Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-match: Liverpool v. Crystal Palace; Premier League [Monday, Aug. 15, 8 p.m.]

Read 3857 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre-match: Liverpool v. Crystal Palace; Premier League [Monday, Aug. 15, 8 p.m.]
      Aug 14, 2022 02:34:46 pm
      Time to bounce back. We know Thiago won't feature. I've seen rumours online that Matip is out but he is not mentioned in official team site so I don't know how credible those reports are. I guess it will be Joe Gomez with Virgil at center back if they are true (Now that i think of it, Konate is not mentioned either but I know before it was said he will be out for a while - too many injuries to mention them all, I suppose).

Hoping for a good performance and three points.

« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2022 06:58:24 pm by RedPuppy »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Pre-match: Liverpool v. Crystal Palace; Premier League [Monday, Aug. 15, 8 p.m.]
      Reply #1: Aug 14, 2022 03:51:23 pm
      I would like to see Joe get game time with big Virgil they seem a very good combo. Just get the win and move on tomorrow .Hopefully with an evening kick off it should be cooler than of late too so no need to hold back. Lets give UTD some sleepless nights by putting on a great team performance
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Re: Pre-match: Liverpool v. Crystal Palace; Premier League [Monday, Aug. 15, 8 p.m.]
      Reply #2: Aug 14, 2022 04:40:10 pm
      COYR  :scarf:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3: Aug 14, 2022 06:38:46 pm
      Don’t know why, but I dont have a confident feeling about this game. Maybe because it’s been a number of years now since we last failed to win on the opening day. Mixed in with the number of injuries we have.

Also read the stat that the last time Gomez and Virgil started together in league was our 7-2 defeat to Villa.

A few players could easily sit this game out based on their last appearance but based on what’s available and who improved us against Fulham, I’d like to see the following;

Ali, Trent, Gomez, Virgil, Robbo, Fab, Elliott, Milner, Mo, Diaz and Darwin.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4: Aug 14, 2022 06:44:45 pm
      just simply can't wait for tomorrow night time at Anfield first home game it has everything line up for us to make a real statement early on.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5: Aug 14, 2022 07:02:18 pm
      Be surprised if Darwin doesn't get a start. Made an impact already. Keeps defenders occupied. Over the years we've probably scored more creative goals than any other team, now that we have a predatory striker. he'll need feeding.

Need a thumping win to get back up in or close to the top 4.

5-1
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #6: Aug 14, 2022 07:06:24 pm
      Can’t w  at it to see the starting 11 😬

Not sure who’s left standing !
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #7: Aug 14, 2022 07:35:04 pm
      Don’t know why, but I dont have a confident feeling about this game. Maybe because it’s been a number of years now since we last failed to win on the opening day. Mixed in with the number of injuries we have.

Also read the stat that the last time Gomez and Virgil started together in league was our 7-2 defeat to Villa.

A few players could easily sit this game out based on their last appearance but based on what’s available and who improved us against Fulham, I’d like to see the following;

Ali, Trent, Gomez, Virgil, Robbo, Fab, Elliott, Milner, Mo, Diaz and Darwin.

I’m tempted to start Milner too mate
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #8: Aug 14, 2022 08:01:52 pm
      I’m tempted to start Milner too mate

I’m glad, I was starting to wonder if I was being a bit extreme for a minute!
      But no on a serious note, it was the subs that rescued it for us vs Fulham and IMO with Thiago currently out, I think Milner brings a better balance to the midfield than what Hendo will in this game.

Palace are no pushovers, they had one of the best defences last season I believe. They are a much better side since Viera took over and despite losing to Arsenal last week, they had plenty of chances.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #9: Aug 14, 2022 08:58:04 pm
      Should see a reaction from the players after last weekend's shocker. Be a bit worried if we don't put in a good performance.

Nunez needs to start, Gomez in at the back and I want to see Elliott as part of the midfield.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #10: Aug 14, 2022 08:59:45 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

It is either Keita or Elliott. We will see them both. I went with Keita because he is more experienced.

We need to win the match anyhow.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #11: Aug 14, 2022 09:23:54 pm
      Just got a ticket in CE7.
      Couple of areas in main stand lit up too so anybody who's still looking get on now
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #12: Aug 14, 2022 11:14:29 pm
      Just praying they don’t score first 😬
      As long as that doesn’t happen, I’m going for 3:0
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #13: Aug 14, 2022 11:36:22 pm
      Expect a few changes with all the injuries, good chance for Gomez and Elliott to make a case for more starts (Especially Gomez who been waiting a while).

Fast start would be nice to get the crowd into it, Palace are a decent side so I expect decent game.

---------------Allison--------------
      TAA-----Gomez---VvD---Robbo
      ----Elliott---Fabinho---Hendo---
      -----Salah---Nunez-----Diaz-----

harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #14: Aug 15, 2022 12:22:46 am
      I think Elliot will get the nod to start -- he'll be absolutely buzzing and full of confidence after signing his new deal.  I think Nunez has to start as the #9, and if Matip and I bought are both injured then Joe slots in next to VVD. 

Ali
      TAA - Joe - VVD - Andy
      Fab -- Hendo
      Mo - Harv - Luis
      Darwin
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #15: Aug 15, 2022 12:36:23 am
      I mean, we should have more than enough.....
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #16: Aug 15, 2022 07:38:28 am
      Expect Naby and Elliott to both see minutes. Elliott will probably  start due to having some minutes under his belt .
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #17: Aug 15, 2022 08:10:32 am
      Time to show whatcwe are made of at them from the start
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #18: Aug 15, 2022 09:25:52 am
      Time to show whatcwe are made of at them from the start

think we will mate looking forward to this tonight I think the lads will be like hungry Wolves.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #19: Aug 15, 2022 09:37:16 am
      Evening game under the lights, just the ticket. mon the redmen
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #20: Aug 15, 2022 10:06:09 am
      I think Elliot will get the nod to start -- he'll be absolutely buzzing and full of confidence after signing his new deal.  I think Nunez has to start as the #9, and if Matip and I bought are both injured then Joe slots in next to VVD. 

Ali
      TAA - Joe - VVD - Andy
      Fab -- Hendo
      Mo - Harv - Luis
      Darwin

I'd like to see this. Fab and Henderson helping the defence a bit more with Harvey ahead of them, we've conceded goals in a lot of recent games. That front 4 with Trent and Andy should be able to get a few goals against Palace.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #21: Aug 15, 2022 10:31:20 am
      Amazing how losing a lynch pin in midfield throws your team thoughts up in the air, without Thiago suddenly we feel rudderless, disjointed maybe, because we are so reliant on him, it’s probably the only position we don’t have like for like, understandably, he’s uniquely brilliant and I’d argue the best in Europe, so we will miss everything about him,

We do have really good prospects of course but prospects don’t bring experience with them nor the vision  to see a pass where no one else can, that’s what we will miss most, we need another Thiago, only ten years younger, however, we should still do Palace reasonably comfortably at home, not quite down to the bare bones yet but certainly not fielding our strongest…..I’d go thus…..

Alisson
                    Trent Gomez Virgil Robbo
                               Fabinho
                       Hendo           Keita
                       Salah  Nunez  Diaz

If Naby doesn’t make it I’d be very tempted to throw Carvalho in at the deep end, but probably play Bobby deeper in a 4-1-2-3, difficult to judge Palace as yet this season for obviously reasons but we should still prove too much for them,
      Anfield will be buzzin first home game, add under the lights, Evening KO, it’s Gonna be ELECTRIFYING, so I’m expecting sparks & Lightening strikes from our front three and a statement of intent from the whole team, we’re already in the oil slick behind them Cnuts b4 game two kicks off, so back to winning ways starting from tonight, don’t see anything other than a Mighty Reds win.

shh, whisper it quietly, MUtants are rock f***in Bottom, their closer to the championship than top 4, and if you listen very very carefully you’ll hear Fergie sobbing into his Red label, where’s your ‘f***in Perch’ now you bacon faced old Cnut, bacon faced old Cnut, bacon faced old Cnut, bacon faced old Cnut, bacon faced old Cnut, bacon faced old Cnut…..that void between us and them has a hell of Echo doesn’t it??

You alright Keith ?? 😂

Y  N  W  A
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #22: Aug 15, 2022 11:00:43 am
      This is going to be tough! Expecting a nervous game. Just hope the team up their levels from last time and go for it.

My team:

Alisson

Trent Gomez VVD Robbo

Elliott Fabinho Henderson

Salah Darwin Diaz

Quick Reply