Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Injuries 22/23

Read 36340 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: Injuries 22/23
      Reply #207: Oct 23, 2022 02:52:24 pm
      Arsenal have had 8 players ever present this season. No coincidence they are doing so well.

It’s the same with spurs and City

Once we start to play the mainstay of the team then we will go on a run
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #208: Oct 24, 2022 01:06:14 am
      We are having a physical and mental hangover from last season's run. Add to that a reasonably small squad and it's not hard to see why we are struggling. The thing is though, you'd have thought Klopp and all of the other managers/coaches/trainers would have thought this could happen and done something to mitigate the effects.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1631 
      Reply #209: Oct 24, 2022 03:36:54 pm
      Not sure how significant but had no club doctor since August
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 727 posts | 111 
      Reply #210: Oct 24, 2022 04:30:27 pm
      I doubt that there are more tested young men on this planet and fatigue ,muscle injuries or even mental health will be so intensely monitored that no tired player gets anywhere near playing.

That's the theory but in practise there is a constant tension in top clubs between the coaching staff and the medical staff. The coaching staff want the best players playing and the medical staff doing all of the things you've mentioned want players rested now and again ... when you pick up some injuries, what happens is that there is more pressure for the coaches to take more risks with the established players who are not injured - so if the advice is to play them for 30 mins, they may end up on the field for 45-60 ... it's never anything overtly reckless but it does happen because those players are better than the ones who come in when they are rested. Better players mean a better chance of winning games etc. It's a viscous circle but I suspect that this is probably what's happened ... the World Cup and the break that will give us will help us enormously. Out of all of the teams in the top half of the league I reckon we will benefit the most from it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #211: Oct 24, 2022 04:31:20 pm
      Not sure how significant but had no club doctor since August

We have had temp Docs come in but the clubs main medical staff are all there
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #212: Oct 24, 2022 04:47:33 pm
      Every time I see this thread commented upon I dread. We'll be discussing ligament injuries to the dinner ladies at the AXA Training Centre soon enough.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #213: Oct 25, 2022 10:32:31 pm
      Thiago still out with a ear infection what the actual f@#k
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #214: Oct 25, 2022 10:35:08 pm
      Klopp: "Naby and Ox are not in the Champions League squad because everyone told me they would be out for longer."

Not sure whether there were available spaces for senior players or not, but this certainly seems to speak of dysfunction at some level of our  medical setup. Maybe someone can convince me it doesn't, but on the surface it just sounds so ... amateurish.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #215: Oct 25, 2022 10:46:20 pm
      Thiago still out with a ear infection what the actual f@#k

I had one throughout last week and have some sympathy for him! Fluid buildup was bad, left me a bit deaf and dizzy especially in the morning. Toom a few days to drain.

Not had one since I was 12!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #216: Oct 25, 2022 10:56:01 pm
      Klopp: "Naby and Ox are not in the Champions League squad because everyone told me they would be out for longer."

Not sure whether there were available spaces for senior players or not, but this certainly seems to speak of dysfunction at some level of our  medical setup. Maybe someone can convince me it doesn't, but on the surface it just sounds so ... amateurish.

Agreed. I don't know how you can misjudge that and it sounds shambolic.

I read an article in August that we are running a preventative medical strategy. So we pick up injuries before they develop into long term injuries. Apparently saves us from multiple injury days over the course of a long term.

Thing is, if that is being employed, it is simply ruining us at the moment. For instance,  what's the point in holding Nunez away from a game because of 'slight tightness' and us putting in one of the most tragic displays seen under Klopp at Forest?

It's all very well following the data. But it only serves a purpose up to a point. Sir Alex Ferguson wrote something along the lines of saying that following data in football is all good and well. But if you had a patient hospital only being monitored via his vitals, then that isn't much help when said patient is choking on a chicken sandwich.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #217: Oct 26, 2022 08:49:20 am
      Agreed. I don't know how you can misjudge that and it sounds shambolic.

I read an article in August that we are running a preventative medical strategy. So we pick up injuries before they develop into long term injuries. Apparently saves us from multiple injury days over the course of a long term.

Thing is, if that is being employed, it is simply ruining us at the moment. For instance,  what's the point in holding Nunez away from a game because of 'slight tightness' and us putting in one of the most tragic displays seen under Klopp at Forest?

It's all very well following the data. But it only serves a purpose up to a point. Sir Alex Ferguson wrote something along the lines of saying that following data in football is all good and well. But if you had a patient hospital only being monitored via his vitals, then that isn't much help when said patient is choking on a chicken sandwich.

We don’t even have a team doctor after the last one left in August.

Seems like things are not as smooth behind the scenes as one would suspect, makes you wonder why Edwards actually left, maybe he foresaw the decline in the team without major investement 🤷‍♂️
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #218: Oct 26, 2022 09:09:14 am

Clearly a divide between Klopp and the medical/sports science staff at the moment. Considering he doesn't really come out and criticise anything to do with the club it's quite significant he's gone out and said that rather than phrase it as a positive about how quickly they've come back.

Not sure how many top clubs are without a permanent doctor but we could do with bringing one in now and sorting that side of things out.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #219: Oct 26, 2022 09:09:35 am
      We don’t even have a team doctor after the last one left in August.

Seems like things are not as smooth behind the scenes as one would suspect, makes you wonder why Edwards actually left, maybe he foresaw the decline in the team without major investement 🤷‍♂️

What ... we can't even invest in a team doctor now? What a mess. The people running this club need to sort it out. Sounds like a complete joke.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #220: Oct 26, 2022 09:16:54 am
      Clearly a divide between Klopp and the medical/sports science staff at the moment. Considering he doesn't really come out and criticise anything to do with the club it's quite significant he's gone out and said that rather than phrase it as a positive about how quickly they've come back.

Not sure how many top clubs are without a permanent doctor but we could do with bringing one in now and sorting that side of things out.

The whole thing stinks and makes the club look amateurish.

Takes me back to his 'look, I don't decide how much we can spend line' when being peppered with questions on midfield in preseason.

This line over keita ond Ox tells its own story. He's obviously frustrated about how things are going behind the scenes.

I've no time for keita anyway ... he will be injured again by the weekend and Ox should have been moved out long ago. The names don't matter ... the divide between Jürgen and what medical team we have is what matters and it's concerning.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #221: Oct 26, 2022 09:19:25 am

Klopp over the years has hinted a number of times about players not playing through the pain at times - he mentioned it with regards Sturridge early days and also recently in regards Ox

If the medial team have said they expect the players to be out until the end of the year then they come back earlier than that then you can see why Klopp would be a bit annoyed

But we should have enough to get through without those two and it’s also good to have them back now , get a few mins and then prepare for after the World Cup

The key is what happens after - at the moment none of the injuries are longer than 6/8 weeks so unless some dramatic happens hopefully we start after the break with no major issues
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #222: Oct 26, 2022 09:45:53 am
      I had one throughout last week and have some sympathy for him! Fluid buildup was bad, left me a bit deaf and dizzy especially in the morning. Toom a few days to drain.

Not had one since I was 12!

You would think flying with an ear infection might be quite painful too. It was pretty obvious he wouldn't be involved tonight I felt. I don't expect to see him at the weekend either ... I'd assume he'd have to train tomorrow and Friday to be considered.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #223: Oct 31, 2022 06:35:58 pm
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #224: Nov 01, 2022 07:51:55 pm
      Anyone remember our number 2 keeper? He has been out all season. Jesus what the f**k do we do to these players.
      Thank God Ali is staying fit.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #225: Nov 01, 2022 07:58:08 pm
      Anyone remember our number 2 keeper? He has been out all season. Jesus what the f**k do we do to these players.
      Thank God Ali is staying fit.

He is on the bench tonight and been back over a month now
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #226: Nov 01, 2022 07:59:27 pm
      He is on the bench tonight and been back over a month now

;D. ta mate. Too many beers
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #227: Nov 01, 2022 08:02:57 pm

:lmao: 👍
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #228: Nov 05, 2022 03:15:20 pm
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #229: Nov 05, 2022 07:16:14 pm
      Klopp over the years has hinted a number of times about players not playing through the pain at times - he mentioned it with regards Sturridge early days and also recently in regards Ox

If the medial team have said they expect the players to be out until the end of the year then they come back earlier than that then you can see why Klopp would be a bit annoyed

But we should have enough to get through without those two and it’s also good to have them back now , get a few mins and then prepare for after the World Cup

The key is what happens after - at the moment none of the injuries are longer than 6/8 weeks so unless some dramatic happens hopefully we start after the break with no major issues

Jota could be well after Xmas..even well into Feb or even March.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/Jürgen-klopp-offers-diogo-jota-injury-update

Quick Reply