ago...he didn't get in a match day squad
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #39: Jun 08, 2022 05:32:15 pm
      Over ÂŁ80m with add ons.

In any case, if he helps us winning trophies then money well spent, only watched him 2 times but if were prepared to pay that amount he's got to be good.
      You've heard it a million times..." In Klopp we trust"
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #40: Jun 08, 2022 05:36:40 pm
      I would be quite excited but still a bit wary. I don't like the idea of overreacting because a player did well against us - we tried that so many times and rarely with much success!

Under this managment group Minamino would be the categorized under that type of transfer. He helped us win two cups and looks like we are going to turn a profit on him so I would say it was a successful purchase.

As far as Nunez, can't say I am not excited though there will be big pressure on him to produce but have to trust Klopp and company that it is worth it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #41: Jun 08, 2022 05:37:26 pm
      @SLBenfica has already received the proposal of @LFC by Darwin NĂșñez. 💰 Business of 100 million euros: 80 million fixed + 20 million in objectives. ✍🏼 @Darwinn99 will sign a 5-year contract with Liverpool. {Pedro SepĂșlveda}
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #42: Jun 08, 2022 05:38:56 pm
      80mill is a LOT.
      Looked a very good finisher though.
      If we sell Mane and a few others should take a edge off.
      Can't see us doing anymore business in defense then the lad from Aberdeen.  And have Carvahlo already.
      Would like a CM to come in, but the MOST important thing is to properly replace Mane.
      Not sure yet what Mo's at.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #43: Jun 08, 2022 05:41:33 pm
      So here's a thought...maybe we aren't going to be making a big midfielder splash this year, this signing will be our splash and they will be eyeing up a deal for Bellingham next summer when it's likely Dortmund will be more apt to let him walk. Because even if we recoup a good bit of this signing with player outgoings....I can't imagine we'd also be in for a big midfielder signing as well. So either someone cheaper and under the radar, or wait to for Hey Jude.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #44: Jun 08, 2022 05:49:01 pm
      So here's a thought...maybe we aren't going to be making a big midfielder splash this year, this signing will be our splash and they will be eyeing up a deal for Bellingham next summer when it's likely Dortmund will be more apt to let him walk. Because even if we recoup a good bit of this signing with player outgoings....I can't imagine we'd also be in for a big midfielder signing as well. So either someone cheaper and under the radar, or wait to for Hey Jude.

You’re probably right but, we could maybe do with a year like 2018(?) when we signed Virgil, Ali, Fab, Shaq and had Keita arrive within the space of 6 months and obviously came very close to adding Fekir to that list too.
      Maybe Diaz, Carvalho and Nunez will be followed by an additional midfielder and following the same sort of mould. Massive changes aren’t needed, but some areas do/did obviously need addressing.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,627 posts | 128 
      Reply #45: Jun 08, 2022 05:54:39 pm
      Not really excited about Nunez to be honest. He is very young and had like one good season and now want to pay 80+20 Mio for him? If that happens we better shut up about City and their transfer fees.

Don’t know signing a tall player for a big fee always brings make the Andy Carroll memories

Quick Reply