Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)

Read 90245 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Re: Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)
      Reply #1196: Feb 18, 2024 08:23:49 pm
      Agreed they are, still not a top 4 side though, you could argue not even 6 and I wouldn’t argue with you. 😂
      I think Tenhag has finally realized what you are and what you're not, and is coaching to that. Luton out possessioned you today, but yall stayed compact and hard to break down. He seems to have yall set up to absorb pressure and then counter. If not for that ugly kid and a great sliding save on Rashfords shot, it would've been worse.

Definitely improving. Now go beat Arse and City
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts | 154 
      Reply #1197: Feb 18, 2024 08:25:56 pm
      So is he the finish article in front of goal?

No then again I don't believe any striker ever is, players in general can always improve and they'll tell you that.

With what is out there at the moment and looking at all aspects of his play, he's up there with the very best. These players are what you would call unplayable.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts | 154 
      Reply #1198: Feb 18, 2024 08:28:12 pm
      United are improving. Let's not beat about the Bush. They will be a totally different proposition at ot when it comes round than they were at anfield in December. I'm hoping we will have a few back for that game at least.

Utd aren't improving at all, they're simply on a little run like they go on every season before they end up shitting the bed. They were clinging on to dear life for about 70mins to F***ing Luton after being gifted a goal ;D.

Improving is what Unai has done at Villa, what O'Neil has done at Wolves, to a lesser extent what Ange has done at Spurs. ETH hasn't improved Utd at all since he's arrived, especially given the millions he's spent. Let's be clear about that.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1199: Feb 18, 2024 08:31:42 pm
      I think Tenhag has finally realized what you are and what you're not, and is coaching to that. Luton out possessioned you today, but yall stayed compact and hard to break down. He seems to have yall set up to absorb pressure and then counter. If not for that ugly kid and a great sliding save on Rashfords shot, it would've been worse.

Definitely improving. Now go beat Arse and City

Ugly kid must be referring to Garnacho 😂 Yeah not the best looking is he.  :lmao:  Still early days with Tenhag but like I said to Billy I’d stick with me.

As for beating Gunners & City? You’d love that wouldn’t you. 😂 You’ll all be mancs on the day we play them.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1200: Feb 18, 2024 08:37:00 pm
      No then again I don't believe any striker ever is, players in general can always improve and they'll tell you that.

With what is out there at the moment and looking at all aspects of his play, he's up there with the very best. These players are what you would call unplayable.

I disagree, I can name loads of strikers/players that were the finished article. For me he’s one of the most dangerous players who hasn’t mastered the art of finishing so far. That being the case reservations have to be put upon him till he does.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #1201: Feb 18, 2024 08:38:14 pm
      Utd aren't improving at all, they're simply on a little run like they go on every season before they end up shitting the bed. They were clinging on to dear life for about 70mins to F***ing Luton after being gifted a goal ;D.

Improving is what Unai has done at Villa, what O'Neil has done at Wolves, to a lesser extent what Ange has done at Spurs. ETH hasn't improved Utd at all since he's arrived, especially given the millions he's spent. Let's be clear about that.

United just won at Luton. A place were we needed a last minute equaliser to avoid an embarrassing defeat.

I'm not saying united are world beaters. But theyve got some of their injured players back now and are looking much stronger. They will be hard to beat when we go there. Make no mistake. We couldn't beat an injury ravaged, the worse united team I've seen in the prem era in December
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1202: Feb 19, 2024 12:32:33 am
      Not been catching up with the posts here but are you part of some Hojlund fan club?

He's or Resident Manc mate.  Closet Red most of us would agree.

Can't get rid of the f**ker....we been trying for ages  :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1203: Feb 19, 2024 02:18:44 am
      He's or Resident Manc mate.  Closet Red most of us would agree.

Can't get rid of the f**ker....we been trying for ages  :D

Who me! Don’t believe him almighty he’s playing with your head.  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1204: Feb 19, 2024 02:49:03 am
      Hasn’t proved F**k all yet though, he has improved I’ll give you that but then so has the Utd as a whole, he’s miles off what Nunez is producing now, I’ll give a bit of credit for forecasting he’s a good prospect and it seems he is indeed on the right track,

I’ll concede to that fat Manc that he maybe on the right track as far as his boy is concerned,
      Keep playing with yer pecker numb nuts !! 🖕😁🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

YNWA

It’s like reading greyhounds mate, you’ve either got it or you haven’t.   :lmao:
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #1205: Feb 19, 2024 03:02:52 am
      Ugly kid must be referring to Garnacho 😂 Yeah not the best looking is he.  :lmao:  Still early days with Tenhag but like I said to Billy I’d stick with me.

As for beating Gunners & City? You’d love that wouldn’t you. 😂 You’ll all be mancs on the day we play them.
      I hope to hell it doesn't come to that, but God forbid it does, GLORY GLORY Man Utd.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1206: Feb 19, 2024 01:50:26 pm
      I hope to hell it doesn't come to that, but God forbid it does, GLORY GLORY Man Utd.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1207: Feb 19, 2024 08:57:30 pm
      Ugly kid must be referring to Garnacho 😂

Garnacho looks like he's about 50% through transitioning
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1208: Feb 19, 2024 08:58:29 pm

Manc derby a week before we play City.

Glory, Glory..... :laugh:
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #1209: Feb 19, 2024 09:38:47 pm
      Garnacho looks like he's about 50% through transitioning
      This got me, hard  :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #1210: Feb 19, 2024 09:52:55 pm
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts | 154 
      Reply #1211: Feb 19, 2024 11:07:41 pm
      Dom King saying round about 2 weeks, honestly disastrous.

Can't believe we're gonna go into a F***ing cup final without both Nunez and Mo.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #1212: Feb 19, 2024 11:12:38 pm
      Dom King saying round about 2 weeks, honestly disastrous.

Can't believe we're gonna go into a F***ing cup final without both Nunez and Mo.

and Jota.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts | 154 
      Reply #1213: Feb 20, 2024 01:26:44 am

Jota is a blow but personally I’ll be missing those 2 more….their explosiveness, their harassing of defenders and along with Trent are by far and away are 2 most creative players. God help us we’re gonna be without 3 of our top chance creaters.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #1214: Feb 20, 2024 03:01:11 am
      Jota is a blow but personally I’ll be missing those 2 more….their explosiveness, their harassing of defenders and along with Trent are by far and away are 2 most creative players. God help us we’re gonna be without 3 of our top chance creaters.

Mate, my fave player on the planet right now is Jots, the Man just knows how to finish...doesn't F**k around, just gets it and sticks it in the back of the net.

He's a Lad from Portugal

Better than Figo, don't you know

Oh, his name is Diogo!  :D

Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #1215: Feb 20, 2024 05:52:11 am

Jota never stops harassing defenders ... pressing. He's all over them. He's got a workrate that matches his creativity and finishing ability. He's a huge miss sadly.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts | 154 
      Reply #1216: Feb 20, 2024 03:51:38 pm
      Jota never stops harassing defenders ... pressing. He's all over them. He's got a workrate that matches his creativity and finishing ability. He's a huge miss sadly.

True true, they're all big misses. It can be easier to forget the ones who've been out longer but I still F***ing miss Matip.....although that could partly be down to the fact we've seen him play his last game for us.

Losing Mo Nunez and Jota almosts feels as bad as losing your 3 CB's the way we did in 2020.
      JackRed97
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #1217: Feb 23, 2024 09:43:30 am
      Out of the final..
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #1218: Feb 23, 2024 10:04:30 am

Not confirmed