Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

PFA Awards 2022

Read 2554 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      PFA Awards 2022
      Jun 09, 2022 08:19:49 pm
      Obviously the prestigious one voted by your fellow players.

Salah wins

https://twitter.com/PFA/status/1534969829546872832

Six reds in the PL team

https://twitter.com/PFA/status/1534967564056506369

Salah becomes the sixth male player to win two PFA player of the year awards, after Mark Hughes, Alan Shearer, Thierry Henry, Gareth Bale and last year's winner Kevin de Bruyne.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: PFA Awards 2022
      Reply #1: Jun 09, 2022 08:29:26 pm

Salah wins

Salah becomes the sixth male player to win two PFA player of the year awards, after Mark Hughes, Alan Shearer, Thierry Henry, Gareth Bale and last year's winner Kevin de Bruyne.

Some great names on that list JD. No denying Salah deserves to join such a prestigious list.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #2: Jun 09, 2022 08:31:31 pm

Salah wins

https://twitter.com/PFA/status/1534969829546872832

Six reds in the PL team

https://twitter.com/PFA/status/1534967564056506369

Ronaldo? Pfffff he's there on his name only. Son deserves it so much more.

Funnily enough, if we're only looking at how they performed in the PL, I'd have selected Joel ahead of VVD.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #3: Jun 09, 2022 09:47:07 pm
      Congratulations Mo, fully deserved award  :champ: :champ: :champ:
      Well done to all the Redmen in the team....smashed it !!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #4: Jun 09, 2022 09:56:57 pm
      Ronaldo being on there is a joke. I'd have also had Fab ahead of Silva but that's my bias I can admit it. Although, if you are asking me to pick a team, the only City player I'm picking ahead of a Liverpool player is KDB. I would also likely pick Son to be on my team as well.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #5: Jun 09, 2022 10:05:15 pm
      Ronaldo deserves his place for destroying Man U's present and their immediate future. They were actually looking dangerous! Bruno is a shadow, the dressing room is a shambles, they need total revolution from top to bottom.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #6: Jun 09, 2022 11:13:53 pm
      Son in for Ronaldo and I'd agree with the team selection.   Mo winning the top award shows how sensational he was in the first part of the season.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #7: Jun 10, 2022 12:11:00 am
      Ronaldo deserves his place for destroying Man U's present and their immediate future.

Ha, fair shout.  Probably should have been Son in there in his place. 

Watched Rudiger a few times and agree that him and van Dijk would be some defensive pairing.  Can't really argue with that choice.

Think Thiago is lucky to get the nod over Fabinho but hey if you want an attacking 11 then the PL team of the year probably us isn't far off.

Not sure how much protection a KDB-Thiago-Bernardo Silva midfield would offer a defence!

At the end of the day it's voted for by the players so they are far better qualified to know than me.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #8: Jun 10, 2022 12:47:41 am
      Son not being in that team is ridiculous.

Thiago did change us the 2nd part of the season. His numbers don't match KBD (obviously) but he was just as important from January on. Glad he got in there.

Yall know I'm pretty biased with Robbo, but does anyone else agree with me that he should've made it over Cancelo?

VVD making it after the blown knee is incredible 👏
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #9: Jun 10, 2022 01:35:14 am
      Yall know I'm pretty biased with Robbo, but does anyone else agree with me that he should've made it over Cancelo?

To be fair, Cancelo was arguably City's second best player, so it makes sense he's in there.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10: Jun 10, 2022 03:02:11 am
      How on earth could they leave Maguire out.  :roll:
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #11: Jun 10, 2022 03:06:04 am
      How on earth could they leave Maguire out.  :roll:

Well, technically speaking, he was involved in many goals this season...   :f_tongueincheek:
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #12: Jun 10, 2022 03:09:17 am
      Surprised about Thiago getting picked though he finishes very strong the second half though with that in mind figure Son would of gotten picked over Ronaldo.

Other then that not much else I would change
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13: Jun 10, 2022 11:34:04 am
      Well, technically speaking, he was involved in many goals this season...   :f_tongueincheek:

Was hoping to catch one or two of you out.  ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #14: Jun 10, 2022 11:48:49 am
      Used to laugh at the la liga awards for inventing categories so Cristiano Ronaldo could win one. Apart from him hard to argue too much with the team
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #15: Jun 10, 2022 01:17:48 pm
      Was hoping to catch one or two of you out.  ;D

Genuine question (a bit off topic, apologies), how is he viewed amongst Utd supporters? Are you pleased with his contribution, or would you be happy to get rid of him?
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #16: Jun 10, 2022 03:02:37 pm
      Surprised about Thiago getting picked though he finishes very strong the second half though with that in mind figure Son would of gotten picked over Ronaldo.

Other then that not much else I would change

Agree, Thiago has not played that much. But I think, we all agree he is an excellent footballer and one of the best in the league.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17: Jun 10, 2022 03:22:33 pm
      Genuine question (a bit off topic, apologies), how is he viewed amongst Utd supporters? Are you pleased with his contribution, or would you be happy to get rid of him?

ā€œHell noā€ Very disappointed with him when you consider what we paid for him. Sad to say it but heā€™s a bench player for me. Made to many mistakes and was over hyped when we bought him. Was another panic buy really and weā€™ve made a couple of those.  :f_doh:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #18: Jun 10, 2022 05:01:30 pm
      ā€œHell noā€ Very disappointed with him when you consider what we paid for him. Sad to say it but heā€™s a bench player for me. Made to many mistakes and was over hyped when we bought him. Was another panic buy really and weā€™ve made a couple of those.  :f_doh:

This will drop a few jaws on here Iā€™m sure, but F**k it, before old f***in Ronnie came back, Ole had the beginnings of a decent side, I know tactically he was inept we get that but if you look at the players he had, they were good enough to challenge for probably 4th, ..

..DeGea still a good keeper with better back up with Henderson, canā€™t really say Shaw is sh*te tbf, he was better than he had been since that injury, so warranted his place, Wan Bissaka unfortunately for them had a mare, but heā€™s young enough to bounce back with proper guidance, Slab head had a mare too and let the pressure get to him, maybe that price tag weighed too heavily, heā€™s a decent CB but nowhere near the level of Virgil,
      With Verane Utd paid the price of using a player more familiar with the physioā€™s bench than with the turf with no real decent back up,  I mean they had to use that f***in Donkey Phil Jones ffs, and Lindelhof is just f***in pants, isnā€™t he ?

McTom didnā€™t pull any trees either, and Fred to be fare had a decent campaign even if it was fruitless, Bruno to me had his nose put out of joint when Cr7 walked through the door, then spent the rest of the season with his chin on his chest, and moaned like a Nun with a priest up her arse, 
      as too did Cavani, moan I mean, not the Nun,  jeez, he must have been f***in livid losing that No 7 sh*t, I mean shirt, he pledged his allegiance for another season only for Ladyboy to pull the rug, funny tho, and then thereā€™s Pogba, why the F**k he went back there no one knows, donā€™t think he does either, still, Ā£79m later, and heā€™s still not settled, bye, thanks for coming,

Jadon Sandshoe flattered early months but got better, but again Utd guilty of buying for the sake of it, imo, Daniel James was a much better prospect but he got fu**ed off to Leeds and heā€™s done well with them, Anthony Martial, waste of space, Rashford had a absolute horror show didnā€™t he, only f**ker I feel anything for if Iā€™m honest, probably to do with his charity work, and what can you say about Mason Greenwood, while is teammates were running around in circles heā€™s off doing his best Ted Bundy impression, f***in sick b***ard,

Then thereā€™s the has beens, like Matic, Mata why the F**k they held on to those two for so long is anyoneā€™s guess, Lingard should have stayed at the Hammers or at least demanded another loan season, the rest do have some promise, young Brandon Williams looks decent, same with James Garner,

Poor old Ole, had some decent tools but no clue how to best to use them, and then it happened, CR7 brought in above his head and BOOM a Massive sh*t hit a Massive fan, and spread mediocrity all over the red half of Scumchester, and everyone at the end of the East lancs were nursing hard ons, some of us still are.  ;D

What dā€™ya think Keith,a fair analysis would you say  :lmao:

Y  N  W  A

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19: Jun 10, 2022 06:53:31 pm

This will drop a few jaws on here Iā€™m sure, but f**k it, before old f***in Ronnie came back, Ole had the beginnings of a decent side, I know tactically he was inept we get that but if you look at the players he had, they were good enough to challenge for probably 4th, ..

..DeGea still a good keeper with better back up with Henderson, canā€™t really say Shaw is sh*te tbf, he was better than he had been since that injury, so warranted his place, Wan Bissaka unfortunately for them had a mare, but heā€™s young enough to bounce back with proper guidance, Slab head had a mare too and let the pressure get to him, maybe that price tag weighed too heavily, heā€™s a decent CB but nowhere near the level of Virgil,
      With Verane Utd paid the price of using a player more familiar with the physioā€™s bench than with the turf with no real decent back up,  I mean they had to use that f***in Donkey Phil Jones ffs, and Lindelhof is just f***in pants, isnā€™t he ?

McTom didnā€™t pull any trees either, and Fred to be fare had a decent campaign even if it was fruitless, Bruno to me had his nose put out of joint when Cr7 walked through the door, then spent the rest of the season with his chin on his chest, and moaned like a Nun with a priest up her arse, 
      as too did Cavani, moan I mean, not the Nun,  jeez, he must have been f***in livid losing that No 7 sh*t, I mean shirt, he pledged his allegiance for another season only for Ladyboy to pull the rug, funny tho, and then thereā€™s Pogba, why the f**k he went back there no one knows, donā€™t think he does either, still, Ā£79m later, and heā€™s still not settled, bye, thanks for coming,

Jadon Sandshoe flattered early months but got better, but again Utd guilty of buying for the sake of it, imo, Daniel James was a much better prospect but he got fu**ed off to Leeds and heā€™s done well with them, Anthony Martial, waste of space, Rashford had a absolute horror show didnā€™t he, only f**ker I feel anything for if Iā€™m honest, probably to do with his charity work, and what can you say about Mason Greenwood, while is teammates were running around in circles heā€™s off doing his best Ted Bundy impression, f***in sick b***ard,

Then thereā€™s the has beens, like Matic, Mata why the f**k they held on to those two for so long is anyoneā€™s guess, Lingard should have stayed at the Hammers or at least demanded another loan season, the rest do have some promise, young Brandon Williams looks decent, same with James Garner,

Poor old Ole, had some decent tools but no clue how to best to use them, and then it happened, CR7 brought in above his head and BOOM a Massive Sh*t hit a Massive fan, and spread mediocrity all over the red half of Scumchester, and everyone at the end of the East lancs were nursing hard ons, some of us still are.  ;D

What dā€™ya think Keith,a fair analysis would you say  :lmao:

Y  N  W  A

Be easier to say what I donā€™t agree with which isnā€™t much..

Wan Bissaka wonā€™t be good enough no matter how long you give him. Apart from tackling he isnā€™t any good at anything else.

I like McTom heā€™s ok. Donā€™t get me wrong heā€™s not world class but Iā€™d keep him even if itā€™s only as a sub.

Iā€™m hoping Bruno under new management can bounce back to his best. You lot were calling rotten when he first came over as he settle in the same way as Diaz has at your place and was knocking goals in for fun as well as assist.

Itā€™s possible with new manager we might, just might get the best out of Sancho but not holding my breath.

Where I disagree with you most is Fred, heā€™s F***ing sh*te and would be first player on my list to go. He throws the odd average game in and thatā€™s it. Never ever looks like he can score, never gives me the confidence when he has the ball at his feet. In fact the only thing he has is a engine but never comes out of second gear.

Yeah apart from that your pretty much spot onā€¦.You a man in disguise?  :f_steam:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #20: Jun 10, 2022 07:13:47 pm
      Be easier to say what I donā€™t agree with which isnā€™t much..

Wan Bissaka wonā€™t be good enough no matter how long you give him. Apart from tackling he isnā€™t any good at anything else.

I like McTom heā€™s ok. Donā€™t get me wrong heā€™s not world class but Iā€™d keep him even if itā€™s only as a sub.

Iā€™m hoping Bruno under new management can bounce back to his best. You lot were calling rotten when he first came over as he settle in the same way as Diaz has at your place and was knocking goals in for fun as well as assist.

Itā€™s possible with new manager we might, just might get the best out of Sancho but not holding my breath.

Where I disagree with you most is Fred, heā€™s f**king sh*te and would be first player on my list to go. He throws the odd average game in and thatā€™s it. Never ever looks like he can score, never gives me the confidence when he has the ball at his feet. In fact the only thing he has is a engine but never comes out of second gear.

Yeah apart from that your pretty much spot onā€¦.You a man in disguise?  :f_steam:

Speaking neutrally Keith - don't waste Sancho. He's a wonderful talent. Rashford as well deserves a break given his immense talent. These are guys that deserve to succeed and two players I'd have love to see Klopp coach and guide. I reckon Ten Haag is the right coach for both. Get rid of the past (Ronaldo) and there's a clearer path for both players (and Ten Haag) to succeed.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #21: Jun 11, 2022 04:07:14 pm
      Son for Ronaldo and Dias for Rudiger and that would be my team of the year.

Quick Reply