Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)

Read 90782 times
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,486 posts | 217 
      Re: Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)
      Reply #1288: Apr 08, 2024 02:13:31 pm
      He doesn't need to "transform", he just needs to score a few more goals instead of missing them....everything else in his game is spot on.

& no we weren't the same, our threat died down. When he was on the pitch we created 9-10 big chances.....when he came off we created 1 (excluding the penalty).

Is he a poor finisher ?

Is his decision making spot on?

Is his composure at the required level?

That’s three parts right there

Edit

I feel he is worth keeping in the team as he has room for improvement but he needs a couple of finishers around him imo to compensate
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 850 posts | 166 
      Reply #1289: Apr 08, 2024 02:16:28 pm
      You should consider allowing people to have an opinion and agreeing with other people

The name has nothing to do with calling poor finishing what it is, get your head out of the sand

I do, never once stopped anyone from having an opinion but I'll still argue against something I don't agree with, 2 very different things there.....&I'm not going to go down the petty line of "you should consider allowing people to disagree with opinions that differ from your own" because I don't believe anyone is guilty of that.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,072 posts | 3437 
      Reply #1290: Apr 08, 2024 02:16:47 pm
      It’s always the same people looking to pile on to the players when the result doesn’t go our way - the same people that say sweet FA when those players contribute to winning

Right now there there is no team scoring more goals than us , we have regenerated a whole front line and a midfield - we are fighting for two more trophies and not one person expected that to happen when the players still have so much more development to have

KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,486 posts | 217 
      Reply #1291: Apr 08, 2024 02:18:57 pm
      I do, never once stopped anyone from having an opinion but I'll still argue against something I don't agree with, 2 very different things there.....&I'm not going to go down the petty line of "you should consider allowing people to disagree with opinions that differ from your own"

Then argue against what you disagree with, not about a name when you have nothing else to come back against bud (the name chosen was for something that happened many years ago btw)

I like
      Nunez, I think we really should be hiring the best individual coach to work on his finishing and composure and he could be some player

But his poor finishing with Diaz has really hurt us this season in critical moments
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 850 posts | 166 
      Reply #1292: Apr 08, 2024 02:20:30 pm
      Is he a poor finisher ?

Is his decision making spot on?

Is his composure at the required level?

That’s three parts right there

Edit

I feel he is worth keeping in the team as he has room for improvement but he needs a couple of finishers around him imo to compensate

They're all very vague questions you're asking there though, questions you could ask of the very best in the world and the answers would still be the same.

Is he a poor finisher? At times yes.
      Is his decision making spot on? At times yes.
      Is his composure at the required level? Sometimes it is, sometimes he's erratic.

I don't watch City often but from what I've seen of them, Haaland has missed many many big chances (the most in the league according to the PL) so one could easily answer the same to those questions.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,486 posts | 217 
      Reply #1293: Apr 08, 2024 02:24:42 pm
      They're all very vague questions you're asking there though, questions you could ask of the very best in the world and the answers would still be the same.

Is he a poor finisher? At times yes.
      Is his decision making spot on? At times yes.
      Is his composure at the required level? Sometimes it is, sometimes he's erratic.

He’s missed I believe 80 percent of his clear cut chances my guy according to sky sports. That’s really bad

We got kids on here (not you btw) dazzled when Diaz and Nunez can run with the ball before losing it as they can’t pick the pass but it’s ok as they took on 2 people but what matters is end product

These guys struggle to score from 6 yards out and it’s a big problem

That’s city game where Diaz was diabolical with his finishing and United today where all of the front three were diabolical

Title winners take the points on those games and we are 4 points clear

Nunez needs to improve massively, if he is 1-1 with the keeper, you know deep inside he’s most likely to miss

If jota is 1-1 you know he’s most likely to score
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1294: Apr 08, 2024 02:27:47 pm
      Imagine people slagging Darwin after Mo's stinker of a game yesterday. Some of you need help.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,317 posts | 775 
      Reply #1295: Apr 08, 2024 03:35:25 pm
      Imagine people slagging Darwin after Mo's stinker of a game yesterday. Some of you need help.
      Fair enough....of course you could say imagine people slagging Mo off after Darwin's stinker....They were both plain bad yesterday.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1668 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1296: Apr 08, 2024 08:17:27 pm
      I just don't think his Football Brain has developed yet.

Someone correctly said it in the Match thread, he shoots when he is supposed to pass and pass when he is supposed to shoot! Drives me F***ing batty.

But then he gets a header like that. No one else is directing that towards goal from our side.

Scary when it all clicks.

Agree, his decision making can be really frustrating.  And his finishing unpredictable.

But I keep going back to the Newcastle game away. And the two goals he scored that when we were down to 10. Absolutely brilliant goals. That I couldn't see anyone else in the team scoring.   IF ONLY he could do that a little more often.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,292 posts | 1403 
      Reply #1297: Apr 08, 2024 11:05:48 pm
      His raging bull threat will only take him so far. Great presence and all that. Puts the skids under defenders but has to be backed up with real finishing. I mean I'm not asking for Robbie Fowler or Owen but has to have a bit more composure.

We craft a lot of moves, slick stuff and we need clinical clean contact by one of them to finish stuff off. Might be even more important next season when we are likely to play with more controlled attacking. Not saying our steamrolling blitz style will be a thing of the past but we will probably be more clinical and precise, given some of the current thinking.
      Don77

• 6,545 posts | 1092 
      Reply #1298: Apr 09, 2024 09:21:41 pm
      Fair enough....of course you could say imagine people slagging Mo off after Darwin's stinker....They were both plain bad yesterday.

One is world class and a legend. One of our greatest ever. Nunez just isnt good enough.

Diaz will stay in because Gakpo isnt on it. If Jota isnt playing as the 9 against palace then questions need to be asked. Another planet to nunez.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 850 posts | 166 
      Reply #1299: Apr 09, 2024 09:50:22 pm
      One is world class and a legend. One of our greatest ever. Nunez just isnt good enough.

Diaz will stay in because Gakpo isnt on it. If Jota isnt playing as the 9 against palace then questions need to be asked. Another planet to nunez.

One is 32 and the other is 24. Mo wasn't world class or a legend anywhere at 24. Nunez could easily bag 150 goals in the next 7-8 seasons if he wanted too and become a legend.

The only thing Jota has over Nunez is finishing ability. A player like Nunez is naturally gonna be on the end of way more chances than someone like Jota because he's always on the move and looking to create for himself. Jota relies heavily on service, being in the right place at the right time or the ball luckily falling to him somehow.
      « Last Edit: Apr 09, 2024 10:21:11 pm by The-AllMightyReds »
      Don77

• 6,545 posts | 1092 
      Reply #1300: Apr 11, 2024 10:59:39 pm
      One is 32 and the other is 24. Mo wasn't world class or a legend anywhere at 24. Nunez could easily bag 150 goals in the next 7-8 seasons if he wanted too and become a legend.

The only thing Jota has over Nunez is finishing ability. A player like Nunez is naturally gonna be on the end of way more chances than someone like Jota because he's always on the move and looking to create for himself. Jota relies heavily on service, being in the right place at the right time or the ball luckily falling to him somehow.

Funny. He cant even hit the target from 2 yards. Hes a fcuking donkey. It needs saying ... because its true. Coukdnt finish his dinner AGAIN tonight. And gave it to them pretty much everytime he got it. There is a reason why rival fans laugh at him. Because hes sh*te. End.Of Story.

Jota is head and shoulders better.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 850 posts | 166 
      Reply #1301: Apr 12, 2024 12:33:17 am
      Funny. He cant even hit the target from 2 yards. Hes a fcuking donkey. It needs saying ... because its true. Coukdnt finish his dinner AGAIN tonight. And gave it to them pretty much everytime he got it. There is a reason why rival fans laugh at him. Because hes sh*te. End.Of Story.

Jota is head and shoulders better.

Talk  :mad: about  :mad: over  :mad: reacting  :mad:

:mad: :mad: :mad:

What about the big chance he set up for Mo when he kept a dead ball alive, nothing about Mo not being able to finish his dinner? And the chances he and Jota got at the end when they’re playing F***ing head tennis with each other. Also Mo brainlessly running offside after Robbo’s good work, if that’s Nunez he’s getting peppered left right and centre.

« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2024 01:15:25 am by The-AllMightyReds »
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,486 posts | 217 
      Reply #1302: Apr 12, 2024 10:28:41 am
      Had he took one of his chances, we would have been fine yesterday. Love the excuses people make for a striker missing as much as this guy

A reminder, his conversion rate is at about 10 percent this year from his chances, was 11/12 yesterday they mentioned

Someone like Harry Kane has close to 30 percent

People keep talking about what he creates, I’m sorry but that’s the least he can do if he misses the amount he does. Put a different creative player with good ability and the would also create

He’s missed 80 percent of his clear cut chances in the premier league

It’s costing us

Problem is we also have Diaz who is just as bad finishing wise and gapko who is gapko

People on here see them scoring tap ins like that giga cu*t on here and then post “they can’t be that bad they scored “ as they’re used to playing fifa only. Ignoring the fact it’s taking us 5 chances for them to score one

With the amount we create, we should be scoring more as attacking quickly is our strength and not defending

Hopefully the next manager breaks our attack up next season
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #1303: Apr 12, 2024 10:35:33 am
      Been subbed twice in a row now in games we were losing.

Think that just about sums it up for him right now.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1304: Apr 12, 2024 10:58:39 am
      Fairy muff he missed chances but he couldn't have altered the eventual outcome of the game, he was not the only player who failed to score or his attempts were saved by their 'keeper!

Sometimes we look for scapegoats when an all round bad performance is to blame not a particular player.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #1305: Apr 12, 2024 10:33:25 pm
      Fairy muff he missed chances but he couldn't have altered the eventual outcome of the game, he was not the only player who failed to score or his attempts were saved by their 'keeper!

Sometimes we look for scapegoats when an all round bad performance is to blame not a particular player.

If he finished that easy chance in the first half then it could easily have altered the game let's be honest.

The keeper made it easy for him but he still fu**ed it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1306: Apr 13, 2024 08:58:25 am
      If he finished that easy chance in the first half then it could easily have altered the game let's be honest.

The keeper made it easy for him but he still fu**ed it.

It’s still a remote ‘maybe’ or ‘what if’?
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,029 posts | 529 
      Reply #1307: Apr 13, 2024 11:28:37 am
      I had no worries about him missing chances earlier in the season cos he still looked so dangerous. His movement was great and there were lots of great touches. Plus he was only just missing a lot of the chances - hitting the post etc.

But his form has fallen off a cliff in the last month. His whole game has been poor. He no longer looks like scoring, whereas previously he did. It's a form thing, it happens, nearly every player's level will fluctuate over a season. But right now he should not be starting.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,249 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1308: Apr 13, 2024 04:21:32 pm
      Seems to be losing his confidence
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #1309: Apr 13, 2024 04:26:24 pm
      Seems to be losing his confidence

Needs to be benched for a bit
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1310: Apr 13, 2024 04:30:40 pm

Thought you said he was world class? Why would you bench him?

Quick Reply