Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Palace?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Nat Phillips
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      24 (30.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      50 (64.1%)
      Darwin Núñez
      2 (2.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.3%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Fábio Carvalho
      1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: Aug 19, 2022 09:55:39 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 21716 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Aug 16, 2022 08:39:10 am
      Well last season we almost clawed back a 14 deficit so 4 points isn’t the end of the world.
      Just a disappointing start to the season.
      Just want to see how we overcome the tactic of defending with 10 and looking to counter going forwards, as everyone below the top 6 will play it.
      No body is gonna adapt and open play game as they know we’ll demolish them 🤷‍♂️

Not sure what the answer is, but we don’t seem to have it yet !
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #576: Aug 16, 2022 08:39:32 am
      Proper deflating at the moment, always in losing position, chasing our tails, floating balls around the place.

Lost the final, drew first 2 games of the season.

Just feels a little meh and depressing.

Hope we can sort our form asap

Let's be very clear and add this to your depression - We have only won 2 of our last 10 games in normal time. And one of which is against these lot.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #577: Aug 16, 2022 08:39:56 am
      So why do you think FSG are refusing to spend?

Here they come
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #578: Aug 16, 2022 08:51:18 am

We have seen enough and we can regurgitate.

I rate Nat Phillips > VVD, Kelleher > Ali.
      FSG made a mistake on the transfers.
      Jürgen was naïve to be playing Darwin as he wasn't ready for the PL.
      The list goes on...

Aren't these WUMS tired?
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #579: Aug 16, 2022 09:03:09 am
      Woefull all night long with one exeption Elliot had a good game the rest avrage at best with many below par. Midfield shocking cant play Two of Fab, Hendo or Milner if we do we have lost the midfield wake up ffs

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/Jürgen-klopp-nunez-red-card-and-draw-palace

Jürgen Klopp on Nunez red card and draw with Palace
      On his assessment of the Reds’ performance on the night…

Really good. I told the boys after the game I’m proud, and I am – that’s what I feel. A lot of things happened during the week and then the game started like it started, I loved it, that was the game we wanted to play. Of course we wanted to finish the situations off but I think we did extremely well and then in the box with a lot of legs and bodies they blocked, I’m not sure, seven or eight shots in the first half already. That’s a special number so we were obviously on the right path and if we carry on like this it was a matter of time.

But unfortunately then they scored the 1-0, which I think was the first counter-attack? I think so. Everything was in place for that moment, so we had good protection actually; we had Fab and Trent around Eze, we had two-v-one in the last line as well. Unfortunately, Eze can free him there and then the space is pretty big, with the speed of Zaha and a good finish. In that moment they showed actually how good they are and how difficult it is to play against them, because these moments always can happen and it didn’t happen too often.

At half-time, positive, I told the boys we should go back to the way we started the game, that would be ideal; we need offers, we need the speed, we need the direction, these were the moments where Palace struggled, we caused them problems. We need to pick up as well second balls in these moments and go from there. I thought the start was positive again and then the red card happened. But obviously the best possible reaction from Lucho then – worldie, wonderful goal. And from that moment on it was a special game. That was us at home with an incredible atmosphere. Unfortunately, without a goal, which is not easy.

But I think the way we played – and you all watched a lot of football games with 10v11 and it’s not common that you put a team as much under pressure as we did. But we did and that was good. So, now we have a point more than before the game. I can imagine what kind of articles and headlines and commentaries that leads [to] but that’s life. So, we will go from here.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #580: Aug 16, 2022 09:05:17 am
      Every season without fail we have tha same dilemma - injuries and lack of viable replacement negate any long term success.

How long before the greatest manager on the planet refuse to work under the market players?

Only his love and respect for the city and the team are keeping him at Anfield.

Make no mistake we are mid-table fodder without Jürgen Klopp and the market players don’t give a sh*t.
      Harrisimo

• 8,443 posts | 1441 
      Reply #581: Aug 16, 2022 09:10:56 am
      Some positives out of it, we're unbeaten..Elliott looked busy..Diaz scored a blinder..Boss was quite upbeat. Might give Darwin an extra bit of determination once he channels his aggression in the right way.

Harrisimo

• 8,443 posts | 1441 
      Reply #582: Aug 16, 2022 09:25:42 am
      Other thing is maybe Diaz should drift inside a lot more.Getting dead balls from Robbo, in that he has to lay it off most times. Coming in field a lot more going at defenders...on the move...makes him a much more effective force.

Not just saying that because his goal came from cutting inside, I've said a few times he'll cut inside and score. Getting the best out of Diaz means to balance are attacks down the left a bit more.

After Diaz scored he hardly had a touch as our attacks were focused down the right. Diaz should maybe be given more licence to play across the line a bit more.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #583: Aug 16, 2022 09:34:04 am
      Just read the BBC report on the game which says Nunez was DESERVEDLY sent off for reacting to a shove from Joachim Anderson  with a headbutt that floored the Palace defender!?!?

If the ref had any F***ing clue the defender should have been warned for making sexual advances to Nunez' arse and his response was to  turn round and push the pervert away with his chest, there was a mock suggestion of a butt but absolutely no contact!

I saw the live game and several replays of the incident and there was no contact.
      The defender was attempting to get Nunez provoked and sent off.
      The BBC and the media in general  all read from the same bullshit page.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,303 posts | 240 
      Reply #584: Aug 16, 2022 09:35:43 am
      It was 100% red card and stupid thing to do.

Nunez should score and silenced Anderson.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #585: Aug 16, 2022 09:38:48 am
      Just read the BBC report on the game which says Nunez was DESERVEDLY sent off for reacting to a shove from Joachim Anderson  with a headbutt that floored the Palace defender!?!?

If the ref had any f**king clue the defender should have been warned for making sexual advances to Nunez' arse and his response was to  turn round and push the pervert away with his chest, there was a mock suggestion of a butt but absolutely no contact!

I saw the live game and several replays of the incident and there was no contact.

Course the defender went over like a felled tree but it’s a red all day mate. You can get away with those if you push your head in to the other player BUT he moves his head quickly and abruptly and that makes it very easy for the referee. Total bonehead play. Nunez is clearly an emotional guy, love his passion but he will need to channel it because other defenders will look to wind him up after this.
      Harrisimo

• 8,443 posts | 1441 
      Reply #586: Aug 16, 2022 09:42:05 am

If the ref had any f**king clue the defender should have been warned for making sexual advances to Nunez' arse and his response was to  turn round and push the pervert away with his chest, there was a mock suggestion of a butt but absolutely no contact!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDgKj-e1Wxc&ab_channel=WHATS%27NEWFOOTBALL

Was only minimal contact but he did go forward into Anderson with the head. It's a red card all day long. Obviously he was provoked, goes with territory. He has to deal with it. He's put himself up on offer now.Hopefully he'll channel the aggression the right way.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #587: Aug 16, 2022 09:51:21 am

You watched a different incedent than i did then
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,789 posts | 7188 
      Reply #588: Aug 16, 2022 10:08:30 am
      to all the doom and gloom merchants just beat City home and away will give us 2 point lead over them.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #589: Aug 16, 2022 10:10:34 am
      Never went to plan at all.

But decent draw coming back from behind.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,182 posts | 533 
      Reply #590: Aug 16, 2022 10:13:37 am
      So why do you think FSG are refusing to spend?

You really need to get with the programme mate. Asking questions like that, or you are on a wind up.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #591: Aug 16, 2022 10:21:06 am
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDgKj-e1Wxc&ab_channel=WHATS%27NEWFOOTBALL

Was only minimal contact but he did go forward into Anderson with the head. It's a red card all day long. Obviously he was provoked, goes with territory. He has to deal with it. He's put himself up on offer now.Hopefully he'll channel the aggression the right way.

Course the defender went over like a felled tree but it’s a red all day mate. You can get away with those if you push your head in to the other player BUT he moves his head quickly and abruptly and that makes it very easy for the referee. Total bonehead play. Nunez is clearly an emotional guy, love his passion but he will need to channel it because other defenders will look to wind him up after this.

The main point I make is if the ref would have got on the case earlier and had a word with the pr**k of a defender our man would not have been sent off.
      There was also handball in the penalty area not given and I think it was Diaz who was bear-hugged also in the area which wasn't addressed either.
      « Last Edit: Aug 16, 2022 11:39:45 am by stuey »
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #592: Aug 16, 2022 10:23:30 am

If the ref had any F***ing clue the defender should have been warned for making sexual advances to Nunez' arse and his response was to  turn round and push the pervert away with his chest, there was a mock suggestion of a butt but absolutely no contact!

Strongly disagree. You cannot put your forehead into an opponent's face and get away with it. If that was a Manc doing it to Nunez, we'd be screaming for a red card. It's a red any day of the week.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      Reply #593: Aug 16, 2022 10:28:02 am
      to all the doom and gloom merchants just beat City home and away will give us 2 point lead over them.
      The same goes for City. They are capable of beating us home and away and then they are 10 points ahead. We just struggled away to Fulham and at home to Palace so whilst I appreciate the positivity, right now at least, it looks a bit misplaced.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #594: Aug 16, 2022 10:28:45 am
      The main point I make is if the ref would have got on the case earlier and hard a word with the pr**k of a defender our man would not have been sent off.
      There was also handball in the penalty area not given and I think it was Diaz who was bear-hugged also in the area which wasn't addressed either.

ref defo could have been better.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,789 posts | 7188 
      Reply #595: Aug 16, 2022 10:31:54 am
      The same goes for City. They are capable of beating us home and away and then they are 10 points ahead. We just struggled away to Fulham and at home to Palace so whilst I appreciate the positivity, right now at least, it looks a bit misplaced.

I prefer to reflect on the last 4 years and how Jürgen has found a way to challenge and win Trophies so after 2 games I won't be calling this season a failure like so many its f***in bizarre really.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #596: Aug 16, 2022 10:38:30 am
      That was a red. He will learn how to cope with the pressure of playing in England and the English media.

Young lad, just lost his head.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      Reply #597: Aug 16, 2022 10:48:38 am
      I prefer to reflect on the last 4 years and how Jürgen has found a way to challenge and win Trophies so after 2 games I won't be calling this season a failure like so many its f***in bizarre really.
      I don't think our season will be a failure; I think we'll get a cup and qualify for the CL. I'd take that right now.

Quick Reply