Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Fulham?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1.5%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      6 (9.1%)
      James Milner
      6 (9.1%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (1.5%)
      Darwin Núñez
      49 (74.2%)
      Fábio Carvalho
      1 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: Aug 10, 2022 02:25:18 pm

Fulham 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17448 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Fulham 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Aug 06, 2022 02:36:33 pm
      So every other side can take a look at that, and go, right lads, from the off press press press, fight for every ball, every second ball and win every header.
      Keep up the pressure all game, don’t give them a minutes peace.

That’ll be enough. We’ll struggle to get any rythm going 🤷‍♂️

I guarantee they won’t play like that against any of the top 6 sides !

And with our injuries piling up I don’t see us coping.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #369: Aug 06, 2022 02:36:47 pm
      We hit the post, twice, had a goal disallowed for offside, and they had a penalty. And I'd still say 2-2 flatters us.

TAA was horrendous in defence and to blame for their first goal. VVD was turned inside out and looked like a 19-year-old playing his first ever game - at that moment. Hendo was ineffective, Thiago was injured - again, Diaz once again did very little, and I thought Klopp should have started with Nunez and have Firmino on the bench.

We were light in midfield before Thiago got injured.

Does anyone else think Alisson should have done better once TAA got beat for the goal?

Positives were Salah's second-half performance and Nunez'.

I hope we only started playing long balls to Nunez because we were chasing a game, because that's all we seemed to do once he came on.

Yep, I think TAA and Allison could of done better for that goal.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #370: Aug 06, 2022 02:36:48 pm
      We were sh*te. We'll get better. Quickly.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #371: Aug 06, 2022 02:38:50 pm
      Caused problems for sure and done a lot more than Bobby however got a massive slice of luck with the goal and are we calling that an assist or a poor touch for the 2nd? Bit all over the place he was, missed a big chance when he got caught between a shot and a pass and lost his footing a few times. As I say he caused problems and a big boost to get amongst the goals.

Went for Milner for man it the match, thought he was head and shoulders above the rest of midfield and was looking dangerous going forward.
      Looking at this and I’ve probably been a tad harsh, just meant to say he had a bit of a mixed bag but ultimately he helped us get a point out of the game.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #372: Aug 06, 2022 02:39:12 pm
      Also how long has Mitrovic been 27 years old because I swear he was that age when I was a kid, and I’m 31 now.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #373: Aug 06, 2022 02:39:43 pm
      we already have one slip....we dont have much room if we want title.

2 huge points dropped in the title race already, City will easily score 5 against these.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #374: Aug 06, 2022 02:40:35 pm
      Would you say that if Hendo's shot went in? He offers things which are not only on display during the 90.

;D, probably not. But it didn't. Hey, I beat Hendos drum good and loud, and you're right about his leadership off the pitch. But on the pitch, come one mate. It's clear to see he's lost a step. Same as Bobby. Just because they've been great for 5-7 years doesn't mean you can't tell the hard truth that boths best days are behind them. Bobby was invisible today. Nunez changed the game when he came in.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #375: Aug 06, 2022 02:40:56 pm
      All too passive. Fulham well deserving of their point and could argue they should have had all 3.  More energy and aggression needed next time out.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #376: Aug 06, 2022 02:40:57 pm
      We were sh*te. We'll get better. Quickly.

I agree - maybe a good early
      wake up call
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #377: Aug 06, 2022 02:42:13 pm
      The trouble is, Liverpool and City are so closely matched, hardly ever dropping points, that might be the difference between winning and losing the title. I know that sounds ridiculous, but when you consider they won the title twice, by 1 point (us drawing with Spurs at Anfield during the last five games of the season scuppered us), that could be that.

Or, City could lose the next four games in a row :D Such is football
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Re: Live: Fulham V Liverpool
      Reply #378: Aug 06, 2022 02:43:36 pm
      oh well. We got a point, could have been worse. Seriously lacking midfield without Thiago

For sure but there's no doubt that when together the trio of Fabinho, Hendo and Thiago were surprisingly awful today. Elliott and Milner added a bit of energy and immediacy to the game but by that point we'd lost too much time. In hindsight, starting Firmino blew back on Jürgen's face badly - he really offered nothing. Trent - one of the worst games I've ever seen him play. I'm not sure where his head was at and he's got a lot of work to do. Not a good start at all by him. But he'll get there.

Some of our passing was utterly ghastly - fairly simple passes being under hit, over hit, misplaced etc. Matip's pass in the leadup to the penalty being a perfect example.

Diaz - for all the tenacity and effort he does, the simple fact is he's going to have to start scoring goals and that's how he's going to be judged in the coming months. Being a threat is one thing but you need to follow that up with the countless goals and assists required to play in this Liverpool squad.

It's only one game into the season but remember Mane. I honestly feel if Sadio was there we'd have been 1-0 up in that first half hour. Regardless of how sh*t we looked on the field during a period of play, Sadio had an unbelievable ability to come out of nowhere and score the all important opener. We don't have that get out of jail card available to us now so the simple fact is we're just going to have to start playing better, especially in the first half of games.

Not nearly enough urgency or speed shown by those players who played from first to last. I really don't want to see that coming only from our substitutes who saved our bacon today. Do I believe we're going to win the league this season? On that performance, absolutely not. The midfield causes concern. It's no use seeing Thiago being subbed every 3 weeks with a hamstring injury and having to rely on Keita (who it seems, a bit of hayfever would cause him to miss three weeks) and Elliott who is still so young and developing. There's a regular midfield, especially with Fabinho and Hendo there that will stop you from losing games but very few personnel in that area who will make you win ones. That we had to rely on the seasoned veteran, James Milner, to help bail us out today says everything.  If we're going to be proactive in that area then Jürgen's going to have to maximise the hell out of Carvalho and Elliott this season because that's where the progression in that area is coming from. Is it enough though?
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #379: Aug 06, 2022 02:44:13 pm
      We only started playing when Nunez came on.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #380: Aug 06, 2022 02:44:55 pm
      I think that was a great point in the circumstances. We were abysmal today.

City lost at spurs first game last season ... and dropped against Southampton within the first 5 games.

So whilst this is certainly 2 points dropped .... that's all it is.

What is concerning is that the 4 walking sicknotes in midfield are already. Too much of a gamble I think. Cavalho, elliot and Jimmy are going to be seeing some action.

Fab, trent, matip, Virg ... pretty much everyone were bad today. Concerning as its the first game of the season and I was expecting us to put a marker down today.

Fair play to Fulham. They were decent and took advantage of how bad we were. We didn't start well and these games can always cause issues if you don't start properly.

Gave nunez motm. He was a threat, involved and gave us a spark that we needed. I know Jürgen likes to bed his players in ... but he's 1st choice for me.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #381: Aug 06, 2022 02:46:49 pm
      The trouble is, Liverpool and City are so closely matched, hardly ever dropping points, that might be the difference between winning and losing the title. I know that sounds ridiculous, but when you consider they won the title twice, by 1 point (us drawing with Spurs at Anfield during the last five games of the season scuppered us), that could be that.

Or, City could lose the next four games in a row :D Such is football
      As you say the margins are ciggie paper thin between us and City, who I suspect won't lose 4 all season.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #382: Aug 06, 2022 02:49:28 pm
      Poor day at the office, but that pen decision was abysmal.  We had just started to take control of the game, and the ref awards that sh*te?!  What the F**k is VAR for if that -- a clear dive -- is allowed to stand ???

Shitty opening day, but we will improve. 
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #383: Aug 06, 2022 02:53:12 pm
      Firmino blew back on Jürgen's face badly - he really offered nothing.

Diaz - for all the tenacity and effort he does, the simple fact is he's going to have to start scoring goals and that's how he's going to be judged in the coming months. Being a threat is one thing but you need to follow that up with the countless goals and assists required to play in this Liverpool squad.

Agree with all your points. Especially these 2.

Mane across the 5 years ... from the off was a regular scorer and assister .

In diaz's defence sadio had some prem experience before joining us.

Mo will get his goals. Darwin will give us more goals than anyone has in years through the middle.

Diaz has to do it regularly too.

Because when you look at what's behind them I'm not seeing many goals.

Elliot and cavalho have the potential to be very offensive for us. But to sustain a title push we need others and not just salah assisting and scoring.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #384: Aug 06, 2022 02:54:31 pm
      Yeah, have to say, that penalty was soft all day long. At one point during the VAR rerun, I was convinced VVD never so much as touched him. Still, never thought I'd see VVD ever be in a situation to flick out his foot like that. Looked desperate and a schoolboy error to be brutally honest.

Sign Bellingham.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #385: Aug 06, 2022 02:55:29 pm
      Poor day at the office, but that pen decision was abysmal.  We had just started to take control of the game, and the ref awards that sh*te?!  What the f**k is VAR for if that -- a clear dive -- is allowed to stand ???

Shitty opening day, but we will improve.
      I know it’s typical to go after the ref when a result doesn’t go your way but he was absolutely abysmal today. Every time they went over the ref had blew the whistle before they hit the floor. Mitrovic obviously the key culprit going over too easy but it was happening all over and the ref let it happen, culminating with that penalty decision. Nowhere near enough contact for me but one of those ones that VAR won’t overturn regardless if it went one way or the other. The problem was the main man jumping at the decision to point to the spot, barely any hesitation or time to formulate a decision he was dead sure of it. Poor poor performance from him.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #386: Aug 06, 2022 02:56:01 pm
      This team will go nowhere this season. We will play for a CL spot. Just a bad outlook if you are not spot on your first game of season against a weakling team - and Fulham is not a top6 or midtable team.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #387: Aug 06, 2022 02:57:07 pm
      This team will go nowhere this season. We will play for a CL spot. Just a bad outlook if you are not spot on your first game of season against a weakling team - and Fulham is not a top6 or midtable team.
      City lost the first game of last season. That said, I know what you're saying, because our performance today was shocking.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #388: Aug 06, 2022 02:58:59 pm
      Klopp on BT Basically saying we were absolutely sh*te
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #389: Aug 06, 2022 02:59:27 pm
      ;D, probably not. But it didn't. Hey, I beat Hendos drum good and loud, and you're right about his leadership off the pitch. But on the pitch, come one mate. It's clear to see he's lost a step. Same as Bobby. Just because they've been great for 5-7 years doesn't mean you can't tell the hard truth that boths best days are behind them. Bobby was invisible today. Nunez changed the game when he came in.

Firmino lost it two years ago and I have been attacked saying it. I thought that he regained his form in pre-season but not that much.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #390: Aug 06, 2022 03:00:55 pm

Off this forum now before I will be banned for saying staff that you deserve to receive.

Quick Reply