Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)

Read 87204 times
      Keith Singleton and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Re: Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)
      Reply #621: May 20, 2023 11:55:50 pm
      There's no question that his finishing, amongst other things, will have to improve, but once it is improved, he'll score a lot. Had he finished half the chances he put himself in a position to finish this season we'd be talking about a 20+ goal scorer right now.

People often forget how bad Suarez was with his finishing during his first year. Then one day, it clicked and he started scoring goals for fun.

Fingers crossed the same will happen with Nunez.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1084 
      Reply #622: Jun 17, 2023 05:39:38 pm
      Looks like he's getting the 9 shirt
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #623: Jul 13, 2023 11:03:16 am
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #624: Jul 13, 2023 11:37:18 am
      Class. Expecting big this from nunez this season.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,277 posts | 762 
      Reply #625: Jul 13, 2023 12:10:16 pm
      Class. Expecting big this from nunez this season.

Yeah a few more goals, from Nunez this season. He has had enough time to settle into the side.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #626: Jul 13, 2023 12:10:53 pm
      Surely a starter with that number, right?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #627: Jul 13, 2023 12:22:01 pm
      Surely a starter with that number, right?

TBH. I think nunez, diaz & Jota will be rotated a lot.

Hopefully all stay fit and give klopp a headache. ;-)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #628: Jul 13, 2023 01:45:14 pm
      TBH. I think nunez, diaz & Jota will be rotated a lot.

Hopefully all stay fit and give klopp a headache. ;-)

Yep, we have Mo, Jota, Darwin, Diaz, backed up by Mac, Gakpo & Szlob, plenty of rotation & versatility, think we’ll be fine 🤣🤣.

YNWA
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #629: Jul 24, 2023 08:20:07 pm
      He needs to continue to work hard.

Show them!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #630: Jul 24, 2023 09:25:39 pm
      Two lovely finishes tbf and assist as well
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #631: Jul 24, 2023 09:45:44 pm
      Superb goals, superb assist.

Looks on fire
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      Reply #632: Jul 24, 2023 09:52:14 pm
      Our Darwin is a confidence player, we need him starting games, especially when he keeps scoring, pre season or not.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #633: Jul 25, 2023 09:11:48 pm
      Looked in good touch yesterday with a couple of well taken goals. There were also a couple of instances where his hold up play with his back to goal was good. This is deffo an area he needed to improve so it’s been a bright start to the pre season.

RC9 is right though, such a confidence player.
      Bleedingred
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 486 posts | 79 
      Reply #634: Jul 26, 2023 12:13:26 am
      Our Darwin is a confidence player, we need him starting games, especially when he keeps scoring, pre season or not.

I think he struggles with pressure. When the chips are low he opens up and plays woth freedom but when the lights are on he panics and smashes anything that comes his way. Idk if it can be cured. We shall see. I'll back him this year for sure.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,194 posts | 1205 
      Reply #635: Jul 26, 2023 12:45:52 am
      Feel like some of the players we've signed have Darwin in mind, Dom in particular who likes to find space, get his head up and make intelligent plays. Mac is also plenty capable of laying them up. Expect a fair few assists. Really looking forward to see what Darwin can do in a new look Liverpool team.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 850 
      Reply #636: Jul 26, 2023 01:44:12 am
      I think he struggles with pressure. When the chips are low he opens up and plays woth freedom but when the lights are on he panics and smashes anything that comes his way. Idk if it can be cured. We shall see. I'll back him this year for sure.
      It's specifically the job of the manager and when it comes to this we are quite lucky as we have one of the best men manager in this business. Jürgen knows how to take a striker full of potential like Darwin and turn them into a machine. His track record speaks for itself.

Like others have mentioned, Darwin needs the pressure to be taken off his mind in order to perform. I'll go ahead and say that last season couldn't have been much worse in terms of the combination of elements of pressure put on him, the most important one being the team's performances. If I'm coming to a new team in a new league with a huge price tag hanging over my head, the last think I want is this team's season to suddenly depend on if I'll score a lot or not and that's exactly what happened to him. Despite all that, I'd argue his numbers were decent for a first season and in such circumstances.

I reckon if we start the season reasonably well and the team is not pushed into the same cycle of bad results, bad press and mounting pressure, he'll perform just fine and his confidence will grow quite quickly.

I'll go ahead and say that 20 goals is a good target for a second season and I'll be satisfied if he reaches it. Anything above 20 will be a very welcome bonus.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #637: Jul 26, 2023 01:00:57 pm
      Darwin is going to be awesome this season score lots of goals and set up Mo game after game.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #638: Jul 26, 2023 01:23:38 pm

The record goalscorer at the club couldn't hit a barn door when he first arrived.

Nunez will be fine.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      Reply #639: Jul 26, 2023 03:07:08 pm

I think its all to do with consistency and confidence, the more he gets in on goal and scores the more he will step up when the chips are high. But what will hold him back in my opinion is if he gets dropped after a few good performances, his head will go and when he is introduced again he will start to second guess himself and it will show in his play.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #640: Jul 26, 2023 08:07:18 pm

He hasn’t had to deal with the expected pressure he’ll have joining a massive club like ours, you can get away with the odd lapse with his previous club but at Liverpool there’s not much room for error, so he’s well aware the pressure is definitely on, his rawness speaks volumes, he’s desperate to impress so when he doesn’t or makes mistakes the pressure builds ten fold,

There are plenty in that dressing room who will help him, Mo obviously,  Jota, etc, it’s early yet but it looks like he’s a different animal already in pre season, however pre season game’s are not exactly a real test of his nerves, that’ll come in time, also,for the most part he’s played out left, slightly unusual/ unfamiliar for him, the change in system with him as a proper 9 will suit him to a tee, and again pre season thus far he’s shown signs of promise, holding up play and his relationship with Mo improving all the time,

Keep backup him mate, cos we got a beast, a beast once he has fine tuned his rawness will be every bit as dangerous as that blonde fella at Eastlands, Klopp don’t buy flops,  I always look at the bigger picture, and his picture looks awesome 😁😁😁😁😁😁

YNWA
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #641: Jul 28, 2023 01:56:54 am
      I reckon he will be banging them in for fun.

Primed for a massive Season.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 720 posts | 124 
      Reply #642: Jul 28, 2023 09:28:13 am
      I reckon he will be banging them in for fun.

Primed for a massive Season.

This. Get the midfield functioning and Darwin will definitely benefit from a good supply.
      He's hopefully going to have a good pre-season and dear God, he has learned some English over the summer, hahaha....
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 720 posts | 124 
      Reply #643: Aug 01, 2023 06:04:27 pm
      A double or triple helping of this in the coming new season please....

https://youtu.be/ZG7S2fpC6-g

Quick Reply