Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

What the Team will be Like This Season

Read 3894 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: What the Team will be Like This Season
      Reply #23: Aug 03, 2022 08:30:21 am

What the actual f**k are you gobbing off at, so what you are saying is we won’t bother building from the back anymore we’re just gonna lump it up to Nunez so he can have a go at heading the ball goalwards, f***in can’t wait for the season to start now that our game changing tactics have been revealed , i dunno but I’m sure the rest of the premiership are positively bricking it having to face us !!!

FFS honestly!!!
      Yes Billy!

From what I've seen this far, if anything  we will try even more combinations and through passes. Nunez's  running will create more room for playing between the lines.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,916 posts | 1475 
      Reply #24: Aug 03, 2022 08:38:24 am
      What the actual f**k are you gobbing off at, so what you are saying is we won’t bother building from the back anymore we’re just gonna lump it up to Nunez so he can have a go at heading the ball goalwards, f***in can’t wait for the season to start now that our game changing tactics have been revealed , i dunno but I’m sure the rest of the premiership are positively bricking it having to face us !!!

FFS honestly!!!

And when results don't go our way, Klopp is naive to be playing long ball. We can all tell that the post (not yours) is set up for a future wind up.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,272 posts | 761 
      Reply #25: Aug 03, 2022 10:00:44 am
      Full of desire to lift another trophy or two, winning the charity shield, kicked off the season in great style. Hopefully winning the title, which all supporters want, this season. I am sure we are all in for another great campaign under Jürgen Klopp, simply enjoy the ride !
      Scottbot

• 9,592 posts | 2153 
      Reply #26: Aug 03, 2022 11:50:28 am
      I thought we'd have a Fulham thread up and running by now! Chomping at the bit for the new season to start!!!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #27: Aug 09, 2022 12:50:59 pm
      Quote from billythered
      We’re going to win the lot, that’s why we’re here isn’t it, no point entering competition’s if your not in it to win it, why shouldn’t we settle for second as Clint believes

Great. Turning doubters to believers...

Personally i wouldn’t be too disappointed if the domestic cups took a back seat this season, the EPL & CL are the real deal for me and I want us %100 on them this time round.

IMAGINE BEING US !!!

Y  N  W  A

...sadly, the belief didn't even last an entire post, let alone a season.

While I want us to try and win the lot, I'll take anything tbh, even if it's only the domestic cups. The focus should be, win something. If you want a parade, then winning something is essential.

We've been spoiled over the past few years to such an extent, that even a draw in the first leg of a League Cup semi final, means pages and pages and threads of misery and meltdown on this very forum. That was barely 6 months ago. So that should not be forgotten, when you're deciding what competitions we should throw away asap.
      Harrisimo

• 8,155 posts | 1381 
      Reply #28: Aug 11, 2022 03:51:11 pm
      Drinks break being allowed this weekend.

VVD: Dry sherry...slightly chilled...* ahh..what else for the King of Cool..*
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,895 posts | 4966 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #29: Aug 11, 2022 03:54:43 pm
      Great. Turning doubters to believers...

...sadly, the belief didn't even last an entire post, let alone a season.

While I want us to try and win the lot, I'll take anything tbh, even if it's only the domestic cups. The focus should be, win something. If you want a parade, then winning something is essential.

We've been spoiled over the past few years to such an extent, that even a draw in the first leg of a League Cup semi final, means pages and pages and threads of misery and meltdown on this very forum. That was barely 6 months ago. So that should not be forgotten, when you're deciding what competitions we should throw away asap.

If you had noticed my use of the word personal you just might begin to understand my post……

In the paragraph above I used the word ‘we’ meaning the club, which at this moment time are still in all 4 competitions so therefore should go all out to win them, my ………….personal take on it is we concentrate on winning the EPL & CL only….

So F**k OFF with your Sarcasm and engage your solitary brain cell prior to operating that hole in yer face !!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #30: Aug 19, 2022 01:45:45 pm
      I noticed what you said, and understood the lot. And my personal take is we focus on the lot, as we did last season. Winning the domestic cups is part of the deal, not merely a runners up prize. It feels great to have both the domestic cups back in the cabinet, and I won't want us to give them up without a fight, on the pitch.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #31: Aug 23, 2022 02:00:20 pm
      Not sure if it's for in this thread but certainly looks now that the squad is weaker than last season.

Nunez - Mané the only proper replacement.

Letting Origi and Minamino go, the latter of which was instrumental in runs that won 2 trophies last season.

Caravalho will be great but needs time.

The club has surely known that Ox and Keita were going to have to be moved on / replaced.

It seems wild that a team that came so close to a Quadruple now seems gassed after three games.

I said it elsewhere but the midfield looked good on paper but with so many injury prone players
      it's caught up immediately this season.

Why the need to throw away a season on the basis that "Jude Bellingham next season".
      Sorry but the money is there. Get him or a suitable alternative in.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs are going to be much harder to claw back than two seasons ago.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4893 
      Reply #32: Aug 23, 2022 03:43:35 pm
      Not sure if it's for in this thread but certainly looks now that the squad is weaker than last season.

Nunez - Mané the only proper replacement.

Letting Origi and Minamino go, the latter of which was instrumental in runs that won 2 trophies last season.

Caravalho will be great but needs time.

The club has surely known that Ox and Keita were going to have to be moved on / replaced.

It seems wild that a team that came so close to a Quadruple now seems gassed after three games.

I said it elsewhere but the midfield looked good on paper but with so many injury prone players
      it's caught up immediately this season.

Why the need to throw away a season on the basis that "Jude Bellingham next season".
      Sorry but the money is there. Get him or a suitable alternative in.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs are going to be much harder to claw back than two seasons ago.

It could very well be that many of us have overlooked these issues as the numbers always looked decent, if anything almost looked to have too many CM.

I'm still of the opinion that if the player we wanted was able to be got we would have signed them so we have decided to wait but it is worrying that the same old injury concerns have appeared so rapidly.

I may doing like a broken record but if we don't or can't sign a CM then we need to be thinking about changing the system to make the most of the players we have now. Playing the same three player system in midfield with what we have now simply isn't effective.

That's not even taking into account we now have a proper centre forward as well that is completely alien to this side.

For me the squad had changed but we maybe haven't changed style to fit the squad enough over the summer.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,762 posts | 388 
      Reply #33: Aug 23, 2022 06:54:15 pm
      Rumours of a return to a 4-2-3-1 I hear. This is a proper transition season and I just hope we the fans are fully aware not to expect much out of it.

Of course a top 4 finish is still vital.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,183 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #34: Aug 23, 2022 06:58:54 pm
      Rumours of a return to a 4-2-3-1 I hear. This is a proper transition season and I just hope we the fans are fully aware not to expect much out of it.

Of course a top 4 finish is still vital.

We’re going to have to improve pretty quickly to achieve that
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,762 posts | 388 
      Reply #35: Aug 23, 2022 07:05:16 pm
      We’re going to have to improve pretty quickly to achieve that

Yep we genuinely will.

Quick Reply