Trending Topics

Next match: Arsenal v LFC [Friendly] Thu 1st Aug @ 12:30 am
      Lincoln Financial Field

Today is the 27th of July and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W3 D4 L3

Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)

Read 115174 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,641 posts | 1824 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)
      Reply #1150: Jan 24, 2024 09:35:19 am
      i can see him getting 20 in all comps no probs.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,315 posts | 3404 
      Reply #1151: Jan 24, 2024 10:52:33 am
      Whoever the two lads are on sky this morning, they've been giving him lots of credit. Made a nice change to hear people on the telly actually giving him his dues.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #1152: Jan 24, 2024 01:14:01 pm
      Shay Given thinks would’ve saved all of Darwin’s shots. That’s how bad he thinks Darwin is…

Shay Given has a jumped up opinion of himself, probably the reason he dumped his wife for a younger woman!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #1153: Jan 24, 2024 01:16:43 pm
      Whoever the two lads are on sky this morning, they've been giving him lots of credit. Made a nice change to hear people on the telly actually giving him his dues.

His overall game is good, christ there were one or two defensive blocks at the end of the Bournemouth game. It's just being more clinical for a striker is the only thing I'd worry about. Comparing him to Carroll is a F***ing Insult to Nunez's game.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,582 posts | 6459 
      Reply #1154: Jan 24, 2024 01:23:48 pm
      If he had put away most of those chances that he's missed he'd be considered the best striker in the world (right now) no doubt. Kid's got something to him and he should only get sharper the older and more experienced he gets.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,629 posts | 5034 
      Reply #1155: Jan 25, 2024 12:38:21 pm
      His overall game is good, christ there were one or two defensive blocks at the end of the Bournemouth game. It's just being more clinical for a striker is the only thing I'd worry about. Comparing him to Carroll is a F***ing Insult to Nunez's game.

Yep.

He's far quicker than Carroll ever was, better on the ball, better footballer just very raw still.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,244 posts | 4422 
      Reply #1156: Jan 31, 2024 09:14:43 pm
      The famous Gatusso quote sums him up in a nutshell.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #1157: Jan 31, 2024 10:57:31 pm
      The famous Gatusso quote sums him up in a nutshell.
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 2186 
      Reply #1158: Jan 31, 2024 11:23:13 pm
      He's a carpet bomber of a player. Might not always hit the target, scattergun and utterly chaotic. But we all know he's been on the field. Leaves behind a scorched earth.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,638 posts | 772 
      Reply #1159: Jan 31, 2024 11:25:14 pm
      I genuinely think some of the chances he has, shouldn't have been chances in the first place, he creates some out of nothing and thru hard work. BUT he should have been on the scoresheet today
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #1160: Jan 31, 2024 11:40:34 pm
      How many mirrors has he broken?

Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,724 posts | 1679 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1161: Jan 31, 2024 11:54:10 pm

Obviously more than 7  :mad:

He was so bloody unlucky tonight though, what I love more than anything about him is that he refuses to give up, the KOP love him and so do I, I just know these chances will come and when he really gets going there will be nothing to stop him especially that damn post  ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,939 posts | 6851 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1162: Feb 01, 2024 12:42:55 am
      Wowie...what was it 7 or 8 shots tonight? I feel absolutely gutted for him, it must be so frustrating.

Commentators said the stat in History of them recording shots on goals (last 21 years) Darwin now holds the outright record for hitting the woodwork on 4 occasions in 1 match. How is his and our F***ing luck?

Brucie, get down to Anfield and piss on his legs quick smart!!!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,554 posts | 2801 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1163: Feb 01, 2024 09:02:03 am
      He's a carpet bomber of a player. Might not always hit the target, scattergun and utterly chaotic. But we all know he's been on the field. Leaves behind a scorched earth.

You’re as educated as anyone on here, what do you put it down to for such a talent his poor finishing to? For me he doesn’t suit the No 9. I’d have him on the left as he looks more dangerous out there. If/when it clicks he’s a 30+ goal merchant.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,221 posts | 174 
      Reply #1164: Feb 01, 2024 09:06:00 am
      OK he did not score and should have but I can only emphasize how confident he is not to shoot and he really can shoot. The one he shot with his left foot but saved by the GK was not an easy one. He gets the ball, he is in a decent position, he tries his luck. At the end, it will pay. Also, although he is not the most gracious and technical player, he can find an assist, he's much less selfish than Salah for instance, although he shoots a lot.

All that to say that although he can improve, we cannot but like him for his attitude and for the things he does right.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,582 posts | 6459 
      Reply #1165: Feb 06, 2024 12:47:36 pm
      Say what you will about him, our 4 losses this season in all comps have come when he doesn’t start.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #1166: Feb 06, 2024 02:21:24 pm
      You’re as educated as anyone on here, what do you put it down to for such a talent his poor finishing to? For me he doesn’t suit the No 9. I’d have him on the left as he looks more dangerous out there. If/when it clicks he’s a 30+ goal merchant.

I think it's his lack of balance when finishing, the lovely (occasional) good finish he has made has been when he's ran onto the ball in a natural angle, anything other than perfectly natural he looks to be leaning too much, slices his shot or has the ball under his feet too much. I hoped he'd add some bulk as a lot of strikers do when they join the prem and that would stabilise him a bit but no.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,582 posts | 297 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #1167: Feb 12, 2024 02:37:01 pm
      Nunez is F***ing boss, how anyone can't love this guy is incomprehensible. Not sure if I'd have him over Ali as my favourite current player but a close #2!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,582 posts | 6459 
      Reply #1168: Feb 12, 2024 04:26:33 pm
      When he starts we win. Hard to ignore that stat as just coincidence.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,766 posts | 865 
      Reply #1169: Feb 12, 2024 07:13:39 pm
      When he starts we win. Hard to ignore that stat as just coincidence.
      I think that despite all the crossbars and posts he's hit, all the one on ones he's rifled straight at the keeper and all the rest of that stuff we could describe as ''frustrating'', he brings two or three things I'd say make the difference between watching a team have the ball but you know nothing will happen and chances being created (for him and others).

First on that list is dynamism. His willingness to make the run for about anything that vaguely ressembles a pass forward is incredible and it must ware out the opposition's backline so much that there's no way both him and his teammates will no profit from space being created sooner rather than later. Second, I'd say is that our pressing isn't the same without him in the team. He's everywhere pressing whenever we don't have the ball and that helps a ton in terms of recovering the ball and therefore creating chances. Finally, I think that the lad is a smart forward. Its one thing he seems to lack composure in front of goal, but everything else a forward has to do get himself and his teammates in a good position to score he does much better than about every other forward in the league.

I wonder if there's a way the club can help him with his finishing? Its not so much the finishing, but the composure because whenever he's displayed that composure and calmness in front of goal his finishing is as good as any other top forward in the world. Can we hire an ex ''top striker'' or someone to work specifically with him on that? I don't know, just throwing ideas in the air. For all I know, that could be the type of thing that will just click one day and it will be solved from that point onward.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,995 posts | 3065 
      Reply #1170: Feb 17, 2024 06:12:57 pm
      I think we know the lad can finish 🤣
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,938 posts | 830 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1171: Feb 17, 2024 07:46:24 pm
      Wow.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 924 posts | 156 
      Reply #1172: Feb 17, 2024 07:58:13 pm
      DarWIN Fúñez: that finish today was pure filth...  :aaliverpool2xt1:

Quick Reply