Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v City?

Adrián
      3 (4.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      7 (9.6%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (2.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      3 (4.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.4%)
       Fabinho
      3 (4.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.7%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      9 (12.3%)
      Luis Diaz
      5 (6.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      14 (19.2%)
      Darwin Núñez
      24 (32.9%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Voting closed: Aug 03, 2022 06:59:53 pm

Manchester City 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 12808 times
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Re: Manchester City 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #253: Jul 30, 2022 08:59:49 pm
      Losers medals not picked up by Citeh, sour grapes indeed  >:D
      Spoilt Children. Having said that I can't understand why medals are given to the winners or losers...It's really a pre season friendly isn't it?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #254: Jul 30, 2022 09:14:53 pm
      Spoilt Children. Having said that I can't understand why medals are given to the winners or losers...It's really a pre season friendly isn't it?

Of course not. It’s two top teams going hell for leather to send out a message. WE are the team to beat.

Do you think it looked like a friendly with the two line ups put out today ?
      I for one would have been totally pissed off gof s week if we lost it.
      The pre season friendlies are over, this is the season curtain raiser. Never ever seen a side play in it and not be worried about winning.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #255: Jul 30, 2022 09:18:38 pm

Bit ott /after time lad  :lmao:
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #256: Jul 30, 2022 09:21:28 pm
      Just goes to show what they think they are, and what they really are !
      Their manager should have insisted they pick up the medals, but he’s clearly classless as well.
      Horrible arrogant bas**rds who clearly think they have a right to win.

Disrespectful in my opinion, as though they think they're above picking up a losers medal, like JD said, prize bellends.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #257: Jul 30, 2022 09:29:18 pm
      The notion that the Charity Shield is a friendly is waning slightly. If a team outside the top 6/8 or even a Championship team that wins the FA cup then the rivalry won't be as intense. But there's no real reason why it should be a friendly anyway. The rivalry increases the interest and the money it attracts.

City put out a team to win, as we did. They played their ace up front, we kept ours up our sleave. No quarter asked etc. It was a genuine contest. Curtain raiser, no complaints.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #258: Jul 30, 2022 09:32:41 pm
      Nunez gives us a whole new dimension right in the box. He is a header threat and we did not have that so far. This will make our crosses even more effective. Will be interesting to see how Jürgen & Pep will install Darwin: just as a goal threat that waits up front or more as an offensive midfielder that gets opportunities to pass/run the ball as well.

Elliott looked overmatched. 😐
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #259: Jul 30, 2022 09:44:22 pm
      ~I may be wrong but I think Haaland will come a cross much more physical defenders in the EPL than in the Bunderthingy but he really has taken a beating with the ugly stick.
      We came so close to winning everything last season its hard to imagine our squad could have been better but I think it is now and thats evident from today. Its going to be a fantastic season
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #260: Jul 30, 2022 09:46:02 pm
      Nunez gives us a whole new dimension right in the box. He is a header threat and we did not have that so far. This will make our crosses even more effective. Will be interesting to see how Jürgen & Pep will install Darwin: just as a goal threat that waits up front or more as an offensive midfielder that gets opportunities to pass/run the ball as well.

Who is this guy?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #261: Jul 30, 2022 09:52:07 pm

Eh?
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #262: Jul 30, 2022 09:53:46 pm

Just amazed he hasn't slated Keita
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #263: Jul 30, 2022 09:57:27 pm
      Of course not. It’s two top teams going hell for leather to send out a message. WE are the team to beat.

Do you think it looked like a friendly with the two line ups put out today ?
      I for one would have been totally pissed off gof s week if we lost it.
      The pre season friendlies are over, this is the season curtain raiser. Never ever seen a side play in it and not be worried about winning.
      it was a general question relating to the fixture, not this match. For the record I'm over the F***ing moon we won, but I have read loads of editorials over the years that refer to it as a friendly...My central point was however whether medals are warranted..I think not.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #264: Jul 30, 2022 10:02:56 pm
      Probably all gone a bit overboard, to be expected after that win. Think it's probably too early to call Nunez and indeed Haaland. I mean the signs are good but I will be more convinced after 5-8 games or so. We know the Boss won't go mad. Still a learning curve for Nunez, think we all know that.

Always up & downs, it's how we recover and make sure the defeats are rare. Think Trent was alluding to us pressing even better than we have in recent seasons, on that front have to careful you don't knacker the team. We want the flair players to have the zip and energy when we are attacking.

Cracking start, see how it develops.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #265: Jul 30, 2022 10:08:53 pm
      No offence Keith...I've been advocating support for Adrian's selection for days. He's third in line, the others above him weren't available.
      Some of the comments over the last few days IMO lacked a bit of respect. He is a Liverpool player, and we are supporters, the clue is in the name...supporters

Moving on
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #266: Jul 30, 2022 10:38:21 pm
      see the Booing is getting headlines again. The Independent had a good line on it back in May
      "The booing is a cry for justice, for equality, a howl against hunger and poverty. It is depressing that so many in Britain cannot hear that"
      Thats a fair summation but I think it goes back not just to the 80's but even further back to 1911 with the Army on the Streets of Liverpool and Gun boats on the Mersey pointing their Guns at the City.
      I remember Radio City having an April 1st spoof saying we had declared independence if only.
      "
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #267: Jul 30, 2022 10:40:32 pm
      No offence Keith...I've been advocating support for Adrian's selection for days. He's third in line, the others above him weren't available.
      Some of the comments over the last few days IMO lacked a bit of respect. He is a Liverpool player, and we are supporters, the clue is in the name...supporters

Moving on

No offence taken hence the  :lmao:
      I’m not a lover of Adrian in any shape or form. You have the best No 1 since the days of Ray Clemence, the best No2 you’ve ever had at Liverpool to a No 3 that’s not worthy of a No 5. Just my opinion, he’s a liability which luckily you don’t have to rely on.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #268: Jul 30, 2022 10:41:05 pm

his last statement has given me a headache trying to work out what it means
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #269: Jul 30, 2022 11:08:34 pm
      see the Booing is getting headlines again. The Independent had a good line on it back in May
      "The booing is a cry for justice, for equality, a howl against hunger and poverty. It is depressing that so many in Britain cannot hear that"
      Thats a fair summation but I think it goes back not just to the 80's but even further back to 1911 with the Army on the Streets of Liverpool and Gun boats on the Mersey pointing their Guns at the City.
      I remember Radio City having an April 1st spoof saying we had declared independence if only.
      "
      Imagine...A city state like the Vatican, with Nadine Dorries or Ester Mcveigh as first minister...Godforbid
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #270: Jul 30, 2022 11:21:59 pm
      Noticed Jota picked up a medal must be close to returning?
      Also did not see pep giving interview after the game
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #271: Jul 31, 2022 12:50:17 am
      So good to see Nunez celebrate like that. May that be the spirit he carries into each and every game this season. Beast of a player.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #272: Jul 31, 2022 12:56:19 am
      Pep has been interviewed. Saw a clip and there's quotes about how blah blah happy he was with today and that Haaland is going to be amazing.

To be fair to City, they never had a chance as they've not had a preseason (unlike ourselves) and Haaland is not match fit either because sadly he hasn't had chance to be ready for the new season. So they said...  :f_whistle:

Heard one commentator say that on today's showing he can see that Haaland is going to have a fantastic season. Well... he didn't score, hardly touched the ball, and skied an open net absolute sitter. The hype train continues. If Nunez did what Haaland did today... well then...
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #273: Jul 31, 2022 01:08:12 am
      Pep has been interviewed. Saw a clip and there's quotes about how blah blah happy he was with today and that Haaland is going to be amazing.

To be fair to City, they never had a chance as they've not had a preseason (unlike ourselves) and Haaland is not match fit either because sadly he hasn't had chance to be ready for the new season. So they said...  :f_whistle:

Heard one commentator say that on today's showing he can see that Haaland is going to have a fantastic season. Well... he didn't score, hardly touched the ball, and skied an open net absolute sitter. The hype train continues. If Nunez did what Haaland did today... well then...

It’s quite scary how much people want Nunez and Haaland to flop.

You have to have unbelievable mental strength as a player not to let this rhetoric get to you.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #274: Jul 31, 2022 01:41:34 am
      First off get the F**k innnnn.

We've won the F***ing lot!

Was gutted when the final whistle went, the broadcaster decided to shut up shop. Never saw the Presentation, so cracked the shits and went to bed.

Those dirty bas**rds didn't collect their LOSER Medals hey? Wow, what a sh*t house thing to do.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #275: Jul 31, 2022 02:22:23 am
      You can never judge Haaland on the first game but I felt, as ever, that De Bruyne was far and away their most superior player. From what I heard pre season, I really banked on Haaland being at least a close second to KDB but there were numerous City players who had better displays. Haaland was surprisingly benign and to say Virgil has had tougher battles would be an understatement.

I reckon City will have to play a more direct, counter attacking game to get the best out of Haaland.

Quick Reply