Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

How Much Football Do You Watch?

Read 5826 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Re: How Much Football Do You Watch?
      Reply #23: Aug 04, 2022 09:09:25 am

Perhaps you should try to kick your obsession into touch !
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #24: Aug 05, 2022 07:50:31 pm
      Almost all Liverpool games obviously, may miss the odd League Cup game if its thrown onto a Tuesday or something like that.

I used to watch the odd Serie A game on Channel 4 but that was way back. I'd try and religiously watch every World Cup game but with family now, no chance and certainly not this year.

I don't really watch any PL games without us in, just stick to the highlights.

Huge fan of Serie A growing up. Think you and I are of a similar age so Ch 4 was a staple back then with James Richardson.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #25: Aug 05, 2022 07:54:48 pm
      I 'try' to watch every single one of our games, work permitting... and if we aren't playing and I have free time, I might watch the other 'big' clubs and hope they drop points.

Also most big CL games.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #26: Aug 14, 2022 06:47:45 pm
      Watched Chelsea V Spurs..decent game, must say Chelsea looked better team and will be in the top 4. Bit of gesturing at the end but nothing to see really. Conte was the bad guy.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #27: Oct 04, 2022 02:34:06 pm
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #28: Oct 04, 2022 02:44:26 pm
      No where near as much as I used too , it’s slowly grinding me down from the money to the fckin cheats out on the pitch , to var, to the useless fckin comms who are afraid to say it as it is , It seems to be obligatory now after the slightest knock to do the blood wipe and check , feigning injury at every opportunity I’d ban every one that does it minimum three games to start sucking the soul and spirit out of the game .
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #29: Oct 04, 2022 05:29:58 pm
      No where near as much as I used too , it’s slowly grinding me down from the money to the fckin cheats out on the pitch , to var, to the useless fckin comms who are afraid to say it as it is , It seems to be obligatory now after the slightest knock to do the blood wipe and check , feigning injury at every opportunity I’d ban every one that does it minimum three games to start sucking the soul and spirit out of the game .

Agree with all of the above. Me, I used to be so hooked on anything L.F.C. that it cost me my first marriage . Back in the day Liverpool football club was my life totally I dread to think how much money I spent travelling up to Anfield and every away game I could fit in but never regretted it one bit.
      Not quite the same now as IMO football is not the same unfortunately.
      You realise that as you get older despite what Shanks said there is more important things in life.
      Yes I hate it when we lose but not like I used to when I took it personally and would be a right miserable git all weekend and most of the following week till we played again.
      Will not stop me cheering on the Lads tonight though. 3 -1 the Redmen.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #30: Oct 09, 2022 09:36:22 pm
      Quote from higgy_sham
      Even now watching us play I don't find myself getting into it as much, I guess because we've been so good I just fully expect us to win. And most of the time that's the case.

For instance if we went one down years ago I'd have been fuming, screaming and shouting at the TV. Not so much now as a lot of the time we'll still win handy enough.

I hope you're not hoarse from the amount of shouting and screaming this season.

Quote from gazred
      I watch a lot of the international tournaments, every game I can. Rarely watch qualifying games.

I scratch my head when I see this stuff. It's like saying that you watch a lot of European Cup Finals, but rarely a group game.

It makes me laugh as well because the people who tell me they hate international football, will all be glued to the WC, knowing everything there is to know about it, when it's on. Never has the world been so excited at the prospect of watching a Qatar v Ecuador game. But the tournament is the end of a 2-3 year long hard slog, not a 4 week break from the norm.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #31: Oct 10, 2022 04:34:55 pm

It makes me laugh as well because the people who tell me they hate international football, will all be glued to the WC, knowing everything there is to know about it, when it's on. Never has the world been so excited at the prospect of watching a Qatar v Ecuador game. But the tournament is the end of a 2-3 year long hard slog, not a 4 week break from the norm.

I don't hate international football, it's not as good as the Premier league.

In the UK the tournaments are on free to air TV so I watch all the games, unless I'm at work. Qualifying games are mostly on pay TV, especially the other non-England home nations. I don't have time or money to pay for those games and rarely go to pub to watch them. Northern Ireland games are rarely shown in any pubs near me.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #32: Oct 11, 2022 08:06:22 pm
      I don't hate international football, it's not as good as the Premier league.

In the UK the tournaments are on free to air TV so I watch all the games, unless I'm at work. Qualifying games are mostly on pay TV, especially the other non-England home nations. I don't have time or money to pay for those games and rarely go to pub to watch them. Northern Ireland games are rarely shown in any pubs near me.

Plus most of the qualifying games are sh*te anyway

Quick Reply