Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Fulham?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1.5%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      6 (9.1%)
      James Milner
      6 (9.1%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (1.5%)
      Darwin NĆŗƱez
      49 (74.2%)
      FƔbio Carvalho
      1 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: Aug 10, 2022 02:25:18 pm

Fulham 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17449 times
      cocker the red
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 10 
      Re: Fulham 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Aug 06, 2022 04:44:22 pm
      Plenty of knee jerk reactions on here, although a poor performance we need to dig deep now for some midfield reinforcement
       before the window shuts .
      JĆ¼rgen did say a couple of days ago the only way he would go back into the transfer market if we get more injuries and hey presto Thiago goes off.
       Come on FSG splash some cash!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #415: Aug 06, 2022 04:49:22 pm
      Klopp on official site:

On 'how frustrating' the game was...

"You really want to know on a scale of one to 10? Twelve. Very. First of all, I have said it a couple of times, I feel much more responsible for defeats than if you win, and that's unfortunately my nature. The performance was a defeat ā€“ the result is not a defeat but the performance was a defeat and that's why we have to figure out what happened. It can happen. And again, if we win today and donā€™t learn anything from the game, much worse than getting a point and learn the right things ā€“ I'm fine with that. So that's what we are working on now. That's not us today, it was not us today. I donā€™t want to take anything away from Fulham, they did really well, but to be 100 per cent honest, we were in front of the goal and shouldā€™ve scored, so thatā€™s the truth as well. We played a really bad game and get a point, so that's all a truth as well. But playing the way we played is not how we should play and thatā€™s why my frustration about that is pretty high."
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #416: Aug 06, 2022 04:50:19 pm
      Expected a comfortable win today, disappointed to find out we had only drawn. Still a long way to go, too early to make any real judgement on how the season will go. Still at least Nunez scored his opening league goal for the team.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #417: Aug 06, 2022 05:08:03 pm
      Itā€™s not often, in fact I canā€™t even really remember a time when a performance has noticeably pissed Klopp off like this one has. Heā€™s repeatedly said it wasnā€™t good enough, heā€™s called it rubbish and he said the attitude of the players was completely wrong.

And heā€™s bang on.

The only players that showed the right attitude and put in a half decent performance were the 4 subs. Diaz in the first half but still wasnā€™t great.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #418: Aug 06, 2022 05:31:52 pm
      Total anti climax here. Was expecting much more after the display v city. Perhaps JĆ¼rgen was to as he started the same 10 outfield players.

Did we underestimate them, or were they so determined they didnā€™t let us get our passing going.
      At times it seemed like they had 12 men out there. There was no where for us to go without them stepping in and either tackling or intercepting.
      The times they ran past our players to intercept while we were stood still waiting for the ball to arrive. The amount of hurried passes that went to them,  and the desperate long ball clearances we made.
      We certainly didnā€™t look like we were enjoying it out there, being pressed and bullied off the ball, and no one stepped up and had a real reaction to it until Millie snd Nunez came on.
       Poor poor game to drop points in, only time will tell if we look back and say ā€˜ thatā€™s the game where we dropped 2 very poor pointsā€™

I gave Nunez motm as he did get amongst them and cause a bit of havoc in their back line. 
      Something nobody else had done previously !
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #419: Aug 06, 2022 05:41:05 pm
      Didnā€™t see that coming today woeful till Nunez came on. Hendo, Trent, Fab, Thiago, and Bobby were awful anyone still think we donā€™t need a midfielderā€¦.. canā€™t loose points at places like that it WILL COST IN THE END. We didnā€™t have a shot on target till Nunez come on he and Elliot changed the game, unfortunately Klopp got it wrong today and he should have changed it before half time
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #420: Aug 06, 2022 05:53:36 pm
      Terrible performance across the whole starting line-up. Trent needs serious competition for his place and Calvin isn't it and at 19 and only 28 games in the SPFL isn't going to be any time soon. His defending and general defensive concentration was awful today. Matip played ok but passed the ball straight to them countless times. Virgil looked off the pace slightly and when do you see hm getting rattled enough to give away a very weak and cheap pen? Robbo was not himself, Hendo was just chronic for most of the game, Fab was anything but, Thiago gave the ball away more times in one half than the whole of last season, Bobby was anonymous, and Mo and Luis got eff all decent service until the substitutions started happening. Nunez got about them and caused problems, scored and one assist for Mo, Millie brought fight (finally) to midfield. Harvey dd his bit. All in all for me, our worst performance under Klopp and I'm not sure he get's much blame tbh. The positive is we got a point we barely deserved and it might just be the point that wins the league. The other good news is we can only improve.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #421: Aug 06, 2022 05:58:36 pm
      Very discouraging performance. I know it's only the first game but with Thiago out now for potentially months I don't think we have the depth in midfield to win the title.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #422: Aug 06, 2022 06:03:51 pm
      Didnā€™t see that coming today woeful till Nunez came on. Hendo, Trent, Fab, Thiago, and Bobby were awful anyone still think we donā€™t need a midfielderā€¦.. canā€™t loose points at places like that it WILL COST IN THE END. We didnā€™t have a shot on target till Nunez come on he and Elliot changed the game, unfortunately Klopp got it wrong today and he should have changed it before half time

You can guarantee City will wipe the floor with Fulham. They don't tend to drop silly points against lower level opposition. Dropping points like today is what cost us the title last season.

We haven't added enough depth to our midfield IMO.

City have signed Kelvin Phillips and look to be signing another midfielder. Sad but I can't see us competing with that depth over a season.

I've been saying since start of the Summer we need to add a top midfielder. We need a player like Jude Bellingham now not next Summer!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #423: Aug 06, 2022 06:11:28 pm
      Totally ruined my Saturday that , after last Saturday was expecting much more from the boys , the only consolation I take from that game , is we canā€™t possibly play any worse than that , attitude and desire was all wrong today , was possibly the worst game Iā€™ve seen Trent have for us totally off it today .
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #424: Aug 06, 2022 06:15:13 pm
      Below par performance for an opening day game. Bright spark is Nunez scoring again. Gonna be hard to not start him at home against Palace.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #425: Aug 06, 2022 06:33:58 pm
      From the first whistle it was a lazy half arsed performance from all of them. It felt a bit of an arrogant effort, with the team thinking the game was won before a ball was kicked. The one and only credit is with the change of personnel, we at least managed to turn a defeat into a draw.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 981 posts | 65 
      Reply #426: Aug 06, 2022 06:44:11 pm
      We were slower than they were right from the start. We played a team that wanted it more than we did. Arrogance against a lower rated team perhaps.
      Needs to be sorted out otherwise it will happen every time we play a ā€œsmallerā€ club.
      Not impressed at all with that so can only get better - hopefully
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #427: Aug 06, 2022 06:45:15 pm
      What's the point in an amazing preseason camp and training facilities etc to come back and play that badly? What makes it even more of a shocker is that we played well against Man City. Seems like the players just couldn't be bothered and thought they could get away with an easy no effort victory.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #428: Aug 06, 2022 07:04:41 pm
      You can guarantee City will wipe the floor with Fulham. They don't tend to drop silly points against lower level opposition. Dropping points like today is what cost us the title last season.

City have signed Kelvin Phillips and look to be signing another midfielder. Sad but I can't see us competing with that depth over a season.

I've been saying since start of the Summer we need to add a top midfielder. We need a player like Jude Bellingham now not next Summer!
      Rice at West Ham is a good fit for me..... Young...Strong...and loads of energy
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #429: Aug 06, 2022 07:16:22 pm
      I just hope Fulham fight like that against the other top sides but they won't, City will smash five against them
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #430: Aug 06, 2022 07:28:23 pm
      Was in work today, but by the comments read, thank christ. JK will not stand with this showing, this will be addressed and quickly
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #431: Aug 06, 2022 07:29:43 pm
      Not the start we all wanted but itā€™s still the 1st game and we move on
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #432: Aug 06, 2022 07:39:05 pm
      Fulham more than deserved it.
      Reasonable game to watch but we have much to improve on.

Thought bobby was really poor.
      Diaz started well but fizzled out.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #433: Aug 06, 2022 07:55:52 pm
      So deflated and gutted
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #434: Aug 06, 2022 08:14:33 pm
      Think we missed Mane today more than I thought we would
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #435: Aug 06, 2022 08:24:05 pm
      Rice at West Ham is a good fit for me..... Young...Strong...and loads of energy

80 odd million for him ? No thanks. Really is pretty average.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #436: Aug 06, 2022 08:27:12 pm

Been competing with them for the last 4 years or so and missing out by a point twice doesn't suggest that this mythical gap between us exists. Kelvin Phillips is absolute dogshit.

Quick Reply