Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Injuries 22/23

Read 36333 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Injuries 22/23
      Aug 10, 2022 10:59:10 am
      Ripped this from EPL Injury Table.

Thiago Alcantara   Thigh Injury   Aug 06: "And now with Thiago, that is, of course, not good, and we will see. It looks pretty bad. He didn't look too happy."   

Return 18/09/2022   

Curtis Jones   Calf/Shin/Heel Injury   Aug 05: "We hope with Curtis, we caught it in the right moment; that's just how it is with young players. They have some kind of stress reactions sometimes, and then if they go over it because it's not massive pain, it could lead to something serious."   

Return 27/08/2022      

Diogo Jota   Thigh Injury   Aug 05: "Diogo, it was obviously slightly too early, or the injury was different in the first place. They are already fine, and in a few weeks, they will be back."   

Return 22/08/2022   

Caoimhin Kelleher   Groin/Hip/Pelvic Injury   July 29: "Caoimh felt something after the international game [in June]. He came back, and first training [session] felt it again. We checked it, and it was not good so I think he will be another 2-3 weeks and then he should be fine."   

Return 22/08/2022

Konstantinos Tsimikas   Other   Aug 05: "Then Kostas [was] unlucky in a training situation. I saw him now, he was out on the pitch, and he might be - in his opinion, anyway - ready to train next week."   

Return 15/08/2022

Naby Keita   Illness   Aug 05: "Naby is ill, but I think he will be back today, the first day. I underestimated it a little bit when I said he will definitely be fine. He came in yesterday and still showed some little symptoms, no COVID, but it is not right. I guess he will be back today."   

Return 15/08/2022

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain   Thigh Injury   July 29: "It’s a serious hamstring injury, and it will take longer. But it’s a hamstring, and we all hate this word, we hate the injury, but anyway, it happens from time to time, and now Ox was the one."   

No Return Date

Ibrahima Konate   Knee Injury   Aug 05: "We have to see how long it will take, but he is out for a while.

No Return Date
      « Last Edit: Aug 23, 2022 04:02:00 pm by JD »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Injuries
      Reply #1: Aug 10, 2022 11:23:11 am
      Ripped this from EPL Injury Table.

Thiago Alcantara   Thigh Injury   Aug 06: "And now with Thiago, that is, of course, not good, and we will see. It looks pretty bad. He didn't look too happy."   

Return 18/09/2022   

Curtis Jones   Calf/Shin/Heel Injury   Aug 05: "We hope with Curtis, we caught it in the right moment; that's just how it is with young players. They have some kind of stress reactions sometimes, and then if they go over it because it's not massive pain, it could lead to something serious."   

Return 27/08/2022      

Diogo Jota   Thigh Injury   Aug 05: "Diogo, it was obviously slightly too early, or the injury was different in the first place. They are already fine, and in a few weeks, they will be back."   

Return 22/08/2022   

Caoimhin Kelleher   Groin/Hip/Pelvic Injury   July 29: "Caoimh felt something after the international game [in June]. He came back, and first training [session] felt it again. We checked it, and it was not good so I think he will be another 2-3 weeks and then he should be fine."   

Return 22/08/2022

Konstantinos Tsimikas   Other   Aug 05: "Then Kostas [was] unlucky in a training situation. I saw him now, he was out on the pitch, and he might be - in his opinion, anyway - ready to train next week."   

Return 15/08/2022

Naby Keita   Illness   Aug 05: "Naby is ill, but I think he will be back today, the first day. I underestimated it a little bit when I said he will definitely be fine. He came in yesterday and still showed some little symptoms, no COVID, but it is not right. I guess he will be back today."   

Return 15/08/2022

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain   Thigh Injury   July 29: "It’s a serious hamstring injury, and it will take longer. But it’s a hamstring, and we all hate this word, we hate the injury, but anyway, it happens from time to time, and now Ox was the one."   

No Return Date

Ibrahima Konate   Knee Injury   Aug 05: "We have to see how long it will take, but he is out for a while.

No Return Date

cheers mate that's cheered me up no end
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2: Aug 10, 2022 11:55:17 am
      Probably best to keep all the injury related stuff in here rather than individual player threads.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3: Aug 10, 2022 12:07:25 pm
      cheers mate that's cheered me up no end

It should have cos most are back in a week or 2. ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4: Aug 10, 2022 12:07:53 pm
      Probably best to keep all the injury related stuff in here rather than individual player threads.

Aye I thought a summary of all was useful seen as so many moaning about our bad luck. ;D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #5: Aug 10, 2022 12:13:04 pm
      Haven't we had a few members of the medical team leave the club in the past six months?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6: Aug 10, 2022 12:17:58 pm
      Haven't we had a few members of the medical team leave the club in the past six months?

Seem to remember 1 chap leaving.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #7: Aug 10, 2022 12:28:56 pm

Club Doctor wasn't it. Ramsey injury missed in medical ?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #8: Aug 10, 2022 01:17:07 pm
      1st august.

Liverpool have confirmed club doctor Jim Moxon will leave his position in order to pursue other challenges.

He initially joined the club in the summer of 2016 as head of sports medicine and fitness at the academy before he later joined the first team in 2020. He oversaw the club's response to the Covid-19 pandemic two years ago and has been an integral member of the backroom staff.

Liverpool bolstered their medical department this summer with the appointment of Frigyes Vanden Auweele as the club’s new head of osteopathy. The Belgian has been brought in to support the club’s medical team with the prevention of injuries and the optimisation of performance.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #9: Aug 10, 2022 01:31:06 pm
      Glad to hear most seem to be coming back later this month. However, that still means they need time to get back up to speed since they also missed part of preseason.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #10: Aug 10, 2022 01:31:40 pm
      What about Gordon? i know he's not part of the main squad (yet) but i believe he's still injured?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #11: Aug 10, 2022 01:33:15 pm
      Glad to hear most seem to be coming back later this month. However, that still means they need time to get back up to speed since they also missed part of preseason.

Back in time for the crazy September, Oct & Nov period
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #12: Aug 10, 2022 01:36:04 pm
      What about Gordon? i know he's not part of the main squad (yet) but i believe he's still injured?

pass.

Never played for u21s the other day. so maybe still not fit.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #13: Aug 10, 2022 11:07:34 pm
      is

He would have been very involved in the preseason buildup if not injured, but I don't know what is the timetable for his return.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #14: Aug 11, 2022 09:03:01 am
      Assuming calvin Ramsey is available now, as no mention of him on injury pages or FF pages.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #15: Aug 11, 2022 04:08:44 pm
      Assuming calvin Ramsey is available now, as no mention of him on injury pages or FF pages.

Too early for the wee man Brezi, Robbo took a few weeks to acclimatise, and he came from Hull, Aberdeen are a few levels below the quality and pace of the Prem so I imagine he could take longer, no doubting the boys talents though .
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #16: Aug 11, 2022 04:13:06 pm

Too early for the wee man Brezi, Robbo took a few weeks to acclimatise, and he came from Hull, Aberdeen are a few levels below the quality and pace of the Prem so I imagine he could take longer, no doubting the boys talents though .

Oh aye defo. But at least he is training now with the boys.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #17: Aug 11, 2022 09:49:54 pm
      Instead of listing the injuries, it may be a good idea to list the players available. It may give us some idea of the side we can put out come Monday 🤷‍♂️
      Just saying like 😊
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #18: Aug 11, 2022 10:32:46 pm
      Instead of listing the injuries, it may be a good idea to list the players available. It may give us some idea of the side we can put out come Monday 🤷‍♂️
      Just saying like 😊
      Er...The one's that are not injured are available, so listing injured players leaves you with a list of available players.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #19: Aug 12, 2022 12:10:13 pm
      Back in time for the crazy September, Oct & Nov period

Are they having the usual international break bollocks at the start of September this year? It's usually the first week of September but we've got the derby on the 3rd and no games after Chelsea on the 18th. So I'm just wondering if they've pushed the international back or, hopefully, cancelled it altogether this year.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #20: Aug 12, 2022 12:13:17 pm
      Just saying like 😊

The second half of the first game of the season.

Alisson
      Trent, Matip, VVD, Robbo
      Fabinho, Henderson, Elliott
      Salah, Nunez, Diaz

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #21: Aug 12, 2022 12:19:28 pm
      Are they having the usual international break bollocks at the start of September this year? It's usually the first week of September but we've got the derby on the 3rd and no games after Chelsea on the 18th. So I'm just wondering if they've pushed the international back or, hopefully, cancelled it altogether this year.

I think they moved one set of international games to end of the last season so there's only one break now which is after the Chelsea game and from then on no breaks until the World Cup.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #22: Aug 12, 2022 12:39:33 pm
      Here is what JĂźrgen said today about the transfer market and our midfield situation. Read the whole thing and it will put to death any notion we will bring someone in this window.

, I’m happy with the strength, size and quality of my squad but we have injuries, that’s how it is,” the manager said on Friday.

“Now it is a question of how long will players be out and stuff like this and there are different solutions for it. There are plenty I would say and one of them is the transfer market, but the transfer market only makes sense if you can bring in the right player. The right player, not a player.

“It’s easy to bring a player in and that doesn’t help even [for] a week. If there is the right player then it would make sense but we always actually would have done that from the first day of the transfer window. From the first day of the pre-season, we would have done it.

“But it’s just in some cases not possible and in other cases extremely difficult. That’s why you don’t have to think a lot about it. If something is not possible why should I then constantly think about it? ‘But if not we cannot exist…?’ We can.

“So, all the other solutions are inside the squad. Yes, we have now in the moment definitely too many injuries. A couple of boys are coming back: Naby will be back for Monday and Kostas will train today for the first time so he might be back as well. That’s the situation.

“I understand your questions, really, but on the other hand side I don’t understand them as well because if there would be the right solution for us we would have done it already. We are not stubborn or whatever and say, ‘No! No way, we don't bring in anybody.’

“It’s just about the right thing to do and when people told me in the beginning of the season that we will lack a specific kind of midfielder, I didn’t understand that because if you search for this specific thing then you always lack something.

“If you have technical players then you miss the fighters, if you have the fighters then you miss the technical [players], just to name two things. So, it was always like this: if there would be a right player and there would have been the opportunity, we would have done it, we would do it.

“But I don’t see it because we had a lot of conversations already and it doesn't look like something will happen.”

Quick Reply