Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Summer Pre-Season 2022

Read 32187 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,286 posts | 1399 
      Re: Summer Pre-Season 2022
      Reply #345: Jul 28, 2022 11:08:19 am
      I'd be shocked if Ox plays anything more than the early rounds of the domestic cups. Depending on injuries within the team anyway like. He's firmly at the bottom of the pecking order and his sulking in his last few appearances last season when he was subbed off probably didn't go unnoticed.

Well thought that was a given. It's whether Carvalho or Elliott can get a grip of the position and score and create enough to make the position their own.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #346: Jul 28, 2022 11:40:43 am
      The midfield is the area that hasn't been settled. It will probably be the same as last season with maybe Carvalho competing as an attacking midfielder. That attacking midfield role is up for grabs.

Elliott, The Ox. Carvalho,Jones the likely candidates or the boss could go with Hendo, Fabio and Thiago. Could throw Bobby into the mix playing just off the front 3.

As it stand now probably Elliott and Carvalho are the two hopefuls for that position and with 5 subs allowed this season we could see it being a mixed bag all season.

Just said in the bobbi thread I fancy him to play behind the front 3.
      Harrisimo

• 8,286 posts | 1399 
      Reply #347: Jul 28, 2022 12:19:42 pm
      Just said in the bobbi thread I fancy him to play behind the front 3.

Yeah could be an option poss for home games were we are expected to dominate. Wouldn't like to see Bobby relegated to a bit part role. Could be he'll be an option from the bench, either way he's a talent and he can make things happen. Too good to waste.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #348: Jul 28, 2022 01:01:50 pm
      Proper work out last night, the result wasn’t important, the performance was, effectively two different teams playing a half each, some played 60 some played 40+, I think we seen something close to the side V shitty at the end, and dare I say has given a Jürgen bit of a dilemma,

Impressive how young Carvalho has settled into the side having come from the Championship, moving up to the Prem is no easy feat but this fella has/looks the part already, Harvey played ok I guess with plenty of improvements yet to be had, Nunez is a beast, this for me feels like another jaw dropping signing nobody seen coming, he has the lot this fella, however, it’s his first campaign with us so don’t expect him to be scoring 20+ this initial season, 15+ plus would be brilliant, the pace and intensity  of the prem is eon’s ahead of the Portuguese top flight so this season is a learning curve,

Loved the way we zipped  the ball about for a couple  of spells last night when the big guns came on, and before anything else says it I think we will take some stopping, better than last season for sure, even without Mane, Shitty will be Shitty as per but signing Haaland won’t necessarily make them better, they already were approaching max points available only their own folly will be their downfall, so it’s down to us to cut out the silly games we draw or lose to the lesser mortals, in a nutshell we outpoint Shitty we win the league it’s that simple.

Very much looking forward to us ripping up the prem and becoming top dogs, again!!

Y  N  W  A
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #349: Jul 28, 2022 02:45:52 pm

Very much looking forward to us ripping up the prem and becoming top dogs, again!!

Y  N  W  A

Weren’t shitty city top dogs last year mate.  :f_whistle:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #350: Jul 28, 2022 04:20:53 pm
      Klopp confirming today Ali will play no part in Charity Shield on Saturday.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #351: Jul 28, 2022 04:40:37 pm
      Surprised there’s not been more noise about the young lad, Bajcetic. Displayed a great range of passing in that first half yesterday and looks extremely confident. Looking forward to seeing more of him this season when he features.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #352: Jul 28, 2022 05:05:28 pm
      Surprised there’s not been more noise about the young lad, Bajcetic. Displayed a great range of passing in that first half yesterday and looks extremely confident. Looking forward to seeing more of him this season when he features.

Mentioned him last week, looks a very good prospect, hence Pep wanting him involved with the first team squad.

Can see him being involved in the early rounds of Cup competitions.
      Harrisimo

• 8,286 posts | 1399 
      Reply #353: Jul 28, 2022 05:18:54 pm

Yeah he looked the part, passed it smoothly. Might see him again V Strasbourg. The City game will be more intense, no quarter given. Interested to see how we deal with Haaland. I expect Pep to start him from the bench, we might do the same with Nunez.

.."give the Haaland contract to Konata.."..
      Harrisimo

• 8,286 posts | 1399 
      Reply #354: Jul 28, 2022 08:12:27 pm

Said he should be OK for Fulham, but didn't sound very positive about Jota.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #355: Jul 28, 2022 11:33:38 pm

With Kelleher also injured, it means Adrian in goal... That's a big blow, I'm afraid. :(
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 765 
      Reply #356: Jul 29, 2022 12:02:09 am
      With Kelleher also injured, it means Adrian in goal... That's a big blow, I'm afraid. :(
      That sounds a tad borderline insulting to Adrian........He'd probably agree he doesn't rank quite as high as the other two, but he's a perfectly decent keeper...otherwise he wouldn't be in the first team squad at one of the biggest football clubs on the face of Planet Earth.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,168 posts | 1094 
      Reply #357: Jul 29, 2022 02:59:01 am
      As an American, it's LfCTVs membership worth. My wife ask me about it for my birthday.  Can you watch full matches? Academy games?
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #358: Jul 29, 2022 04:57:19 am
      That sounds a tad borderline insulting to Adrian........He'd probably agree he doesn't rank quite as high as the other two, but he's a perfectly decent keeper...otherwise he wouldn't be in the first team squad at one of the biggest football clubs on the face of Planet Earth.

I don't think it's insulting to say that playing without our number 1 and our number 2 gk is a big blow.

Adrian is a decent keeper, and can do the job. On his day, he can even be amazing. But he's also prone to major mistakes. Do you seriously believe our defense has as much trust in Adrian as they have in the other 2 gk? And have you?

That will undoubtedly influence our players mindset against City. And we know we need to be at 100% against them.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,538 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #359: Jul 29, 2022 06:25:04 am
      As an American, it's LfCTVs membership worth. My wife ask me about it for my birthday.  Can you watch full matches? Academy games?
      I believe it’s ‘some’ academy and women games, not all, and they show the occasional old game on there from seasons past, especially in build up to big games.

I’d say if it’s a birthday gift, give it a bash, lots of interesting stuff on there, and if you find yourself not watching it after a while, cancel it.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1629 
      Reply #360: Jul 29, 2022 06:58:35 am

There is a reason he is third in line though .
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #361: Jul 29, 2022 07:58:44 am

Adrian is an awful goalkeeper, at least not at the level of the Premier League. It's clear to see. He left West Ham for free for a reason. Yes he has saved us sometimes because he was in the goal when we had no one else but to think that he has the level to be here is delusional. He's 3rd choice behind Kelleher for a reason.
      And his performance against Athletico Madrid confirms that he should play only when we have no other option. He's here to fill a gap.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #362: Jul 29, 2022 08:33:14 am
      Not often the Boss wants more games but looks like a behind closed door friendly arranged after Fulham game
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #363: Jul 29, 2022 08:34:32 am

What is the actual.issue with Kelleher? What's happening with Ramsay as well . Passed medical but found something ?
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #364: Jul 29, 2022 09:32:04 am

Aye, because he’s a liability!! I’m always nervous when he’s in goal. He charges out like Brucie used too and he’s got a touch like Joe Hart!
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 765 
      Reply #365: Jul 29, 2022 10:16:50 am
      Which is precisely why I clearly wrote in the post that the player himself would admit to not ranking above the others.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 765 
      Reply #366: Jul 29, 2022 10:33:57 am
      Adrian is an awful goalkeeper, at least not at the level of the Premier League. It's clear to see. He left West Ham for free for a reason. Yes he has saved us sometimes because he was in the goal when we had no one else but to think that he has the level to be here is delusional. He's 3rd choice behind Kelleher for a reason.
      And his performance against Athletico Madrid confirms that he should play only when we have no other option. He's here to fill a gap.

OK let's just go through the points you make:

A. is an awful goalkeeper. He isn't awful, though admittedly less gifted than the other keepers at the club. (for reference, Pickford is awful)
      He most likely left WH because he no longer commanded top spot. I don't remember, or frankly care about his past.
      He saved us sometimes because he was in goal.....er OK
      He's third choice behind K. for a reason....No one is disputing his rank
      He should only play when we have no other option...Which is why klopp plays him tomorrow in the community shield.

Why being third in line is equated to being garbage is odd to me...in the Olympics they even give you a medal!

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #367: Jul 29, 2022 10:40:27 am
      Weren’t shitty city top dogs last year mate.  :f_whistle:

They were on May 29th, but that was last season, get over it Keith, I know it’s hard for you to accept your mediocrity and how your lot have fallen off the cliff and are still falling, with only the trap door to stop you,

A few years ago, it’s around Six now I believe since you lot were even in contention, don’t dare mention 2nd the season but last cos all that gave was false hope when the true reality was you were and still are sh*te,

So we move onto this new already fangled attempt at keeping up with the Jones’s, that’ll be us, City, Chavs, Spuds, & Arse leaving you lot fighting it out with Newcastle, Villa, Leicester and the bottom feeders for the mediocre cup, good luck with that, and I’m betting your are trembling with excitement with your new signings, especially erm, what’s his name, yanno’s, the fella with the heart condition, Erik….eh…Erik, Ericks… oh yes Erikson, Eric’s Son, don’t know if their related or not but maybe Ten Baag thought, this team needs Heart and be in good condition for us to challenge,

Am I rambling Keith ? Just like CR7, He’s another rambler, Ten baag has him in his plans but old Ronnie is  gonnie!!! 😂😂😂😂

Don’t worry Keith, Eric’s at the wheel??

YNWA

Quick Reply