Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Conor Bradley - Player Thread (D)

Read 14014 times
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Re: Conor Bradley - Player Thread (D)
      Reply #115: Feb 04, 2024 04:24:02 pm
      Devastating news for the young lad
      R.I.P Joe.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #116: Feb 12, 2024 12:42:10 pm
      I really hope young Connor might b back at the weekend. He has been missed the past couple of games. I hope his father wasable to see that terrific goal the other night before he passed on.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #117: Feb 12, 2024 01:28:42 pm
      We need him this weekend, he goes straight back in.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 165 
      Reply #118: Feb 12, 2024 01:47:50 pm
      Hugely missed. If not then Gomez has proved to be a reliable alternative.

I know it's always difficult to judge a players potential as you can just as quickly go from hero to zero as you can zero to hero, but I have no doubts this kid goes to the very top.

Don77

• 6,541 posts | 1091 
      Reply #119: Feb 12, 2024 02:02:52 pm
      Hugely missed. If not then Gomez has proved to be a reliable alternative.

I know it's always difficult to judge a players potential as you can just as quickly go from hero to zero as you can zero to hero, but I have no doubts this kid goes to the very top.

I doubt Connor comes back until after the funeral etc. Not a nice time for the kid.

Hopefully Gomez will be back and he can hold the Fort until Connor returns.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 165 
      Reply #120: Feb 12, 2024 02:07:18 pm
      I doubt Connor comes back until after the funeral etc. Not a nice time for the kid.

Hopefully Gomez will be back and he can hold the Fort until Connor returns.

The funeral took place last Tuesday but yes the grief would still very much be fresh on the poor lads mind.
      Don77

• 6,541 posts | 1091 
      Reply #121: Feb 12, 2024 05:20:05 pm
      The funeral took place last Tuesday but yes the grief would still very much be fresh on the poor lads mind.

Ah OK. Well it's down to the lad then. The club won't rush him. I'd expect it would be a 'when your feeling ready then we go' scenario
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #122: Feb 12, 2024 07:02:36 pm
      It might be better if he came back, although the club will do the right thing and wait until he feels ready, to return.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #123: Feb 13, 2024 04:29:51 pm
      He reported back for training today. It’s a difficult one but I’m sure Klopp and co will make a decision with Conor’s well-being at the forefront. As it should be.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 165 
      Reply #124: Feb 13, 2024 04:38:05 pm
      Him being back with the group today tells me he's given the thumbs up to Klopp that he's ready to go again, and the fact he has joined up so soon might even mean he's chomping at the bit to get back into the team.

Tricky 1.

KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,485 posts | 217 
      Reply #125: Feb 17, 2024 08:25:53 pm
      Exceptional

Should be our first choice now

Was asked to play in midfield much like Trent and high up and sprinted back like a mad man when they hit us on the break

Looked more comfortable defensive wise even if we were a less of a creative force with him

I prefer this balance especially in big games

With our cm injuries,
      Now may be a good time to test the waters with Trent in cm to see if he has the legs and will power for it 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #126: Feb 18, 2024 12:51:31 pm
      Every appearance I see Vradley just convinces me more and more not to play Trent there again. Bradley can defend!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #127: Feb 18, 2024 01:20:56 pm
      With him and Gomez fighting each other, I would put Trent in midfield permanently.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 298 
      Reply #128: Feb 18, 2024 02:58:25 pm
      With him and Gomez fighting each other, I would put Trent in midfield permanently.

I think Trent and Conor will both play RB until the end of the season, we'll probably have midweek games almost every week for the rest of the season, assuming that we progress in Europa and FA cups. I don't think Jürgen will move Trent into midfield this season although he may get a few more 30 min cameos at the end of games
      That is assuming we have plenty of fit midfielders, if there are a few injuries in MF Trent might get moved there to cover.

Gomez may get more games playing at CB or LB for the rest of the season.

The longer term decision will probably be for the new manager, how will these 2 players fit into his style of play? The new man might decide to move Trent to midfield or maybe use him as a wing back if we play with 3 CB.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 165 
      Reply #129: Feb 18, 2024 07:58:08 pm
      Every appearance I see Vradley just convinces me more and more not to play Trent there again. Bradley can defend!

Bradley's already showed in his handful of appearances this season he can do a bit of everything.......and to a high standard.
      Don77

• 6,541 posts | 1091 
      Reply #130: Feb 18, 2024 08:06:29 pm
      Bradley's already showed in his handful of appearances this season he can do a bit of everything.......and to a high standard.

I think to go through what he's gone through recently and come back and put that performance in says alot about him.

I've loved what I've seen so far. He's got everything. The key is to find consistency week in week out. But I love his attitude. Obviously the quality is there, but he never stops running. His work ethic is great. As long as that stays the same, abit of luck with injury and he always shows a desire to keep working, improving all aspects of his game etc ... then it's all there for him. I've no idea if he makes it here long term but he's got all the tools to do it.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 165 
      Reply #131: Feb 18, 2024 08:50:32 pm
      I think to go through what he's gone through recently and come back and put that performance in says alot about him.

I've loved what I've seen so far. He's got everything. The key is to find consistency week in week out. But I love his attitude. Obviously the quality is there, but he never stops running. His work ethic is great. As long as that stays the same, abit of luck with injury and he always shows a desire to keep working, improving all aspects of his game etc ... then it's all there for him. I've no idea if he makes it here long term but he's got all the tools to do it.

No reason why he can't make it here long term, he's a special talent and like you said to come back how he did despite everything he's been through is a testament to his mental strength.

I was watching an old highlight video of one of our games from a few seasons ago, before he was on loan at Bolton, against Norwich in in the cup. To see how far he's come along from that 18 year old kid is remarkable. Skip to 25 seconds and then a minute in and you'll see what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP-qX-K940s
      Don77

• 6,541 posts | 1091 
      Reply #132: Feb 22, 2024 09:37:56 am
      What a game from this boy again last night. Defence, attack, on the ball, off the ball, with the ball without the ball, creating ... unlucky not to get at least one goal. Could have had 2.

Early days in his career here. I said last night he wasn't on my radar a few months back. Absolute gem. Its upto him how far he goes but as long as he keeps his feet on the ground , keeps learning blah blah blah he's going to be a fixture here for many years.

Big upset for him a few weeks back and he's come back so strong these last 2 games. Well done Connor.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 165 
      Reply #133: Feb 22, 2024 10:41:43 am
      This kid is f***ing sensational, in every aspect. Can't speak highly enough of him.

He's even got that touch of arrogance you don't mind seeing in a player every now and then with the cheeky skill he pulled off on the touchline.

The maturity he plays with, his calmness on the ball and defending off the ball. Just fantastic. Thank you Dungannon Swifts, thank you Bolton, thank you Critchley, Ingelthorpe, Klopp and all these other guys that have helped him become the player he is today.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #134: Feb 22, 2024 01:41:24 pm
      The back heel  flick to Elliott was outrageous
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #135: Feb 22, 2024 01:50:36 pm
      This kid is f***ing sensational, in every aspect. Can't speak highly enough of him.

He's even got that touch of arrogance you don't mind seeing in a player every now and then with the cheeky skill he pulled off on the touchline.

The maturity he plays with, his calmness on the ball and defending off the ball. Just fantastic. Thank you Dungannon Swifts, thank you Bolton, thank you Critchley, Ingelthorpe, Klopp and all these other guys that have helped him become the player he is today.
      The crazy part is that Klopp has him inverting into the midfield like Trent would and the lad plays that reasonably well too. His passing catalogue is not on TAA's level for now, but its certainly not bad at all even from those central positions. His crossing is great too.

I'd like him to start taking more shots on goal because he definitely have that in his game I think.

Sensational. We started the season with question marks overt CB and RB depth and here we are. Its February and we've gained two of the hottest prospects in the league in him and Quansah. I love it when players from the academy make it into the team.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 165 
      Reply #136: Feb 22, 2024 02:02:23 pm
      The crazy part is that Klopp has him inverting into the midfield like Trent would and the lad plays that reasonably well too. His passing catalogue is not on TAA's level for now, but its certainly not bad at all even from those central positions. His crossing is great too.

I'd like him to start taking more shots on goal because he definitely have that in his game I think.

Sensational. We started the season with question marks overt CB and RB depth and here we are. Its February and we've gained two of the hottest prospects in the league in him and Quansah. I love it when players from the academy make it into the team.

Yep. The chance he laid off for Diaz came from him driving from the #10 position, he might not spray 50-60 yard diagonals but his short-mid distance ground passing is very accurate and knows how much weight to put on them.
      Don77

• 6,541 posts | 1091 
      Reply #137: Feb 22, 2024 02:08:45 pm
      Being able to spray 50/60 yard passes isn't high on the criteria list for playing right back.

Bradley all day at right back for me. As a right back he's by far the best all round option we have. He's superb. Early days ... there will be difficult ones. But the shirt is his and I don't see a better all round option at right back that's going to take the shirt off him

Quick Reply