Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)

Read 81760 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)
      Reply #391: Oct 30, 2022 09:53:19 am
      Can’t blame him for last night, we have been just as sh*te if does or doesn’t play 🤷‍♂️
      Hopeinmyheart
      • Banned

• 64 posts |
      Reply #392: Oct 30, 2022 11:36:19 am
      We didn't sign him for defending. We signed him to finish chancea and he doesn't. His lack of ability to finish cost us last night and nearly cost us against City.

We are looking silly, not intended at you as I've seen many of these vids floating about, when we're praising him for nearly shots etc and fans are making vids of him. It's like we're trying to find anything to hold on to instead of facing the harsh reality that this guy is poor and we signed signed him for massive bucks.
      Hopeinmyheart
      • Banned

• 64 posts |
      Reply #393: Oct 30, 2022 11:37:16 am
      Can’t blame him for last night, we have been just as sh*te if does or doesn’t play 🤷‍♂️

Mate if he finished his chances, like he's meant to for 65 mil, we would have won that. Klopp's been playing him LW because he's realised this guy is useless.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #394: Oct 30, 2022 11:41:27 am
      Mate if he finished his chances, like he's meant to for 65 mil, we would have won that. Klopp's been playing him LW because he's realised this guy is useless.

Don’t be daft, you could just as easily say we could have won that if Bobby had put his chances away or have you considered if Leeds had put their chances away!

The performance last night is not down to one player alone.

Hopeinmyheart
      • Banned

• 64 posts |
      Reply #395: Oct 30, 2022 12:43:48 pm
      Don’t be daft, you could just as easily say we could have won that if Bobby had put his chances away or have you considered if Leeds had put their chances away!

The performance last night is not down to one player alone.

Bobby also mate. He isn't free from this.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #396: Oct 30, 2022 01:41:28 pm
      Any critic of our forwards, at the moment, is laughable. We absolutely create nothing for them. We can't even keep hold of the ball for long enough to pretend we are trying to create anything. As far as I'm concerned, what I saw from him, Bobby, Mo and the other guys when fit indicates that if we fix our middle of the park problems as well as our defensive ones, those guys will score loads of goals. 
      Hopeinmyheart
      • Banned

• 64 posts |
      Reply #397: Oct 30, 2022 01:59:23 pm
      Any critic of our forwards, at the moment, is laughable. We absolutely create nothing for them. We can't even keep hold of the ball for long enough to pretend we are trying to create anything. As far as I'm concerned, what I saw from him, Bobby, Mo and the other guys when fit indicates that if we fix our middle of the park problems as well as our defensive ones, those guys will score loads of goals.

He was presented to 1 on 1s yesterday. He converted zero. I'd like to know his 1 on 1 stats since he joined us. It must be horrendous
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #398: Oct 30, 2022 02:02:57 pm
      This guy, for that money, is as poor as they come

Which striker should we have bought?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #399: Oct 30, 2022 02:05:25 pm
      He was presented to 1 on 1s yesterday. He converted zero. I'd like to know his 1 on 1 stats since he joined us. It must be horrendous

Still a raw striker, but then again you're the type to compare him to Haaland. Haaland who has been through every elite development programme there is compared a to a streetwise South American kid who's probably had to fight for everything  you give young strikers like home time as he is currently  settling into the team.
      Hopeinmyheart
      • Banned

• 64 posts |
      Reply #400: Oct 30, 2022 02:09:36 pm
      Still a raw striker, but then again you're the type to compare him to Haaland. Haaland who has been through every elite development programme there is compared a to a streetwise South American kid who's probably had to fight for everything  you give young strikers like home time as he is currently  settling into the team.

I've got about 10 posts since I joined. Find me one where I mentioned Haaland let alone compared. Just one post. Shouldn't take you long.

65m on a "raw" striker whilst our midfield stinks to sh*t?

Edit: I have 48 posts including this one. Might take you 10 mins.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #401: Oct 30, 2022 02:16:19 pm
      I'm not saying he didn't miss, but forwards do miss and will always miss. The thing is you can't constantly concede one or two goals in the opening minutes and then look at the forwards for redemption and blame them if redemption does not come. Especially, when the service provided to those forwards is next to inexistant and of very low quality. Lots of problems elsewhere in the team yet, constantly, the people who get the most stick after each game is the forwards. Its natural because that's what people remember, the miss that could've won us the game, but not the countless mistakes before that. Normal, but still the wrong reaction.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #402: Oct 30, 2022 04:53:27 pm

Why not concentrate on things he can do . I would like you to see Salahs heading conversion rate it must be horrendous , or Bobby's conversion rate from 16 yards plus Can you see where I am going
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #403: Oct 30, 2022 04:56:25 pm
      The reaction to Nunez is a small window of the fickle nature of some fans - it’s part of the demand instant success attitude that people have at the moment
      Hopeinmyheart
      • Banned

• 64 posts |
      Reply #404: Oct 30, 2022 05:12:40 pm
      Why not concentrate on things he can do . I would like you to see Salahs heading conversion rate it must be horrendous , or Bobby's conversion rate from 16 yards plus Can you see where I am going

What does he do well? I see a player that can't make a simple pass, can't hold play up, doesn't pick the right pass in key situations, gets in the way of other players and misses 1 on 1s consitently. I see a really poor player. I don't see a "raw" player I see a poor one.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #405: Oct 30, 2022 07:06:43 pm

Useless?

Give the lad a break, he is scoring for us and making himself a nuisance for the opposition defence. We can all see he isn't the most clinical of finishers but he for sure will get us goals.

Also takeaway his attacking side, you still have a player who is willing to do the dirty work for the team with his pressing and constant running back, that is something Klopp will love.

Not the finished article, but far from useless.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #406: Oct 30, 2022 07:18:37 pm
      Useless?

Give the lad a break, he is scoring for us and making himself a nuisance for the opposition defence. We can all see he isn't the most clinical of finishers but he for sure will get us goals.

Also takeaway his attacking side, you still have a player who is willing to do the dirty work for the team with his pressing and constant running back, that is something Klopp will love.

Not the finished article, but far from useless.

I personally think he’s going to be superb.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #407: Oct 30, 2022 07:21:41 pm
      I personally think he’s going to be superb.

Me too mate, me too.

At first I was a bit sceptical but seeing more of him he has shown he can have a great first touch, he can hold up the ball well, he can make the right pass, he can track back, he can make intelligent runs, and maybe most importantly he can score goals. He has shown he can do a lot, we just need to be patient with him.

PS: I think his pace when both his team mates and him learn how to utilise it could be his best asset.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #408: Oct 30, 2022 07:31:53 pm
      Me too mate, me too.

At first I was a bit sceptical but seeing more of him he has shown he can have a great first touch, he can hold up the ball well, he can make the right pass, he can track back, he can make intelligent runs, and maybe most importantly he can score goals. He has shown he can do a lot, we just need to be patient with him.

PS: I think his pace when both his team mates and him learn how to utilise it could be his best asset.

He is just different to what we have had over the years - he will miss chances , he will make poor passes because he is still developing his game. I think he is the exact sort of player Klopp loves - him through the middle with Mo one side - Diaz the other could be Lethal
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #409: Oct 31, 2022 07:32:44 am
      He is just different to what we have had over the years - he will miss chances , he will make poor passes because he is still developing his game. I think he is the exact sort of player Klopp loves - him through the middle with Mo one side - Diaz the other could be Lethal

Honestly... I find it quite difficult to understand how finishing can be considered "player development" when talking about a professional footballer that plays as a striker - this is hardly a skill you are expected to coach into a 23yo top level player, is it not? Isn't that like, a prerequisite :D

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #410: Oct 31, 2022 01:47:14 pm
      Honestly... I find it quite difficult to understand how finishing can be considered "player development" when talking about a professional footballer that plays as a striker - this is hardly a skill you are expected to coach into a 23yo top level player, is it not? Isn't that like, a prerequisite :D

Finishing comes and goes with confidence in some players. Look at Torres after being with us, look at Werner after leaving Leipzig, already got four in 9 games since his return there. Confidence is something that can play a huge difference and at the minute his confidence isn't where it needs to be, partly due to him getting that red card and also due to him not being able to get a real consistent run of games which he is starting to get now.

jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #411: Oct 31, 2022 06:43:21 pm
      Finishing comes and goes with confidence in some players. Look at Torres after being with us, look at Werner after leaving Leipzig, already got four in 9 games since his return there. Confidence is something that can play a huge difference and at the minute his confidence isn't where it needs to be, partly due to him getting that red card and also due to him not being able to get a real consistent run of games which he is starting to get now.

Fair, yeah.

I really hope it works out for him, he has the physical attributes to be an absolute monster.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 751 
      Reply #412: Oct 31, 2022 09:16:09 pm
      I think Nunez will turn out to be a very decent player for the team, certainly, hope so !
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #413: Nov 01, 2022 10:22:08 am
      Another belter for the ignore button in this thread. l o l

Quick Reply