Trending Topics

Next match: Arsenal v LFC [Friendly] Thu 1st Aug @ 12:30 am
      Lincoln Financial Field

Today is the 27th of July and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W3 D4 L3

Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)

Read 115164 times
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,601 posts | 857 
      Re: Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)
      Reply #1104: Jan 14, 2024 04:55:17 pm
      He carves a lot of chances for himself. He has a lot of half chances. Probably more than other strikers. You can view it as bad that those are "missed" (a lot get saved by the keeper) Or you can view it as a good sign that he creates chances for himself and gets himself in positions to even get those chances.

It really depends on what narrative you want to push of believe. Life..and football isn't black and white. There are nuances. And the media decides how they want you to view things.

They did not spend a single minute on the multiple big chances Alvarez missed yesterday. Alvarez has 6 goals and 6 assists this season. I'll leave it there.
      Im in no way having a pop here, but your post is typical of many on here regarding Nunez. There is inherent in your (and others) comments some kind of defence of young Darwin, but he doesn't need defending, because no one is attacking him. Every positive you say of him is true and factual. But there is one specific, single and isolated question: Why isn't he scoring more of the "easy" chances?....Please don't say because there's a goalkeeper...we're talking about the misses, not the saves....they're not the same thing.
      We're not comparing him to anyone else, frankly I don't give a toss whether the media go on about Alvarez's misses or not.(BTW They did mention it)
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,638 posts | 772 
      Reply #1105: Jan 14, 2024 09:38:28 pm
      Why isn't he scoring more of the "easy" chances?....

Can you give examples of said easy chances?

Are these chances any easier than what other players miss? I am talking about other players because players miss chances. That is part of football you don't score every single chance.  I AM TALKING ABOUT THE MEDIA. Because the media creates narratives, and people just eat it up without truly examining what is happening. IT'S NOT EVEN ABOUT DARWIN IN PARTICULAR.

Kyle Walker and Trippier got exposed BADLY defensively yesterday and we are not getting a got damn week long postmortem from the media about it like we would if it was Trent.

YOU may not be talking about the media but I AM.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,601 posts | 857 
      Reply #1106: Jan 14, 2024 10:52:29 pm
      Can you give examples of said easy chances?

Are these chances any easier than what other players miss? I am talking about other players because players miss chances. That is part of football you don't score every single chance.  I AM TALKING ABOUT THE MEDIA. Because the media creates narratives, and people just eat it up without truly examining what is happening. IT'S NOT EVEN ABOUT DARWIN IN PARTICULAR.

Kyle Walker and Trippier got exposed BADLY defensively yesterday and we are not getting a got damn week long postmortem from the media about it like we would if it was Trent.

YOU may not be talking about the media but I AM.
      Examples: I'm guessing there's a compendium of them on YouTube.
      I know that all footballers will miss easy chances, as you correctly say it's a part of football. My whole question is a narrow one. Not does he miss easy chances....but does he miss more than he should? I'm not taking up any media driven narrative, I'm framing the question as a Liverpool supporter using my own eyes, and witnessing it for myself.
      Your point about Walker and Trippier doesn't stand up to scrutiny, in the broadcasts I watched both players were criticised, perhaps you missed it. Again this idea that the media/press is anti LFC is both baseless and tiresome. It smacks of some kind of inverted snobbery, almost arrogance. What's so special about Liverpool Football Club for the whole of the UK media to conspire against it?....it's total nonsense. LFC is special and unique to us....no one else gives a sh*t.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,638 posts | 772 
      Reply #1107: Jan 15, 2024 01:04:52 pm
      Your point about Walker and Trippier doesn't stand up to scrutiny, in the broadcasts I watched both players were criticised, perhaps you missed it. Again this idea that the media/press is anti LFC is both baseless and tiresome.

My brother in christ, Trippier has been sh*t all season. They spent like 2 mins in their mistakes nothing more. Trippier was seen arguing with fans, making excuses about injuries. Got exposed again and there is barely any coverage.

https://twitter.com/FIVEUK/status/1723462086255157713

Trent gets interrogated about bad form, every time he has a blinding game, they spend half the time telling the audience that hes not a good defender.

https://twitter.com/SMXLFC/status/1739668244166758872

If you can't see the difference you are blind and i can't help you.

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,601 posts | 857 
      Reply #1108: Jan 15, 2024 02:01:50 pm
      My brother in christ, Trippier has been sh*t all season. They spent like 2 mins in their mistakes nothing more. Trippier was seen arguing with fans, making excuses about injuries. Got exposed again and there is barely any coverage.

https://twitter.com/FIVEUK/status/1723462086255157713

Trent gets interrogated about bad form, every time he has a blinding game, they spend half the time telling the audience that hes not a good defender.

https://twitter.com/SMXLFC/status/1739668244166758872

If you can't see the difference you are blind and i can't help you.
      Sorry PG but that doesn't really qualify as what I would call peer reviewed evidence...Anyone can always find a snippet that supports their claim about anything....look at the number of people who have witnessed alien space craft....of which none have ever proven to be true.

Anyway...we're unlikely to find agreement here. You are like everyone else free to believe what you like.  Up the Reds

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,638 posts | 772 
      Reply #1109: Jan 15, 2024 06:17:34 pm
      Sorry PG but that doesn't really qualify as what I would call peer reviewed evidence...Anyone can always find a snippet that supports their claim about anything....look at the number of people who have witnessed alien space craft....of which none have ever proven to be true.

Anyway...we're unlikely to find agreement here. You are like everyone else free to believe what you like.  Up the Reds

LMAO bro asking for peer reviewed evidence and a socio economic study for something i didn't even say.

1. I'm not saying the media is specifically "biased against Liverpool" or whatever it is you think im saying.

What i'm actually saying, the media (independent or mainstream) can create whatever narrative they want, based on whatever they choose to focus on and highlight. And people FULLY buy into it.

This happen in politics, we see it every day with "culture war" topics, not just football.

I gave other players as examples because they can choose to focus on them but they don't.  Trippier has been rubbish ALL SEASON. they choose to not focus on it.

They told us Henderson was on 700k a week. it's a complete lie. He's on 160k a week. people to this day still say he's on 700k a week. Are they going to come out and correct it? Of course not.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #1110: Jan 15, 2024 06:52:51 pm
      LMAO bro asking for peer reviewed evidence and a socio economic study for something i didn't even say.

1. I'm not saying the media is specifically "biased against Liverpool" or whatever it is you think im saying.

What i'm actually saying, the media (independent or mainstream) can create whatever narrative they want, based on whatever they choose to focus on and highlight. And people FULLY buy into it.

This happen in politics, we see it every day with "culture war" topics, not just football.

I gave other players as examples because they can choose to focus on them but they don't.  Trippier has been rubbish ALL SEASON. they choose to not focus on it.

They told us Henderson was on 700k a week. it's a complete lie. He's on 160k a week. people to this day still say he's on 700k a week. Are they going to come out and correct it? Of course not.

Bol*ocks Henderson is on 160k a week. He's on just shy of 700k a week there. As he told us ... 'securing my family's future'. If he was on 160k he'd be on similar or sightly less than he was at Liverpool.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,638 posts | 772 
      Reply #1111: Jan 15, 2024 07:42:22 pm
      Bol*ocks Henderson is on 160k a week. He's on just shy of 700k a week there. As he told us ... 'securing my family's future'. If he was on 160k he'd be on similar or sightly less than he was at Liverpool.

See this is a prime example. Facts don't matter over narrative to some people. You are unwilling to challenge your ideas because the narrative that was created is that he's gone only for the money (700k a week) and now everyone has a hard-on to point out his "hypocrisy" after he "went woke".

His club isn't even state owned. 

https://streamable.com/tzuyw6
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2024 10:14:00 pm by PastorGeek »
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #1112: Jan 15, 2024 08:05:33 pm
      See this is a prime example. Facts dont matter over narrative to people. You are unwilling to challenge your ideas because the narrative that was created that he's gone only for the money (700k a week) and every has a boner to point out his so called hypocrisy after he "went woke".

https://youtu.be/x1tQuhqHu3Q?t=124

No. He's earning 700k a week. And they're getting their funding don't you worry. And he is a f*cking hypocrite. Both facts. End of story.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #1113: Jan 15, 2024 08:07:31 pm
      And this is Nunez' thread. Back to Darwin and on topic.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,582 posts | 6459 
      Reply #1114: Jan 15, 2024 08:28:55 pm
      No. He's earning 700k a week. And they're getting their funding don't you worry. And he is a f*cking hypocrite. Both facts. End of story.

He's not though.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/07/jordan-hendersons-wage-in-saudi-arabia-revealed-to-be-far-lower-than-700k/

He's still earning a sh*t ton and a half (tax free), but it isn't 700k.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,638 posts | 772 
      Reply #1115: Jan 15, 2024 08:50:04 pm

I've never seen a bunch of so called Liverpool fans. A club with our history, so blindly willing to accept the narrative the media sets forth without question. Just straight up REFUSING to believe the possibility that reports are incorrect. ;D Who woulda thunk it?
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2024 10:15:51 pm by PastorGeek »
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,638 posts | 772 
      Reply #1116: Jan 15, 2024 08:52:20 pm
      And this is Nunez' thread. Back to Darwin and on topic.

The point i was making is that the media isn't always right or factually, they often set narratives, regardless of facts. And you are straight up refusing to question what u are being told. ;D.

In fact, it feels like you'd rather believe the lie.
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2024 10:18:01 pm by PastorGeek »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,629 posts | 5034 
      Reply #1117: Jan 15, 2024 10:14:01 pm
      See this is a prime example. Facts dont matter over narrative to people. You are unwilling to challenge your ideas because the narrative that was created that he's gone only for the money (700k a week) and every has a boner to point out his so called hypocrisy after he "went woke".

https://streamable.com/tzuyw6

Do yourself a favour mate and don't listen to those arseholes on Talksport.

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,638 posts | 772 
      Reply #1118: Jan 15, 2024 10:19:15 pm
      Do yourself a favour mate and don't listen to those arseholes on Talksport.

Ben Jacobs is not a talksport arsehole, he's a journalist, that just made an appearance on there. Someone else posted This is Anfield also
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2024 10:26:11 pm by PastorGeek »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,629 posts | 5034 
      Reply #1119: Jan 15, 2024 10:27:47 pm
      Ben Jacobs is not a talksport arsehole, he's a journalist, that just made an appearance on there. Someone else posted This is Anfield also

Jesus I'm not having a go just for me that station is the epitome of what is wrong with football coverage in the media.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,315 posts | 3404 
      Reply #1120: Jan 15, 2024 11:29:48 pm
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,833 posts | 2459 
      Reply #1121: Jan 15, 2024 11:50:15 pm

Lad can score every type of goal only thing left to see is a bicycle kick.

Love Darwin he's going to be a legend here.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,601 posts | 857 
      Reply #1122: Jan 15, 2024 11:51:28 pm
      What I am about to write is a joke....it is not intended to be taken seriously.
      " Just imagine if he could just stop missing sitters"
      « Last Edit: Jan 16, 2024 10:34:33 am by Longy-Shops »
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,315 posts | 3404 
      Reply #1123: Jan 15, 2024 11:56:52 pm
      Lad can score every type of goal only thing left to see is a bicycle kick.

Love Darwin he's going to be a legend here.

One thing that is evident from the video and has been discussed at length on here before is how he's very much an instinctive finisher. A lot of his goals come from one, maximum two, touches.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #1124: Jan 16, 2024 07:19:03 pm

That £700 K claim was a pile of utter horseshit.
      More bullshit put out by the "anti-woke but utter F***ing snowflakes crying about Jordan in Saudi" bellends!!
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 924 posts | 156 
      Reply #1125: Jan 16, 2024 07:23:23 pm
      Jordan is well worth £700k pw, if not more...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #1126: Jan 16, 2024 07:25:18 pm
      Jordan is well worth £700k pw, if not more...

Is that if you weigh her tits!!

Quick Reply