Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Womens Football: All levels.

Read 2440 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,611 posts | 3915 
      Womens Football: All levels.
      Jul 31, 2022 07:47:51 pm
      I just can’t get into it. Same thing with womens tennis.

I watched my first woman’s game last season, I think it was chelsea v Leicester and it ended up like 8:0 - was weird.

Fair play though and congrats!
      « Last Edit: Aug 11, 2022 11:43:11 am by RedPuppy »
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 828 posts | 298 
      Re: Re: Women's Euros 2022 Winners: England.
      Reply #1: Jul 31, 2022 09:04:27 pm
      Still struggling with the Coming home nonsense and the 56 years of hurt I dont think England had a womens team 56 years ago.

Women were still banned from playing football by the FA 56 years ago. I read somewhere that we banned women from football for 50 years from about 1920.

I agree with your point though. There can't  be a comparison; obviously a massive gap between the men's and women's games. Women's football is only recently becoming professional, the wages are nowhere near the men's, there are only a few clubs and the crowds are much smaller.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2: Jul 31, 2022 09:35:34 pm
      Women were still banned from playing football by the FA 56 years ago. I read somewhere that we banned women from football for 50 years from about 1920.

I agree with your point though. There can't  be a comparison; obviously a massive gap between the men's and women's games. Women's football is only recently becoming professional, the wages are nowhere near the men's, there are only a few clubs and the crowds are much smaller.

I wish them well and if they want to expand the game steer clear of the traits of the Mens game and it will attract younger members and families. Womans football was quite big before the FA banned it so the FA have been corrupt and inept for more than 100 years.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3: Aug 01, 2022 06:42:28 pm
      there is also a clamour for Women to get the same as men playing for England well be careful what you wish for because I understand they have donated there match fees for some years now playing for nothing.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 828 posts | 298 
      Reply #4: Aug 01, 2022 07:34:34 pm
      there is also a clamour for Women to get the same as men playing for England well be careful what you wish for because I understand they have donated there match fees for some years now playing for nothing.

Both the England men's team and women's team are paid £2000 per England game by the FA, there has been parity for a few years. The men can obviously donate their money to charity as it's relatively small change for them.

England woman captain earns £200,000 per year.
      England men's captain earns more than that in 1 week. 

Average WSL salary is £47,000 per year.
      Average PL salary is £8,200,000 per year.

There is obviously no comparison between the 2. The men earn a lot more because PL football brings in the money and subsidies the women's game at the big clubs. It will take years for the women's game to get closer to the men's game. This also reflects in the quality of the football, a lot of very promising women players will have left the game because of the lack of financial support/reward.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 828 posts | 298 
      Reply #5: Aug 01, 2022 07:36:42 pm
      get with the programme mate "men" bad "women" good.

Men's and women's football= good

LFC football= better  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6: Aug 01, 2022 07:47:45 pm
      If SKY lose premier league football and then take up Womans super league how many people would stay with SKY. ? The Mens game attracts literally £billions from all over the World comparison are dangerous for the women they should concentrate expanding the "Brand" of Womens football and forget where the mens game is.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,236 posts | 745 
      Reply #7: Aug 01, 2022 09:05:13 pm
      If SKY lose premier league football and then take up Womans super league how many people would stay with SKY. ? The Mens game attracts literally £billions from all over the World comparison are dangerous for the women they should concentrate expanding the "Brand" of Womens football and forget where the mens game is.
      The men's and Women's game will co exist independently of each other as with every other sport.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #8: Aug 04, 2022 07:07:57 pm
      The men's and Women's game will co exist independently of each other as with every other sport.

no they won't
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,236 posts | 745 
      Reply #9: Aug 04, 2022 07:26:25 pm
      OK thanks for letting me know ...what the F**K was I thinking?
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #10: Aug 09, 2022 12:50:24 pm
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Totally. And the same goes for the set of supporters in Wembley today who were glorious without resorting to the filth that that was displayed by last year's mob of neanderthals. A lot to be learned by watching the women's game for England.

It's a different type of crowd that attends their games, not just at international level, but all levels. No comparison. It's not going to change the tribal fan culture of the men's game.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #11: Aug 09, 2022 04:08:39 pm
      It's a different type of crowd that attends their games, not just at international level, but all levels. No comparison. It's not going to change the tribal fan culture of the men's game.

I don't know about the UK but in North America the women's game they target families, you see a lot of parents with their daughters in the stands which different feel. I also feel like those supporters who are seen as "Neanderthals" wouldn't have much interest in attending women's game.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Womens Football: All levels.
      Reply #12: Aug 11, 2022 11:45:01 am
      Split the thread from the Women's Euros 2022, which is now locked, carry on discussing it here.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,036 posts | 2091 
      Reply #13: Aug 11, 2022 12:50:53 pm

Talk about being Captain bloody Obvious.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #14: Aug 11, 2022 01:16:12 pm
      No problem with women’s football but not for me, I can watch a lads U14 on the local pitches and they have more skill.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,269 posts | 6368 
      Reply #15: Aug 11, 2022 02:13:30 pm
      No problem with women’s football but not for me, I can watch a lads U14 on the local pitches and they have more skill.

Truth, in fact the US Women's team (arguably the best in the world at the time) got beat by a U15 team a few years back.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #16: Aug 13, 2022 01:36:53 pm
      Truth, in fact the US Women's team (arguably the best in the world at the time) got beat by a U15 team a few years back.

A professional club's academy side. And I also imagine the u-15's side weren't in F***ing diapers!!

Quick Reply