Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)

Read 81836 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)
      Reply #598: Mar 16, 2023 01:15:52 pm
      Klopp has looked tactically lost this season so yes!

So Klopp is the issue ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #599: Mar 16, 2023 01:23:12 pm

You do realise nobhead that when Klopp goes FSG are completely fu**ed!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #600: Mar 16, 2023 01:24:53 pm
      You do realise nobhead that when Klopp goes FSG are completely fu**ed!

Sorry but what’s that got to do with what I asked ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #601: Mar 16, 2023 01:28:35 pm
      Sorry but what’s that got to do with what I asked ?

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #602: Mar 16, 2023 01:36:31 pm

Are you that stupid you don’t understand what a question is ? You do see that I was “asking” someone if they thought Klopp was the issue
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #603: Mar 16, 2023 02:17:06 pm

Klopp and his coaching team have underperformed this season yes, is that controversial in any way?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #604: Mar 16, 2023 02:19:58 pm
      Are you that stupid you don’t understand what a question is ? You do see that I was “asking” someone if they thought Klopp was the issue

You are making a suggestion about Klopp as denoted by the question mark at the end of the sentence, is English not your first language?
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #605: Mar 16, 2023 02:38:31 pm
      Gakpo is a LW
      Nunez is a striker

Play your players in their best position.

Spot on.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #606: Mar 16, 2023 02:44:19 pm
      Klopp and his coaching team have underperformed this season yes, is that controversial in any way?

Not at all 🤷‍♂️
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #607: Mar 16, 2023 02:44:56 pm
      You are making a suggestion about Klopp as denoted by the question mark at the end of the sentence, is English not your first language?

I wasn’t making any suggestions- I was asking a question hence the question mark at the end - basic English
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 80 
      Reply #608: Mar 16, 2023 05:06:28 pm
      Looks like I've joined the forums at the perfect time, just when there's a bit of verbals back and forth between posters...fantastic, right up my street this, now which 1 of ya wants the brunt from the Allmighty?  ;D

Jokes aside, Nunez is a top quality operator....there's been some divide which I've seen on other boards/social media (not the best representation of fans I know!) but the majority and when I say majority I mean sensible fans are saying he's a menace for any defence....I've been very encouraged with what I've seen of him in more or less every game this season....his pace, power and movement is exactly what I want to see in a forward. The only thing I wish he'd improved was his finishing as he could be on 20-25 goals instead of 14 (but at least he's in the right positions at the right time to be able to be on the end of the chanced being created), but even that's still a decent return for a lad in his first season in Prem football and most of those appearances coming from the left. I have no doubt he'll more than justify his price tag in the next 3-4 years & moreso I truly believe he can become 1 of the very best strikers in the world once your Lewa's/Benzema's fall away in similar fashion to Suarez.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #609: Mar 16, 2023 05:08:54 pm
      I wasn’t making any suggestions- I was asking a question hence the question mark at the end - basic English

Tangled webs etc.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #610: Mar 16, 2023 05:20:26 pm

Dribbling nonsense again - time for your meds
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts | 273 
      Reply #611: Mar 16, 2023 06:31:22 pm
      Gakpo is a LW
      Nunez is a striker

Play your players in their best position.

It is possible for younger players to develop and change positions during their career. Thierry Henry came to Arsenal as a left winger and became 1 of the best CF in the history of Premier league. There are many other examples.

I probably prefer Nunez as a CF but he also looks good as a LW. Gakpo has looked good as a false 9, maybe that will be his position for us or maybe it's a temporary thing and Klopp has other plans.

We are in a period of transition and we'll need to wait and see how Klopp develops the team. Obviously we need a few more players in the squad and there are other players who need to find a fixed position in a starting 11- Elliot, Carvalho, maybe Bajcetic. 

Some players may always have less certainty about their starting position. 1 of Jota's advantages is that he can play CF and RW. It might be disadvantage for him as well because he never gets a settled run in 1 position.
      « Last Edit: Mar 16, 2023 06:37:26 pm by gazred »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #612: Mar 16, 2023 06:52:48 pm
      It is possible for younger players to develop and change positions during their career. Thierry Henry came to Arsenal as a left winger and became 1 of the best CF in the history of Premier league. There are many other examples.

I probably prefer Nunez as a CF but he also looks good as a LW. Gakpo has looked good as a false 9, maybe that will be his position for us or maybe it's a temporary thing and Klopp has other plans.

We are in a period of transition and we'll need to wait and see how Klopp develops the team. Obviously we need a few more players in the squad and there are other players who need to find a fixed position in a starting 11- Elliot, Carvalho, maybe Bajcetic. 

Some players may always have less certainty about their starting position. 1 of Jota's advantages is that he can play CF and RW. It might be disadvantage for him as well because he never gets a settled run in 1 position.

You think Nunez has the raw materials to become a Mane or Salah?

gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts | 273 
      Reply #613: Mar 16, 2023 08:51:33 pm
      You think Nunez has the raw materials to become a Mane or Salah?

I think he can be a very good player for us and can play LW or CF. I don't see any evidence that he can play false 9 or RW. My personal preference is as a CF but we'd need to have a different style of play, he's a very different CF than Bobby. Maybe if we buy a good attacking midfielder, possibly Bellingham and/or Mount we might start to play more with a traditional 9.

Klopp obviously is going to stick to 4-3-3 but there are different ways to play within that formation. I'm happy to wait and see how Klopp develops the team over the next season or 2.
      Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 873 posts | 107 
      Reply #614: Mar 17, 2023 04:28:34 am
      I don’t like how he keeps getting taken off. We look far less threatening without him.

In terms of his position, I think he’s a striker in nearly every other team, but for us, I understand why he plays as an inside forward. He doesn’t quite fit the position like Mane and Diaz though. At least not yet. He has the pace and although he’s made some good technical improvements, his skillset isn’t as deep as the aforementioned two.

I think he’d work well playing as a left sided striker in a 442 with Gakpo as his partner. Gakpo would play as more of a false 9 and would be involved in the build up. Diaz and Salah would play on the wings, and hopefully two top quality centre mids would come in who would give us the correct balance. This could certainly work in home games against smaller sides.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #615: Mar 17, 2023 09:15:13 am
      I don’t like how he keeps getting taken off. We look far less threatening without him.

I think it has been planned due to the wee muscle injury he had.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #616: May 20, 2023 06:54:21 pm
      Controversial im sure ..... but I'd be selling this summer while he still has value.

Never going to make it here. His game just isnt good enough, neither is his game intellegence. Another one who is injury prone as well. Time to cut our losses and move on. I'd rather keep Bobby than nunez.

Persisting with Flogging dead horses is whats got us in this mess to a large degree.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #617: May 20, 2023 07:32:47 pm
      Controversial im sure ..... but I'd be selling this summer while he still has value.

Never going to make it here. His game just isnt good enough, neither is his game intellegence. Another one who is injury prone as well. Time to cut our losses and move on. I'd rather keep Bobby than nunez.

Persisting with Flogging dead horses is whats got us in this mess to a large degree.
      can't see that happening, I always said I'd reserve judgement of him till the end of the season; well it's close enough. It's fair to say he's underachieved and hasn't come anywhere near what we hoped and expected. I fully expect he'll be given at least another season to come good, though I imagine a good few of us wouldn't be too distraught if an offer of £50m saw him off to pastures new. Some players just don't fit the club.
      Make or break season for him next term.
      « Last Edit: May 20, 2023 07:55:22 pm by Longy-Shops »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #618: May 20, 2023 08:26:47 pm

He’s the only player ( so far ) I haven’t expressed my opinion on at the moment. Klopp keeping him as a sub does make you think you might have a point. However, till your midfield (transfers)  sorted out I’d give him till Christmas. If things haven’t changed by then he maybe classed as another Maguire, now that would be bad.    ;D
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #619: May 20, 2023 08:38:31 pm

He is 23

It’s his first season in England and yet still managed to get double figure goal return

He had lots of raw ability and it’s going to take time to mould him

And for someone injury prone he played 42 games this season
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #620: May 20, 2023 08:56:00 pm
      He is 23

It’s his first season in England and yet still managed to get double figure goal return

He had lots of raw ability and it’s going to take time to mould him

And for someone injury prone he played 42 games this season
      Spot on. We also have to factor in that this is probably the worse season in recent memory for any new signing to come in and perform.

There's no question that his finishing, amongst other things, will have to improve, but once it is improved, he'll score a lot. Had he finished half the chances he put himself in a position to finish this season we'd be talking about a 20+ goal scorer right now.

Not guaranteeing the lad will be a success, but I also don't see what is prompting some people to call him a flop.
      « Last Edit: May 20, 2023 09:11:04 pm by PolarBearRed »

Quick Reply