Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Injuries 22/23

Read 36367 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Injuries 22/23
      Reply #299: Jan 06, 2023 01:00:34 pm
      Are we not overreacting a touch ?

No one knows why he wasn’t pictured in training

And I don’t suspect any player wants to be injured or have his career ruined by injury - he isn’t the first nor will be the last

And what cash do you think the owners are counting 🤦‍♂️

Keita does seem like a massive wet blanket mate, you must admit. Was a waste of money.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #300: Jan 06, 2023 01:05:17 pm
      Keita does seem like a massive wet blanket mate, you must admit. Was a waste of money.

Definitely not the sturdiest of footballers.

On his day a class act but those days few and far between with injuries.

Agree with Lallana that may not be his fault but I do think there could be an element of him not being the most robust, in that he'll bust a gut to get on the pitch.

The likes of Luis Suarez would play with a broken leg. Naby would cry off with a broken finger nail is the impression he gives off.

« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2023 01:21:27 pm by srslfc »
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #301: Jan 06, 2023 01:11:39 pm
      In response to Keita not pictured at training, I think some of the comments on here are way over the top and completely unmerited. Of course we are all free to articulate our opinion, I'm not of the opinion he is "stealing a living"
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #302: Jan 06, 2023 01:24:30 pm

When it comes to Naby I think he's one we should have been a bit more ruthless on and tried to move on by now. Good player on his day (although I don't think he's as good as some make out) but just not durable enough for us and this league. I don't think many of the big clubs around Europe would have left someone like Keita on their books for 5 years (Ox a similar case).

We've actually got the numbers in midfield, just a lack of quality and durability.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #303: Jan 06, 2023 01:28:23 pm

When it comes to Naby I think he's one we should have been a bit more ruthless on and tried to move on by now. Good player on his day (although I don't think he's as good as some make out) but just not durable enough for us and this league. I don't think many of the big clubs around Europe would have left someone like Keita on their books for 5 years (Ox a similar case).

We've actually got the numbers in midfield, just a lack of quality and durability.

Agreed mate.

I know we were amazing last season but how I miss a player like Wijnaldum - never injured, always tireless and was up for the big big games.

Will we ever find a younger version of him again for £25m? No chance.
      « Last Edit: Jan 06, 2023 01:34:04 pm by LondonRed83 »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #304: Jan 06, 2023 01:50:45 pm
      Is that Diaz and Jota who are currently sidelined for months ?

Exactly!!

Its ok for some lads to get Injured but not some.

Jota has spent more time on treatment table than a lot of othe rplayers.

Its just rotten luck.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #305: Jan 06, 2023 01:51:53 pm

Every human is built a wee bit different, wee naby just doesnt seem to be able to stay injury free.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #306: Jan 06, 2023 02:08:15 pm
      I remember the YouTube videos of him before he signed for us and he looked awesome.

Now his videos will consist of him limping off or giving a thumbs up on the treatment table.

I’d be surprised if his next contract isn’t a pay as you play type deal.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #307: Jan 06, 2023 03:30:42 pm
      Big Virg Confirmed out for a few weeks minimum.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #308: Jan 06, 2023 03:58:50 pm

That maybe true but doesn’t mean he is wanting to be injured - it’s the same as Sturridge

Jota is injured a lot , maybe more than Keita but doesn’t seem to get the same level of hate
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #309: Jan 06, 2023 04:26:15 pm
      That maybe true but doesn’t mean he is wanting to be injured - it’s the same as Sturridge

Jota is injured a lot , maybe more than Keita but doesn’t seem to get the same level of hate

I don't "hate" either player. I hate that they are always injured. For some players, their best ability is availability. That's certainly not the case for either of these two.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #310: Jan 06, 2023 08:29:45 pm
      Water is wet.
      The sky is blue.
      Keita is injured.

Three absolute certainties in life.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #311: Jan 06, 2023 09:00:28 pm
      Water is wet.
      The sky is blue.
      Keita is injured.

Three absolute certainties in life.
      I'm afraid I'm going to have to correct you with your "Certainties"
      A. Water isn't always wet, as in a state of being frozen and therefore ice.
      B. The sky isn't always blue, as in a blood red sky, ie at sunset or sunrise...or even most of England today, a miserable monotone grey.
      C. I haven't read anything confirming he is injured at the moment, just he wasn't seen at training.
      ........of course you neglected the most obvious absolute certainty ...Everton are going down.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #312: Jan 06, 2023 09:38:07 pm
      I'm afraid I'm going to have to correct you with your "Certainties"
      A. Water isn't always wet, as in a state of being frozen and therefore ice.
      B. The sky isn't always blue, as in a blood red sky, ie at sunset or sunrise...or even most of England today, a miserable monotone grey.
      C. I haven't read anything confirming he is injured at the moment, just he wasn't seen at training.
      ........of course you neglected the most obvious absolute certainty ...Everton are going down.

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to correct you with yours as well cos it isn't an absolute certainty they will go down. How many times we been here before on that one!!

a) Swan vestas and the Wimbledon coach
      b) Hans Segers
      c) that F***ing dog they carried round the ground last season.

All certainties of Everton going down yet the bas**rds survived.

Don't be preparing the coffin to carry down county road just yet!

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #313: Jan 06, 2023 11:05:00 pm

The older generation like myself would tell you Jürgen is a bit too sympathetic with constantly injured players, and also players who don't perform to their optimum best the majority of games. In the days of Shanks and Sir Bob, no sentiment, no pity, If you cant give 100% 95 % of the time, on your way.
      They were ruthless in that regard, and it kept Liverpool at the top for decades.
       Jürgen hangs on to players who are regularly injured hoping they will come good, with no evidence anything is gonna change. After two or three breakdowns one after the other, in little as two matches each time is surely the time to move them on. Jürgen is too nice !
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #314: Jan 07, 2023 12:30:34 am
      Transfer perhaps, he looked good the other night.

Isn't he out of contract this summer? Unless someone is loaning him in for half a season, not sure why anyone would purchase him.

Maybe he missed training because the club have him on a managed program to try and keep him healthy.

Keita to score the winner vs. Wolves.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #315: Jan 07, 2023 05:02:10 pm
      Isn't he out of contract this summer? Unless someone is loaning him in for half a season, not sure why anyone would purchase him.

Maybe he missed training because the club have him on a managed program to try and keep him healthy.

Keita to score the winner vs. Wolves.

Yea out of contract in the summer. Could be a few things tbh.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #316: Jan 07, 2023 07:05:08 pm
      So Naby not injured after all
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #317: Jan 07, 2023 07:09:08 pm
      Yea out of contract in the summer. Could be a few things tbh.

Fit enough for the bench. I think they manage his workload pretty carefully.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #318: Jan 07, 2023 07:11:52 pm

Must be . Surprised he hasn't started to be honest unless concerns still
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #319: Jan 08, 2023 09:25:30 am

Played well when he came on, final ball was lacking tho. But that was same for lots of players.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #320: Jan 08, 2023 09:33:19 am

Simply not good enough, he’s had more than enough time now to at least give Jürgen selection nightmares but sadly for him, he’s just not been the player we all thought he could be, for me he joins a list of players who should be stepping thru the exit door this summer, alongside, Ox, Fabinho, Bobby, Thiago, Henderson, Milner, they won’t all go thru it but the majority should be, so how many 100’s of Millions is it going to cost replacing those nuggets above ?

Truth is, we absolutely have to within the next two to three windows, if you want to keep up with the Jones’s, there is no room for sympathy in this mad f***in world, and Jürgen has just too much, he’s a big soft bugger is our Jürgen, by the looks of things, but hanging on to too many old legs and tired minds isn’t gonna work !!!

Hope over Fear !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #321: Jan 08, 2023 10:07:32 am

Simply not good enough, he’s had more than enough time now to at least give Jürgen selection nightmares but sadly for him, he’s just not been the player we all thought he could be, for me he joins a list of players who should be stepping thru the exit door this summer, alongside, Ox, Fabinho, Bobby, Thiago, Henderson, Milner, they won’t all go thru it but the majority should be, so how many 100’s of Millions is it going to cost replacing those nuggets above ?

Truth is, we absolutely have to within the next two to three windows, if you want to keep up with the Jones’s, there is no room for sympathy in this mad f***in world, and Jürgen has just too much, he’s a big soft bugger is our Jürgen, by the looks of things, but hanging on to too many old legs and tired minds isn’t gonna work !!!

Hope over Fear !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A

Jürgen has said more than once that he hopes allowing players to see out their contracts rather than discarding them will make the club more attractive to incoming transfer targets.

I would agree with that in theory, but we are in a phase where too many of our players (including the ones you mention) seem on the back end of their prime contributions. Salah' and Van Dijk may be approaching that as well.

Add to that a few key injuries and we're struggling for consistent quality.

Jürgen rightly talks about only getting the right player in rather than buying just to buy, but the number of declining players in the squad mean we need more replacements at one time than usual.

It would help to have some young players step up from our own ranks. There are some promising prospects but the book is still out on whether these can become first team regulars, playing league and European matches (talking Doak, Carvalho, Ramsay, Gordon, Bajcetic, Elliott, Morton, Bradley, Jones - Harvey and Curtis we've seen a little more than the others here I know).

It may turn out that circumstances may afford these young players more chances to audition with the first team this season than they would normally get. Remember Klopp in his first full season had no European football and he continued building from there the team that has won trophies. On that history, getting top four NEXT season may be our more realistic goal.

I'm not writing off the team or the season, but it's very possible we don't recapture our top performance level this season.

Can our fan base cope with that? It may not be pretty, but the real ones can.

Up the Reds.

Quick Reply