Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Injuries 22/23

Read 37830 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Re: Injuries 22/23
      Reply #138: Oct 09, 2022 08:46:27 pm
      I thought with Trent carrying on to half time and Diaz wanting to play on with a strapped knee that both would be minor but Jürgen coming out and saying both are bad before the scan is a real concern. Probably be looking at months for both of them.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,580 posts | 391 
      Reply #139: Oct 09, 2022 09:10:55 pm
      Hopefully it's nothing too serious, let him swerve Wednesday and be back for City, but that would be clutching straws.

With our luck, he'll probably be out until after the world Cup.

my thoughts exactly. sounds like MCL which could easily be 6 weeks.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #140: Oct 09, 2022 09:15:01 pm
      Hopefully it's nothing too serious, let him swerve Wednesday and be back for City, but that would be clutching straws.

With our luck, he'll probably be out until after the world Cup.

Diaz being out would be a huge miss , been the one player who has been up for it this season
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #141: Oct 10, 2022 12:36:22 am
      Klopp says Diaz and Trent look bad….. f**king hell. What a season. 
      (Diaz on crutches and a brace which people are in a state over but doesn’t actually mean anything)

From the official site: "The manager told his post-match press conference: “Lucho we had to change before [half-time]. [It's] something with the knee, not good.

“He will have a scan and then we will know more. I have no idea about the extent and then on top of that Trent is bad as well with the ankle.

“[He] twisted the ankle, not good. Trent never, in seven years, went off if he could have played on. He was in too much pain, it started swelling immediately, so we will have to see.”
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #142: Oct 10, 2022 01:44:13 am
      I dont know what to say. Its more than injuries, its more than tactics or lineup formation. I think a lot is mental. They look exhausted and tired. They look demoralized. They have given up goals they would never have given up in the previous seasons. We lost the Title to City again by a 1 f***in point, twice in 4 years. Now City, of course bought the best striker on Earth who already has 20 goals in October.
      Which is a swift kick to the nuts.
      I think we're in need of new blood. Liverpool spend money on an immediate need. Unlike City and Chelsea we don't spend 100s of millions in players every transfer window. To be fair to FSG, they are not cheap. However they don't look too bring in multiple big signings without selling or losing big players. We got Nunez because we lost Mane. It would of been better to keep Mane AND buy Nunez too. I think next summers transfer window will shed light on where we're going to be in the near future. I think Klopp seems frustrated. Not so much at the players but at the vision that FSG currently has shown. I think we're due for a lot of changes. Might be good. Might not. But the next 9 months will be very interesting for the future. I dont have suggestions. I trust Klopp and the Owners. FSG have done a great job of building on Liverpool's heritage and status. Were a destination club now. I think its time we use that status. If not City will continue to win and we could find ourselves looking up at teams like Chelsea, City and eventually Newcastle.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #143: Oct 10, 2022 06:08:21 am
      From the official site: "The manager told his post-match press conference: “Lucho we had to change before [half-time]. [It's] something with the knee, not good.

“He will have a scan and then we will know more. I have no idea about the extent and then on top of that Trent is bad as well with the ankle.

“[He] twisted the ankle, not good. Trent never, in seven years, went off if he could have played on. He was in too much pain, it started swelling immediately, so we will have to see.”

Might be a blessing is disguise for Trent Robby as I think he needs a break from playing for a while, his head doesn’t seem to be in the right place at the moment.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #144: Oct 10, 2022 01:06:50 pm

Not cool.

:(
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #145: Oct 10, 2022 03:44:44 pm
      Might be a blessing is disguise for Trent Robby as I think he needs a break from playing for a while, his head doesn’t seem to be in the right place at the moment.

Gives the fans an opportunity to begin slating  Calvin Ramsey when he gets caught too far upfield.

Spread the love around, like.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #146: Oct 10, 2022 03:58:24 pm
      I dont know what to say. Its more than injuries, its more than tactics or lineup formation. I think a lot is mental. They look exhausted and tired.

Been saying that a while but nobody believes me. You’ve basically got same team as last year so can’t become a bad side overnight even though your desperate for a couple of midfielders.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #147: Oct 10, 2022 04:02:49 pm
      Been saying that a while but nobody believes me. You’ve basically got same team as last year so can’t become a bad side overnight even though your desperate for a couple of midfielders.

It isn’t just the playing team, Klopp looks mentally tired.

What was that nonsense of taking off Salah and putting Hendo on the wing.
      Elliot replacing Jota - heads gone subs those.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #148: Oct 10, 2022 04:10:20 pm
      It isn’t just the playing team, Klopp looks mentally tired.

What was that nonsense of taking off Salah and putting Hendo on the wing.
      Elliot replacing Jota - heads gone subs those.

I get your point  but he’s  not exactly got a great deal of choice looking at the bench with so many injuries.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,180 posts | 1097 
      Reply #149: Oct 10, 2022 05:56:27 pm
      So many players are injured these days or just look slow and lethargic. I assume this is just being in a grueling system for so long and playing a crap tons of games these past 5 years?

Robbo seems altered and picks up knocks more regularly.

TAA seems to always be pacing himself (that's the G rated version)

Fab amd Bobby look old. Tbf, though Bobby seems more labored and less fluod on the ball, his movement and IQ without it is on 2018 form atm. His pressing isn't what it use to be though

Salah can't beat anyone off the dribble and has no confidence

Jones body is that of a 40 year old

VVD can't seem to find any form this season.

Hendo and Fab have lost pace, and didn't have any to give up

Mily may be the worst player in the prem this season 😔

This team doesn't need a reload, they need a rebuild. I think Klopps system has taken its toll on everyone, and the near misses seem to have created a hangover
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #150: Oct 10, 2022 06:13:22 pm
      Diaz out until December as per Paul Joyce

Yay
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,580 posts | 391 
      Reply #151: Oct 10, 2022 06:15:21 pm
      Best player this season by a mile. Massive blow. This season is a F***ing nightmare.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #152: Oct 10, 2022 06:22:33 pm

Yay

:f_wah:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #153: Oct 10, 2022 06:34:33 pm

Yay

Oh F**k off
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #154: Oct 10, 2022 06:45:32 pm
      6 weeks could have been a hell of a lot worse. Expect better timeframes for Trent
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #155: Oct 10, 2022 06:53:00 pm
      At least it’s in an area we have strength - Jota will be playing most weeks wide now and also Nunez or Carvahlo
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #156: Oct 10, 2022 06:54:05 pm
      Who have we got to cover? Maybe JK is resting Bobby to make an impact, but his workrate is totally different, they play thier own games. Both grear players, but offer different things
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #157: Oct 10, 2022 06:55:01 pm
      Who have we got to cover? Maybe JK is resting Bobby to make an impact, but his workrate is totally different, they play thier own games. Both grear players, but offer different things

Jota will be the main one , then also Nunez can play out there and also Carvalho
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #158: Oct 10, 2022 07:09:51 pm
      That's a tough break, but with the World Cup going on next month and Colombia out of it, Lucho will be able to fully recover and be training with the team (those not departing for the WC).
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #159: Oct 10, 2022 07:31:22 pm
      Trent injury not bad and maybe back next week . Robbo back in training should be fit for City
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #160: Oct 10, 2022 07:41:42 pm
      Diaz is a terrible loss with what’s going on we’re fu**ed, add our glorious owners power of spending we will be struggling to finish fourth

Quick Reply