Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Darwin Nunez - Benfica

Read 26711 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Darwin Nunez - Benfica
      Reply #230: Jun 13, 2022 06:50:57 am
      Yeah same. I forget who’s is who. One is my brothers, one my mother in law and one my brother in law.
      That’s why it’s a bargain to me!

:lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #231: Jun 13, 2022 06:51:54 am
      They aren’t any greedier than any other human would be in the same situation. Love to see these altruistic people that act like they would somehow not be the exact same. Bullshit.

You being a pr!ck again!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #232: Jun 13, 2022 06:55:01 am
      Nabil feckir was over the line that went tits up not over till he’s holding the scarf my friend

From my understanding Feckir had a medical issues with one of his knees, hence not crossing the line, you wouldn’t buy a new car with a dodgy wheel would you Andy ?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #233: Jun 13, 2022 07:20:04 am

Well I hope your not the pilot Ian what with all that THC in yer blood, don’t want you landing in Scumchester town, but if your flying low over Keith’s house make sure you dump the sh*te tank right on top, he’s a bit of a shithead so he’ll be right at home  :lmao:

Y  N  W  A
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #234: Jun 13, 2022 07:26:47 am

Not at all just merely pointed out that that deal was supposedly done and all over the media , and then imploded , I have heard that this guy also had a knee injury ,  I hope the lad breezes the test mate

From my understanding Feckir had a medical issues with one of his knees, hence not crossing the line, you wouldn’t buy a new car with a dodgy wheel would you Andy ?

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #235: Jun 13, 2022 07:28:53 am
      Well that post is not in the right order but the gist of it is in there ,
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #236: Jun 13, 2022 08:04:52 am

Well I hope your not the pilot Ian what with all that THC in yer blood, don’t want you landing in Scumchester town, but if your flying low over Keith’s house make sure you dump the sh*te tank right on top, he’s a bit of a shithead so he’ll be right at home  :lmao:

Y  N  W  A

Hahhaha U always crack me up mate!

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Darwin Nunez Player Thread
      Reply #237: Jun 13, 2022 08:26:45 am
      Excellent
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Darwin Nunez Player Thread
      Reply #238: Jun 13, 2022 09:01:39 am
      Official: transfer of Darwin communicated to the CMVM

In the early morning hours of this Monday (0:44 am), Sport Lisboa e Benfica – Futebol, SAD informed the Securities Market Commission (CMVM) that it had reached an agreement with Liverpool FC for the sale of all rights to the player Darwin Nuñez, for the amount of 75 million euros.
      To the CMVM, Benfica's SAD also informed that " the agreement provides for the payment of a variable remuneration, so the global amount of the sale could reach the amount of 100 million euros ".

"It is further informed that the aforementioned agreement is dependent on the signing of the player's sports employment contract with Liverpool FC", it is further explained in the official document.

https://www.slbenfica.pt/pt-pt/agora/noticias/2022/06/13/futebol-benfica-darwin-comunicado-cmvm-transferencia-liverpool

Benfica officially announced that we have reached an agreement pending a medical test.

Welcome home. Ynwa

Need the Axa training ground shots mate - don’t jinx it 🤪🤣
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #239: Jun 13, 2022 09:47:48 am
      really good work by the club get in early takes some pressure of RE Mane. Judging by other transfers the chances are he will be a success .
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #240: Jun 13, 2022 10:44:38 am
      Yes, it's confirmed. I'm quite astonished by the fee. I mean, it's a lot of money for a player who still has to evolve at the highest level. I've been used to signings like Jota and Diaz: signings out of the blue for a decent price but who are instantly good since they play without the pressure of a high price. Now it's different. For this price, Nunez should be starting, and he should be better than Jota and Firmino, at least.

But I think it's a good deal and the scouting team has done their homework as usual.

Welcome :scarf:
      Wouldn’t say he needs to walk in and be better that Jota and Firmino. He’s 22 and we have signed him on a 6 year deal. That gives him plenty of time to justify what we paid so don’t think we should expect it of him immediately. Although if he hits the ground running, I won’t complain.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #241: Jun 13, 2022 11:02:09 am
      I don’t care about the money, ain’t my money. That’s the price for top young forwards.

Very happy with this - Klopp wouldn’t sanction this if it wasn’t going to add mega value to the squad.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #242: Jun 13, 2022 11:46:05 am
      Very very good signing

Don't get some posters whining on here
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #243: Jun 13, 2022 11:57:32 am
      Huge signing that marks the next stage in our development. A different type of forward to those who have hitherto blessed the hallowed turf under this manager.

There is grandeur in this view of life...
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #244: Jun 13, 2022 12:16:39 pm
      Wouldn’t say he needs to walk in and be better that Jota and Firmino. He’s 22 and we have signed him on a 6 year deal. That gives him plenty of time to justify what we paid so don’t think we should expect it of him immediately. Although if he hits the ground running, I won’t complain.

Spot on mate, were looking after the future not just for a immediate impact, we are essentially replacing like for like without too much disruption, from back to front, between the new faces and those emerging from the academy, Kelleher, Calvin Ramsey, Connor Bradley, Ben Doak, Kaide Gordon, Tyler Morton, Owen Beck, Harvey Elliot, amongst those most likely to break thru if they haven’t  already, and join Ibra Konate, Kostas Tsimikas, Curtis Jones, Luis Diaz, Diogo Jota and now by the looks of it Darwin Nunez, then we can add the unknown’s, those on Jürgen’s shopping  list, maybe one or two more from his magical hat, I think it’s safe to say our future is indeed very very bright indeed, in fact it’s so bright I think we’ll need shades, (who sang that song ?)

IMAGINE BEING US ??

Y  N  W  A
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #245: Jun 13, 2022 12:54:12 pm

I think he does need to be better that Jota or Firmno (that is, be a starter), because of the price. Price makes a difference. At the end of the day, it's an investment. We don't invest over 100 M euros in a player, even if he's 22 years old, for him to be on the bench.

I think Klopp will work his magic and integrate him into the team smoothly, but unfortunately, he needs to succeed, otherwise we'll talk about the fee for years instead of talking about the player's performance. VvD was bound to start, as was Andy Carroll, because of the investment. If they don't start, it's a flop. Jota can be on the bench, simply because of the money we invested in him.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #246: Jun 13, 2022 01:20:31 pm
      Can we just get this over and done with as quickly as possible so the likes of your Romano type losers on twitter stop creating botched photoshopped images of Nunez in a red shirt???
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #247: Jun 13, 2022 01:26:13 pm

Boom.

EDIT: I think.
      « Last Edit: Jun 13, 2022 01:31:34 pm by Rush »
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #248: Jun 13, 2022 02:01:12 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #249: Jun 13, 2022 02:06:41 pm

Doesn't he have a pony tail? I feel like that's a photoshop.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #250: Jun 13, 2022 02:08:29 pm
      Doesn't he have a pony tail? I feel like that's a photoshop.

I'd say photoshop as well. Don't think the team would that a photo like that taken and released without an official statement alongside it.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #251: Jun 13, 2022 02:10:16 pm

The price tag does put pressure on him to perform, but no one better than Jürgen to calm down that pressure and expectations media and the like will have from him right away.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #252: Jun 13, 2022 02:18:38 pm

Y  N  W  A

Thank you Billythecnut.  ;D

Quick Reply