Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Summer Pre-Season 2022

Read 31161 times
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Re: Summer Pre-Season 2022
      Reply #368: Jul 29, 2022 10:45:31 am
      I don't think it's insulting to say that playing without our number 1 and our number 2 gk is a big blow.

Adrian is a decent keeper, and can do the job. On his day, he can even be amazing. But he's also prone to major mistakes. Do you seriously believe our defense has as much trust in Adrian as they have in the other 2 gk? And have you?

That will undoubtedly influence our players mindset against City. And we know we need to be at 100% against them.

You don't think it's insulting, and I do think it's borderline insulting. A difference of opinion, nothing more nothing less.
      You say on his day he can be amazing. You also say he's prone to major mistakes. These descriptions could be attached to every goalkeeper who's ever played the game.
      In terms of trust, I don't need to trust him. Klopp does, otherwise he wouldn't be at the club.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #369: Jul 29, 2022 10:54:57 am
      As an American, it's LfCTVs membership worth. My wife ask me about it for my birthday.  Can you watch full matches? Academy games?

If you want to learn the history of the club it’s in there, lots of documentaries like ‘60’ mins with….whoever?  Highlights of games including full coverage a day or so later, plenty of academy games covering the U18, U23’s sides, press box where journo’s discuss everything LFC, Neil Mellor does a post match summary, looking at stats and particular moments, so for a Birthday present it’s f***in boss, she’ll regret it 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Y  N  W  A

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #370: Jul 29, 2022 10:55:07 am
      Aye, because he’s a liability!! I’m always nervous when he’s in goal. He charges out like Brucie used too and he’s got a touch like Joe Hart!
      You might want to check the honours lists of your quoted players. Not too shabby.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #371: Jul 29, 2022 11:08:47 am
      Adrian is an awful goalkeeper, at least not at the level of the Premier League. It's clear to see. He left West Ham for free for a reason. Yes he has saved us sometimes because he was in the goal when we had no one else but to think that he has the level to be here is delusional. He's 3rd choice behind Kelleher for a reason.
      And his performance against Athletico Madrid confirms that he should play only when we have no other option. He's here to fill a gap.

So who do insist plays in goal rather than that god awful creature that is Adrian, Thiago perhaps or Robbo ?
      Ffs sake fella give your head a wobble, Adrian is a decent keeper, prone to the odd howler perhaps but show me a stopper who isn’t?
      He knows his station at the club and for me he’s happy where he’s at, look at the camaraderie he has with his peers and the other players, always jovial and smiling and plenty of banter, most importantly though is Jürgen trusts him and that my little mental friend is all that matters!!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #372: Jul 29, 2022 11:14:09 am
      Surprised there’s not been more noise about the young lad, Bajcetic. Displayed a great range of passing in that first half yesterday and looks extremely confident. Looking forward to seeing more of him this season when he features.

aye hes been good.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #373: Jul 29, 2022 12:24:40 pm
      What is the actual.issue with Kelleher?

Picked up an injury tail end of last season, didn't go on turn and been working at Kirkby to get back to fitness.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #374: Jul 29, 2022 01:06:21 pm

They were on May 29th, but that was last season, get over it Keith, I know it’s hard for you to accept your mediocrity and how your lot have fallen off the cliff and are still falling, with only the trap door to stop you,

A few years ago, it’s around Six now I believe since you lot were even in contention, don’t dare mention 2nd the season but last cos all that gave was false hope when the true reality was you were and still are sh*te,

So we move onto this new already fangled attempt at keeping up with the Jones’s, that’ll be us, City, Chavs, Spuds, & Arse leaving you lot fighting it out with Newcastle, Villa, Leicester and the bottom feeders for the mediocre cup, good luck with that, and I’m betting your are trembling with excitement with your new signings, especially erm, what’s his name, yanno’s, the fella with the heart condition, Erik….eh…Erik, Ericks… oh yes Erikson, Eric’s Son, don’t know if their related or not but maybe Ten Baag thought, this team needs Heart and be in good condition for us to challenge,

Am I rambling Keith ? Just like CR7, He’s another rambler, Ten baag has him in his plans but old Ronnie is  gonnie!!! 😂😂😂😂

Don’t worry Keith, Eric’s at the wheel??

YNWA

Your always rambling on mate what's new  :lmao: So City were top dogs, even though it was only on the 29th May   :f_whistle:
      Don't blame CR7 for wanting CL football at his age, the freak of a player doesn't have  many left in him now  so impossible to hold it against him. 

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #375: Jul 29, 2022 01:10:18 pm
      Not often the Boss wants more games but looks like a behind closed door friendly arranged after Fulham game

Felt like quite a strange pre-season. Right from playing United when they had been training for a week longer and we had only just got back through to the timing of the Salzburg game which felt a bit too close to tomorrow's game.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #376: Jul 29, 2022 01:52:22 pm
      Felt like quite a strange pre-season. Right from playing United when they had been training for a week longer and we had only just got back through to the timing of the Salzburg game which felt a bit too close to tomorrow's game.

Agree seems to have been a bit disjointed and the United game was wrong should have been further in . Suppose the financial side of things dictated a few games and withover  9 days in between Fulham and Palace makes sense
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #377: Jul 29, 2022 03:31:49 pm
      You might want to check the honours lists of your quoted players. Not too shabby.

I fully agree, but it doesn’t change the fact that Adrian is dodgy between the sticks but he is 3rd choice.
      « Last Edit: Jul 29, 2022 04:05:40 pm by Scottbot »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #378: Jul 29, 2022 04:43:08 pm
      Agree seems to have been a bit disjointed and the United game was wrong should have been further in . Suppose the financial side of things dictated a few games and withover  9 days in between Fulham and Palace makes sense

I’m fèeling like we’ve had a poor pre season.
      Seems we are still struggling to hit the onion bag v teams that defend deep. I really thought we were over that but it seems not.
      With the defensive errors we are becoming accustomed to, I think we might be chasing games with a similar tactic. Could also lead to a number of draws we can Ill afford. Hope to F**k I’m wrong but I’m not feeling very confident with the prem ko just over a week away.
      Anyone else feeling it, or are you all full of confidence, and happy with where we are at just now ?
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #379: Jul 29, 2022 04:47:42 pm
      I fully agree, but it doesn’t change the fact that Adrian is dodgy between the sticks but he is 3rd choice.

We'll agree to differ. Our judgements are ultimately worthless, Klopp, on the other hand is far better placed to call it.... and I'm 100% sure he wouldn't share your opinion that he's "Dodgy"
      Some of the reaction to him being selected to play (in the Community shield) is quite strange, You'd think he was a No.3 at Prescot Cables.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #380: Jul 29, 2022 04:51:08 pm

Seems we are still struggling to hit the onion bag v teams that defend deep. I really thought we were over that but it seems not.
      With the defensive errors we are becoming accustomed to, I think we might be chasing games with a similar tactic. Could also lead to a number of draws we can Ill afford. Hope to f**k I’m wrong but I’m not feeling very confident with the prem ko just over a week away.
      Anyone else feeling it, or are you all full of confidence, and happy with where we are at just now ?
      Neither fearful, nor overly confident. we'll be competitive and should be in the mix for silverware come May...or whenever the season ends
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #381: Jul 29, 2022 05:42:16 pm

They were on May 29th, but that was last season, get over it Keith, I know it’s hard for you to accept your mediocrity and how your lot have fallen off the cliff and are still falling, with only the trap door to stop you,

A few years ago, it’s around Six now I believe since you lot were even in contention, don’t dare mention 2nd the season but last cos all that gave was false hope when the true reality was you were and still are sh*te,

So we move onto this new already fangled attempt at keeping up with the Jones’s, that’ll be us, City, Chavs, Spuds, & Arse leaving you lot fighting it out with Newcastle, Villa, Leicester and the bottom feeders for the mediocre cup, good luck with that, and I’m betting your are trembling with excitement with your new signings, especially erm, what’s his name, yanno’s, the fella with the heart condition, Erik….eh…Erik, Ericks… oh yes Erikson, Eric’s Son, don’t know if their related or not but maybe Ten Baag thought, this team needs Heart and be in good condition for us to challenge,

Am I rambling Keith ? Just like CR7, He’s another rambler, Ten baag has him in his plans but old Ronnie is  gonnie!!! 😂😂😂😂

Don’t worry Keith, Eric’s at the wheel??

YNWA

Eric has to find the wheel first mate theirs is a rudderless ship
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #382: Jul 29, 2022 07:42:16 pm

With the defensive errors we are becoming accustomed to, I think we might be chasing games with a similar tactic. Could also lead to a number of draws we can Ill afford. Hope to f**k I’m wrong but I’m not feeling very confident with the prem ko just over a week away.

Get a better idea after the City game. It will be more intense than the warm up friendlies and I think we will play it as a normal fully competitive game. This is a serious game and the Boss wants to win it. So we should be fully tuned up. We'll find out tomorrow.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #383: Jul 29, 2022 09:20:35 pm

So who do insist plays in goal rather than that god awful creature that is Adrian, Thiago perhaps or Robbo ?
      Ffs sake fella give your head a wobble, Adrian is a decent keeper, prone to the odd howler perhaps but show me a stopper who isn’t?
      He knows his station at the club and for me he’s happy where he’s at, look at the camaraderie he has with his peers and the other players, always jovial and smiling and plenty of banter, most importantly though is Jürgen trusts him and that my little mental friend is all that matters!!

I'm not saying he should not play, in fact we have no other choice. I stand my point, Adrian is below average. And at his age, it's a dream to be at Liverpool. Where would he want to go. He gets a decent salary here and is in one of the best teams of the world.  He's third choice but since Alisson and Kelleher are often unavailable, he gets to play. Klopp does with what he has, simple as that but no sensible manager would want to have Adrian as GK for a match against ManCity.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #384: Jul 29, 2022 09:34:08 pm
      I'm not saying he should not play, in fact we have no other choice. I stand my point, Adrian is below average. And at his age, it's a dream to be at Liverpool. Where would he want to go. He gets a decent salary here and is in one of the best teams of the world.  He's third choice but since Alisson and Kelleher are often unavailable, he gets to play. Klopp does with what he has, simple as that but no sensible manager would want to have Adrian as GK for a match against ManCity.
      The first and second choices are not available, and therefore the third choice has to play....if he wasn't available it would be the fourth choice. It's the Charity/community shield, not the Champions League final..Chill out, you should be happy for him....at his age!
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #385: Jul 29, 2022 11:14:19 pm
      Will Nunez start or be on the bench. Could start with Diaz,Bobby & Mo. They might hold Haaland back as well.

Back 5 : Adrian,Trent,Konata,VVD,Robbo.

Harder to call the front 6.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #386: Jul 30, 2022 10:08:34 am
      Your always rambling on mate what's new  :lmao: So City were top dogs, even though it was only on the 29th May   :f_whistle:
      Don't blame CR7 for wanting CL football at his age, the freak of a player doesn't have  many left in him now  so impossible to hold it against him. 

The man is a f***in disgrace Keith, typically his ego more important than who he plays for, whoever’s decision it was to bring him back last season fu**ed up Ole’s plans, not saying Ole wouldn’t have still met his demise but it clearly wasn’t his idea to bring him in, or he could have went to your noisy neighbours, that’s a pretty bad calculation of judgment and for sure upset the dressing room, Cavani was extremely pissed off having committed for one more season only to have his No7 shirt ripped off his back for Ladyboy,

Bruno had his own ego bruised & battered having him in the mix, he was until Ronnie rolled up, the big fish in the OT pond, Slabhead took a kick in the nads too and suffered from a personality disorder and didn’t know whether to stick or twist, still doesn’t, and everyone else were rabbits in headlights in the company of that egotistical tw*t, he’s been a fantastic player all through his career but he’s not a f***in God, it’s clear he thinks he is, no player no matter who, are not bigger than the club, any club, something he feels doesn’t apply to him,
      Gotta be honest the respect I had for him has lessened, he’s behaving like he’s still the top dog and he most certainly isn’t, like a spoiled brat that he is his demands & actions impact negatively rather than boost his team mates confidence, he needs to F**k off gracefully back to his homeland and bring his phenomenal career to a close, hopefully at the club where it all started and give something back to his first club.

pr**k !!!
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #387: Jul 30, 2022 10:21:07 am

The man is a f***in disgrace Keith, typically his ego more important than who he plays for, whoever’s decision it was to bring him back last season fu**ed up Ole’s plans, not saying Ole wouldn’t have still met his demise but it clearly wasn’t his idea to bring him in, or he could have went to your noisy neighbours, that’s a pretty bad calculation of judgment and for sure upset the dressing room, Cavani was extremely pissed off having committed for one more season only to have his No7 shirt ripped off his back for Ladyboy,

Bruno had his own ego bruised & battered having him in the mix, he was until Ronnie rolled up, the big fish in the OT pond, Slabhead took a kick in the nads too and suffered from a personality disorder and didn’t know whether to stick or twist, still doesn’t, and everyone else were rabbits in headlights in the company of that egotistical T**t, he’s been a fantastic player all through his career but he’s not a f***in God, it’s clear he thinks he is, no player no matter who, are not bigger than the club, any club, something he feels doesn’t apply to him,
      Gotta be honest the respect I had for him has lessened, he’s behaving like he’s still the top dog and he most certainly isn’t, like a spoiled brat that he is his demands & actions impact negatively rather than boost his team mates confidence, he needs to f**k off gracefully back to his homeland and bring his phenomenal career to a close, hopefully at the club where it all started and give something back to his first club.

pr**k !!!

What's he said today " The King plays" or words to that effect . The ego knows no bounds . Is he has messed them around big time but now expects what? Adulation playing in a friendly? All about him always has been always will be
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #388: Jul 30, 2022 10:36:37 am
      What's he said today " The King plays" or words to that effect . The ego knows no bounds . Is he has messed them around big time but now expects what? Adulation playing in a friendly? All about him always has been always will be

It’s okay mate, he rocketed their share prices being back at the club remember…
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #389: Jul 30, 2022 10:41:22 am

No CL club wants him so he's had to go crawling back :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #390: Jul 30, 2022 11:29:05 am

Bruno had his own ego bruised & battered having him in the mix, he was until Ronnie rolled up, the big fish in the OT pond, Slabhead took a kick in the nads too and suffered from a personality disorder and didn’t know whether to stick or twist, still doesn’t, and everyone else were rabbits in headlights in the company of that egotistical T**t, he’s been a fantastic player all through his career but he’s not a f***in God, it’s clear he thinks he is, no player no matter who, are not bigger than the club, any club, something he feels doesn’t apply to him,
      Gotta be honest the respect I had for him has lessened, he’s behaving like he’s still the top dog and he most certainly isn’t, like a spoiled brat that he is his demands & actions impact negatively rather than boost his team mates confidence, he needs to f**k off gracefully back to his homeland and bring his phenomenal career to a close, hopefully at the club where it all started and give something back to his first club.

pr**k !!!

He probably still thinks he’s up there with the best since him and Messi been at the top for so long, obviously that’s not the case anyone. He arguably plays on his passed exploits but that’s what they’re….. passed!! For me if he goes he goes, enjoyed his services and watching him play.

Time to move on one way or another.

Quick Reply