Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)

Read 81754 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Re: Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)
      Reply #253: Sep 16, 2022 03:21:53 pm
      All I f**king asked was I wonder who made the signing like the Salah one. What more should I have done lit a fire and sang kumbaya?

And your knickers are pvc pink

No it wasn't "all you F***ing asked". It was this:

Is this the Queen's thread or are we actually allowed to share our opinions and ask questions about a 65m striker that can barely pass a ball?

You made a smart ass comment after asking a question that really doesn't have any basis in fact. It was well known that Nunez was long admired by Klopp. So what you were trying to do was once again wormhole the debate back to FSG. It must be their fault that our new signing isn't Messi. There's no way that Klopp wanted to sign him, signed him and now he hasn't scored as many as Haaland yet. We get it, you hate FSG...why don't you at least go hole up in that thread and keep it out of just about every other one that you post in?

And so what if my knickers are pink...what's the insinuation sweetheart?
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #254: Sep 16, 2022 03:26:46 pm
      No it wasn't "all you f**king asked". It was this:

Is this the Queen's thread or are we actually allowed to share our opinions and ask questions about a 65m striker that can barely pass a ball?

You made a smart ass comment after asking a question that really doesn't have any basis in fact. It was well known that Nunez was long admired by Klopp. So what you were trying to do was once again wormhole the debate back to FSG. It must be their fault that our new signing isn't Messi. There's no way that Klopp wanted to sign him, signed him and now he hasn't scored as many as Haaland yet. We get it, you hate FSG...why don't you at least go hole up in that thread and keep it out of just about every other one that you post in?

And so what if my knickers are pink...what's the insinuation sweetheart?

Check my first post and then the response.

The insinuation is that your knickers are pink. Does exactly what is says on the tin (can 🇺🇲)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #255: Sep 16, 2022 03:44:00 pm
      I've supported many a sh*te that's come through Anfield throughout the years. This guy struggles to pass a ball. Either way I only asked who we think made the signing and you lot are here getting your knickers in a twist because it fits your agenda.

the Agenda is to support players especially new ones who need time to adjust to a new way of playing new team mates and a new Country
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #256: Sep 16, 2022 04:02:45 pm
      Got a bit of stick when I posted that Portuguese fans on other forums were laughing at us, saying we signed the new Andy Carroll.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #257: Sep 16, 2022 04:43:24 pm
      Got a bit of stick when I posted that Portuguese fans on other forums were laughing at us, saying we signed the new Andy Carroll.

Yeah not allowed to speak what you see here mate
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #258: Sep 16, 2022 04:55:42 pm

Hoping he comes good
      Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 873 posts | 107 
      Reply #259: Sep 16, 2022 05:28:31 pm
      Is it insane to say he has the face/look of a flop? Werner always gave me similar vibes. Torres at Chelsea had that look as well.

I hope Nunez comes good. He has incredible physical attributes but he’s still very raw. I don’t know how much he can improve technically, but he looks a level below the rest of our forwards in that regard.

Despite having some reservations, I can envision Nunez tearing teams apart on Champions League nights at Anfield. He has a lot of energy and I think he could thrive during those big games, providing he’s confident.

Let’s see how things stand by the time the World Cup begins.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #260: Sep 16, 2022 05:53:31 pm
      I wonder if he was. Klopp signing or a computer signing? Like the Salah deal over the German kid which worked out well

It wasn't a computer that suggested Salah.

Michael Edwards suggested him to Klopp, you know actually doing his job!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #261: Sep 16, 2022 05:55:58 pm

Give the lad a chance first.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #262: Sep 16, 2022 05:57:52 pm
      All I f**king asked was I wonder who made the signing like the Salah one. What more should I have done lit a fire and sang kumbaya?

And your knickers are pvc pink

You hit puberty yet?

harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #263: Sep 16, 2022 06:11:39 pm
      It's fine margins.  As things stand, his G/A stats aren't great, he's had to serve a lengthy suspension for an incredibly stupid moment, and his general play isn't as polished as other options we have.  Current status = not good. 

However, Jürgen is said to be a big admirer and he does know a thing or two about footie.  Darwin was very close to scoring a worldie against the Blueshite, and he was very close to registering a beautiful assist for Diaz against Ajax.  He also had a chance that he should have buried against Ajax, but things aren't going his way at the moment.  If one or more of those would have gone his way, we may be talking about him in a different way.  Fine margins....

Hopefully he gets the rub of the green on some of these chances when we resume.  He seems to me like a player who thrives on confidence, but right now he looks desperate to not become an expensive flop and its weighing on him....
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #264: Sep 16, 2022 06:22:18 pm
      i think the worrying from some of us is normal, but I also think we should look at the situation in a logical manner. The lad has not scored a ton for us, but every time he's been on the pitch he put himself in a position to do so and looked dangerous. This is happening in the middle of our worst start to a season in recent memory. The service he's received has been subpar, the players playing around him have been subpar. He came on against Leipzig and banged 4 in, came in against City in the Community Shield and put another one in, and he also scored in the opener against Fulham. All those games or moments in games have been periods of time where the team was actually turned on and playing our football. On top of that I think he hit a couple of crossbars and narrowly missed a couple of others. Had he scored a couple more so far and people would be ecstatic.

He does miss, and his finishing has not been the best so far, but I wouldn't worry when our manager has a track records of taking forwards and bringing them into the next level: Lewandowski, Aubameyang, Barrios, Salah, Firmino, Jota, etc. Jürgen will make him score tons, but everything takes time. Some people are getting rattled because they bought into the stupid Haaland v Nunez comparisons on social media when it was clear that those were two players you cant compare. One is a damn near finished product with talent we haven't seen in a very long time while the other is a promising forward with promising physical and mental attributes, but still is not nearly what Haaland is. The only similar thing between those two is the ''pricetag'' people keep throwing around when in fact we know that City had to pay about triple the amount they ''officially'' paid.

All of that and I'm not even talking about the time it takes for some players to adapt to a new league, system, environment , etc. Just wait and see what happens. There's no sense in coming here panicking and jumping to conclusions after, what, 5 games? All of that in the middle of a season start that has us cursing every player in the team except the goalkeeper.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #265: Sep 16, 2022 09:11:26 pm
      i think the worrying from some of us is normal, but I also think we should look at the situation in a logical manner. The lad has not scored a ton for us, but every time he's been on the pitch he put himself in a position to do so and looked dangerous. This is happening in the middle of our worst start to a season in recent memory. The service he's received has been subpar, the players playing around him have been subpar. He came on against Leipzig and banged 4 in, came in against City in the Community Shield and put another one in, and he also scored in the opener against Fulham. All those games or moments in games have been periods of time where the team was actually turned on and playing our football. On top of that I think he hit a couple of crossbars and narrowly missed a couple of others. Had he scored a couple more so far and people would be ecstatic.

He does miss, and his finishing has not been the best so far, but I wouldn't worry when our manager has a track records of taking forwards and bringing them into the next level: Lewandowski, Aubameyang, Barrios, Salah, Firmino, Jota, etc. Jürgen will make him score tons, but everything takes time. Some people are getting rattled because they bought into the stupid Haaland v Nunez comparisons on social media when it was clear that those were two players you cant compare. One is a damn near finished product with talent we haven't seen in a very long time while the other is a promising forward with promising physical and mental attributes, but still is not nearly what Haaland is. The only similar thing between those two is the ''pricetag'' people keep throwing around when in fact we know that City had to pay about triple the amount they ''officially'' paid.

All of that and I'm not even talking about the time it takes for some players to adapt to a new league, system, environment , etc. Just wait and see what happens. There's no sense in coming here panicking and jumping to conclusions after, what, 5 games? All of that in the middle of a season start that has us cursing every player in the team except the goalkeeper.

Considering the price tag it's not surprising there are fans getting a bit concerned, with a fee like that I think a lot of us thought he'd hit the ground running and, at the very least look the part. There will be ups and downs with the lad. not a great start, but I'll judge him at the end of the season..it's too early to write him off.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #266: Sep 16, 2022 10:50:14 pm
      I think he looks good enough. My only doubt is about his mentality after that seriously stupid red card on his big occasion. He has put himself under pressure by doing that as well, and I think that is why he has struggled a bit since, having looked good before it. Bottom line is we need to get behind him. He is talented and has shown flashes of real quality. Hopefully that red was a blip or something he'll learn from. If so, I think he'll end up being a good striker for us.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #267: Sep 17, 2022 09:27:37 am
      Who would I rather have some half arsed kid from the academy or this potential nutter who is here to prove his worth? Well Nunez is going to come good and score plenty of goals, the red card thing pissed me off but showed me he how much he wants things, oh yeah a big point in all of this is what I say to people when they question him, would we rather have a player who needs to settle in for a year to feel he's part of the team, like a Keita or whatever, no we want a player coming here full of themselves and also loving the new team they have,
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #268: Sep 24, 2022 07:39:43 pm
      He’s trending all the time on Twitter for basically being sh*te - clips of him doing crap shots in training etc.

I hope this kid has thick skin otherwise it’s over before it begins. Just needs a nice run of games and goals to shut everyone up.
      RickRed
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts | 12 
      Reply #269: Sep 25, 2022 10:31:46 pm
      Rival fans trolling on Twitter, there was also one ferocious shot that the goalkeeper touched over the bar I think it was going over anyway.😀
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #270: Sep 26, 2022 08:47:41 pm
      This is one of the reasons i dont think he's gunna make it. He put something on twitter after a load of hate from rival fans in preseason. Doesn't look good when he's nibbling at crappy bait in preseason. Let alone now when we're in the thick of things
      He’s trending all the time on Twitter for basically being sh*te - clips of him doing crap shots in training etc.

I hope this kid has thick skin otherwise it’s over before it begins. Just needs a nice run of games and goals to shut everyone up.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #271: Sep 26, 2022 10:32:53 pm
      This is one of the reasons i dont think he's gunna make it. He put something on twitter after a load of hate from rival fans in preseason. Doesn't look good when he's nibbling at crappy bait in preseason. Let alone now when we're in the thick of things

No different to Virgil having a whinge post game after criticism from ex players. Difference is Virgil is a 30year old that should know how to handle it.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #272: Sep 26, 2022 11:03:53 pm
      I think this lad should disable his social media accounts for a couple of months and focus on training and games. He trends a lot which is normal, but what is not normal is that whenever you see him play you can feel he's trying to answer the online stuff. Just put your head down and play your game, none of that military salute emojis nonsense and those after the game tweets and things will work out by themselves.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #273: Sep 27, 2022 06:05:51 am
      I think this lad should disable his social media accounts for a couple of months and focus on training and games. He trends a lot which is normal, but what is not normal is that whenever you see him play you can feel he's trying to answer the online stuff. Just put your head down and play your game, none of that military salute emojis nonsense and those after the game tweets and things will work out by themselves.

I’ve heard this said a couple times now with a few fans, may have a point.
      HarryJules12
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #274: Sep 27, 2022 09:28:13 am
      Darwin has that drive that'll see him succeed here. I don't think he'll set the league alight this season, but no doubt that he'll be a top Premier League player next.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #275: Sep 27, 2022 11:02:07 am
      Seems to be wound up too easily, certainly needs to calm down, to make a success of his career, especially playing for LFC. I am sure Darwin has the ability, to succeed it is his temperament, maybe in question.

Quick Reply