Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-match: Liverpool v. Crystal Palace; Premier League [Monday, Aug. 15, 8 p.m.]

Read 3864 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Re: Pre-match: Liverpool v. Crystal Palace; Premier League [Monday, Aug. 15, 8 p.m.]
      Reply #23: Aug 15, 2022 01:01:18 pm
      Boss has hinted Naby will start and bring Elliott into it later on. Probably putting Carvalho behind Naby & Elliott and Jones even. Have to be fair unless at some stage Carvalho comes on and makes a statement of intent.

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,979 posts | 666 
      Re: Pre-match: Liverpool v. Crystal Palace; Premier League [Monday, Aug. 15, 8 p.m.]
      Reply #24: Aug 15, 2022 01:03:22 pm
      Amazing how losing a lynch pin in midfield throws your team thoughts up in the air, without Thiago suddenly we feel rudderless, disjointed maybe, because we are so reliant on him, it’s probably the only position we don’t have like for like, understandably, he’s uniquely brilliant and I’d argue the best in Europe, so we will miss everything about him,

We do have really good prospects of course but prospects don’t bring experience with them nor the vision  to see a pass where no one else can, that’s what we will miss most, we need another Thiago, only ten years younger, however, we should still do Palace reasonably comfortably at home, not quite down to the bare bones yet but certainly not fielding our strongest…..I’d go thus…..

Alisson
                    Trent Gomez Virgil Robbo
                               Fabinho
                       Hendo           Keita
                       Salah  Nunez  Diaz

If Naby doesn’t make it I’d be very tempted to throw Carvalho in at the deep end, but probably play Bobby deeper in a 4-1-2-3, difficult to judge Palace as yet this season for obviously reasons but we should still prove too much for them,
      Anfield will be buzzin first home game, add under the lights, Evening KO, it’s Gonna be ELECTRIFYING, so I’m expecting sparks & Lightening strikes from our front three and a statement of intent from the whole team, we’re already in the oil slick behind them Cnuts b4 game two kicks off, so back to winning ways starting from tonight, don’t see anything other than a Mighty Reds win.

shh, whisper it quietly, MUtants are rock f***in Bottom, their closer to the championship than top 4, and if you listen very very carefully you’ll hear Fergie sobbing into his Red label, where’s your ‘F**kin Perch’ now you bacon faced old Cnut, bacon faced old Cnut, bacon faced old Cnut, bacon faced old Cnut, bacon faced old Cnut, bacon faced old Cnut…..that void between us and them has a hell of Echo doesn’t it??

You alright Keith ?? 😂

Y  N  W  A
      I like your call on Cavalho, he's got something special about him. Don't mean to blow smoke up your you know what...but I'll counter whisper...We are as it stands also closer to the championship than top four.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,457 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #25: Aug 15, 2022 01:13:11 pm
      So probably this is the lineup...

------------ Ali ------------
      - Trent-Gomez-VVD-Robbo -
      --------- Fab-----------------
      --- Hendo ------ Nabylad---
      -- Salah - Nunez- diaz --

Very exciting team even without Thiago, and plenty options on the bench, Bobby, Milner, Elliott, Carvhalo, Kostas etc.

« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2022 01:18:16 pm by brezipool »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #26: Aug 15, 2022 01:44:53 pm
      I like your call on Cavalho, he's got something special about him. Don't mean to blow smoke up your you know what...but I'll counter whisper...We are as it stands also closer to the championship than top four.

ARSE !

Is what you mean I ass-ume, so why not just say it ? But yes I think the young lad is special too, a bit different  from Trent’s situation but you only learn from making mistakes, Trent made a few, still does but he learns from them and has got himself a wealth of experience too, I’m a believer in, if your good enough get in amongst it and make yourself better,

I’d be happy if Jürgen played him, he gets invaluable experience at this level, gets to feel the pace and intensity of a prem fixture albeit against Palace, who let’s face are not going to pose too many dramas, I’ve likened him to a Coutinho type role in the AM position behind a front three, so tonight is a very good base for him to start, whether Jürgen sees it the same way I doubt and will probably revert to Bobby, but potentially we have a worldly for sure.

Stick  him in there Jürgen, and IF the proverbial hits the fan, no pun intended, we can always Chuck Jimmy into the mix !!

RIBENA for my Men, WE RIDE AT DAWN !!!

Y  N  W  A
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,457 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #27: Aug 15, 2022 01:49:13 pm

ARSE !

Is what you mean I ass-ume, so why not just say it ? But yes I think the young lad is special too, a bit different  from Trent’s situation but you only learn from making mistakes, Trent made a few, still does but he learns from them and has got himself a wealth of experience too, I’m a believer in, if your good enough get in amongst it and make yourself better,

I’d be happy if Jürgen played him, he gets invaluable experience at this level, gets to feel the pace and intensity of a prem fixture albeit against Palace, who let’s face are not going to pose too many dramas, I’ve likened him to a Coutinho type role in the AM position behind a front three, so tonight is a very good base for him to start, whether Jürgen sees it the same way I doubt and will probably revert to Bobby, but potentially we have a worldly for sure.

Stick  him in there Jürgen, and IF the proverbial hits the fan, no pun intended, we can always Chuck Jimmy into the mix !!

Y  N  W  A

The 5 subs rule is gonna be brilliant for the younger lads in the squad, many many more chances to get minutes in the League.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #28: Aug 15, 2022 01:57:45 pm
      The 5 subs rule is gonna be brilliant for the younger lads in the squad, many many more chances to get minutes in the League.
      True. But can you imagine the time-wasting teams will use? Not only that, the game has now become even more stop-start. I'm not a fan. I hope I am wrong.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,979 posts | 666 
      Reply #29: Aug 15, 2022 02:21:25 pm

ARSE !

Y  N  W  A
      "Proverbial"...I assume you mean sh*t...In which case just say it!
      Enjoy the game fella....2-1 to us
      rossyred

• 9,096 posts | 1636 
      Reply #30: Aug 15, 2022 02:33:10 pm
      So probably this is the lineup...

------------ Ali ------------
      - Trent-Gomez-VVD-Robbo -
      --------- Fab-----------------
      --- Hendo ------ Nabylad---
      -- Salah - Nunez- diaz --

Very exciting team even without Thiago, and plenty options on the bench, Bobby, Milner, Elliott, Carvhalo, Kostas etc.

Longer day gone on I think you might be right with Naby getting the nod .
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,457 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #31: Aug 15, 2022 02:33:44 pm
      True. But can you imagine the time-wasting teams will use? Not only that, the game has now become even more stop-start. I'm not a fan. I hope I am wrong.

Looking at the negative side of it, yes there is more time wasting, but if refs add the allotted time back its not an issue, even keeps match goers out longer, spending more money. ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #32: Aug 15, 2022 02:38:43 pm
      Pretty much have to get all 3 points here. No other result will do even though it's early in the season. Reckon we will blow their doors off today.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #33: Aug 15, 2022 02:46:47 pm
      Can’t explain the level of anticipation I have for this game. Been buzzing all day and the hours have been dragging… Bit of a false start against Fulham and then 10 days of waiting while having to see everyone else play. Think I’ve realised as well I don’t have the attention span for any game unless we are involved, was looking forward to watching Chelsea/Spurs and must have watched all of 15 minutes.

There should be no must win games at this point in this season but you ideally don’t want to give City any encouragement this early in the season so nothing less than 3 points today. Hopefully a good performance along with it, maybe don’t concede first for a change and have the game wrapped up before the 2nd half. That would be nice.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #34: Aug 15, 2022 02:49:07 pm
      Looking at the negative side of it, yes there is more time wasting, but if refs add the allotted time back its not an issue, even keeps match goers out longer, spending more money. ;D
      I heard something about, only having 60min games but the clock stopping every time the ball is out of play because, apparently, the ball is out of play on average, 30mins a game. Not sure how that provides more ball time, but there you go. Something to do with a Wenger proposal.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #35: Aug 15, 2022 02:51:05 pm
      Pretty much have to get all 3 points here. No other result will do even though it's early in the season. Reckon we will blow their doors off today.
      Seeing as we've lost the title twice, on one point, I think you're right. Unthinkable even a few years ago, but, 1 point? It's that close, we're already looking at the prospect of having to beat City home and away to win the title.

Madness, but that's the high bar both teams have set.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,457 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #36: Aug 15, 2022 02:51:35 pm
      I heard something about, only having 60min games but the clock stopping every time the ball is out of play because, apparently, the ball is out of play on average, 30mins a game. Not sure how that provides more ball time, but there you go. Something to do with a Wenger proposal.

Yea, That would be cool if they added time for ball out of play. But suppose matches could go on for many many hours. L o l
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #37: Aug 15, 2022 03:36:13 pm
      Seeing as we've lost the title twice, on one point, I think you're right. Unthinkable even a few years ago, but, 1 point? It's that close, we're already looking at the prospect of having to beat City home and away to win the title.

Madness, but that's the high bar both teams have set.

This is why last week still stings so much.  I hate to blame refs (especially when our performance was sh*te) but I still feel we were cheated out of 2 points, and those points could ultimately be the difference in 1st / 2nd....

I do think Jürgen will have put a rocket up the player's arses and we will start with more intensity and tempo than we witnessed at Fulham.  I'm hoping for an early goal for Darwin as I think with a bit of confidence that he'll start banging them in for fun. 
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,457 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #38: Aug 15, 2022 03:45:09 pm
      This is why last week still stings so much.  I hate to blame refs (especially when our performance was sh*te) but I still feel we were cheated out of 2 points, and those points could ultimately be the difference in 1st / 2nd....

I do think Jürgen will have put a rocket up the player's arses and we will start with more intensity and tempo than we witnessed at Fulham.  I'm hoping for an early goal for Darwin as I think with a bit of confidence that he'll start banging them in for fun. 

I really cant see city and us getting the massive points we have in previous seasons, Its going to be a lot tighter this season. We already seeing improvements from loads of teams.

So the points dropped last week aint gonna make a massive difference, unless we follow it up with another shiter tonight. :lmao:
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,139 posts | 1195 
      Reply #39: Aug 15, 2022 04:26:45 pm
      Good length of time preparing for this and seeing the results come in over the weekend I'm sure the players will be straining at the leash to get on the pitch and declare our title hunt well and truly under way.

Darwin must be in from the start as he is such a handful and his tenacity helps set the standard of our attacking play. Harvey too for me as we need his positive energy and creativity in the middle. We really should blow this lot away 3 or 4-0.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #40: Aug 15, 2022 05:00:58 pm
      I really cant see city and us getting the massive points we have in previous seasons, Its going to be a lot tighter this season. We already seeing improvements from loads of teams.

So the points dropped last week aint gonna make a massive difference, unless we follow it up with another shiter tonight. :lmao:

I think the word you want is shi**er ;D
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #41: Aug 15, 2022 05:09:16 pm
      Looking forward to it come on reds
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2052 
      Reply #42: Aug 15, 2022 05:24:34 pm
      Will be a tough game this. Personally think Vieira was one of the manager's of the season last year. He really taught and told his team to go for it against the top sides and survived in a season where many, including myself, didn't give them much hope of staying up (such was the ageing mess of a team that Hodgson left).

Quite simply, we're going to have to be close to our A game for this one.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,634 posts | 1559 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #43: Aug 15, 2022 05:25:23 pm
      This is going to be tough! Expecting a nervous game. Just hope the team up their levels from last time and go for it.

My team:

Alisson

Trent Gomez VVD Robbo

Elliott Fabinho Henderson

Salah Darwin Diaz

So this would be my team too London Red. I'm liking that a lot.

Our season starts tonight after the slight hiccup last weekend.

Full house at Anfield for the first home game can only be a brilliant atmosphere after our efforts last season, everyone should be buzzing.

I'm very confident of 3 points and hopefully a bit of a goal fest to boot.

Awful to say but the pressure is already on.

Come on you mighty redmen, let's slay those Eagles.

:kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #44: Aug 15, 2022 05:32:10 pm
      "Proverbial"...I assume you mean Sh*t...In which case just say it!
      Enjoy the game fella....2-1 to us

😂 😂 Touché, fair play, I’m going 3-0 Darwin with a double & probably Mo, in no particular order !!
      murpies
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 69 posts |
      Reply #45: Aug 15, 2022 06:12:19 pm
      Hi , any online streaming sites to watch the game . Currently outside n can’t watch it at home from my TV set. 🥲

Quick Reply