Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Premier League: 2022-2023

Read 78652 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Premier League: 2022-2023
      Reply #1081: Mar 05, 2023 06:51:01 am
      Your quadruple looking a bit dodgy

:lmao: Paper talk cheap with social media isn’t it.  :lmao: You know I’ve always kept a balance view. Said before and I’ll say again.  :D A cup win and a top four spot I’ll snatch your hands off. Anything else is now a bonus. From where we were last year to where we are now I’m loving my footie again. It’s amazing how fast the tide can turn in football isn’t it.

United currently playing like a top four side, hopefully with additions during summer window ( priority being a striker ) outside chance we can fight with the noisy neighbours for the holy grail…

Baby steps but least the right way.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1082: Mar 05, 2023 08:29:57 am
      Well done Arsenal. Great comeback that.

I prefer city to win the league as nobody cares about city.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1083: Mar 05, 2023 05:21:53 pm
      :lmao: Paper talk cheap with social media isn’t it.  :lmao: You know I’ve always kept a balance view. Said before and I’ll say again.  :D A cup win and a top four spot I’ll snatch your hands off. Anything else is now a bonus. From where we were last year to where we are now I’m loving my footie again. It’s amazing how fast the tide can turn in football isn’t it.

United currently playing like a top four side, hopefully with additions during summer window ( priority being a striker ) outside chance we can fight with the noisy neighbours for the holy grail…

Baby steps but least the right way.

I know, the press have had city winning everything for the last few years so the rest of us needn't bother.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1084: Mar 06, 2023 12:53:57 pm
      Last game In league Saturday this month before City game . 3 pts an absolute must Saturday
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1085: Mar 12, 2023 02:06:56 pm
      We could do with arsenal beating Fulham today to keep a bit of daylight between us and Fulham.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1086: Mar 12, 2023 05:39:21 pm
      How in earth has VAR not done Pope there
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1087: Mar 12, 2023 06:31:44 pm
      I think I’d take a 6th or 7th place finish now.
      Even though it will be one of the lesser European competitions at least it’s Europe and we can give young players more experience.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1088: Mar 12, 2023 06:43:54 pm
      I think I’d take a 6th or 7th place finish now.
      Even though it will be one of the lesser European competitions at least it’s Europe and we can give young players more experience.

Bob if United win Europa Cup 5th place gets you CL spot which means you should be supporting us lot!  :lmao:
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1089: Mar 12, 2023 06:52:19 pm
      Bob if United win Europa Cup 5th place gets you CL spot which means you should be supporting us lot!  :lmao:

Like iv said before, Keith, I don’t mind united winning. I’m not that emotionally invested in football anymore. For you, I’d be happy if you win.

As for the champions league, I actually find it dull as dishwater. Same teams all the time. The group stages are just tedious most of the time.

Anyway it’ll be great to see us in Europa conference league with Mbappe and Bellingham tearing the opponent apart!
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1090: Mar 12, 2023 06:52:43 pm

Is that the same as if arsenal win it as well I guess?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1091: Mar 12, 2023 07:05:25 pm
      Is that the same as if arsenal win it as well I guess?

Yes it will be.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1092: Mar 12, 2023 07:06:23 pm
      Like iv said before, Keith, I don’t mind united winning. I’m not that emotionally invested in football anymore. For you, I’d be happy if you win.

As for the champions league, I actually find it dull as dishwater. Same teams all the time. The group stages are just tedious most of the time.

Anyway it’ll be great to see us in Europa conference league with Mbappe and Bellingham tearing the opponent apart!

So your like me then? Given a choice CL or PL it’s PL every time…
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1093: Mar 12, 2023 07:21:04 pm
      So your like me then? Given a choice CL or PL it’s PL every time…

Always. But the PL annoys the hell out of me the way they have allowed city to become what they are.
      Football just feels tarnished now.

I think 2004/5 was when I began to drift away from it. 80s and 90s I was obsessed with it from the first team all the way to the kids teams. I’d go when I could to watch them live….
      Now, I only watch it on tv if I don’t have any plans. Even the 7-0 against you lot…. For some reason I still prefer the 4-0 win against you when Beardsley got a hatrick.

Iv never even tried to get my kids into football. One is into martial arts, one is into gymnastics and the eldest is into history and biology (definitely gets his brains from his mum!).

So I mean it when I wish united well for your sake. I remember when losing meant my weekend was ruined. And the 90s when every season was torrid.
      Now, win lose or draw and im the same as if I watch a clone wars episode with the kids.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1094: Mar 21, 2023 10:41:33 am
      The Hodgosaurus is back 🤣
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #1095: Mar 21, 2023 11:23:06 am

I could not give a toot !
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1096: Mar 21, 2023 12:42:21 pm
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1097: Mar 24, 2023 07:00:23 pm
      https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/apple-could-shake-up-premier-26543784.amp

Apple wanting to get some involvement in streaming Prem games

Could be a bit of a game changer

Seen some talk about them getting the 3pm games and people can buy them per game
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1098: Mar 24, 2023 09:33:27 pm
      Quote from UncleBob
      Always. But the PL annoys the hell out of me the way they have allowed city to become what they are.
      Football just feels tarnished now.

Now, I only watch it on tv if I don’t have any plans. Even the 7-0 against you lot…. For some reason I still prefer the 4-0 win against you when Beardsley got a hatrick. 

Beating them 4-0 is great. And it was at the time. There are times when you have to park the game's issues to one side, and this is one of them. But if you can't be happy after beating that shower 7-0 at home, you need to ask yourself why. Seriously.
      « Last Edit: Mar 24, 2023 09:47:32 pm by lfc across the water »
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #1099: Apr 01, 2023 04:04:40 pm
      Can't wait to see Jesus v city in the title decider
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #1100: Apr 01, 2023 04:31:23 pm
      He knocks in two goals and then you replace him with Saka......what a position to be in!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1101: Apr 01, 2023 05:29:00 pm
      On Arsenal to keep their heads now, did well beating Leeds today.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1102: Apr 02, 2023 11:21:17 am
      Beating them 4-0 is great. And it was at the time. There are times when you have to park the game's issues to one side, and this is one of them. But if you can't be happy after beating that shower 7-0 at home, you need to ask yourself why. Seriously.

Didn’t say it didn’t make me happy. I’m just not as bothered as I used to be.
      It’s not that I have ‘moved on’ as such, but once Chelsea came along with all that money it put me off. Soon after my kids came along and I had less time.
      Then Man City came along and I was even more put off.
      I don’t feel as attached to the sport anymore. Winning doesn’t give me the same buzz.

When we beat united 4-0 in 1990 football was pretty much everything in my life (along with my mates). I’d go down the sports club after the game and opponent players would sometimes pop in and you could get their autograph. I got barnes, Gillespie and brucie. Paul McGrath and Gary pallister. I even got mark walters autograph once! Nowadays you are lucky if the players wave at you as they speed away in their half a million quid cars.

So yeah, I’m not fussed if we make top 4. My weekends are usually busy now anyway. Some recent games iv missed because I’m watching clone wars with the kids.

If united win the league next season, I would be happy for Keith (and the chap who works at my local Tesco who talks football) but I wouldn’t lose sleep over it.

I’d rather go to the cinema nowadays than watch football. If it’s a big game I’ll record it and watch it later but otherwise I tend not to bother.

Football is an entertainment. Like the weekly new episode of Mandalorian or whatever. The community aspect has long gone bar the yearly visit to the hospital the players make for a photo shoot. It’s clubs owned by billionaires with a team full of millionaires. Like Hollywood I can’t really relate to it.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1103: Apr 02, 2023 12:32:31 pm
      Didn’t say it didn’t make me happy. I’m just not as bothered as I used to be.
      It’s not that I have ‘moved on’ as such, but once Chelsea came along with all that money it put me off. Soon after my kids came along and I had less time.
      Then Man City came along and I was even more put off.
      I don’t feel as attached to the sport anymore. Winning doesn’t give me the same buzz.

When we beat united 4-0 in 1990 football was pretty much everything in my life (along with my mates). I’d go down the sports club after the game and opponent players would sometimes pop in and you could get their autograph. I got barnes, Gillespie and brucie. Paul McGrath and Gary pallister. I even got mark walters autograph once! Nowadays you are lucky if the players wave at you as they speed away in their half a million quid cars.

So yeah, I’m not fussed if we make top 4. My weekends are usually busy now anyway. Some recent games iv missed because I’m watching clone wars with the kids.

If united win the league next season, I would be happy for Keith (and the chap who works at my local Tesco who talks football) but I wouldn’t lose sleep over it.

I’d rather go to the cinema nowadays than watch football. If it’s a big game I’ll record it and watch it later but otherwise I tend not to bother.

Football is an entertainment. Like the weekly new episode of Mandalorian or whatever. The community aspect has long gone bar the yearly visit to the hospital the players make for a photo shoot. It’s clubs owned by billionaires with a team full of millionaires. Like Hollywood I can’t really relate to it.

Waste of time talking to that silly kunt a cross the water Billy he’s clueless and you’d spend more time listening to his questions let alone answering them.   :lmao:

Quick Reply