Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Woman's FIFA World Cup 2023

Read 8000 times
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 828 posts | 298 
      Re: Woman's FIFA World Cup 2023
      Reply #92: Sep 04, 2023 03:23:07 pm
      The recent Hermoso statement in full.

After obtaining one of the most desired achievements of my sporting career and after a few days of reflection, I want to thank, with all my heart, my teammates, fans, followers, media and everyone who has made this dream a reality; your work and unconditional support has been a fundamental part to be able to win the World Cup.
      In reference to what has happened today [Rubiales’ speech] and while I don’t want to interfere with the multiple ongoing legal procedures, I feel obligated to say that the words of Mr Luis Rubiales explaining the unfortunate event are categorically false and part of the manipulative culture he has created.
      I want to make clear that not in any moment did the conversation occur that Mr Luis Rubiales references, and much less that his kiss was consensual. In the same way I want to reiterate how I did in that moment that what happened was not enjoyable.

The situation left me in shock because of the context of the celebration, and with the time passed, and those initial feelings being able to sink, I feel the need to denounce this as I feel that no one, in no work space, sporting or social, should be a victim to this time of unconsensual behaviour. I felt vulnerable and a victim of aggression, an impulsive act, sexist, out of place and without any type of consent from my part. In short, I wasn’t respected.
      I was asked to released a joint statement to relieve the pressure off the president, but in those moments, in my head I only had being able to celebrate the historic achievement I accomplished with my teammates. That’s why, in that moment I communicated with the RFEF … and the same with media and people I trust, that I would not be releasing an individual statement nor a joint statement about the matter, as I understood that, by doing it, I would take away the spotlight from a very special moment for my teammates and I.

Despite my decision I have to state that I have been under constant pressure to come out with some sort of statement that would justify the acts of Mr Luis Rubiales. Not only that, but also, via different ways and different people, the RFEF has pressured my close circle (family, friends, teammates, etc) so I would give a statement that had little or nothing to do with how I felt.

It’s not my place to evaluate communication practices or integrity, but I am sure that as world champions we do not deserve a culture so manipulative, hostile and controlling. These types of incidents are added to a long list of situations that us, the players, have been [enduring] for the last few years, for what has been done, for what I have experienced, this is only a drop in a full glass and only what the whole world has been able to see. Acts like these have been part of daily life in our national team for years.
      Overall, I want to restate my position that I have taken from the start, considering that I don’t have to support the person that has committed this action against my will, who didn’t respect me, in a historic moment for me and for women’s sport of this country.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 828 posts | 298 
      Reply #93: Sep 04, 2023 03:32:20 pm
      When you get to a certain age in life, you realise that one of the first things a woman asks you, is about your marital status, and whether you have a family of your own or not. Some of them won't even bother saying hello to introduce themselves beforehand. That's what they want to know, and I understand why, even if they don't necessarily like the answer. But it does show that it's more important to them than most other things in life.

At what point will this realisation kick in? How old do I have to be. I'm quite old now and it's not happening.

As I get older I understand more and more that all people have got different opinions and aspirations in life. Unfortunately, a significant proportion of men want to continue to wallow in misogynistic attitudes. 
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #94: Sep 04, 2023 04:46:29 pm
      https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12952643/luis-rubiales-spanish-fa-president-again-defends-mutual-and-consented-world-cup-final-kiss-with-jenni-hermoso

"The spontaneity and happiness of the historic moment led us to carry out a mutual and consented act, the product of great enthusiasm. At no time was there any aggression, indeed, there was not even the slightest discomfort, but an overflowing joy in both.

"I repeat: with the consent of both parties, both with affectionate hugs, as well as the kiss and subsequent parting thereafter full of affectionate mutual gestures, which occurred in the medal ceremony on stage.

Doubt anyone that saw it would think there's a consenting snog on the gob   This F***ing guy is for the birds.  How has he not been fired.

Whatever about the act itself,  his defense of what he did is basically lies and he deserves to be fired for for that alone !!!

This has got unbelievable publicity, he's got a neck like a jockeys bollox to still be there.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 877 posts | 102 
      Reply #95: Sep 05, 2023 07:55:45 pm
      So they've got rid of Vilda and replaced him with a  woman, the feminist juggernaut just keeps gaining momentum.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #96: Sep 05, 2023 08:13:30 pm
      If he had just apologized this would have been over a long time ago and everyone would have moved on.

Quick Reply