Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Joe Gomez handed new contract

Read 3476 times
      Stoertebembel
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 283 posts | 62 
      Joe Gomez handed new contract
      Jul 07, 2022 04:51:42 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Joe Gomez handed new contract
      Reply #1: Jul 07, 2022 04:52:52 pm

you right mate 5 more years for Joe great News
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #2: Jul 07, 2022 04:56:38 pm
      Great news really :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #3: Jul 07, 2022 05:26:52 pm
      Really glad to hear this. CB is really sorted for awhile with this signing.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #4: Jul 07, 2022 06:32:01 pm
      Good the Klopp and club were able to convince him that he is part of the long terms plans going forward. Going to be tough competition for playing time with Matip find a good run of being fit. Just has to bide his time and capitalize when his opportunity comes.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #5: Jul 07, 2022 06:37:50 pm
      Before his injury that made him lose his place, I thought he was a future legend. I still think he's potentially going to be amazing.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #6: Jul 07, 2022 07:25:14 pm
      He's only had 142 appearances for the club, I'm quite surprised as I thought he'd had more. His injuries have  had such a damaging impact on his career. As above I expected him to be a future star.
      If he can get back fo his peak he could be Konate's partner after VVD and Matip retire.
      If the injuries have permanently affected him we still have a good quality backup for the next 5 years.

The only concern is that he obviously has a history of serious injury and we need to maintain squad depth.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #7: Jul 07, 2022 09:47:30 pm
      Great news. I do hope he gets more games at CB this season as much as I love Joel I think it's better long term to have Joe playing more frequently
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #8: Jul 07, 2022 10:16:17 pm
      Great news!! 

Honestly, Julian Ward is playing a blinder!!  Signed Diaz in January after only having been in the role for a few months.  Then signs Darwin, Carvalho, and Ramsey for around 100M, but recoups most of the outlay with the fees for Taki, Mane, and Neco.  Also signs Mo and Joe to new long term deals.  The guy is F***ing killing it right now!!
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #9: Jul 07, 2022 11:16:07 pm
      Amazing news! He's had the worst luck with injuries but every time, he comes back and proves his doubters wrong.

Not only is he a very solid player, but his presence in the squad is also good news for the CL/PL home-grown quotas in place.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #10: Jul 07, 2022 11:53:35 pm
      Good sign of stability this and adds to the list of players who've extended their deals and opted for continuity and proven success under this manager. I liked the boss's comments about Joe being part of the furniture, one of the longest serving players under his tenure, and an outstanding professional and in excellent shape ahead of the new season. That positivity speaks volumes.

We know if he's fit Joe is an excellent partner to the big man next to him, and we've got three of those. Rock solid in that area now and for the next few seasons as well. You'd have to be honest and say he's got a job on nailing down a regular place but he will no doubt be an important part of the squad, especially if we carry on at this level of performance overall, and injuries permitting, he may find his opportunities increase as others mature and eventually fade.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #11: Jul 08, 2022 05:10:07 pm
      Can play along the back 4 and is not just back up, serious contender for a regular place. Neco gone to Forrest, that's about £67m back in the kitty.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #12: Jul 08, 2022 06:51:53 pm
      Sweet, I reckon Joe will feature a lot more this season, more than he did last season anyways, while Matip & Konate have been superb I still think a fully fit & healthy Joe Gomez could force his way back to be Virgil’s buddy, at the time those two partnered up there wasn’t many better CB pairing’s than them on the planet!!!

Get in Joe !!

Y  N  W  A
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #13: Jul 08, 2022 10:31:28 pm
      Sweet, I reckon Joe will feature a lot more this season, more than he did last season anyways, while Matip & Konate have been superb I still think a fully fit & healthy Joe Gomez could force his way back to be Virgil’s buddy, at the time those two partnered up there wasn’t many better CB pairing’s than them on the planet!!!

Get in Joe !!

Y  N  W  A

Is right Billy when them pair were fit and in tune pace power and great reading of the game .
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #14: Jul 09, 2022 08:39:04 pm
      This is fantastic news.
      Gomez is head and shoulders above the majority of centre backs not just in England but Europe too.
      He has everything. Composure, height, pace, leadership, great positioning. he's only 25 so will continue to improve aswell
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15: Jul 09, 2022 09:38:32 pm
      This is fantastic news.
      Gomez is head and shoulders above the majority of centre backs not just in England but Europe too.
      He has everything. Composure, height, pace, leadership, great positioning. he's only 25 so will continue to improve aswell

And truth be told if he wanted out, top clubs here and elsewhere in Europe would've been in for him and paid top money. So the club definitely haven't short changed him. It's a big signing and every fan knows it.

Quick Reply