Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Players leaving

Read 14168 times
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 561 posts | 128 
      Players leaving
      Jun 09, 2022 03:50:41 pm
      Club reporting today that Divock Origi, Loris Karius, Sheyi Ojo and Ben Woodburn will be leaving at the end of the month as their contracts expire. Elijah Dixon-Bonner, Luis Longstaff and Sean Wilson will also be leaving the Academy.
      « Last Edit: Jun 09, 2022 04:16:39 pm by shawspeed »
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Re: Players leaving
      Reply #1: Jun 10, 2022 01:48:45 am
      I wonder what's going to happen to Bobby. Will he be happy as a bit-part player as he has been for the latter end of this season.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #2: Jun 10, 2022 01:10:09 pm
      I wonder what's going to happen to Bobby. Will he be happy as a bit-part player as he has been for the latter end of this season.

He was injured for a lot of that. Klopp knows what he gets from a fit Firminho so I see him being more involved in the new season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #3: Jun 10, 2022 01:38:30 pm

I don't think Bobby is going to be a bit part player. He's still going to be an important player for us as long as he stays healthy. Bobby when he's in good shape is still route 1 for us when we play.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #4: Jun 10, 2022 03:55:19 pm
      Kelleher reportedly looking to decide his future at the club in the upcoming weeks. With Alisson in front of him i didn't think we could keep him around much longer, but didn't think it could be as soon as this summer.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #5: Jun 10, 2022 04:20:52 pm
      Kelleher reportedly looking to decide his future at the club in the upcoming weeks. With Alisson in front of him i didn't think we could keep him around much longer, but didn't think it could be as soon as this summer.

Not really surprising to be honest. He's proven himself good enough to deserve a starting position, and Ali isn't anywhere close to retiring, so his path is blocked here, I'm afraid. I don't want to see him go, but it wouldn't be fair to ask him to spend another year on the bench.

I just hope we'll insert a buy back clause in any deal we make, just in case.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #6: Jun 12, 2022 07:26:42 am
      Wonder what happens to Nat. Will be happy either way, as he deserves to play regularly
      Read he may stay,  but I assumed we'd sell him. 
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #7: Jun 12, 2022 09:19:31 am
      Wonder what happens to Nat. Will be happy either way, as he deserves to play regularly

Loan possibly ?
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #8: Jun 12, 2022 11:13:23 am
      Could we put kellerher out on a 2 year loan like we did with Karius? Gives everybody options then.

I would be against selling him. I don't see why we would unless it's to Balance the books.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #9: Jun 12, 2022 11:48:24 am
      Neco, Nat, Ox, Taki and Mane will be sold. Loan for Kelleher. Hopefully Gomez stays but if he wants to leave for more football I can't see the club not granting him his wish.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #10: Jun 12, 2022 01:38:35 pm

Read a rumor yesterday we might consider letting go out on loan again then let Matip leave on a free in 2024 to have Phillips replace him.

Feel like the most likely scenario where Nat stays is if we sell Gomez
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #11: Jun 12, 2022 01:47:38 pm
      Read a rumor yesterday we might consider letting go out on loan again then let Matip leave on a free in 2024 to have Phillips replace him.

Feel like the most likely scenario where Nat stays is if we sell Gomez

Where did that rumour come from? Absolutely no way a club would set in stone a plan like that with two if their players surely? If Phillips isn't good enough to replace Matip between now and then, why would he be good enough in that situation in two years time?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #12: Jun 12, 2022 02:00:23 pm

It was in the Echo, think it is 1+1=2 type of speculation
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #13: Jun 12, 2022 02:08:18 pm
      Has anyone heard any rumours about Rhys Williams staying, going on loan or being sold? I think he'd be the player most likely to take Matip's place in the squad. I don't know if he's good enough but he's young enough to develop.
      Nat played an important role for us but I don't think he's quick enough. He'll always be a legend, like Origi but I don't think he will play for us again. Maybe another year on loan but that will probably only happen if we can't get a decent fee.

Who is going to be the number 2 keeper if Kelleher leaves? Adrian or someone else?
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #14: Jun 12, 2022 02:17:22 pm
      Neco, Nat, Ox, Taki and Mane will be sold. Loan for Kelleher. Hopefully Gomez stays but if he wants to leave for more football I can't see the club not granting him his wish.

I'd be gutted to see taki leave. Deserves more of a chance. Rarely let's us down.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #15: Jun 12, 2022 02:21:41 pm
      It was in the Echo, think it is 1+1=2 type of speculation

If it was the Echo it’s more like a 1+1 = 5.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #16: Jun 12, 2022 02:34:29 pm
      I'd be gutted to see taki leave. Deserves more of a chance. Rarely let's us down.

He can’t get more of a chance because save for injuries he’s not going to unseat any of the top 5.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #17: Jun 12, 2022 02:37:05 pm
      Could we put kellerher out on a 2 year loan like we did with Karius? Gives everybody options then.

I would be against selling him. I don't see why we would unless it's to Balance the books.

Hopefully he’s ok with a loan but he’s too good for just cup competitions and he knows if we go out early in them like we’ve mostly done then his season is down to the bench. Players want to play not ride the bench and you can only keep them so long before they want to move. He has a career to worry about and Alisson is going nowhere for a long time. Kelleher’s future just isn’t here.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #18: Jun 12, 2022 02:54:41 pm
      Hopefully he’s ok with a loan but he’s too good for just cup competitions and he knows if we go out early in them like we’ve mostly done then his season is down to the bench. Players want to play not ride the bench and you can only keep them so long before they want to move. He has a career to worry about and Alisson is going nowhere for a long time. Kelleher’s future just isn’t here.

Look to sell with a buy back option in that circumstance? Look to sell to someone like Celtic who would have the European level experience but wouldn't probably haggle a fairly low buy back clause in his contract given that even a few million in Scotland is A LOT
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #19: Jun 12, 2022 03:45:54 pm
      We still have that Ben Davies on our books as well.
      Can’t see him staying but I doubt we would get much for him.

I forgot he was here tbh.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #20: Jun 13, 2022 12:17:16 pm
      Agree mate and that's why I think a 2 year loan is a good option. He gets to be number 1 somewhere and in 2 years time we can see where things stand. He's too good to sanction a permanent deal I think.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #21: Jun 13, 2022 12:24:25 pm
      He can’t get more of a chance because save for injuries he’s not going to unseat any of the top 5.

I'd like to keep him mate. He's a quality player and made vital contributions last season ... without him we may have ended up with no trophies.

I'd rather sell players like AOC who contributed very little last season and he should go before taki. His time here is coming to an end and it will do him good to have a change.

We need depth and with Sadio likely leaving ... if you're having Diaz nunez and salah up there then I'd like Jota Bobby and Taki to back up. It's gonna be another long season hopefully.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #22: Jun 13, 2022 05:44:33 pm
      Where did that rumour come from? Absolutely no way a club would set in stone a plan like that with two if their players surely? If Phillips isn't good enough to replace Matip between now and then, why would he be good enough in that situation in two years time?

The papers, ssn etc seen the same story. The other assumption is Bournemouth can't afford him.

Quick Reply