Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Conor Bradley - Player Thread (D)

Read 13996 times
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 419 
      Re: Conor Bradley - Player Thread (D)
      Reply #161: Feb 23, 2024 04:07:33 pm
      Agreed. No need to be making definite statements about a player with not even a handful of games under his belt, take your anxiety pills, wait, and just be grateful we have some good players in the squad - different ones, mind.

Personally I have no problem with an attacking right back who might be a bit suspect defensively, it's just the nature of the job - no one is hardly ever perfect at both ends of the pitch. Even the likes of Roberto Carlos, who now he's retired people speak of as some sort of deity of the fullback position, were harshly criticised for their defending back in the day. And the idea that a fullback must "defend first" is idiotic - he must do what works best for the team, and that's what TAA, a Liverpool legend at 25, has been doing for years.

Yeah the TAA hate is ridiculous but even Stevie G got it so its not surprising really.

Trent could retire yesterday and have done more than most players can dream of doing in a lifetime.

Bradley without knocking the lad is the same age that Trent was when he was playing CL Finals and in comparison has won Bolton Player of the Year 2022 and the Papa John's 🏆 so far in his career.

Let's all just wait and see and appreciate having proper depth in that area for once.

I really rate the lad but cba with a pile on to one of our best players in the Klopp era to show it. Trent was instrumental in us winning the trophies we have, instrumental in us being where we are in the league now and will be instrumental in our success again in the future.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 840 posts | 164 
      Reply #162: Feb 23, 2024 04:10:45 pm
      Do people just assume any lad that's come up from the academy and played a handful of games for the club automatically once upon a time "looked the part"

Ojo Ibe Neco Wisdom Kelly Spearing Darby Flanno Warnock Suso Coady Ince

The only 1 there I thought didn't looked limited was Suso, maybe Brewster and Kelly too.

It's like now, I don't expect Clark, Gordon or Mcconnell to do anything of note in the first team....not even fully convinced on Quansah yet. With Bradley it's different, he just has it.
      « Last Edit: Feb 23, 2024 04:33:57 pm by The-AllMightyReds »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #163: Feb 25, 2024 12:05:34 pm
      These are not half-decent wingers

No but they're the first three that came to mind.

To be fair though apart from Vini the other two have done F**k all for a year ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #164: Feb 25, 2024 12:07:56 pm
      Do people just assume any lad that's come up from the academy and played a handful of games for the club automatically once upon a time "looked the part"

Ojo Ibe Neco Wisdom Kelly Spearing Darby Flanno Warnock Suso Coady Ince

The only 1 there I thought didn't looked limited was Suso, maybe Brewster and Kelly too.

It's like now, I don't expect Clark, Gordon or Mcconnell to do anything of note in the first team....not even fully convinced on Quansah yet. With Bradley it's different, he just has it.

Quansah does have it!! He's better than Bradley and even more natural on the ball. He's the replacement eventually for VVD. Just needs to keep learning
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,062 posts | 2109 
      Reply #165: Feb 25, 2024 12:13:40 pm
      Quansah does have it!! He's better than Bradley and even more natural on the ball. He's the replacement eventually for VVD. Just needs to keep learning

CB is probably the most difficult position to play on the field. Clearly AllMighty underestimates that.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 840 posts | 164 
      Reply #166: Feb 26, 2024 02:15:00 am

Quansah better than Bradley? No I don’t think so, only one winner potential wise on what they’ve shown in the first team, Quansah has a glaring weakness which is that Maguire like tank truck when he has to turn and chase back, this was evident in the Burnley home game a few times.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #167: Feb 26, 2024 10:22:04 am
      This boy again yesterday. Incredible. Again, after what he's just been through ... just incredible.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,307 posts | 773 
      Reply #168: Feb 26, 2024 10:29:54 am
      This boy again yesterday. Incredible. Again, after what he's just been through ... just incredible.
      It's sad his father didn't get to see him play in a final at Wembley and help us win a trophy.
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #169: Feb 26, 2024 12:03:32 pm
      It's sad his father didn't get to see him play in a final at Wembley and help us win a trophy.

Really sad mate. Maybe somehow, someway he was watching/with his lad in spirit.

The character of the boy ... phenomenal.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #170: Feb 29, 2024 02:52:31 am

Wow, that never even entered my mind. Sobering.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 127 
      Reply #171: Mar 08, 2024 08:36:31 pm
      In fairness, that goal was Carragheresque last night....
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #172: Mar 09, 2024 12:31:57 am
      Cracking finish  :D
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,027 posts | 529 
      Reply #173: Mar 10, 2024 07:42:31 pm
      Very good again today. Kept Alvarez n Silva quiet, and still gave us plenty of threat going forward. For me, he is ahead of Trent now as a starter at RB.
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #174: Mar 10, 2024 07:54:54 pm
      Very good again today. Kept Alvarez n Silva quiet, and still gave us plenty of threat going forward. For me, he is ahead of Trent now as a starter at RB.

All day. So much better defensively now and as you say he's a real threat going forward. Just lacks that experience but that will come. I was disappointed when he went off today.
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #175: Mar 26, 2024 08:57:35 pm
      Fantastic goal by Conor tonight. Great desire and cracking hit into the top corner. Absolute gem.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #176: Mar 26, 2024 09:11:06 pm
      Just watched Conor's goal on BBC website fantastic strike, for the lad.
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #177: Apr 01, 2024 11:58:57 am
      Tough openining 20/25 minutes yesterday. No help from Mo or Dom and Quansah who was poor yesterday i felt didnt help the situation. But after 25 or so showed his class and strength of character ... defended well, excelled in 1v1 situations  ... and attacked well. Hes an exciting player. The way he carries the ball, takes players on and on the overlap. Been a good week for him following on from that wonder goal for NI
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #178: Apr 01, 2024 02:24:40 pm
      Could it be that Klopp just favors right backs that play more offensive than defensive? We've all seen Trent have good defensive games and Bradley obviously has as well. I think a lot of times it comes down to the way Klopp wants them to play. He's willing to allow some space defensively in order for them to get forward and help out in attack. I still don't think Bradley has passed Trent in terms of who is better so once Trent is fit and up to speed he slots back in for me, but what a great problem to have as Bradley is only going to get better.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,045 posts | 3431 
      Reply #179: Apr 01, 2024 02:40:21 pm
      Tough openining 20/25 minutes yesterday. No help from Mo or Dom and Quansah who was poor yesterday i felt didnt help the situation. But after 25 or so showed his class and strength of character ... defended well, excelled in 1v1 situations  ... and attacked well. Hes an exciting player. The way he carries the ball, takes players on and on the overlap. Been a good week for him following on from that wonder goal for NI

The narrative from you against Trent is clear as day

Bradley was caught high multiple times and all then threat was coming from that site , their left wide player was catching him out - if that was Trent you would have crucified him for

What it will show is that Klopp wants the full backs high and at times they will get caught out but the manager is ok with that
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 259 
      Reply #180: Apr 08, 2024 11:58:13 am
      Some of my friend said Bradley never has a good game playing with Mo Salah and I'm just noticed that too, don't know why.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,045 posts | 3431 
      Reply #181: Apr 08, 2024 12:12:44 pm
      Bradley’s style of play is different to TAA - he wants to use his pace to go on the outside and a lot throwing crosses in - Salah wants to be wide and then cut in taking defenders with him should leave the space open for Bradley - but with TAA he sits in that space as opposed to overlapping and pings balls in from there - it takes time for partnerships to grow.

Whilst Bradley has done well - yesterday was an example of where TAA is that step above by making far better use of the ball

It’s another reason why TAA will be straight back in the team
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 840 posts | 164 
      Reply #182: Apr 08, 2024 12:20:20 pm
      Some of my friend said Bradley never has a good game playing with Mo Salah and I'm just noticed that too, don't know why.

Maybe because he doesn't like to pass. His ability to come off the flank and link up play like he did so often with Bobby and Trent has gone.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 840 posts | 164 
      Reply #183: Apr 08, 2024 12:21:35 pm
      Bradley’s style of play is different to TAA - he wants to use his pace to go on the outside and a lot throwing crosses in - Salah wants to be wide and then cut in taking defenders with him should leave the space open for Bradley - but with TAA he sits in that space as opposed to overlapping and pings balls in from there - it takes time for partnerships to grow.

Whilst Bradley has done well - yesterday was an example of where TAA is that step above by making far better use of the ball

It’s another reason why TAA will be straight back in the team

All Trent wants to do is show everyone how good he can ping/cross a ball, it's literally all he does. He's very lucky he was born with that natural talent, he's in the top few percent for players who can pass as well as he can because believe me if he couldn't, he'd be a very average player and that's a fact.

Quick Reply