Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Night Sky

Read 1801 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      The Night Sky
      Aug 12, 2022 07:41:17 pm
      I've always been interested in space, planets the stars etc but over lockdown got even more intrigued by what's up there.

Spend many a night spotting the ISS and various planets etc.

Tonight is a special one to try and catch as the Perseid Meteor shower should be visible tonight.

Only seen one last time it was visible so hoping for a few more tonight.
      « Last Edit: Aug 12, 2022 08:28:11 pm by srslfc »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Re: The Night Sky
      Reply #1: Aug 12, 2022 07:52:04 pm
      I've always been interested in space, planets the stars etc but over lockdown for even more intrigued by what's up there.

Spend many a night spotting the ISS an various planets etc.

Tonight is a special one to try and catch as the Perseid Meteor shower should be visible tonight.

Only seen one last time it was visible so hoping for a few more tonight.

I remember walking outside a month or so ago (IIRC) and seeing what looked like a giant star that I'd never seen before. I says to msyelf, there's no way that's a star...got out my night sky app and turns out it was Jupiter. I'd never seen a planet that clearly before. Crazy sh*t. Astronomy is freaking wild man.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2: Aug 12, 2022 08:19:04 pm
      I remember walking outside a month or so ago (IIRC) and seeing what looked like a giant star that I'd never seen before. I says to msyelf, there's no way that's a star...got out my night sky app and turns out it was Jupiter. I'd never seen a planet that clearly before. Crazy sh*t. Astronomy is freaking wild man.

Jupiter is class when you see it well. We can see Mars, Jupiter and Venus well here most of the year.

AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #3: Aug 12, 2022 08:23:00 pm
      Might have a sit outside when the sun goes down and see if I can spot anything... to be honest any excuse to get out this stuffy house.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4: Aug 13, 2022 06:21:30 pm
      Didn't see any meteors, moon was much too bright when I was out
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5: Aug 13, 2022 06:24:10 pm
      Moon is awesome at present it was Yellow last night and the stars really bright last night.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #6: Aug 21, 2022 12:00:17 pm
      I remember Christmas Eve 2020 just after tea time taking the kids out in the cold to see the 'Christmas star'.  Think it was Jupiter and Saturn? right next to each other.  Kids loved it all and it was pretty special at that time of year.
      RomaN
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts | 38 
      Reply #7: Aug 24, 2022 07:25:08 pm
      I remember taking my now wife back to her parents house and spotting a shooting star. We lay in the field watching more meteors than I've ever seen in my life with both of us commenting how clear the sky was and we should do this more often.

Turns out it was a once in a blue moon event that had been in the news in the run up but we'd both been oblivious to it 😂

Quick Reply