Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Automated offside in World Cup?

Read 6726 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Automated offside in World Cup?
      Jul 01, 2022 07:10:48 pm
      https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12098/12643330/world-cup-2022-qatar-tournament-to-feature-semi-automated-offside-technology-with-ball-sensors-and-cameras

How long before this comes into the Premier League?

Him across the water going to have a field day on this one.  :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Automated offside in World Cup?
      Reply #1: Jul 01, 2022 07:22:11 pm

yes automating football is the way forward. These people in charge must be souless automatons . Football is about talking points trying to make it pure will kill parts of the game off
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #2: Jul 01, 2022 08:13:51 pm
      yes automating football is the way forward. These people in charge must be souless automatons.

Tim Vickery from BBC who does world football podcast said "all it is bunch of techno nerds with their toys ruining the game" and I tend to agree with it.

I like VAR to review plays that if a noticeable error is made (like player offside by a couple feet) but the obsession to have every decision correct (in the view of technology used) is just a but much.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #3: Jul 01, 2022 08:33:40 pm
      Their intent on ruining the game we know as football Fck wits playing with their gadgets ,
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,087 posts | 8519 
      Reply #4: Jul 02, 2022 01:46:50 pm
      When do they turn into the Terminator and start murdering the players, ref and rest of the crowd.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #5: Jul 04, 2022 06:30:47 am
      What's the problem? ??? The goal of this is to speed up offside calls.

It's not a Sunday morning kickabout. The World Cup Finals is the biggest and most important competition in the world. Therefore it is right that we have as many correct decisions as possible, to determine who wins and who has to try again in 4 years time. As I said from the beginning I don't care how long it takes to get the right decision, however if the technology is that advanced now to reach correct calls sooner, I can't really see why anyone would moan about it.

This is 2022. If you still want the game at the highest levels to be reffed just as it was back in 1872 or even 1972, well sorry but it ain't happening.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,087 posts | 8519 
      Reply #6: Jul 04, 2022 05:55:34 pm

It's not a Sunday morning kickabout. The World Cup Finals is the biggest and most important competition in the world. Therefore it is right that we have as many correct decisions as possible, to determine who wins and who has to try again in 4 years time. As I said from the beginning I don't care how long it takes to get the right decision, however if the technology is that advanced now to reach correct calls sooner, I can't really see why anyone would moan about it.

This is 2022. If you still want the game at the highest levels to be reffed just as it was back in 1872 or even 1972, well sorry but it ain't happening.

Because VAR is such a success!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7: Jul 04, 2022 06:03:45 pm

what a load of f***in crap as usual. You wouldnt understand the purity and passion and emotion of football if it hit you smack in the face what a tosser
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #8: Jul 04, 2022 06:09:24 pm
      what a load of f***in crap as usual. You wouldnt understand the purity and passion and emotion of football if it hit you smack in the face what a tosser

Blar blar blar, or should it be Blah blah blah  ;D

The more you respond to him the more he gets off on it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #9: Jul 04, 2022 06:42:21 pm
      Blar blar blar, or should it be Blah blah blah  ;D

The more you respond to him the more he gets off on it.

He is still on his Rafa rant lord knows what Rafa did to him but Rafa should have done it harder
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10: Jul 04, 2022 06:49:39 pm
      He is still on his Rafa rant lord knows what Rafa did to him but Rafa should have done it harder

I learned a long time ago not to take the bait he gives members  ;D  He even put a cream cake on the hook once, was sooooo tempted to nibble on it though.  :lmao:
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #11: Jul 09, 2022 11:53:50 am
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      Because VAR is such a success!!

It is a success. So much so that even the Scots who laughed and mocked and dismissed it when it started down south, now are going to bring it in. Albeit only after the World Cup, but better late than never.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #12: Jul 09, 2022 02:28:33 pm
      It is a success. So much so that even the Scots who laughed and mocked and dismissed it when it started down south, now are going to bring it in. Albeit only after the World Cup, but better late than never.

It hasn’t been a success, it’s fckin failed on numerous occasions, only you Fck off for a bit , when it fails , it does Fck all for the game kills goal celebration fans go to games for enjoyment and the buzz not to wait for some silly c**t to play with lines on a computer , Fck the sterile game you advocate so much
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13: Jul 09, 2022 03:44:20 pm
      It hasn’t been a success, it’s fckin failed on numerous occasions, only you Fck off for a bit , when it fails ,

You know/read him as well as me.  :lmao:
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #14: Jul 09, 2022 09:51:41 pm
      Quote from andylfcynwa
      It hasn’t been a success, it kills goal celebration fans go to games for enjoyment and the buzz not the sterile game you advocate so much

I don't advocate a sterile game, whatever that's supposed to mean. I advocate the right decision made. There's simply way too much at stake, for the wrong decision to be allowed to stand, especially at the World Cup.

Fans go to watch their teams get results, as results are everything. Nobody said you can't celebrate goals, so you celebrate as much as you want. The goal still has to be checked so it complies with the laws of the game.

From the amount of wrong decisions corrected and the amount of new countries and confederations adopting it all the time, shows how much of a success it is.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #15: Jul 10, 2022 02:30:08 am
      I don't advocate a sterile game, whatever that's supposed to mean. I advocate the right decision made. There's simply way too much at stake, for the wrong decision to be allowed to stand, especially at the World Cup.

Fans go to watch their teams get results, as results are everything. Nobody said you can't celebrate goals, so you celebrate as much as you want. The goal still has to be checked so it complies with the laws of the game.

From the amount of wrong decisions corrected and the amount of new countries and confederations adopting it all the time, shows how much of a success it is.
      Are you a Fck wit on purpose , you disappeared every time var fcked up only to pop up and spout you’re usuL sh*t and repetitiveness when they got it right , don’t know if you have been to any game couldn’t give a shiny one tbh but you come over as a know it  all righteous son of a bi*ch who  sucks the fckin oxygen out of the game , bet your some kind of fun in the ale house before a game .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16: Jul 10, 2022 04:26:38 pm

as a Famous Manc poster once said blah blah blah blah blah.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,087 posts | 8519 
      Reply #17: Jul 11, 2022 08:21:02 pm

Is it? Most match-goers would tell you it's anything but a success. It's pretty much completely killing off goal celebrations because you know what's coming next.

How the F**k is that a success?
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #18: Jul 19, 2022 01:43:53 pm
      Of course it's a success, which is why more leagues and tournaments have it. When you go to a game now, you accept that every goal will be checked. If you don't accept that, you don't have to go. Every game is sold out, so obviously match goers are willing to put up with what's coming next.

It doesn't make any difference whether it affects goal celebrations or not but from what I see anyway, every match goer celebrates just as they always did. There's a billion quid on the line in our league before you even talk about trophies, or in this case 2 years of blood sweat and tears, so the decision has to be correct. If the technology is available to confirm decisions faster, I cannot understand why anyone would object to that. Especially those who complain that they take too long atm.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,087 posts | 8519 
      Reply #19: Jul 19, 2022 01:49:03 pm
      It doesn't make any difference whether it affects goal celebrations or not but from what I see anyway, every match goer celebrates just as they always did.

Well I'm telling you as a seasie ticket holder who goes most games we F***ing don't!!

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #20: Jul 19, 2022 03:07:17 pm
      Well I'm telling you as a seasie ticket holder who goes most games we f**king don't!!

He's armchair fan at best so wouldn't know,  that's if he even supports you lot!  :lmao:
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #21: Jul 26, 2022 01:56:31 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      Well I'm telling you as a seasie ticket holder who goes most games we F***ing don't!!

When we score, I see 50,000 fans celebrating, season ticket holders, the richest, the poorest, the VIPs, the hospitality, the locals, the newbies, the daytrippers, the lot, along with everyone else who isn't as lucky to be there on the day. That's what I see. That's just goals at our home games. I don't see anyone terrified of what you say is coming next. Which 9 times out of 10, is nothing to worry about.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,087 posts | 8519 
      Reply #22: Jul 26, 2022 08:51:37 pm
      When we score, I see 50,000 fans celebrating, season ticket holders, the richest, the poorest, the VIPs, the hospitality, the locals, the newbies, the daytrippers, the lot, along with everyone else who isn't as lucky to be there on the day. That's what I see. That's just goals at our home games. I don't see anyone terrified of what you say is coming next. Which 9 times out of 10, is nothing to worry about.

When we score I'm in the middle of it.

Stop chatting out of your arse!!
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #23: Jul 28, 2022 01:57:24 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      When we score I'm in the middle of it.

No, you said your celebrations are killed as you said you know what's coming next, while the rest of us are going mad, even though we all know its a provisional decision until the check is complete. VAR is established here now and we're not going back to human error and injustices every week, just so you can celebrate goals as you used to.

Whether you go to games or not, the VAR doesn't care either way. It's not there to kill your celebrations, it's there to see justice done on the spot. I'm already 100% confident that after this WC, there will be no complaints about the speed of offside decisions by VAR at the tournament, by those who can go to it and those who can't.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,087 posts | 8519 
      Reply #24: Jul 28, 2022 04:22:46 pm
      No, you said your celebrations are killed as you said you know what's coming next, while the rest of us are going mad, even though we all know its a provisional decision until the check is complete. VAR is established here now and we're not going back to human error and injustices every week, just so you can celebrate goals as you used to.

Whether you go to games or not, the VAR doesn't care either way. It's not there to kill your celebrations, it's there to see justice done on the spot. I'm already 100% confident that after this WC, there will be no complaints about the speed of offside decisions by VAR at the tournament, by those who can go to it and those who can't.

F**k off twisting words, you knew exactly what I meant armchair fan!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #25: Jul 28, 2022 05:39:19 pm
      F**k off twisting words, you knew exactly what I meant armchair fan!!

Why you talking to a bot? You like talking to machines.  :lmao: There’s enough on betting websites without having them on here, granted it’s just the one but ones more than enough.  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #26: Jul 29, 2022 01:33:31 pm
      Why you talking to a bot? You like talking to machines.  :lmao: There’s enough on betting websites without having them on here, granted it’s just the one but ones more than enough.  ;D

you calling a "Bot" are you going soft in your old age he is a F****** P****** and a total A********. Emotion is so much a part of going to the game and to see a goal ticked off because someone wears size 12 boots as apposed to size 8 is a killer. After a goal the emotion is instant and I think people are being robbed or even mugged by this crap endorsed only by idiots .
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27: Jul 29, 2022 01:53:43 pm
      you calling a "Bot" are you going soft in your old age he is a F****** P****** and a total A********. Emotion is so much a part of going to the game and to see a goal ticked off because someone wears size 12 boots as apposed to size 8 is a killer. After a goal the emotion is instant and I think people are being robbed or even mugged by this crap endorsed only by idiots .

Bots don't have emotions, that's why the machine never agrees with us  :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #28: Jul 29, 2022 05:53:41 pm
      Bots don't have emotions, that's why the machine never agrees with us  :lmao:

we have a whole season of it and the Corrupt WC mid season break to come. Maybe with automated Offsides they could couple this to assault rifles this way the offending attacker would be more careful
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #29: Aug 09, 2022 12:46:47 pm
      Emotion is a part of the game, but it doesn't pay the bills, or sort the winners from the losers at the end of the season. The results do that, so the results of games must be what they're supposed to be, according to the rules. 

You're not offside by a toe or a boot or a head or a shoulder, you're simply either offside or you're not. There's nothing to debate when it comes to the implementation of the offside law, it's factual. The new technology is not even waiting for the World Cup to come round. It's happening tomorrow at the Super Cup Final, and then it will be in the European Cup. So we will experience it ourselves sooner than anticipated.

The reality is that we can't have a game without rules, and they are there for a reason. You can celebrate goals any way you want but if you attend any of our games, you automatically accept that VAR will be in operation and may have to be used. And if you don't want that, then nobody is forcing you to show up. VAR is now in every major competition on the planet, because it (usually) works the way it's supposed to.

Quick Reply