Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Players leaving

Read 14171 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Players leaving
      Reply #69: Mar 03, 2023 02:03:50 pm
      So thats Bobby going.

Almost 100% that OX & Naby lad are gone too.

Milner probably leave or become player coach.

Id expect Philips to leave too.

So minimum 5 slots in the squad for new blood in the summer.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #70: Mar 03, 2023 02:09:03 pm
      So thats Bobby going.

Almost 100% that OX & Naby lad are gone too.

Milner probably leave or become player coach.

Id expect Philips to leave too.

So minimum 5 slots in the squad for new blood in the summer.

We already replaced Bobby with Gapko.

We need at least 2 or 3 new midfielders, 2 new CB's, and possibly a new right back.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #71: Mar 03, 2023 02:35:07 pm

We need at least 2 or 3 new midfielders, 2 new CB's, and possibly a new right back.

Aye could be.

I was just looking at bare numbers tbh.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #72: Mar 04, 2023 02:20:16 pm

I'd have been happy with 4 signings this Summer ... a right back to go straight in, quality centre half that stays fit, and 2 quality centre mids to go straight in.

I'd still be happy with that. But Bobby going ... I'm wondering now. Diaz , Jota, Gapko ... all left side. Salah right side. Nunez centre. Jota can also play through the centre. So maybe a back up to Mo ... unless they feel Doak can do it. If so , Diaz/Gapko, Nunez/Jota, Salah/Doak might be how we go in next season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #73: Mar 04, 2023 08:50:50 pm
      I'd have been happy with 4 signings this Summer ... a right back to go straight in, quality centre half that stays fit, and 2 quality centre mids to go straight in.

I'd still be happy with that. But Bobby going ... I'm wondering now. Diaz , Jota, Gapko ... all left side. Salah right side. Nunez centre. Jota can also play through the centre. So maybe a back up to Mo ... unless they feel Doak can do it. If so , Diaz/Gapko, Nunez/Jota, Salah/Doak might be how we go in next season.

Gakpo will be moulded  to play that CF role.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #74: Mar 04, 2023 09:04:45 pm

Best prepare yourself for the fact we won’t be buying a right back in the summer r
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #75: Mar 04, 2023 10:10:18 pm
      Best prepare yourself for the fact we won’t be buying a right back in the summer r

Not a hope in hell.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #76: Mar 05, 2023 11:22:47 am
      I think we will have no more than 3 big signings this summer, probably only 2. Mostly because of money but also for other good reasons- to many players coming in might affect squad harmony, we have young players who can get more 1st team football and a few other factors.

Probably 1 CB with 1 or 2 quality MF that can potentially go in the starting 11 will be the big signings.
      Any other business will be at the edges; a few young players or kids leaving/going on loan, maybe buying young players. We might trim the squad a bit more than expected with possibly Carvalho, Adrian or Jones leaving. Kelleher might leave and be replaced by another young GK with potential.

I don't expect lots of big transfers.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #77: Mar 06, 2023 01:02:19 pm
      I think we will have no more than 3 big signings this summer, probably only 2. Mostly because of money but also for other good reasons- to many players coming in might affect squad harmony, we have young players who can get more 1st team football and a few other factors.

Probably 1 CB with 1 or 2 quality MF that can potentially go in the starting 11 will be the big signings.
      Any other business will be at the edges; a few young players or kids leaving/going on loan, maybe buying young players. We might trim the squad a bit more than expected with possibly Carvalho, Adrian or Jones leaving. Kelleher might leave and be replaced by another young GK with potential.

I don't expect lots of big transfers.

Will at least be 3 two midfielders and a CB . Just can't see us getting another forward.  The focus will be midfield and CB .
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #78: Mar 10, 2023 09:16:00 am
      Will at least be 3 two midfielders and a CB . Just can't see us getting another forward.  The focus will be midfield and CB .

Won’t be far off Rossy, two mids at least with one being the creative type, and a presser, definitely need to back up defensively, can’t see Gomez, Matip, Phillips as part of next season’s squad, so two CB’s to replace them, might even need a keeper if Kells decides first team action over two cup runs,

For me, Naby gone, Ox gone, Melo gone, Milner coaching role, Thiago one more season, Hendo one more season, Curtis needs to step up, Carv keep working, Harvey needs to bulk up,

I count six there we need to find replacement’s for,  perhaps 3/4 from the market and two or three from the academy, we have one or two coming back from loan deals too, Tyler Morton for example,

But yep I agree, up front we’re sorted, defence needs tweaking but midfield needs a revamp and that’s what I hope we concentrate on.

Hope over Fear !!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #79: Mar 10, 2023 05:07:40 pm

Won’t be far off Rossy, two mids at least with one being the creative type, and a presser, definitely need to back up defensively, can’t see Gomez, Matip, Phillips as part of next season’s squad, so two CB’s to replace them, might even need a keeper if Kells decides first team action over two cup runs,

For me, Naby gone, Ox gone, Melo gone, Milner coaching role, Thiago one more season, Hendo one more season, Curtis needs to step up, Carv keep working, Harvey needs to bulk up,

I count six there we need to find replacement’s for,  perhaps 3/4 from the market and two or three from the academy, we have one or two coming back from loan deals too, Tyler Morton for example,

But yep I agree, up front we’re sorted, defence needs tweaking but midfield needs a revamp and that’s what I hope we concentrate on.

Y  N  W  A

Sounds like Kelleher could go and that money could be the key for the CB and promote Harvey Davies to back up . Then the 300m we have stashed for the midfield  :lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #80: Mar 10, 2023 06:17:44 pm

Y  N  W  A

Can’t see Gomez leaving any time soon -think it was it the summer he signed a new contract
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #81: Mar 13, 2023 01:31:36 am
      When could we sign a bosman transfer (Tilemans)?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #82: Mar 14, 2023 08:13:44 am
      When could we sign a bosman transfer (Tilemans)?

Decent player mate, he had a brilliant season the one before last but he seems to have stagnated of late, not so sure now he’d make us any better than what we are currently,

James Maddison is a player who I think would be a handy addition, he’s in his peak years now and I think Jürgen could get more from him as well as him playing with better players, he’s had a few injury concerns but that could be down to training methods, or inferior dietary needs,

Not sure we’d need to break the bank to land him either, I’d rather have him than Rice who for me is over inflated and would get found out playing at a higher level every week with added expectation, not sure he has that in him tbh,

The lad Caicedo at Brighton has pulled a few trees of late and looks impressive, one to keep a eye on, there’s talk of Mason Mount being unhappy at Chavs, but he’s more of a forward and we don’t need to add, but but but, never say never eh !!

We can all speculate on who would be a good fit or not, but Jürgen will have a shopping list, he knows what is needed and who is more suited for his plans.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #83: Mar 14, 2023 09:43:02 am

Can’t see Gomez leaving any time soon -think it was it the summer he signed a new contract

agreed
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #84: Mar 14, 2023 09:44:23 am

Decent player mate, he had a brilliant season the one before last but he seems to have stagnated of late, not so sure now he’d make us any better than what we are currently,

James Maddison is a player who I think would be a handy addition, he’s in his peak years now and I think Jürgen could get more from him as well as him playing with better players, he’s had a few injury concerns but that could be down to training methods, or inferior dietary needs,

Not sure we’d need to break the bank to land him either, I’d rather have him than Rice who for me is over inflated and would get found out playing at a higher level every week with added expectation, not sure he has that in him tbh,

The lad Caicedo at Brighton has pulled a few trees of late and looks impressive, one to keep a eye on, there’s talk of Mason Mount being unhappy at Chavs, but he’s more of a forward and we don’t need to add, but but but, never say never eh !!

We can all speculate on who would be a good fit or not, but Jürgen will have a shopping list, he knows what is needed and who is more suited for his plans.

wont surprise me to find us signing pure unknown players, no one else ha mentioned. ;D
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #85: Mar 15, 2023 02:29:02 pm

As others have said, I just can't see Gomez being shipped out.  So, that is 6 total out the door -- Matip, Phillips, Naby, Ox, Melo, and Milner.  Melo may never actually see the pitch in a competitve match, and you could likely count the combined number of appearances for Naby, Ox, and Nat on your fingers.  So, even though it is 6 bodies, it's really more like 4 new signings we need.  Ideally 2 CB and 2 CM who are all good enough to go straight into the first 11. 

wont surprise me to find us signing pure unknown players, no one else ha mentioned. ;D

I'd imagine at least 1-2 will be relative unknowns, or at least not names who we have been consistently linked with over the past 6-12 months.  Hopefully 1-2 are "blockbuster" style deals like Bellingham, Barella, Gvardiol, etc.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #86: Mar 15, 2023 06:37:54 pm
      I didn't watch the City match last night. Bit concerned that Gvardiol was playing in a team that got hammered. He was 1 of my preferred defensive options.

Was he awful or was it everyone else's fault?
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #87: Apr 04, 2023 01:01:43 pm
      Naby is off on a free to the surprise of nobody.

Many people site injuries and a lack of a run of games. Some still see him as our most talented midfielder.

I think he's been a poor signing. Whether fit, unfit, on the pitch on the bench. Never looked likely to hold his own in a Klopp midfield.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #88: Apr 05, 2023 05:33:43 am
      Wonder if Juergens got the balls to clear out the whole midfield bar Thiago, Bajcetic, Elliot and Carvalho.

Henderson, Milner, Fabinho, Jones, Ox, Nabby should all be moved on.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #89: Apr 05, 2023 08:10:52 am
      I doubt Klopp will have more than £100m to spend.
      Some of that will be from sales.

I’d like to see two new midfielders (Gallagher and Maddison) and a new centre back to partner kanate.

That will be a start.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #90: Apr 07, 2023 02:45:40 am
      Wonder if Juergens got the balls to clear out the whole midfield bar Thiago, Bajcetic, Elliot and Carvalho.

Henderson, Milner, Fabinho, Jones, Ox, Nabby should all be moved on.
      Seems to hate Carvalho
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #91: Apr 10, 2023 05:46:55 pm

More of an age thing and also all of our attacking players back fit.

Quick Reply