Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Darwin Nunez - Benfica

Read 27589 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,209 posts | 1213 
      Re: Darwin Nunez - Benfica
      Reply #161: Jun 11, 2022 06:14:17 pm

Says the clubs are £8m apart on the fee and that we want add ons linked to achievement not appearances.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #162: Jun 11, 2022 06:17:42 pm
      Says the clubs are £8m apart on the fee and that we want add ons linked to achievement not appearances.

You'd think though if he's out there it must be close and they must think they can close the deal.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,371 posts | 1029 
      Reply #163: Jun 11, 2022 06:18:33 pm
      Don’t mind us being stingy here, think they’re just trying to squeeze every penny out of us and need to realise that we will walk away if the price is not right. It’s not about the money because it’s not coming out of my pocket, but just like the way the club go about their business and don’t get taken advantage of.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #164: Jun 11, 2022 06:21:35 pm
      Got a funny feeling over thiis  it’s unusual for it to be all over the media  before it’s done we’ve had this in the past and it’s got a habit of going   tits up
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #165: Jun 11, 2022 07:16:18 pm
      Got a funny feeling over thiis  it’s unusual for it to be all over the media  before it’s done we’ve had this in the past and it’s got a habit of going   tits up

I’m the same. I’d be happy if he came but I’m a little weary of spending so much on someone who’s only had one good season really.

If it does fall through I reckon it would have been a planned smoke screen whilst we sign our real target....
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,209 posts | 1213 
      Reply #166: Jun 11, 2022 07:20:00 pm
      You'd think though if he's out there it must be close and they must think they can close the deal.

I'd be surprised if at this stage it doesn't go through. If it was Rick Parry doing the negotiations I'd be concerned... Simao on the runway. Another Benfica player incidentally.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,209 posts | 1213 
      Reply #167: Jun 11, 2022 07:24:45 pm
      I’m the same. I’d be happy if he came but I’m a little weary of spending so much on someone who’s only had one good season really.

If it does fall through I reckon it would have been a planned smoke screen whilst we sign our real target....

It's Martinelli mate. Klopp loves him. Wait for the announcement.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6377 
      Reply #168: Jun 11, 2022 08:01:53 pm
      Anyone that thinks this isn’t happening is on drugs. Unless he fails a medical this kid is a Liverpool player. The leaks have all been from Portugal, but the fact that Joyce is reporting it means it’s a go. Supposedly medical is booked for Monday. I don’t think we will budge on the structure of the deal but Benfica will because he’s basically chosen us and doesn’t want to go anywhere else. Don’t think it means we won’t spend some more, in fact could be that any other targets we may have are being done on the down low while this one takes the headlines.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6377 
      Reply #169: Jun 12, 2022 02:28:50 am
      Chatter that it could be a 6 year deal.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #170: Jun 12, 2022 02:48:48 am
      Anyone that thinks this isn’t happening is on drugs. Unless he fails a medical this kid is a Liverpool player. The leaks have all been from Portugal, but the fact that Joyce is reporting it means it’s a go. Supposedly medical is booked for Monday. I don’t think we will budge on the structure of the deal but Benfica will because he’s basically chosen us and doesn’t want to go anywhere else. Don’t think it means we won’t spend some more, in fact could be that any other targets we may have are being done on the down low while this one takes the headlines.
      Nabil feckir was over the line that went tits up not over till he’s holding the scarf my friend
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #171: Jun 12, 2022 07:25:28 am
      Nabil feckir was over the line that went tits up not over till he’s holding the scarf my friend

You must be on drugs Andy  :f_tongueincheek:  :lmao:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 2817 
      Reply #172: Jun 12, 2022 09:23:45 am
      Definitely strange that this one is playing out in the public eye with all the Joyce updates etc. Bit out of keeping with how we’ve done our recent business.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,371 posts | 1029 
      Reply #173: Jun 12, 2022 09:53:49 am
      Definitely strange that this one is playing out in the public eye with all the Joyce updates etc. Bit out of keeping with how we’ve done our recent business.
      Not like all our signings are out of nowhere like Jota/Fabinho etc. Thiago and Carvahlo both spring to mind as being deals that were dragged out a little.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #174: Jun 12, 2022 09:56:34 am

No real urgency at the minute mate, no games coming up and the player wants to come to Anfield.

Only possible snag is his club haggling the fee or a fitness issue, the former is the most plausible.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,181 posts | 832 
      Reply #175: Jun 12, 2022 10:58:06 am

Like FL said, unless he fails his medical like Fekir, Nunez is a liverpool player
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #176: Jun 12, 2022 11:09:02 am
      Like FL said, unless he fails his medical like Fekir, Nunez is a liverpool player
      Might very well be but it’s strange to see one of our transfers playing out over the media ,
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 329 posts | 62 
      Reply #177: Jun 12, 2022 11:17:54 am
      Might very well be but it’s strange to see one of our transfers playing out over the media ,

The window has only been open 2 days, plus the mancs have tried to sign him.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #178: Jun 12, 2022 11:21:23 am
      The Observer says a verbal agreement has been reached  with paperwork to complete in an £85m deal with add ons is being prepared.

« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2022 01:48:58 pm by stuey »
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 329 posts | 62 
      Reply #179: Jun 12, 2022 11:38:12 am
      The Observer says a verbal agreement has been reached and paperwork to complete an £85m deal with add ons is being prepared.

Just over 70 million pounds then not a bad price.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6377 
      Reply #180: Jun 12, 2022 11:39:26 am

Not really. The player only wants us and most of the info is coming from Portugal not from England, the club don’t have much control over that. We are just so used to the out of the blue transfer. Thiago was pretty well played out over a longer period of time and very public like this.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #181: Jun 12, 2022 12:11:17 pm

Spot on Andy, I’m too surprised. New policy?
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #182: Jun 12, 2022 12:51:51 pm
      Spot on Andy, I’m too surprised. New policy?

It could be that his current club went public to try and entice a bidding war.

Who knows.

What I would say is, for the money we are paying, it must be klopps first choice. So I’m happy to go with that....
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,280 posts | 1663 
      Reply #183: Jun 12, 2022 01:10:20 pm
      Joyce claiming all done 65m plus potential 20m in additional around team success and individual apps

Quick Reply