Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)

Read 81855 times
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Re: Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)
      Reply #414: Nov 01, 2022 10:42:00 am
      Honestly... I find it quite difficult to understand how finishing can be considered "player development" when talking about a professional footballer that plays as a striker - this is hardly a skill you are expected to coach into a 23yo top level player, is it not? Isn't that like, a prerequisite :D

You seriously don't think players can work on and develop their finishing??? Wow...

You should have a look at how Lewandowski developped over time. At Dortmund, he was very wasteful. With Bayern and now Barcelona, he was and is arguably the most lethal striker. His improvement was massive. Yet, he was around 26 when he moved to Bayern...
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,696 posts | 837 
      Reply #415: Nov 01, 2022 10:01:56 pm
      That's what now, 5 goals in his last 7 games?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #416: Nov 01, 2022 10:02:38 pm
      That's what now, 5 goals in his last 7 games?

Completely useless.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #417: Nov 01, 2022 10:02:54 pm

Embarrassing how useless really.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #418: Nov 01, 2022 10:06:57 pm
      Embarrassing how useless really.

Just a waste of money
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #419: Nov 01, 2022 10:24:35 pm
      What does he do well? I see a player that can't make a simple pass, can't hold play up, doesn't pick the right pass in key situations, gets in the way of other players and misses 1 on 1s consitently. I see a really poor player. I don't see a "raw" player I see a poor one.

Quiet tonight cocker. Or will you be back on when he misses a chance or fails to make a pass spouting sh*te again
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #420: Nov 02, 2022 12:26:09 am
      Quiet tonight cocker. Or will you be back on when he misses a chance or fails to make a pass spouting sh*te again

He was banned yesterday bro ;D
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #421: Nov 03, 2022 01:58:32 pm
      Henry had a beautiful breakdown of Darwin the other day. Very insightful. He seems to be a big fan. Guy knows a thing or two about Strikers 😏
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #422: Nov 03, 2022 02:29:07 pm

Ha ha! Was that that Salah10 / Klopp22 / Newdawn c**t again??

That guy is a tragedy!  :laugh:
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #423: Nov 03, 2022 02:59:23 pm
      Henry had a beautiful breakdown of Darwin the other day. Very insightful. He seems to be a big fan. Guy knows a thing or two about Strikers 😏

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8KgQVyt5FI

A mate shared this with me last night. It's quite insightful. Rather than focussing on the skill of finishing he talks more about mind-set and confidence and the calmness that comes to a striker when these two factors are aligned as they need to be. He references himself and his earlier struggles to find the net and also the difference between a young Luis Suarez and the player he went on to become.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #424: Nov 03, 2022 08:55:04 pm
      Honestly... I find it quite difficult to understand how finishing can be considered "player development" when talking about a professional footballer that plays as a striker - this is hardly a skill you are expected to coach into a 23yo top level player, is it not? Isn't that like, a prerequisite :D

Simple example would be Robbie Fowler about 93/94ish in a game against Arsenal at Anfield, handful of chances didn't convert one, a year later in the same fixture he bags a hattrick in three minutes.

Suarez's first season here smashing shots off the crossbar, once he started get going, goals from all over the place.

Nunez will come good.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,138 posts | 1193 
      Reply #425: Nov 03, 2022 09:30:18 pm
      Simple example would be Robbie Fowler about 93/94ish in a game against Arsenal at Anfield, handful of chances didn't convert one, a year later in the same fixture he bags a hattrick in three minutes.

Suarez's first season here smashing shots off the crossbar, once he started get going, goals from all over the place.

Nunez will come good.

Agree with this. They aren't very similar types of player (apart from being a bit mental) but it is certainly true that Suarez was renowned for his radar being a bit off in front of goal to begin with, not by much mind, before scoring bundles in all manner of ways. I'm sure Nunez will score more consistently -- 1 in 2 isn't a bad start to be fair.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #426: Nov 04, 2022 05:47:02 am
      Finishing comes and goes with confidence in some players. Look at Torres after being with us, look at Werner after leaving Leipzig, already got four in 9 games since his return there. Confidence is something that can play a huge difference and at the minute his confidence isn't where it needs to be, partly due to him getting that red card and also due to him not being able to get a real consistent run of games which he is starting to get now.

Throw in the fact that he doesn't know a word of English and is being translated everything via our Brazilian lads and Luis Diaz.

Quiete remarkable the amount of goals he has already.

Imagine with a full season under his belt.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #427: Nov 04, 2022 09:16:28 am

Nunez will come good.

spot on
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #428: Nov 04, 2022 02:13:51 pm

Nunez will come good.

I'm ignoring this due to the clear and obvious rules set out when discussing footballers that evidence, justification and common sense are not allowed to be used.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #429: Nov 11, 2022 12:41:21 pm
      I know Diaz and Jota are missing, but I wish Klopp would instruct Darwin to stay in the middle. I really feel we are not utilising him as best as we can
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #430: Nov 11, 2022 04:55:47 pm
      I know Diaz and Jota are missing, but I wish Klopp would instruct Darwin to stay in the middle. I really feel we are not utilising him as best as we can

He very often played from the left at Benfica. Either he started there, or he drifted there.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #431: Nov 12, 2022 06:11:26 am
      A goal against the Saints today, would be great !

gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts | 273 
      Reply #432: Nov 12, 2022 11:09:47 am

He's better on the left side than Bobby and Klopp obviously feels that Carvalho is not ready for the starting 11 in the Prem. Therefore, Darwin is the best option to cover the wide left position. He's done a good job tracking back and helping Robbo.
      I agree with your general point. We bought him as a CF and need him to play there as much as possible to develop in the team.
      I assume he'll be out left today, he did a good job for the team when he played there. Hopefully it will be his last game there for a long time because Diaz and possibly Jota will be fit after WC and Darwin will be playing more central.

Where does he play for Uruguay? Be interesting to see him in WC.
      « Last Edit: Nov 12, 2022 02:58:45 pm by gazred »
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #433: Nov 12, 2022 08:19:46 pm
      I'll be honest with you, I'm starting to think Nunez isn't the player we hoped he would be. Early days but I remain unconvinced.
      What a complete and utter tosser you are.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #434: Nov 12, 2022 08:20:33 pm
      What a complete and utter tosser you are.

:lmao:👏👏
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #435: Nov 12, 2022 08:40:07 pm
      Loved his movement for the first making sure he got back on side and timing his run
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #436: Nov 12, 2022 08:42:30 pm
      Great to see Darwin on the scoresheet today, with a couple of goals, before the WC break !

Quick Reply