Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Summer Pre-Season 2022

Read 31163 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Summer Pre-Season 2022
      Jun 20, 2022 01:06:39 pm
      Robbed fixtures from another site.....

Just 3 weeks till the next game.

July 4 – First day back at Kirkby

July 9 – Fly to Far East

TBC – Open training in Bangkok, Thailand
      July 12 – Man United (Thailand), 2pm
      July 14 – Open training in Kallang, Singapore
      July 15 – Crystal Palace (Singapore), 1.35pm

July 16 – Leave Far East – likely head straight to Germany

July 21 – RB Leipzig (Germany), 6.15pm
      TBC – Fly to Austria
      TBC – Red Bull Salzburg (Austria)

July 30 – Man City (Community Shield), 5pm

July 31 – Strasbourg (Anfield), 7.30pm

August 6 – Premier League starts – Fulham (A), 12.30pm
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Summer Pre-Season 2022
      Reply #1: Jun 20, 2022 07:56:38 pm
      Be interested to hear people's thoughts on the Community Shield and then the Anfield friendly being a day apart.

Is the Anfield game going to be a second string XI?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2: Jun 20, 2022 08:11:18 pm
      Be interested to hear people's thoughts on the Community Shield and then the Anfield friendly being a day apart.

They have done it before. Reckon the Strasbourg game will be mainly second string with some kids
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #3: Jun 21, 2022 07:50:01 am

Did it last season Bilbao and Ossasuna If I remember right
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4: Jun 21, 2022 08:12:01 am

Probably lots of rotation. And yea more senior guys in the community shield
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #5: Jun 21, 2022 08:32:40 pm
      Did it last season Bilbao and Ossasuna If I remember right

Aye but one wasn't the community shield. Genuinely think the Anfield game might be the one featuring our new signings.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #6: Jun 21, 2022 09:32:40 pm
      Aye but one wasn't the community shield. Genuinely think the Anfield game might be the one featuring our new signings.

Yes sorry didn't realize the Community shield one of them
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #7: Jun 21, 2022 10:44:47 pm
      Yes sorry didn't realize the Community shield one of them

Been a few years, maybe Klopp's first preseason, but I remember routing Barcelona at Wembley and the next day playing in Germany (Stuttgart?) and a very tired group taking a heavy loss on the road.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #8: Jun 22, 2022 06:40:17 pm
      Feeling starved of footy already! Roll on pre season quick!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #9: Jun 23, 2022 02:15:34 pm
      Hoping Jota gets fit quick, I have a feeling he’s going to be massively important this season.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #10: Jun 23, 2022 02:58:56 pm
      Hoping Jota gets fit quick, I have a feeling he’s going to be massively important this season.

I just looked him up, was just a thigh injury with portugal, sure he will be fine for pre-season.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #11: Jun 23, 2022 11:18:07 pm
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #12: Jun 23, 2022 11:42:31 pm

Bobby looks about 15 years old. All of them had the best time of their careers at this football club.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #13: Jun 26, 2022 06:02:28 pm
      A week tomorrow and the group is back for the new season.

Should everyone be back on day one this time? I know the Nations League was going on, so maybe some guys get a little more time off?

I reckon I'm ready to start watching the team play matches again.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #14: Jun 27, 2022 09:54:56 am
      Since the FA or whoever have dumbed down the charity shield if that was possible, I’d be urging both sets of fans to boycott the Kingpower, a stadium that barely holds 33,000, assuming the corporate lot will still have their jolly, how many tickets will be available for match going fans, would it be down to say ten thousand each for example, however many there are it’s obviously not enough is it ??

In my view that is totally unacceptable for the best two teams in Europe, a match of this size should be played in a appropriate sized ground, and if the FA or whoever have so much disdain for the football fans who want to support their respective clubs yet are only allocated a small percentage of tickets, due to their ineptitude, then match going fans shouldn’t bother their arses, should they ?

And if match going fans arses are bothered and go, all your doing is setting the organiser a precedent saying ‘it’s okay to continue taking the piss out of us fans, we’re only your cash cow and because there are so so many of us, there will always be numpties to fulfill your coffers, I would seriously doubt that any sort of protest will arise, but this is best time to do so being the lowest ranked piece  of tin available and nobody is that bothered about it, except for the Manc’s for their trophy count !!

Wouldn’t it be brilliant giving those who take the piss a right good kick in the Bawbag, hardly any fans turn up at all, dunno how much £ tickets will be, but times it by 20,000 and it’s a f***in big wedge them greedy useless Cnuts don’t get, make no mistake their dumbing down won’t effect how much the corporate lot still spunk out for their jolly, and are obviously better looked after than those fans who get ripped off time and time again, every month, every week, every match, every f***in season, it definitely wouldn’t happen at a league cup final nor obviously the FA cup final, there isn’t much we can do apart from mass walkouts but they kind of  defeat the object, you’ve already gave them yer money, but if no f**ker buys a ticket, or at least the vast majority don’t, then that it has to hurt, it won’t bring them to their avaricious Knees but it’s about making a stand (no pun intended),

This won’t happen either but alternatively the club could make a stand and just send a sh*t load of kids to play, and I mean kids, like the U18s side, Darwin et al can play in their debut a week later @ Fulham,where it’s far more important and worthy,  there clearly isn’t the respect shown by the organisers to either side from the authorities and that again is totally unacceptable!!!

Y  N  W  A
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #15: Jun 27, 2022 10:27:58 am
      Since the FA or whoever have dumbed down the charity shield if that was possible, I’d be urging both sets of fans to boycott the Kingpower, a stadium that barely holds 33,000, assuming the corporate lot will still have their jolly, how many tickets will be available for match going fans, would it be down to say ten thousand each for example, however many there are it’s obviously not enough is it ??

In my view that is totally unacceptable for the best two teams in Europe, a match of this size should be played in a appropriate sized ground, and if the FA or whoever have so much disdain for the football fans who want to support their respective clubs yet are only allocated a small percentage of tickets, due to their ineptitude, then match going fans shouldn’t bother their arses, should they ?

And if match going fans arses are bothered and go, all your doing is setting the organiser a precedent saying ‘it’s okay to continue taking the piss out of us fans, we’re only your cash cow and because there are so so many of us, there will always be numpties to fulfill your coffers, I would seriously doubt that any sort of protest will arise, but this is best time to do so being the lowest ranked piece  of tin available and nobody is that bothered about it, except for the Manc’s for their trophy count !!

Wouldn’t it be brilliant giving those who take the piss a right good kick in the Bawbag, hardly any fans turn up at all, dunno how much £ tickets will be, but times it by 20,000 and it’s a f***in big wedge them greedy useless Cnuts don’t get, make no mistake their dumbing down won’t effect how much the corporate lot still spunk out for their jolly, and are obviously better looked after than those fans who get ripped off time and time again, every month, every week, every match, every f***in season, it definitely wouldn’t happen at a league cup final nor obviously the FA cup final, there isn’t much we can do apart from mass walkouts but they kind of  defeat the object, you’ve already gave them yer money, but if no f**ker buys a ticket, or at least the vast majority don’t, then that it has to hurt, it won’t bring them to their avaricious Knees but it’s about making a stand (no pun intended),

This won’t happen either but alternatively the club could make a stand and just send a sh*t load of kids to play, and I mean kids, like the U18s side, Darwin et al can play in their debut a week later @ Fulham,where it’s far more important and worthy,  there clearly isn’t the respect shown by the organisers to either side from the authorities and that again is totally unacceptable!!!

Y  N  W  A

Folk will be desperate to just get back to the footi after a long summer, so it will sell out. Good idea though.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16: Jun 27, 2022 02:44:49 pm

it does seem hypocritical talking about fixture congestion when this happens.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #17: Jun 27, 2022 02:47:11 pm
      it does seem hypocritical talking about fixture congestion when this happens.

30 players will get a game over the 2 days. ;D.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #18: Jun 27, 2022 03:32:35 pm
      Folk will be desperate to just get back to the footi after a long summer, so it will sell out. Good idea though.

Understand that mate which makes it all the worse in my eyes, to hold such a prestigious fixture  between two of the best sides  in the world is quite pathetic really, tickets for weekly games are hard enough to come by, almost impossible truth be told, play this game at either home ground you fill it, probably twice over, well, Anfield certainly would be,

I can’t emphasise enough the total disrespect shown by those in authority for us & them, a paltry 33,000 seats of which a third at least taken up by the prawn sandwich lot, the prize itself is f***in worthless everyone knows that but a match between these two demands the largest crowd possible in a appropriate stadium, this stinks of last minute panic, realising perhaps other venues being already booked, and as silly as that seems I’ve not heard of any other reason as to why this event, the annual curtain raiser to the season, played at Wembley year on year has been reduced to nothing more than a pub friendly played on a village green !!

I won’t be going so no skin off my hooter, however if I were a season ticket holder I still wouldn’t go, and after waiting 12 weeks plus for the new season 1 more week wouldn’t hurt, I don’t  suppose anything will be done about it,                             

Y  N  W  A
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #19: Jun 27, 2022 03:44:29 pm

Understand that mate which makes it all the worse in my eyes, to hold such a prestigious fixture  between two of the best sides  in the world is quite pathetic really, tickets for weekly games are hard enough to come by, almost impossible truth be told, play this game at either home ground you fill it, probably twice over, well, Anfield certainly would be,

I can’t emphasise enough the total disrespect shown by those in authority for us & them, a paltry 33,000 seats of which a third at least taken up by the prawn sandwich lot, the prize itself is f***in worthless everyone knows that but a match between these two demands the largest crowd possible in a appropriate stadium, this stinks of last minute panic, realising perhaps other venues being already booked, and as silly as that seems I’ve not heard of any other reason as to why this event, the annual curtain raiser to the season, played at Wembley year on year has been reduced to nothing more than a pub friendly played on a village green !!

I won’t be going so no skin off my hooter, however if I were a season ticket holder I still wouldn’t go, and after waiting 12 weeks plus for the new season 1 more week wouldn’t hurt, I don’t  suppose anything will be done about it,                             

Y  N  W  A

I said at the time it was crazy having the game there. Old strattford would have been better.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #20: Jun 27, 2022 05:24:56 pm
      I said at the time it was crazy having the game there. Old strattford would have been better.

Yeah it would have been mate if both sets of fans were part & parcel of a demolition squad, but all kidding aside, at Wembley there’s some ladies final taking place, now I’m not one to diss the ladies game (that’s another debate) but surely it makes more sense to swap the fixture’s around, because you could play that ladies final for a trillion decades and never fill Wembley, but with us & the Fraudsters, different story, now you tell me why this can’t happen, I’m no expert but 33,000 screaming women & children would make a fantastic atmosphere inside a Kingpower sized stadium, inside Wembley not so and nowhere near the crescendo that we would be part of, …….

……..GET IT f***in SWAPPED BAWBAGS !!!!

Y  N  W  A
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #21: Jun 27, 2022 06:37:50 pm
      Robbed fixtures from another site.....

Just 3 weeks till the next game.

seems like a lifetime ago since our last game in the CL final the one they want us to forget how they assaulted thousands of Liverpool Fans
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #22: Jun 27, 2022 06:50:06 pm
      Academy back in preseason today

Quick Reply