Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Premier League: 2022-2023

Read 80313 times
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Re: Premier League: 2022-2023
      Reply #897: Jan 22, 2023 07:17:55 pm
      It’s amazing what confidence can do.
      It’s not only that when we are full of confidence we are flying (like arsenal now) but the opposition also play different. Going to etihad or emirates now and teams sit back and hope for a counter (not united today tbf) but when you are down in the dumps teams come out and attack you with the intention of winning.

Atm every team we face feel they have a chance.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #898: Jan 22, 2023 07:19:09 pm
      Without hesitation I say we are utter gash right now. Can't wait for Summer so our lads can get back to sunning themselves on Holiday.  ;D

Had that same feeling a while mate it’s not great obviously. Re building a side very very hard and can take a few years as United finding out. Mind you if the Middle East get more involved which it looks like it can turn it round in less than two years.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #899: Jan 22, 2023 07:19:54 pm
      Those 8 points can disappear in an instant, two games against Citeh and a trip to Anfield, if they lose them three then Citeh could be +1. I think they have to beat Citeh at home. Early days only played half the games.

Not forgetting they have to play city twice.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #900: Jan 22, 2023 07:28:54 pm
      It’s amazing what confidence can do.
      It’s not only that when we are full of confidence we are flying (like arsenal now) but the opposition also play different. Going to etihad or emirates now and teams sit back and hope for a counter (not united today tbf) but when you are down in the dumps teams come out and attack you with the intention of winning.

Atm every team we face feel they have a chance.

Because they have a massive chance of beating us. We’re rubbish.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,480 posts | 231 
      Reply #901: Jan 22, 2023 07:37:43 pm
      Could we have got Saka for cheap about 3 years ago as the eventual replacement for Salah...what a player he is.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #902: Jan 22, 2023 07:51:56 pm
      Could we have got Saka for cheap about 3 years ago as the eventual replacement for Salah...what a player he is.

No, he was always too good not to break through early as a first team regular at a big club.

But we definitely need to look for Sarah's long term replacement over the next two season's, but top class right wingers aren't too easy to find.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #903: Jan 22, 2023 08:12:51 pm
      Because they have a massive chance of beating us. We’re rubbish.

Right now we are. Teams aren’t scared of us. If salah or Nunez started scoring for fun teams might approach us differently.

Confidence is massive and right now we have none. Even fans are looking at Brighton and wolves fixtures and thinking we have no chance which would make sense if we had been awful for years and years. But last season wasn’t a fluke. Belief has gone.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #904: Jan 22, 2023 09:08:41 pm
      No, he was always too good not to break through early as a first team regular at a big club.

But we definitely need to look for Sarah's long term replacement over the next two season's, but top class right wingers aren't too easy to find.

We could have one in Doak if he can progress, no reason why he can't, just needs the same patience like Saka has had at Arsenal.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #905: Jan 23, 2023 10:06:16 pm
      This Fulham - Spurs game has been F***ing drab

Spurs winning 1 - 0
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #906: Jan 24, 2023 10:13:37 pm
      In the last 11 years oil clubs have won the league on 8 occasions.
      Only united under SAF, the miracle of Leicester and Liverpool have broken that trend.
      About 73%.

In that time the league cup has been won 7 times by oil clubs. Liverpool twice, united and Swansea.
      About 64%.

And the FA cup has only been won 3 times by oil clubs.
      About 27%.

So out of 33 possible trophies 18 have been won by the two oil clubs.

I can see those stats getting higher.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #907: Jan 25, 2023 07:15:27 am
      In the last 11 years oil clubs have won the league on 8 occasions.
      Only united under SAF, the miracle of Leicester and Liverpool have broken that trend.
      About 73%.

In that time the league cup has been won 7 times by oil clubs. Liverpool twice, united and Swansea.
      About 64%.

And the FA cup  has only been won 3 times by oil clubs.
      About 27%.

So out of 33 possible trophies 18 have been won by the two oil clubs.

I can see those stats getting higher.

Like I’ve said many times Bob, sadly if you can’t beat them ( which we can’t ) you have to join them and forget passed history. It’s the new norm. If we keep our dinosaurs opinions we’re left in the washing, and it’s certainly not the sports washing I’m referring to.   ;D
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #908: Jan 25, 2023 10:25:21 am
      Like I’ve said many times Bob, sadly if you can’t beat them ( which we can’t ) you have to join them and forget passed history. It’s the new norm. If we keep our dinosaurs opinions we’re left in the washing, and it’s certainly not the sports washing I’m referring to.   ;D

I think if you sell out to oil men or other dubious characters you should have an asterisk after any trophy you win.

* (not earned)
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #909: Jan 25, 2023 10:41:57 am
      I can't believe how many now want us to sell out for blood stained cash. After all the years of hammering others for doing the same.

I'd rather watch Liverpool in the championship than sell the soul of the club that shanks built to those sportswashers .... buy us shiny new footballers and trophies and we will forget all your atrocities past present and future and pretend it doesn't happen ... nahhhh no thanks.

What this club stands for and how we achieve success is worth just as much if not more than the actual trophies won.

The game itself has no morals. People today don't seem to have any either. Hypocrisy is the way.

I'm sure one or two in here will be pleased and the rest won't care but if we sell out to bloodmoney and oil I'm done. I'll just move on.

I loved football as a boy and I loved Liverpool. These days I despise football but still love Liverpool. But il move on. It will be sad ... went me first game in 1983 ... and every visit to anfield is always magical. So much history, tears of joy ... tears of despair. All in the name of this great club.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #910: Jan 25, 2023 10:47:26 am
      I think if you sell out to oil men or other dubious characters you should have an asterisk after any trophy you win.

* (not earned)

But aren’t all billionaires dubious somewhere along the line to get where they are?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #911: Jan 25, 2023 10:55:01 am
      I can't believe how many now want us to sell out for blood stained cash. After all the years of hammering others for doing the same.

I'd rather watch Liverpool in the championship than sell the soul of the club that shanks built to those sportswashers .... buy us shiny new footballers and trophies and we will forget all your atrocities past present and future and pretend it doesn't happen ... nahhhh no thanks.

What this club stands for and how we achieve success is worth just as much if not more than the actual trophies won.

The game itself has no morals. People today don't seem to have any either. Hypocrisy is the way.

I'm sure one or two in here will be pleased and the rest won't care but if we sell out to bloodmoney and oil I'm done. I'll just move on.

I loved football as a boy and I loved Liverpool. These days I despise football but still love Liverpool. But il move on. It will be sad ... went me first game in 1983 ... and every visit to anfield is always magical. So much history, tears of joy ... tears of despair. All in the name of this great club.

Good post and very admirable standing behind your opinions. Not sure many would agree with you happy to play championship football though given the history of the club. It’s just a awful position for fans to be in having to make such a choice as yours.

They’ll be many hypocrites though Don that’s for sure.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #912: Jan 28, 2023 12:53:02 am
      Hope everything goes well and your comeback will be matched by the team

Only just seen your post but all went very well thanks mate. I wasn’t in the best head space in the build up to it but it definitely helped with one or two things. Back in the U.K. again now, going to the derby in a few weeks time and then plan on getting back out to California for however long.

Hopefully now we will start to see the comeback for the team, needless to say - it’s not been going too well.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #913: Jan 28, 2023 08:13:42 am
      Only just seen your post but all went very well thanks mate. I wasn’t in the best head space in the build up to it but it definitely helped with one or two things. Back in the U.K. again now, going to the derby in a few weeks time and then plan on getting back out to California for however long.

Hopefully now we will start to see the comeback for the team, needless to say - it’s not been going too well.

Great to see you back mate we’ve missed you la.  :clap: :action-smiley-035: :celebrate: :drinking:
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #914: Jan 29, 2023 07:42:46 am
      But aren’t all billionaires dubious somewhere along the line to get where they are?

Not all.
      Main problem is that FFP has failed and they need to fix it .
      Chelsea have swindled it again recently.

No morals and we may as well hire Rolf Harris as youth team coach
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #915: Jan 29, 2023 09:44:47 am
      Not all.
      Main problem is that FFP has failed and they need to fix it .
      Chelsea have swindled it again recently.

No morals and we may as well hire Rolf Harris as youth team coach

Bet you couldn’t name me one who you know well.  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #916: Jan 29, 2023 06:23:36 pm
      Cracking old school cup tie with Wrexham and Sheff Utd!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #917: Feb 04, 2023 12:24:26 pm
      Looking at Arsenal's lineup and bench today their squad looks so strong. So much quality with a good blend of youth and experience.

Arteta really has worked wonders to rejuvenate that club. And to think many gooners fans wanted him sacked early last season.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #918: Feb 04, 2023 12:39:01 pm
      Looking at Arsenal's lineup and bench today their squad looks so strong. So much quality with a good blend of youth and experience.

Arteta really has worked wonders to rejuvenate that club. And to think many gooners fans wanted him sacked early last season.

Good 300mill of spending has helped that too.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #919: Feb 04, 2023 01:12:57 pm
      Everton testing Arse here. That Onana has some real energy rate him exactly what we are missing

Quick Reply