Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Summer Pre-Season 2022

Read 31159 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Summer Pre-Season 2022
      Reply #23: Jun 28, 2022 09:13:10 am

Yeah it would have been mate if both sets of fans were part & parcel of a demolition squad, but all kidding aside, at Wembley there’s some ladies final taking place, now I’m not one to diss the ladies game (that’s another debate) but surely it makes more sense to swap the fixture’s around, because you could play that ladies final for a trillion decades and never fill Wembley, but with us & the Fraudsters, different story, now you tell me why this can’t happen, I’m no expert but 33,000 screaming women & children would make a fantastic atmosphere inside a Kingpower sized stadium, inside Wembley not so and nowhere near the crescendo that we would be part of, …….

……..GET IT f***in SWAPPED BAWBAGS !!!!

Y  N  W  A

Yup. but that doesnt fit the agenda of pushing the ladies game in our faces even if majority are not interested.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #24: Jun 28, 2022 09:14:09 am
      seems like a lifetime ago since our last game in the CL final the one they want us to forget how they assaulted thousands of Liverpool Fans

True mate.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #25: Jun 28, 2022 10:50:19 am
      Yup. but that doesnt fit the agenda of pushing the ladies game in our faces even if majority are not interested.

but if you don't think the "Womans" game is fantastic and worth the same money as the Mens game at international level you must be a
      ******ist just fill in the blank. Off all Womans sports I think football is the weakest in terms of quality. Cycling ,Athletics, Swimming, Golf,etc all provide good competition so I just dont get the hype. 
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #26: Jun 28, 2022 11:39:24 am
      but if you don't think the "Womans" game is fantastic and worth the same money as the Mens game at international level you must be a
      ******ist just fill in the blank. Off all Womans sports I think football is the weakest in terms of quality. Cycling ,Athletics, Swimming, Golf,etc all provide good competition so I just dont get the hype. 

Totally agree. I actually follow womans football of the teams I support or follow, but cant say I watch much of it.

I do watch ladies golf more than any other sport , as you say its a really good level.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #27: Jul 02, 2022 06:05:36 pm
      A week tomorrow and the group is back for the new season.

Should everyone be back on day one this time? I know the Nations League was going on, so maybe some guys get a little more time off?

I reckon I'm ready to start watching the team play matches again.

The club releases who will be on hand Monday. Sounds like the others will only be a few days later. I count Virgil, Robbo, Trent, Kostas, Alisson, Keita, Fabinho, Nunez, Jota, Salah as the latecomers. I'm probably missing some.

Players returning for pre-season on July 4: Adrian, Carvalho, Davies, Diaz, Elliott, Firmino, Gomez, Henderson, Kelleher, Konate, Matip, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Phillips, Ramsay, Thiago, N. Williams, R. Williams, Van den Berg.

The remaining members of the squad will join pre-season training later in the week following their international commitments during the summer.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #28: Jul 02, 2022 09:00:15 pm
      The club releases who will be on hand Monday. Sounds like the others will only be a few days later. I count Virgil, Robbo, Trent, Kostas, Alisson, Keita, Fabinho, Nunez, Jota, Salah as the latecomers. I'm probably missing some.

Players returning for pre-season on July 4: Adrian, Carvalho, Davies, Diaz, Elliott, Firmino, Gomez, Henderson, Kelleher, Konate, Matip, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Phillips, Ramsay, Thiago, N. Williams, R. Williams, Van den Berg.

The remaining members of the squad will join pre-season training later in the week following their international commitments during the summer.

Should be able to get a aside out of that bunch to beat the Mancs
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #29: Jul 03, 2022 10:57:19 am
      I was completely unaware that community shield wasn’t going to be at Wembley. That really sucks. They should have looked at playing at the Millennium Stadium. At least play it somewhere that can host more fans, he’ll they could even have looked at somewhere like Twickenham. Playing the game at another club’s grounD seems all wrong.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #30: Jul 03, 2022 11:13:12 am
      I was completely unaware that community shield wasn’t going to be at Wembley. That really sucks. They should have looked at playing at the Millennium Stadium. At least play it somewhere that can host more fans, he’ll they could even have looked at somewhere like Twickenham. Playing the game at another club’s grounD seems all wrong.

I would love to see the decision making process when some genius said " Wembley can't be used with its 90,000 capacity lets go to Leicester its has 35,000 capacity". The FA never let us down.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #31: Jul 03, 2022 11:24:05 am

Twickenham would have been superb. Would have been great to see a proper sport played there for once.  :f_tongueincheek:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #32: Jul 03, 2022 11:35:39 pm
      I would love to see the decision making process when some genius said " Wembley can't be used with its 90,000 capacity lets go to Leicester its has 35,000 capacity". The FA never let us down.

Just confirms once again, just what tw*ts we have running our National game.
      It’s decisions like this that enforces that it’s time for urgent changes of personnel !
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #33: Jul 03, 2022 11:56:49 pm
      Quote from billythered
      Understand that mate which makes it all the worse in my eyes, to hold such a prestigious fixture  between two of the best sides  in the world is quite pathetic really, tickets for weekly games are hard enough to come by, almost impossible truth be told, play this game at either home ground you fill it, probably twice over, well, Anfield certainly would be,

I can’t emphasise enough the total disrespect shown by those in authority for us & them, a paltry 33,000 seats of which a third at least taken up by the prawn sandwich lot, the prize itself is f***in worthless everyone knows that but a match between these two demands the largest crowd possible in a appropriate stadium, this stinks of last minute panic, realising perhaps other venues being already booked, and as silly as that seems I’ve not heard of any other reason as to why this event, the annual curtain raiser to the season, played at Wembley year on year has been reduced to nothing more than a pub friendly played on a village green !!

I won’t be going, however if I were a season ticket holder I still wouldn’t go, and after waiting 12 weeks plus for the new season 1 more week wouldn’t hurt, I don’t  suppose anything will be done about it,                             
                                           Y  N  W  A

No nothing will be done about it, the other venue is unavailable this year. It's not the European Cup Final you're on about, it's the Charity Shield. I'm sure you would have been quite happy for the semi final last year against them to be played at Leicester, so the largest crowd could be saved for the final.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #34: Jul 04, 2022 10:04:19 am
      I don’t mind where the community shield is being played.
      London is a dump and you are constantly at the mercy of traffic jams and strikes.
      I half expected them to have the game played in a Lidl car park somewhere just before the league cup draw is made.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #35: Jul 04, 2022 10:32:10 am
      I don’t mind where the community shield is being played.
      London is a dump and you are constantly at the mercy of traffic jams and strikes.
      I half expected them to have the game played in a Lidl car park somewhere just before the league cup draw is made.

It’s not really about that though Bob is it. It’s more to do with the imbeciles who are running the game.
      How can anyone in such a position be so inept, and further more, continue in the job.
      In any other industry they’d be sacked for gross incompetence.
      It’s about time they held ballots for people to run the game, with fans as well as club officials having a say.
      Get some decent football business minded people in there, not the closed shop of ex shop keepers and grass cutters.

Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #36: Jul 06, 2022 03:22:03 pm
      No easy games in the run up to the big kick off. Usually have a warm up game or two against lower league clubs but not this time it seems. Chance to sort out Haaland in the charity game. City bought Phillips from Leeds, not a fan of this lad, looks a bit like a Sam Allardyce signing.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #37: Jul 06, 2022 05:25:31 pm
      No easy games in the run up to the big kick off. Usually have a warm up game or two against lower league clubs but not this time it seems. Chance to sort out Haaland in the charity game. City bought Phillips from Leeds, not a fan of this lad, looks a bit like a Sam Allardyce signing.

I'd love another pre-season hiding of Utd.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #38: Jul 07, 2022 12:20:22 pm
      Tuesday 2pm British Time for the Manc Game.

Ive set LFCTV to record while Im work.

Pretty sure the whole squad will be together by then, holidays officially over.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39: Jul 09, 2022 03:13:14 am
      Tuesday 2pm British Time for the Manc Game.

Ive set LFCTV to record while Im work.

Pretty sure the whole squad will be together by then, holidays officially over.

Jürgen said the rest of the squad will either fly with the group Saturday evening to Bangkok, or meet them there when they land.

Those players will start training immediately and the staff will decide if the later arriving group might get 10-15 minutes vs. United. Either way, they will be more involved for the 2nd match vs. Palace, in Singapore.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #40: Jul 10, 2022 12:23:10 pm

I think Phillips is to make up the 'english contingent' in their squad, and he'll be lucky to even get time on the bench.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #41: Jul 10, 2022 12:46:42 pm
      Liverpool: Hundreds of fans greet squad in Bangkok

Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp could not resist a comparison as he tried to take in a typically enthusiastic Thai welcome.

"Was it like this yesterday when Manchester United came?" he asked.

There is something unique about the reception England's biggest clubs get when they visit the Far East.

Some waited more than six hours for Liverpool's arrival. Two hours before their flight was due to land, hundreds were waiting outside Bangkok Airport.

Liverpool landed in Thailand on Sunday, a day after Premier League rivals Manchester United. The two sides play each other on Tuesday before travelling to Australia for more pre-season matches.

By the time Klopp and his players were ready to leave the airport and be driven into the city, there were well over a thousand fans present.

Some were 50 yards away and probably didn't even get the merest glimpse of their heroes, given it only needed about three strides to get from the exit of the VIP room to the team bus.

Others stood in the central reservation to wave Liverpool off, the noise from the main body of supporters following them as they left.

Half an hour before, Klopp had led his players in honouring their Thai hosts in the traditional welcome ceremony.
      If that was orderly, the scene soon became chaotic as a press conference table was set up, with three seats - for Klopp, skipper Jordan Henderson and vice-captain James Milner.

The barrier that was supposed to be for media to stay behind was ignored and officials attempted in vain to clear space for questions to be asked in an orderly fashion. They had no chance, which is when Klopp asked for the comparison with Manchester United.

"I have never been to a press conference like this," he said as he was presented with a ball.

"Thank you for the really warm welcome. It is only my second time in Thailand, the first was an hour on the way to Sydney. Hopefully I get time to spend in the city this time."

Milner spoke about the 'energy' of the fans, while Klopp explained there is no such thing as a friendly between Liverpool and United.

If today's events are any guide, it should be a raucous atmosphere at the Rajamangala Stadium on Tuesday.

Forgot to add link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62112499
      « Last Edit: Jul 10, 2022 03:23:37 pm by RedPuppy »
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #42: Jul 10, 2022 12:58:55 pm
      Liverpool: Hundreds of fans greet squad in Bangkok

Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp could not resist a comparison as he tried to take in a typically enthusiastic Thai welcome.

"Was it like this yesterday when Manchester United came?" he asked.

There is something unique about the reception England's biggest clubs get when they visit the Far East.

Some waited more than six hours for Liverpool's arrival. Two hours before their flight was due to land, hundreds were waiting outside Bangkok Airport.

Liverpool landed in Thailand on Sunday, a day after Premier League rivals Manchester United. The two sides play each other on Tuesday before travelling to Australia for more pre-season matches.

By the time Klopp and his players were ready to leave the airport and be driven into the city, there were well over a thousand fans present.

Some were 50 yards away and probably didn't even get the merest glimpse of their heroes, given it only needed about three strides to get from the exit of the VIP room to the team bus.

Others stood in the central reservation to wave Liverpool off, the noise from the main body of supporters following them as they left.

Half an hour before, Klopp had led his players in honouring their Thai hosts in the traditional welcome ceremony.
      If that was orderly, the scene soon became chaotic as a press conference table was set up, with three seats - for Klopp, skipper Jordan Henderson and vice-captain James Milner.

The barrier that was supposed to be for media to stay behind was ignored and officials attempted in vain to clear space for questions to be asked in an orderly fashion. They had no chance, which is when Klopp asked for the comparison with Manchester United.

"I have never been to a press conference like this," he said as he was presented with a ball.

"Thank you for the really warm welcome. It is only my second time in Thailand, the first was an hour on the way to Sydney. Hopefully I get time to spend in the city this time."

Milner spoke about the 'energy' of the fans, while Klopp explained there is no such thing as a friendly between Liverpool and United.

If today's events are any guide, it should be a raucous atmosphere at the Rajamangala Stadium on Tuesday.

Klopp certainly upped the ante with his pop at United. Do we need a battle this early ?
      We all love a scrap with Mancheater but we don't want any strains or serious injury before we even get things started.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #44: Jul 10, 2022 03:25:14 pm
      Should be a competitive game. No Ronaldo for United. Club said he's not available due to family reasons. Probably wants out as he doesn't want to lower himself to playing in the Europa League.

Only signing so far looks like Eriksen. I mean we all admire Eriksen for his comeback but he't struggle to get a regular place. Rangnick was a disaster, Ten hag will find it tough to turn United round. Club has lost it's way and can't attract the big names anymore. Festered after the Old Soak packed up.

3-0.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #45: Jul 10, 2022 03:47:45 pm

Like the Beatles coming to America in '64.

When I lived in Washington DC, before you could get all the games at home, I'd watch our matches at this sports bar and along with British expats and converted Yanks, there would also be a sizeable contingent from embassy staff of Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore. I see a few years away hasn't dampened that support any

Quick Reply