Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

How Much Football Do You Watch?

Read 5822 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      How Much Football Do You Watch?
      Jul 13, 2022 04:38:23 am
      With season starting soon I am curious among the members how much football do you consume during the week and what leagues do you follow?

I know for myself there was a time (before having a family) that I would watch minimum one game a day and on weekends spend majority of my time watching games.

Now with other priorities in life I make enough time to watch Liverpool games and pieces of other games if the opportunity arises when it comes to football in Europe. I do follow MLS and CPL (local) as the timing of the games (evenings as oppose to morning/afternoon for European games) I am more likely to be free to enjoy the games.

RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Re: How Much Football Do You Watch?
      Reply #1: Jul 13, 2022 11:08:34 pm
      Used to watch loads of footy, across multiple leagues/tournaments.

Now I watch the Liverpool games and sometimes miss thoseā€¦lost interest in it all a bit over the last few years, all seems a bit too predictable these days unfortunately
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2: Jul 16, 2022 12:33:15 pm
      Mostly Liverpool games, some Premier League games, Champions League and international competitions.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #3: Jul 16, 2022 06:43:52 pm
      Not as much as I used to. I find it all a bit of a soap opera these days.

I watch some Liverpool games, but only if I have nothing else planned. I won my change plans to fit in football.

higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #4: Jul 16, 2022 07:13:43 pm
      Liverpool games and that's it.

Used to watch all sorts but can't be bothered these days.

Even now watching us play I don't find myself getting into it as much, I guess because we've been so good I just fully expect us to win. And most of the time that's the case.

For instance if we went one down years ago I'd have been fuming, screaming and shouting at the TV. Not so much now as a lot of the time we'll still win handy enough.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #5: Jul 20, 2022 07:31:38 pm
      Mostly just LFC, some champions league games hoping other English teams lose 😁 and the major International tournaments after the pool games are finished.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #6: Jul 20, 2022 08:30:35 pm
      Liverpool and maybe odd big game . Zero interest in other leagues or National games
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #7: Jul 20, 2022 09:02:05 pm
      Probably not as much as I used to. Pick and choose more these days.but on an average weekend I may watch 6 or 7 games from all the major leagues in Europe. Quite often I will have 3 or 4 games on the go at the same time  or keep an eye on something on my tablet
      DMS
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #8: Jul 26, 2022 12:18:28 am
      I watch all Liverpool's games, then the best of the rest when we're not playing, Premier League, Champions League, La Liga, Bundesliga and Scots Prem, even some league of Ireland stuff if there's nothing else on, shot, just realised I watch a lot of football  :f_tongueincheek:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #9: Jul 26, 2022 06:04:12 pm
      I love watching football luckily so dose my wife
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #10: Jul 27, 2022 09:32:14 am
      All the games of ours I can if I'm not working and MOTD and that's about it.

No time to watch anything else to be honest
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #11: Jul 27, 2022 10:17:27 am
      Usually have a season ticket at motherwell, but Ive patched that till we sack Graham Alexander. His brand of football is absolute dogshite. :(

Watch every liverpool game Live on sky/BT etc. or via stream if stuck, worse case the sky or LFCTV highlights. Never MOTD BBC cu*ts. ;D

Watch every scotland game, sometimes at hampden but usually on TV.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #12: Jul 27, 2022 10:24:31 am
      all of our games and some interesting CL games and EPL games. As a kid it would be a rare treat to watch England on TV usually highlights but cant be bothered now. So looking forward to this season and possibly the world Cup games in November.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #13: Jul 27, 2022 11:02:45 am
      All of our games. Will try and watch whatever televised PL/CL is on as well but they're usually just stuck on the background on the iPad or something whilst I'm doing other things. Can't remember the last time I watched an international match that wasn't a major tournament.

Miss the days of sitting down and watching La Liga on Sky!
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #14: Jul 27, 2022 01:15:11 pm
      Actually going to the games: I went to loads 70's,80's and into the 90's, home and away. Last live match I went to was FA cup final against Sunderland back in the day. Came out of Wembley and realised I'd been bored all day, all that had represented excitement in going the match was gone and has never, and will never come back.
      TV. I'll watch Saturday lunchtime games on BT..(not all)...Most, if not all champions league (English teams)
      ..and I'll usually put MOTD on, if nothing else happening, and at my age nothing else is happening

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #15: Jul 29, 2022 05:40:00 pm
      Usually have a season ticket at motherwell, but Ive patched that till we sack Graham Alexander. His brand of football is absolute dogshite. :(

Watch every liverpool game Live on sky/BT etc. or via stream if stuck, worse case the sky or LFCTV highlights. Never MOTD BBC cu*ts. ;D

Watch every scotland game, sometimes at hampden but usually on TV.

your wish has come true mate
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #16: Jul 30, 2022 09:51:08 am

Superb mate. So happy. Never had so much hatred for a manager in my life.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #17: Jul 30, 2022 10:04:54 am
      Hardly any, last season. I have ADHD (so my mind races most of the time), and last year I was diagnosed with High blood pressure. The doc gave me blood pressure meds, and I decided I needed to take more care of myself. I celebrated 24 years of my 30th birthday this month, so I'm no spring chicken. I decided to restrict myself to a handful of Liverpool games as a result. The irony is that the games I did watch, turned out to be some of the most intense of the season :D

This season I would like to watch a lot more, and to that end, I'm going to try and keep my emotions in check. Yeah, I know, good luck with that.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #18: Jul 30, 2022 05:59:09 pm
      I watch us and us only. That's stressful enough. The rest takes care of itself.

I made the mistake of turning to the city villa game at 0-2 last season as the stress of our game was pushing me to breaking point. Needless to say I won't do that again.

Not interested in in-gur-lund (hope they lose) or any international football. I'd burn it to the ground if I could.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #19: Aug 01, 2022 09:25:07 pm
      I've not got Sky, BT and don't stream games. My local pub is run by a Liverpool fan, I go there to watch as many LFC matches as I can. There is usually a good crowd of LFC fans and fans from other teams. It's friendly, never hostile. I go to watch every game unless I'm at work (have to do some weekends) or playing 5 a side (on Wednesday evening).

I watch a lot of the international tournaments, every game I can. Rarely watch qualifying games.
      I watch some of the FA cup games when they are on BBC or ITV, even crap teams. 1 or 2 games on each of the FA cup weekends.
      I usually watch MOTD every week.

I go to a few Bristol Rovers games but none since the pandemic. They are my local team and have terraces for the majority of the fans which I like. They got promoted last season so I might go again but on the negative side they have Joey f**king Barton as manager.

I listen to other games on 5 live but usually doing something else and it's in the background.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #20: Aug 01, 2022 09:34:02 pm
      I've not got Sky, BT and don't stream games. My local pub is run by a Liverpool fan, I go there to watch as many LFC matches as I can. There is usually a good crowd of LFC fans and fans from other teams. It's friendly, never hostile. I go to watch every game unless I'm at work (have to do some weekends) or playing 5 a side (on Wednesday evening).

I watch a lot of the international tournaments, every game I can. Rarely watch qualifying games.
      I watch some of the FA cup games when they are on BBC or ITV, even crap teams. 1 or 2 games on each of the FA cup weekends.
      I usually watch MOTD every week.

I go to a few Bristol Rovers games but none since the pandemic. They are my local team and have terraces for the majority of the fans which I like. They got promoted last season so I might go again but on the negative side they have Joey f**king Barton as manager.

I listen to other games on 5 live but usually doing something else and it's in the background.
      Joey another from the parish of two dogs fightin
      harle92
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #21: Aug 04, 2022 07:48:13 am
      I am obsessed with football
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #22: Aug 04, 2022 08:26:22 am
      Almost all Liverpool games obviously, may miss the odd League Cup game if its thrown onto a Tuesday or something like that.

I used to watch the odd Serie A game on Channel 4 but that was way back. I'd try and religiously watch every World Cup game but with family now, no chance and certainly not this year.

I don't really watch any PL games without us in, just stick to the highlights.

Quick Reply