Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)

Read 81812 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)
      Reply #460: Dec 17, 2022 06:33:55 pm
      Think his goals summed him up so far, one good one bad but both importantly are goals. Keep them coming I say.

Exactly - he’s in the right positions which is half the battle
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #461: Dec 17, 2022 07:32:24 pm
      Exactly - he’s in the right positions which is half the battle

The main thing is they all count, once they hit the back of the net.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #462: Dec 18, 2022 01:50:03 am
      The main thing is they all count, once they hit the back of the net.

Spot on, don't care if it comes off his arse cheek, as long as it goes in for us!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #463: Dec 22, 2022 09:58:20 pm
      We fu**ed up man. This kids a train wreck. His finishing is sh*t. Most of his goals are ugly af and shanks. Worried about our recruitment lately
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #464: Dec 22, 2022 10:04:38 pm
      Got a bit of Mikhael Antonio about him the way he causes absolute chaos but also just isn't very naturally gifted.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #465: Dec 22, 2022 10:08:03 pm
      We fu**ed up man. This kids a train wreck. His finishing is sh*t. Most of his goals are ugly af and shanks. Worried about our recruitment lately

:mad:
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #466: Dec 22, 2022 10:10:01 pm
      Got a bit of Mikhael Antonio about him the way he causes absolute chaos but also just isn't very naturally gifted.

Club record signing mate.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #467: Dec 22, 2022 10:13:12 pm

Indeed. Maybe some day people will learn that how much a player costs means jack sh*t in regards to how good he is or successful he'll be.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #468: Dec 22, 2022 10:18:26 pm

Yep. There is something there. He can score goals and get assists but if he was a natural finisher he'd be insane.

As it is hes very raw and difficult on the eye.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #469: Dec 22, 2022 10:22:55 pm
      Think the fella gets in his own head too much, the first one he took an age to shoot and it seemed like thought he was offside. The last chance he wanted to square it badly but when it wasn't on just took a half hearted shot.

Still strongly believe once this lad gets some real confidence brewing he will be unplayable.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #470: Dec 23, 2022 12:47:22 am
      Gotta confess I cursed at my TV a few times watching him tonight. Lots of very good chances, but very poor strikes of the ball, even when given a second or two to control, raise his head and take the shot. Other than his finishing, he needs to work on his emotions and mental toughness. You can tell that when he gets a scoring chance thoughts are rushing through his head and he wants to pull the perfect strike. Two or three times tonight he tries to find the bottom left corner from the right hand side of the box and he goes for the perfect shot and ends up pulling it wide. If you already tried that two times and its not coming off for you tonight then next time you're in a good position just put it on the target, mate. Just blast that ball in between the sticks and see what happens, force a save, take the goalkeepers hands off, anything really. Watching your shot from a good position being saved is already much better than pulling it wide for the 3rd time in a row. Then you build on that, I mean you do put yourself in those scoring positions much more than the average striker, you can afford to try something else other than the ''perfect finish'' when your feet-eyes coordination is not 100% on the night.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Reply #471: Dec 23, 2022 12:08:45 pm
      It was a strange one last night, previously most of his shots would be on target but saved, last night he couldn't hit a barn door.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #472: Dec 23, 2022 12:13:57 pm
      It was a strange one last night, previously most of his shots would be on target but saved, last night he couldn't hit a barn door.

Hitting the back of the opposition's net, must be his main  priority !
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #473: Dec 23, 2022 12:23:46 pm
      Indeed. Maybe some day people will learn that how much a player costs means jack sh*t in regards to how good he is or successful he'll be.
      I haven’t seen anyone suggest we should spend a sh*t ton of money on sh*t players. Mostly people want us to spend a sh*t ton of money on quality players. 
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #474: Dec 24, 2022 02:37:45 am
      Honestly it's a mixture of worrying and depressing that you're banking on the possibility that your record signing striker will learn how to f**king strike a ball. I can understand him not scoring on the chances he had yesterday, but it's more about how he missed them. The fact that he looked so confused when in scoring positions is just worrisome. Almost looked like a CB that suddenly found himself 1 on 1 and has no idea what to do.

On the bright (?) side, if someone just tells him to absolutely punt the ball in the goals general direction and he listens, we might see him scoring on some of those chances. Kid actually has a rocket of a right foot, but he's not pulling the trigger. He seems to be timing his runs better and actually getting in great positions but you can see he's mentally not on that razor edge strikers need to be. Hopefully he can get there, I dunno. Fingers crossed.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #475: Dec 24, 2022 03:39:43 am
      Honestly it's a mixture of worrying and depressing that you're banking on the possibility that your record signing striker will learn how to f**king strike a ball. I can understand him not scoring on the chances he had yesterday, but it's more about how he missed them. The fact that he looked so confused when in scoring positions is just worrisome. Almost looked like a CB that suddenly found himself 1 on 1 and has no idea what to do.

On the bright (?) side, if someone just tells him to absolutely punt the ball in the goals general direction and he listens, we might see him scoring on some of those chances. Kid actually has a rocket of a right foot, but he's not pulling the trigger. He seems to be timing his runs better and actually getting in great positions but you can see he's mentally not on that razor edge strikers need to be. Hopefully he can get there, I dunno. Fingers crossed.
      It's precisely this. He wants to finish each chance with total accuracy (''the perfect striker's finish''). He is capable of doing so, but mentally he's just not there and he also breaks down, mentally, pretty quickly if he misses a couple of good chances in a row. Three of his misses yesterday were the direct result of him wanting to strike the ball with power and perfect accuracy at the same time and he ends up doing none of those two things as a result of his lack of composure. Someone needs to tell him to just blast the ball as powerful as he can in between the 3 bars. It doesn't matter, he just needs to blast it on target for the next 10 games or so and he will score tons because game after game he is in the correct place at the correct time. I know it sounds dumb to say that about a striker, but everything he does, other than his finishing, is more than decent. He's actually an 8+/10 in every other department (defending, pressing, aerial duels, smart runs, etc.).

Anyway, he's young, lots of pressure and he hasn't even played 20 games yet with us let alone a whole season. He'll come good. One thing Klopp knows how to do is get a forward firing. I don't see no panic from anybody other than us, the fans and its mainly triggered by social media where things are blown completely out of proportions. 
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #476: Dec 24, 2022 12:24:35 pm
      His first touch/ball control is worse than his finishing.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #477: Dec 24, 2022 02:12:41 pm
      I am confident an extended run in the side will see him score quite a few goals for the team.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #478: Dec 24, 2022 03:30:29 pm
      Smash it. He gets into the areas to score, just blast it with laces for a while.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #479: Dec 24, 2022 06:14:25 pm
      I am confident an extended run in the side will see him score quite a few goals for the team.

Before the World Cup break he score 7 goals in last 10 games so he was finding his stride. Poor World Cup for him hopefully isn't going to follow to his club form
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #480: Dec 24, 2022 10:30:35 pm
      Before the World Cup break he score 7 goals in last 10 games so he was finding his stride. Poor World Cup for him hopefully isn't going to follow to his club form

Apparently he wasn't in the Christmas picture. I know I gave him crap for poor finishing, but we need him. And the last thing we need is ANOTHER front 3 injury
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #481: Dec 24, 2022 10:59:42 pm
      I actually share the concerns some of you have about him.

Really think he could go either way. He gets in great positions and his scoring record is good but I do have a nagging doubt that he could just as easily be a bit of a dud.

Time will tell but I hope my slight fears are nonsense.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #482: Dec 24, 2022 11:32:50 pm

Quick Reply